or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Other Areas of Interest › Camcorders › WANTED: Old VHS/SVHS/VHSC camcorders
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

WANTED: Old VHS/SVHS/VHSC camcorders

post #1 of 5
Thread Starter 
Hi all.
I'm looking for old camcorders with colour viewfinders (The old CRT type).

Ultimately I require two identical models - as I intend to dismantle them for parts.

Sony handycam with long eye relief preferred, or if you have a JVC GR-45E viewfinder.

For those of you who are wondering what I want these for; I have several projects in mind, one prototype is a night vision set. Cathode ray viewfinders are a cheap way to test my theory before sending big bucks on new equipment.
post #2 of 5
Sony has never made vhs/svhs/vhsc cams only betamax 8mm hi8
digital 8 and mini dv
post #3 of 5
I have a Panasonic AG-450 S-VHS Reporter (from their Professional / Industrial line) I may be interested in parting with.. I think there are issues with it and I'm not sure I want to get rid of the its nice hard shell case...


EDIT: Oops, skipped over your requirement for a color viewfinder, the 450 is bw CRT.
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dranoweb View Post

Hi all.
I'm looking for old camcorders with colour viewfinders (The old CRT type).

Ultimately I require two identical models - as I intend to dismantle them for parts.

Sony handycam with long eye relief preferred, or if you have a JVC GR-45E viewfinder.

For those of you who are wondering what I want these for; I have several projects in mind, one prototype is a night vision set. Cathode ray viewfinders are a cheap way to test my theory before sending big bucks on new equipment.

You'll have a hard time finding COLOR CRT viewfinders. The vast majority of viewfinders in those old machines are black and white crt. And the early color viewfinders were LCD from the start.
post #5 of 5
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by alainhubert View Post

You'll have a hard time finding COLOR CRT viewfinders. The vast majority of viewfinders in those old machines are black and white crt. And the early color viewfinders were LCD from the start.

Black and white will do fine also, I have found a low lux CCD module that outputs a B&W composite signal that is compatible with these units.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flintyplus View Post

Sony has never made vhs/svhs/vhsc cams only betamax 8mm hi8
digital 8 and mini dv

Handy information, and 8mm will be fine so long as it has a CRT type viewfinder.


Quote:
Originally Posted by turbe View Post

I'm not sure I want to get rid of the its nice hard shell case...

Thats fine, all I need is the viewfinder.
In fact if you are able to remove it easily, this may save us both some shipping hassle.

Please keep in mine that I intend to dismantle any camera that may be sold to given to me. So if it has sentimental value, probably best to hang on to it.

My main requirement for my current project is two identical viewfinders. B&W or colour is less of an issue if I have identical units.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Camcorders
AVS › AVS Forum › Other Areas of Interest › Camcorders › WANTED: Old VHS/SVHS/VHSC camcorders