or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Players › Official LG BD690/670/650/6xx Series Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official LG BD690/670/650/6xx Series Thread - Page 58

post #1711 of 2320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampidemic View Post


This really is an issue with Lion, not with the LG players. Lots of other media players and NAS devices have the same compatibility issues with Lion. The license terms of Samba changed so Apple wrote their own software to replace it.

There was a workaround posted in this forum a few months back, though it's somewhat involved.

Another alternative is to use a DLNA server instead of CIFS/SMB. I use Serviio on my Mac, which is free and can transcode lots of file types not natively supported by the BD670.

Thanks I will look into your suggestion.
post #1712 of 2320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampidemic View Post

It's unlikely that a software rollback will resolve this problem. The problem was reported after the Netflix App itself was updated. Premium App updates get installed automatically. There is no way to rollback Premium app updates, only software and driver installations can be initiated by the user.

Thanks for the info. Any idea if Netflix or LG are working on a solution? I have been told by agents at LG that they are, but who knows if that is true. First I was told the update would bereleased 2 Fridays ago, then that it was delayed, and it would be at the end of last week at the latest, then they said there was no timetable for release, and now I can't even get the live chat window to work, or a response to an email.
post #1713 of 2320
Quote:
Originally Posted by jep0617 View Post


Thanks for the info. Any idea if Netflix or LG are working on a solution? I have been told by agents at LG that they are, but who knows if that is true. First I was told the update would bereleased 2 Fridays ago, then that it was delayed, and it would be at the end of last week at the latest, then they said there was no timetable for release, and now I can't even get the live chat window to work, or a response to an email.

Software updates in general are hard to predict, so it is probably best to take any timetables with a grain of salt. There was a recent update that some users have reported fixed the problem. However, other users reported that their players got bricked after installing so apparently the update was recalled. Netflix is the most popular streaming app by far, so I am sure they are working on a fix, but it needs to be tested fully before they release so that users don't have to take their players into service centers! Hopefully the delay means they are doing their due diligence to get it right this time.
post #1714 of 2320
Is there a known issue with the wireless in the BD670? I was Googling to find out what wireless it does (b/g/n) and ran into a couple of posts lamenting how awful it is. I moved my WAP, and was going to buy a new one, saw that the LG had wireless already and set it up... but video is too herky-jerky.
post #1715 of 2320
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnojr View Post

Is there a known issue with the wireless in the BD670? I was Googling to find out what wireless it does (b/g/n) and ran into a couple of posts lamenting how awful it is. I moved my WAP, and was going to buy a new one, saw that the LG had wireless already and set it up... but video is too herky-jerky.

What is the source of your video? If you are streaming over your network, what is the bit rate of your files? Using HD? I think the built in wireless is okay, but a wired connection of some sort is preferred, especially if you want to stream HD files locally over your network.
post #1716 of 2320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampidemic View Post

What is the source of your video? If you are streaming over your network, what is the bit rate of your files? Using HD? I think the built in wireless is okay, but a wired connection of some sort is preferred, especially if you want to stream HD files locally over your network.

The built-in wireless on my 670 works beautifully in my experience, at 5GHz playing files off SMB. In an apartment building with lots and lots of 2.4GHz networks, I would expect a very different story running 2.4GHz, but I've never tried (my iPhone is my only 2.4GHz device)...
post #1717 of 2320
FIRMWARE 398 supports Canon SLR videos and Iphone's mov's, both changing the extension from mov to m4v, right now I install firmware 404e and yuppi still doesn't have cinavia bothering regulations.

The big problem with this BD670 is that the remote control only programs 4 brands and sony is the only japanese, thats a shame since my other blue ray player the Samsung BDD-6500 can program even a vizio tv and many others
post #1718 of 2320
Purchased a 690 today (Fry's has some great $$ on the 670 and 90 limited to in stock or through web sales)..figured even with some of the troubles I'd read about here the file compatability and DNLA support was worth a try. Some observations

1) Could not connect wireless..may be a password problem as I couldn't find a caps key to enter the letters (Maybe WEP codes aren't case sensitive?). But I have a wired powerline that worked fine.
2) Immeidately asked to upgrade to 8.62.382.e. since this seemed to be an OK version I did so. This added Hulu and Amazon to the menu.
3)Froze up playing a movie on DNLA using ps3 media server (did not install the Nero stuff yet).
4) unplugged and rebooted..Now would not let me use premium services without upgrading (again? I just did) so I upgraded again. Current version is 8.97.404e. Seems to be working
So far so good...for the mid $100s I've got a decent network and entertainment streamer that plays blu-rays. Haven't tried the hard disk yet.
post #1719 of 2320
Picked up a BD-670 recently. I have it plugged into a Denon-1909 via HDMI. Audio>HDMI=Primary Pass-Thru

When I play a blu-ray everything works fine. When I press stop once on discs that don't support resume or stop twice on discs that do support resume, a loud popping sound coming out of the speakers until I turn the BD-670 off or go into the Audio menu and change the audio resolution or something. Upgraded to the most recent firmware, no help.

If I change to Audio>HDMI=PCM Multi-Ch, the problem does not occur.

Are there any known bitstream issues with this player?
post #1720 of 2320
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenwatt View Post

FIRMWARE 398 supports Canon SLR videos and Iphone's mov's, both changing the extension from mov to m4v, right now I install firmware 404e and yuppi still doesn't have cinavia bothering regulations.

The big problem with this BD670 is that the remote control only programs 4 brands and sony is the only japanese, thats a shame since my other blue ray player the Samsung BDD-6500 can program even a vizio tv and many others

Hi Dude,

Could you please telle me how to program the remote? I have LG LCD TV and DENON AMP. Is it possible to program them to BD670 Remote?
post #1721 of 2320
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtokach View Post

Picked up a BD-670 recently. I have it plugged into a Denon-1909 via HDMI. Audio>HDMI=Primary Pass-Thru

When I play a blu-ray everything works fine. When I press stop once on discs that don't support resume or stop twice on discs that do support resume, a loud popping sound coming out of the speakers until I turn the BD-670 off or go into the Audio menu and change the audio resolution or something. Upgraded to the most recent firmware, no help.

If I change to Audio>HDMI=PCM Multi-Ch, the problem does not occur.

Are there any known bitstream issues with this player?

Haven't seen other reports of this problem here. Sounds like a problem with the AVR though. I have been running Multi channel PCM for some time due to some minor issues exposed by the release of the Star Wars saga on BD (brief audio drop outs) that were determined to be firmware issues on my Denon AVR-1610. Problem is that a trip to an authorized Denon service center is needed to update firmware on the AVR. However, PCM Multi-ch is just as good so I would recommend just using that.
post #1722 of 2320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampidemic View Post

Haven't seen other reports of this problem here. Sounds like a problem with the AVR though. I have been running Multi channel PCM for some time due to some minor issues exposed by the release of the Star Wars saga on BD (brief audio drop outs) that were determined to be firmware issues on my Denon AVR-1610. Problem is that a trip to an authorized Denon service center is needed to update firmware on the AVR. However, PCM Multi-ch is just as good so I would recommend just using that.

There were some bitstream issues with the 1909, but I don't recall this being one of them. To your point, I guess I really don't care which device does the decoding.

I have another blu-ray player on a different AVR. I'll swap them and see if I can reproduce the issue on the other AVR or see if the other BR player has the same effect on the 1909.
post #1723 of 2320
Yoy can only program a tv, for LG tv press the tv power down in the botton and still pressing it then press number 1 and if not then number 2 and that's all....sony tv is 8 and 9
post #1724 of 2320
I just got a 690 from Amazon and tried two IMAX disc and I cannot navigate the menus, one of the discs is "under the sea". The player downloaded a new firmware yesterday but it didn't help, interestingly both discs have 2D menus an they seem to be fine but once I'm in 3D the menu navigation problem starts. Has anyone seen this, I have the BD690 connected directly to the TV via HDMI. If I turn off 3D mode On the 690 the bluray menus begin working again.
post #1725 of 2320
Has anyone tried talking to LG support about the Netflix issues?

A lot of stuff has out of sync audio/video on there now and the guy I spoke to today said "They are not aware of any such issue."
post #1726 of 2320
Well the menu thing was a bit too much for me to bear so I sent it back.
post #1727 of 2320
Couldn't post this till now but I just updated my 670 this morning to version 404E. I can't report any problems so far. Good luck everybody!
post #1728 of 2320
Any hints on how to get the BD670 software updated from 382E as the box will quit allowing me to access MLB.TV. It keeps telling me to update from setup, it finds the 404E but update fails regardless of what I try, I updated firmware last time with a download from their site as the auto failed every time. Customer Service is mailing a disk "maybe" in 7 to 10 days and has no idea when "engineering" will post 404E for download. I tried the "hide" feature in the update routine but it accomplished nothing
post #1729 of 2320
I have always found that updating in the am has worked the best. It seems logical that later on in the day the servers are getting slammed as folks are at home playing with their toys trying to update them. Use a wired connection from your router if possible. If it it still fails trying a am update do a reset on the box, redo network setting, try and update again.
post #1730 of 2320
Thanks for the suggestions, I will use a hard wire connection and try about 3 AM and reset all the connection settings
post #1731 of 2320
Has anyone else had an issue with firmware BD.8.97.404.E?

After I installed the update, the HDD was no longer a selectable option.
For example with no disc in the player I can see the following as non selectable options: "Disc", "USB", & "HDD". I can however select "Wi-Fi Direct" and my computer which it recognizes.

I wish I could say this only happened when no disc was in the drive, but the problem persists with a disc inserted as well.

I'm at a loss. I have even unplugged the device to allow the system to fully boot, waited 10 seconds, and then powered on. Same result. No selectable HDD.

Please help. The player is only 4 days old. Out of the box the HDD worked fine and I even ripped 3 cd's. Then I did the firmware update...
post #1732 of 2320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emannikcufesin View Post

Has anyone else had an issue with firmware BD.8.97.404.E?

Sorry, I have the 670 but you can probably still get .382 and revert back. They usually don't update the web for a couple weeks with the new build. Then see if its just a coding problem as usual. With so many programmers out of work I don't know what LG's problem is with all their buggy releases. Wish they would use ffdshow as codecs.
post #1733 of 2320
Well up off and on all night trying to update to 404E no luck, hard wire, reset, all the suggestions tried, just will not complete a download. Might have to get it's attention with a SnapOn BP48
post #1734 of 2320
Hi, I have problem with my new BD670, I conect for first once but I don´t know or not find where see of WiFi MAC address. I search for diferent web page but i don´t find nathing.
Do We Know where it´s this address?
Thank for your help.
Hernán.
post #1735 of 2320
Quote:
Originally Posted by aa/fd View Post

Well up off and on all night trying to update to 404E no luck, hard wire, reset, all the suggestions tried, just will not complete a download. Might have to get it's attention with a SnapOn BP48

If the download doesn't complete your almost there. It means your getting kicked off. Try this now: Leave the unit setup as is (if your networked that is) and TRY to update after 9-10AM cause that's when I've had the best luck. Make sure nothing else on your network is using bandwidth at this time too. I read your were trying around 3AM and that's still a busy time for the servers.
post #1736 of 2320
Quote:
Originally Posted by bocampeon01 View Post

Hi, I have problem with my new BD670, I conect for first once but I don´t know or not find where see of WiFi MAC address. I search for diferent web page but i don´t find nathing.
Do We Know where it´s this address?
Thank for your help.
Hernán.

Go to 'Settings, Network, Connection Setting' 'Select Wired or Wireless'
If Wired, go to next page, select OK. TEST to see if you connect.
If Wireless, select Wireless, next select router name, next enter password, select OK. TEST to see if you connect.
post #1737 of 2320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseman View Post

Go to 'Settings, Network, Connection Setting' 'Select Wired or Wireless'
If Wired, go to next page, select OK. TEST to see if you connect.
If Wireless, select Wireless, next select router name, next enter password, select OK. TEST to see if you connect.

Thank, I look it!!! yuo are a genios!!!
post #1738 of 2320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emannikcufesin View Post

Has anyone else had an issue with firmware BD.8.97.404.E?

After I installed the update, the HDD was no longer a selectable option.
For example with no disc in the player I can see the following as non selectable options: "Disc", "USB", & "HDD". I can however select "Wi-Fi Direct" and my computer which it recognizes.

I wish I could say this only happened when no disc was in the drive, but the problem persists with a disc inserted as well.

I'm at a loss. I have even unplugged the device to allow the system to fully boot, waited 10 seconds, and then powered on. Same result. No selectable HDD.

Please help. The player is only 4 days old. Out of the box the HDD worked fine and I even ripped 3 cd's. Then I did the firmware update...

04/14/12 - Well the HDD is back. But I'm not sure if it was a self fix by the player or something I did. I initialized the hard drive for the third time and physical lifted the BD690 up and then set it back down. Now the HDD is a selectable option. Wow, I really hope this is an isolated anomaly and not a sign of things to come with this player.

04/15/12 - lost the HDD again. AGGGGGGGHHHHH! This is so frustrating.
post #1739 of 2320
I am looking into getting one of these for my mother & wondered which you all would recommend.

She has an LG tv (5600, I think) and a denon receiver (can't remember which model) & she would like to be able to stream netflix through the blu-ray player. She also has dsl not cable internet.

Anyways, thanks for your help!
post #1740 of 2320
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmpostema View Post

I am looking into getting one of these for my mother & wondered which you all would recommend.

She has an LG tv (5600, I think) and a denon receiver (can't remember which model) & she would like to be able to stream netflix through the blu-ray player. She also has dsl not cable internet.

Anyways, thanks for your help!

I believe this TV model has the Netflix app already so i would not bounce from the player back to the TV. Have her stream Netflix direct from her TV and patch all audio thru the TV as well. HDMI from the player to TV of course and use selected options in the player settings panel. In other words the TV should be the brains of all extensions. Try to use wired from router to TV, causes less burps. DSL shouldn't be a problem.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Blu-ray Players
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Players › Official LG BD690/670/650/6xx Series Thread