or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › Xbox Area › Call of Duty:Modern Warfare.......*3*
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Call of Duty:Modern Warfare.......*3* - Page 344

post #10291 of 10486
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

Isn't today map day?

I'm at work. Been looking on youtube for some gamplays on the new maps and can't seem to find any.
post #10292 of 10486
Usually Tuesdays but must be pushed back a day because of Labor Day. MW3 content calendar says 9/6. 9/5 for Elite.
post #10293 of 10486
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrtledog View Post

Usually Tuesdays but must be pushed back a day because of Labor Day. MW3 content calendar says 9/6. 9/5 for Elite.

"LAME"
post #10294 of 10486
Just downloaded the new maps. I won't be able to try them out until later this afternoon.
post #10295 of 10486
The new maps are....ok. I dunno if it's the maps themselves, my overwhelming apathy for the game at the point, or the painkillers I'm jacked up on (yay whiplash), but I just can't get excited for them. Parish is super close quarters, lots of random shotgunning when you turn a corner. Really small map, it could probably pass for a face off map. Boardwalk is a good mix of short and long, probably the best of the bunch. Gulch is kind of samey everywhere you look, lots of angles to cover from just about everywhere. I probably would have loved them a few months ago, and I'm sure if you're still all about mw3 its always good to get something new. But they really needed to get all these maps out months ago. If I hadn't gotten it through elite, I dunno if I would have even bought this pack.
post #10296 of 10486
f**king love the new maps.
OMFGawd!!!

Boardwalk is an instant classic. Reminded us of "Drive-In" and the Amusement Park from MW2 DLC.
Gulch is awesome for the expanse and the multiple levels.
Parish is a tight map. Not a fan, but still pretty cool.

It sucks they saved the best for last though.
10 months of DLC and maybe 5 of the maps from the launch through now are memorable.
I doubt a year from now anyone will be saying, "damn dude, remember all the fun we had on ?
post #10297 of 10486
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammybastard View Post

f**king love the new maps.
OMFGawd!!!
Boardwalk is an instant classic. Reminded us of "Drive-In" and the Amusement Park from MW2 DLC.
Gulch is awesome for the expanse and the multiple levels.
Parish is a tight map. Not a fan, but still pretty cool.
It sucks they saved the best for last though.
10 months of DLC and maybe 5 of the maps from the launch through now are memorable.
I doubt a year from now anyone will be saying, "damn dude, remember all the fun we had on ?

Gotta agree with Jammy here, although I've been somewhat absent recently so haven't had a chance to play the past couple map packs much. Had a blast last night on the new maps.

My golf league is over, the Mrs. is back to work, and cooler weather is on the way, so you should be seeing me somewhat more often. Looking forward to shaking some of the rust off.
post #10298 of 10486
As much as I want to bitch about elite, they have given us a shyt load of content... downloading the maps now:)
post #10299 of 10486
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipdalou View Post

Gotta agree with Jammy here, although I've been somewhat absent recently so haven't had a chance to play the past couple map packs much. Had a blast last night on the new maps.
My golf league is over, the Mrs. is back to work, and cooler weather is on the way, so you should be seeing me somewhat more often. Looking forward to shaking some of the rust off.

I like the new maps as well. Hit me up if I'm on and we'll shake that rust off.
post #10300 of 10486
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammybastard View Post

f**king love the new maps.
OMFGawd!!!
Boardwalk is an instant classic. Reminded us of "Drive-In" and the Amusement Park from MW2 DLC.
Gulch is awesome for the expanse and the multiple levels.
Parish is a tight map. Not a fan, but still pretty cool.
It sucks they saved the best for last though.
10 months of DLC and maybe 5 of the maps from the launch through now are memorable.
I doubt a year from now anyone will be saying, "damn dude, remember all the fun we had on ?

+1 the new maps ROCK!!!

MW3 post mortem - Content Collection 4 is great.

I'm glad I skipped Content Collection 3...all I wanted were the "regular" maps DLC.

Also glad I skipped Elite - I got all the maps (minus Face Off) for 3600 MS Points.

I like Parish, Gulch, Boardwalk, Decommission and Off Shore is O.K.
post #10301 of 10486
I got on today and just couldn't get a decent match. Throwing a grenade was delayed terribly so you can only imagine how bad shooting others was. There seems to be a sweet spot of "prime time" for me. If I get on earlier than that or later than that, it sucks. I must be playing with people from time zones far from mine. My internet is really good, ping below 20ms most of the time. Being 10 minutes from Philly should also help.

Either way I plan on playing a lot more than I have been the past few months. If you guys see me on and need a player just send an invite. Will play anything, but Domination and Kill Confirmed are the two game types I like the most. Domination more so, because if I can't kill people I can still help the team by capping flags and shooting things out of the sky!
post #10302 of 10486
blah blah blah

wife is preggers

blah blah blah

taking a ton of time off when the new baby is born

blah blah blah

lost about 18 lbs before I got sick

blah blah blah

gained like 5 lbs back

blah blah blah

haven't played a round of MW3 since we moved to new house (for those in the Chicago area, I'm close to Fermi Lab)

blah blah blah

basement is HUGE. It's like 8 of my tiny garages! Man cave 2.0 is currently in the embryonic stage but I do have a bunch of stuff setup

blah blah blah

I miss my guys
post #10303 of 10486
You sir, have been missed....

Now where the hell is CW at?? I need some shooting practice!!!!
post #10304 of 10486
Sad news for old crew v1, Mobius is closing up shop as of 9/13... frown.gif
post #10305 of 10486
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeloxlong View Post

haven't played a round of MW3 since we moved to new house (for those in the Chicago area, I'm close to Fermi Lab)
blah blah blah
basement is HUGE. It's like 8 of my tiny garages! Man cave 2.0 is currently in the embryonic stage but I do have a bunch of stuff setup
blah blah blah
I miss my guys

Zombie still plays, as does Goldmember and the rest of us are in clan called "Chalupatron" on Elite.

BTW - I grew up North of that area. Take a trip to Cantigny in Weaton, specifically the First Division Museum.
post #10306 of 10486
Whats up guys, I might have to hop on and try these new maps.

Kabob got me hooked on LoL, and I'll be playing Borderlands 2 a lot

Hope everyone is doing well
post #10307 of 10486
Downloaded the maps and played some last night, first time in about a month - I generally liked the new maps, fairly close quarters, great for a SitRep Pro sound whore like me. rolleyes.gif
post #10308 of 10486
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Horstkotte View Post

Downloaded the maps and played some last night, first time in about a month - I generally liked the new maps, fairly close quarters, great for a SitRep Pro sound whore like me. rolleyes.gif

Thought I saw you on there last night! Good to see ya.

Pimp - screw LoL, screw BL2, and definitely screw Kabob. Although I'm one to talk - I'm almost non-existent during the summer months. smile.gif
post #10309 of 10486
Saw you too smile.gif - but looked like you were already in a party, so I didn't hit you up for a game - plus I'm fairly clueless on XBLive "etiquette", so I usually just lurk until someone gets desparate enough to invite me, and break me out of my FFA habit. tongue.gif
post #10310 of 10486
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Horstkotte View Post

Saw you too smile.gif - but looked like you were already in a party, so I didn't hit you up for a game - plus I'm fairly clueless on XBLive "etiquette", so I usually just lurk until someone gets desparate enough to invite me, and break me out of my FFA habit. tongue.gif

Dude, just pop into someones party. lol. I've learned if I wait someone will eventually invite me...but after "a while". Come play some Domination, KC or TDM with us. FFA is so hard to actually get a win in...for me anyway. But I'll play it.
post #10311 of 10486
Yeah just hop on in - if it's full, at least we know you want in and will send you an invite when someone else bails.

And just an FYI - you all suck balls. My girlfriend decides to go to bed early last night, so I get a nice early long evening of gaming, and hardly anyone was around.
post #10312 of 10486
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipdalou View Post

Yeah just hop on in - if it's full, at least we know you want in and will send you an invite when someone else bails.
And just an FYI - you all suck balls. My girlfriend decides to go to bed early last night, so I get a nice early long evening of gaming, and hardly anyone was around.

Ha! I know, I hardly get any "long evenings" during the week. It stinks that no one is on when you get one of those.
post #10313 of 10486
So now that MW3 is "over"...you guys going back to blops? I wouldn't say no to wager matches....
post #10314 of 10486
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipdalou View Post

Yeah just hop on in - if it's full, at least we know you want in and will send you an invite when someone else bails.
And just an FYI - you all suck balls. My girlfriend decides to go to bed early last night, so I get a nice early long evening of gaming, and hardly anyone was around.

I thought about playing....does that count?
post #10315 of 10486
post #10316 of 10486
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbexperience View Post

I thought about playing....does that count?

You were the one person I was happy wasn't playing. So I'm not sure if that counts.

Darius - I'm game for Black Ops as a change of pace, although I'm still really liking the new MW3 maps. Problem is, I suck at Black Ops, so I might need some bribing to play.
post #10317 of 10486
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipdalou View Post

You were the one person I was happy wasn't playing. So I'm not sure if that counts.
Darius - I'm game for Black Ops as a change of pace, although I'm still really liking the new MW3 maps. Problem is, I suck at Black Ops, so I might need some bribing to play.

lol. Ouch, man.
post #10318 of 10486
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbexperience View Post

lol. Ouch, man.

<3 It's just tough love, BB. smile.gif
post #10319 of 10486
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipdalou View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbexperience View Post

I thought about playing....does that count?

You were the one person I was happy wasn't playing. So I'm not sure if that counts.

Darius - I'm game for Black Ops as a change of pace, although I'm still really liking the new MW3 maps. Problem is, I suck at Black Ops, so I might need some bribing to play.

Hmmm....maybe I should play a bit more of the new maps then if everyone seems to like them so much. I actually don't really want to play blops that much, its more that I dont want to play mw3 anymore, and want to play blops 2 way, way more. I figured with the way people talk about mw3 around here that there'd have been a blops renaissance as soon as the maps were done.
post #10320 of 10486
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

Hmmm....maybe I should play a bit more of the new maps then if everyone seems to like them so much. I actually don't really want to play blops that much, its more that I dont want to play mw3 anymore, and want to play blops 2 way, way more. I figured with the way people talk about mw3 around here that there'd have been a blops renaissance as soon as the maps were done.

The problem with blops is that no one will stay in matches anymore when they are losing. We practically cleared out the domination game mode over the weekend and could no longer find a game.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Xbox Area
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › Xbox Area › Call of Duty:Modern Warfare.......*3*