or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › Xbox Area › Call of Duty:Modern Warfare.......*3*
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Call of Duty:Modern Warfare.......*3* - Page 51

post #1501 of 10486
Quote:
Originally Posted by danieloneil01 View Post

I think it's the complete opposite.

I am glad I am not you.

I am least excited about MW3, but am antsy as hell for several other titles.
post #1502 of 10486
Campers don't really bother me. Sure it's annoying to get killed by someone sitting in a corner on the opposite side of the map from the objective but other than that it's a worthless tactic unless you are holding a choke point/objective
post #1503 of 10486
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickff View Post

I am glad I am not you.

I am least excited about MW3, but am antsy as hell for several other titles.

Same here! mw3 is just modern warfare 2.5. Us pc players call them expansions or patches not full releases. But why not milk the cow if your activision. I'll still get mw3 :-/ but battlefield's large scale 64 players on pc is prob where I'll be spending my time.

But within the next 3 months the games coming out are UNBELIVEABLE
post #1504 of 10486
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucwylde23 View Post

Campers don't really bother me. Sure it's annoying to get killed by someone sitting in a corner on the opposite side of the map from the objective but other than that it's a worthless tactic unless you are holding a choke point/objective

Campers are most annoying when they're on your team in a mode like HQ. When everyone else is dead you see some retard just laying down someplace, not moving while the other team caps the HQ.
post #1505 of 10486
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threefiddie View Post


Same here! mw3 is just modern warfare 2.5. Us pc players call them expansions or patches not full releases. But why not milk the cow if your activision. I'll still get mw3 :-/ but battlefield's large scale 64 players on pc is prob where I'll be spending my time.

But within the next 3 months the games coming out are UNBELIVEABLE

So sick of this modern warfare 2.5 bullsh*t!

Was megaman 3 really megaman 2.5? I mean, they used the same sprites for megaman!
How about street fighter 3? Was that streetfighter 2.5? Ryu and Ken were in it, after all!
Castlevania 2.5-- hey, you were still using a whip and slaying vampires!

Why do you think MW3 doesn't deserve to be called a sequel?

New campaign
New characters
New settings
New guns
New equipment
New co-op multiplayer modes
New competitive multiplayer modes
New perks
New leveling mechanics for multiplayer
New attachments
New killstreaks
New maps
New balancing
New *graphics*
New online social conpanion

Need I go on? Mw3 is a modern day military shooter-- and a sequel to an existing (and very popular) story and franchise to boot! What more are you expecting?

I'm sure that eventually the formula will get old-- maybe for you it already has. But for MILLIONS of others it hasn't and doesn't show signs of slowing down. The developers are giving us EXACTLY what we want: more CoD, new and improved.
post #1506 of 10486
Some people are never happy and always think they can do a better job, when in reality they would likely have a brain hemorrhage if they tried to code a modern, feature-rich, full length video game.
post #1507 of 10486
I like your thinking Sage....

I think people who b*tch about stuff like that probably aren't happy with anything.
post #1508 of 10486
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmfgItzThaMack View Post

I like your thinking Sage....

I think people who b*tch about stuff like that probably aren't happy with anything.

I just want MW3 to behave online as MW2 did. All of the changes they are making sound great. Taking out the overpowered crap from MW2 is really all I need with some new maps. Blops was unplayable for me and I cannot wait for this game. It will be nice to get the gang together again when this releases.
post #1509 of 10486
I don't know how many of you guys played together before BLOPS came out, as I started playing with several members several months ago. I look at BLOPS as the evil girlfriend who drove you guys apart, lol. Hopefully MW3 will brings us all back together, as I'd like to play with more of you guys.
post #1510 of 10486
Ya I've been done with BLOPS for quite awhile but hope I can hook up with some people from these boards for MW3 as it sucks to play with randoms all the time.
post #1511 of 10486
Quote:
Originally Posted by rs600cubed View Post

Ya I've been done with BLOPS for quite awhile but hope I can hook up with some people from these boards for MW3 as it sucks to play with randoms all the time.

Once the release gets closer you will see a LONG list of AVS members giving out their GTs. I keep mine in my sig so you could add me at any time (send me a message that you are from AVS so I know). I plan on getting back to MW2 this week (possibly tonight) to get ready for the release. I am on the east coast and usually play from 9:00-10:00 start until 12-1am. I have a feeling we will need 2-3 AVS lobbies at least. I know there is a strong BF group here, so who is playing what remains to be seen.

I can tell you that most AVSers are very good at the COD games. Even if you are average, it won't matter most of the time. Some on here are just unreal good and can carry a team themselves. When a few get together it is usually a fun night of dishing out beatings. I consider myself to be an above average player and I can't hold a candle to some here.

Either way you will have fun. It may be a little weird at first, but once you get in a few games I am sure you will enjoy the AVS players. It will change your Live experience for the better.
post #1512 of 10486
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbyrnes View Post


Once the release gets closer you will see a LONG list of AVS members giving out their GTs. I keep mine in my sig so you could add me at any time (send me a message that you are from AVS so I know). I plan on getting back to MW2 this week (possibly tonight) to get ready for the release. I am on the east coast and usually play from 9:00-10:00 start until 12-1am. I have a feeling we will need 2-3 AVS lobbies at least. I know there is a strong BF group here, so who is playing what remains to be seen.

I can tell you that most AVSers are very good at the COD games. Even if you are average, it won't matter most of the time. Some on here are just unreal good and can carry a team themselves. When a few get together it is usually a fun night of dishing out beatings. I consider myself to be an above average player and I can't hold a candle to some here.

Either way you will have fun. It may be a little weird at first, but once you get in a few games I am sure you will enjoy the AVS players. It will change your Live experience for the better.

We usually need more than one lobby in blops already so I'm sure mw3 will be similar. We are going to be winning... a lot
post #1513 of 10486
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucwylde23 View Post

We usually need more than one lobby in blops already so I'm sure mw3 will be similar. We are going to be winning... a lot

I just really hope the MP is fun and not broken. Blops never really got off the ground for everyone here. I know we have a lot of newer members playing online since COD4. We all kind of split off into different games. I really hope this is the game that unifies the AVS community where everyone loves playing without a ton of complaining.

I don't think I played Blops with you Buc, but I did play with a lot of the others and it was just insane how good some guys are. From reading the Blops thread you are a beast and I look forward to getting in some games together.

Man I just hope I don't end up pissed that I blew $100 on this game.
post #1514 of 10486
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucwylde23 View Post


We usually need more than one lobby in blops already so I'm sure mw3 will be similar. We are going to be winning... a lot

I have literally never lost a match playing alongside you guys.
post #1515 of 10486
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbyrnes View Post


I just really hope the MP is fun and not broken. Blops never really got off the ground for everyone here. I know we have a lot of newer members playing online since COD4. We all kind of split off into different games. I really hope this is the game that unifies the AVS community where everyone loves playing without a ton of complaining.

I don't think I played Blops with you Buc, but I did play with a lot of the others and it was just insane how good some guys are. From reading the Blops thread you are a beast and I look forward to getting in some games together.

Man I just hope I don't end up pissed that I blew $100 on this game.

I think I've played with buc once or twice but can't recall the last time I was in a match wit you. Seems when I do connect with avs crew for some matches I do ok but I'm pretty average compared to most, I have about a 1.17 on MW2 and 1.42 on blops.

I agree with you on blops, for me it was very broken in the beginning then was mostly pretty good save some bad weeks here and there. Bad issues I had with hit detection plagued probably about 25% of my games but for the most part I had fun with it. I think MW3 would have to have some pretty significant deficiencies to not draw and maintain the usual avs suspects and some new folks as well. I see fans that both liked and disliked blops and/or MW2 taking the plunge, skeptical but hopeful.
post #1516 of 10486
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmfgItzThaMack View Post

I like your thinking Sage....

I think people who b*tch about stuff like that probably aren't happy with anything.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!
That's funny coming from you and Sage, a couple of guys who just spent the past year polluting the BLOPS thread with...BITCHING!

Unlike you and Sage I'm not a whiner.
Everyone should have concerns about MW3 because of IW's support of MW2.

Re-read the MW2 thread if you don't believe me
MW2 MP was F@CKED on release.
It took IW 8 weeks to deliver a patch that started to fix the problems.
We still had to deal with hackers and 15th prestige lobbies for 6 months after that. Guess what? That rock you can crawl into on "Fuel" still isn't patched.
That shows you right there how good their attention to detail was when it came to supporting the game.

Add to that the fact that IW is not really IW anymore, with multiple studios patched together to make MW3 ship on time and you'd have to be an idiot not to be concerned.

Like the rest of the AVS guys who played MW2 and BLOPS night after night for the past 2 years I'll be getting MW3 on the first day as well.
I'm hoping it all works as it should and there aren't any problems.
post #1517 of 10486
Infinitary Ward didn't update MW2 for a multitude of reasons, the main two likely being:

1. Infinity Ward dissolved due to internal problems near the middle of MW2's run. A non-existant company cannot update it's game. They later reformed.

2. CoD has grown significantly with the success of MW2. MW2 changed the tides and toppled Halo. We saw the effect from that with Black Ops sales.

CoD is much bigger now. Much more profits to be had and much more incentive for them to keep it actively updated with patches. Especially with the launch of the new website (elite).

I anticipate a completely different level of support from the new and improved IW.

When MW3 comes out I'd love to team up with you guys some. I have a 'clan' I usually game with but they're on maybe 50% of the time. Looking for some new peeps to mow down teh newbs with .
post #1518 of 10486
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammybastard

HAHAHAHAHAHA!
That's funny coming from you and Sage, a couple of guys who just spent the past year polluting the BLOPS thread with...BITCHING!

Unlike you and Sage I'm not a whiner.
Everyone should have concerns about MW3 because of IW's support of MW2.

Re-read the MW2 thread if you don't believe me
MW2 MP was F@CKED on release.
It took IW 8 weeks to deliver a patch that started to fix the problems.
We still had to deal with hackers and 15th prestige lobbies for 6 months after that. Guess what? That rock you can crawl into on "Fuel" still isn't patched.
That shows you right there how good their attention to detail was when it came to supporting the game.

Add to that the fact that IW is not really IW anymore, with multiple studios patched together to make MW3 ship on time and you'd have to be an idiot not to be concerned.

Like the rest of the AVS guys who played MW2 and BLOPS night after night for the past 2 years I'll be getting MW3 on the first day as well.
I'm hoping it all works as it should and there aren't any problems.
Haven't posted in the Blops thread in who knows how long...

And you can be a bit of a whiner as well.

Hate to break it to you.
post #1519 of 10486
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanHomsey View Post
Infinitary Ward didn't update MW2 for a multitude of reasons, the main two likely being:
So why didnt they fix mw1 then?
post #1520 of 10486
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammybastard View Post
PJ, you know I usually agree with you but I think you are too easily impressed by a highlight reel that is cut to show only the best of the gameplay.

I watched the 45 min Gamespot stream highlighting the MP mode posted in this thread (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lE5Vq...layer_embedded) and felt a big "meh" afterwards.
Watching someone actually playing the game for a length of time reinforced my concern that this is nothing more than MW2 with new skins, new modes, but the same old map layout and gameplay.

What really turned me off was that the maps. They looked lousy to me.
I really like the complex maps of BLOPS with all of the nooks and dark corners. I also like multiple levels, being able to climb on things, always trying to find the best tactical position because it makes for more dynamic and challenging game play.

The MW3 maps on the 45min Gamespot have all the same layout, just different setting. There's no subtlety or nuance to the design, and that the kind of thing that makes a separates the "great" games from the "meh" games.

Like I've said before I hope I am wrong and it's a great game. I just haven't seen any evidence yet.
You start by saying you are surprised I'm impressed, but then you go on to describe exactly why I'm impressed I loved MW2 and would kill for a reskinned version of it. I also hated the BLOPS maps in comparison. They were A LOT prettier, more attention to detail, etc, but I much prefer the arena style "your side, our side" maps of MW1 and MW2 compared to the "million ways to get there" open design of BLOPS, and I'm glad to hear they are returning. The exact things you don't like about what you're seeing of MW3 are the exact things I'm excited about. That and the (maybe futile) hope/prayer that the perceived lag / hit detection / whatever you want to call it will be more like MW1 and MW2 than BLOPS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrtledog View Post
In all reality, nothing will stop camping because when it comes down to it, some people only care about the number of kills they get. Look at any game that has an objective and you still have people just trying to increase their KDR.

Do we know if dog tags will sit there forever? If not, that kills his whole theory of waiting until the spawn flips. He openly admits he doesn't know some of the game features so I'll take his opinion with a grain of salt.

The team he played in that game was inept. Not a single person using ghost and not a single rocket fired at his air support. Against a good team he is not just camping there and picking off guys as they grab the dog tags. He would be flashed or would get smoked while they grab their teammates tags.
One of the biggest reasons for camping is killstreaks. If they removed the idea of killstreaks entirely, there would be MUCH less camping. Even if they didn't track KDR at all, people would still camp because using the best killstreaks is a lot of fun and very rewarding, and one way to get to them is the "camp." Unfortunately, if you remove killstreaks, you kind of take away the identity of modern COD. But if they really did want to get rid of campers entirely, I think a great try would be to remove all killstreaks and track only win/loss ratio. If that didn't work, perhaps keep killstreaks and KDR tracking, but have persistent UAV always on that you can't hide from. That'd do it for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucwylde23 View Post
Campers don't really bother me. Sure it's annoying to get killed by someone sitting in a corner on the opposite side of the map from the objective but other than that it's a worthless tactic unless you are holding a choke point/objective
I agree buc. Maybe I'm spoiled by the fact that it's really really hard to camp effectively in BLOPS, but I think I've always not been bothered too much by campers. Of course I say "damn camper!" when they kill me from a corner when I walk through the doorway, but I do enjoy going straight back there, flashbanging them to high heaven, and wiping them out. It's very rewarding. It's even more rewarding if they are actually a good camper and give you a run for your money. I love the challenge of trying to clear them out. That and the fact that true-to-form corner campers are not that good. I'd rather play against them than a non-camping pro. They can get frustrating at times, but overall they are not game changers.




Regarding support of MW3... it can only go up from MW1 and MW2. It literally can't be worse. With a new team in place and a lot of talk which seems to elude to them wanting to do a better job supporting their version of the series, I have to say, I have expectations that the support will be a lot better than MW1 or MW2, and IMO will actually exceed BLOPS. Maybe I'm shooting high, but when you're at rock bottom for support, ie MW2, there's only room for improvement. Any less support than MW2 and they seriously risk ruining the series. I'm also still surprised that no one gives MW2 a pass for support because IW imploded. As far as I know, a company that does not exist cannot support a game Maybe Activision should have done something, but I don't know if there is anything practical they could have done in a reasonable timeframe without the developers who were intimately familiar with the code. Hopefully they have learned from that mistake and have a contingency plan in place.
post #1521 of 10486
I will be the guy with the shield climbing in your windows snatchin yo people up.
post #1522 of 10486
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammybastard View Post


HAHAHAHAHAHA!
That's funny coming from you and Sage, a couple of guys who just spent the past year polluting the BLOPS thread with...BITCHING!

Unlike you and Sage I'm not a whiner.
Everyone should have concerns about MW3 because of IW's support of MW2.

Re-read the MW2 thread if you don't believe me
MW2 MP was F@CKED on release.
It took IW 8 weeks to deliver a patch that started to fix the problems.
We still had to deal with hackers and 15th prestige lobbies for 6 months after that. Guess what? That rock you can crawl into on "Fuel" still isn't patched.
That shows you right there how good their attention to detail was when it came to supporting the game.

Add to that the fact that IW is not really IW anymore, with multiple studios patched together to make MW3 ship on time and you'd have to be an idiot not to be concerned.

Like the rest of the AVS guys who played MW2 and BLOPS night after night for the past 2 years I'll be getting MW3 on the first day as well.
I'm hoping it all works as it should and there aren't any problems.

Bastard, you and I disagree on black ops. You see a balanced game, I see a laggy unpolished mess with infuriating balance issues. I came to the blops thread looking for answers from other avs'ers as to the technical deficiencies that I saw in the game. Period. I found those answers elsewhere-- and believe me there are many that share my opinion (just check out 402thunder402's channel).

As I stated before, I destroyed my copy of black ops. I really hope going forward that you won't continue to pick fights with me over a differing opinion on a video game.

I expect to enjoy mw3. Even in it's worst state I still found mw2 to be immensely more fun than black ops in it's best state. At this point IW and sledge would have to really screw the pooch for mw3 NOT to be fun.
post #1523 of 10486
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus82 View Post

So why didnt they fix mw1 then?

What was broken about MW1?
post #1524 of 10486
Quote:
Originally Posted by sage11x View Post

Can I just say: been playing cod4 tonight, mercenary TDM, haven't run into one hacked lobby and I am LOVING IT. Somehow, despite the spawn camping, martyrdom, last stand and frag X3 this game is still way more fun and far less frustrating than Blops or mw2... CoD4 is also the best argument for P2P vs dedicated servers: you can still play p2p games looong after the player base has moved on! And how is cod4 less laggy than blops??? This makes zero sense to me.

Because its the best game ever.

Its simple. Its balanced. Its fun.

Thats all you really need to make a great shooter.
post #1525 of 10486
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucwylde23 View Post

We usually need more than one lobby in blops already so I'm sure mw3 will be similar. We are going to be winning... a lot

Thats what we do mane..
post #1526 of 10486
Quote:
Originally Posted by sage11x View Post

Can I just say: been playing cod4 tonight, mercenary TDM, haven't run into one hacked lobby and I am LOVING IT. Somehow, despite the spawn camping, martyrdom, last stand and frag X3 this game is still way more fun and far less frustrating than Blops or mw2... CoD4 is also the best argument for P2P vs dedicated servers: you can still play p2p games looong after the player base has moved on! And how is cod4 less laggy than blops??? This makes zero sense to me.

What about the spam message that scrolls across the left half of the screen?
post #1527 of 10486
Wow. Guys, it's a game.
post #1528 of 10486
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm_B View Post

Wow. Guys, it's a game.

I'm pretty sure everyone is aware of that.
post #1529 of 10486
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm_B View Post

Wow. Guys, it's a game.

Its beyond a game. Its a:

Savings Account (playing COD instead of going on the weekend has saved me $1000's in bar tabs).
Relationship Builder (staying home to play COD instead of hanging out with the boys makes my woman happy & more secure).
Diet Plan (Its impossible to eat & play COD.. plus who's going to head out for fast food or open the door for the delivery man knocking when your 1 kill away from CG).
Excercise Routine (With only 1 minute between matches.. I have to run full speed to grab a beer AND take a piss inbetween COD matches).
Beauty Consultant (COD does not care how I look, it likes me just the way I am.. I do keep my KDR looking pretty tho)
Wellness Plan (COD has made me better my eyesight & hearing ability, hand-eye coordination, increase my testerone level and definitely cleared my lungs)
Tutor (Since I'm home playing COD, instead of going to school.. I have yet to fail any classes or bring home bad grades)
post #1530 of 10486
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekwan View Post

Its beyond a game. Its a:

Savings Account (playing COD instead of going on the weekend has saved me $1000's in bar tabs).
Relationship Builder (staying home to play COD instead of hanging out with the boys makes my woman happy & more secure).
Diet Plan (Its impossible to eat & play COD.. plus who's going to head out for fast food or open the door for the delivery man knocking when your 1 kill away from CG).
Excercise Routine (With only 1 minute between matches.. I have to run full speed to grab a beer AND take a piss inbetween COD matches).
Beauty Consultant (COD does not care how I look, it likes me just the way I am.. I do keep my KDR looking pretty tho)
Wellness Plan (COD has made me better my eyesight & hearing ability, hand-eye coordination, increase my testerone level and definitely cleared my lungs)
Tutor (Since I'm home playing COD, instead of going to school.. I have yet to fail any classes or bring home bad grades)

Well not all of us can neglect our pigment and vitamin D intake with such reckless disregard unless we want a proper gamers tan.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Xbox Area
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › Xbox Area › Call of Duty:Modern Warfare.......*3*