or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP › Acer H5360BD HDMI 1.4 3D Projector
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Acer H5360BD HDMI 1.4 3D Projector - Page 9

post #241 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikes2cents View Post

Where did you order it from?


Germany.
post #242 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjcritch View Post
Germany.
Oh, OK. Looking forward to your impressions of it. Still not available here just puts the brakes on it for me. Just makes me wonder too much. I am at a loss to figure out why and none of the reasons I can think of make me feel very good. Hope you have success with it.
post #243 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikes2cents View Post
Oh, OK. Looking forward to your impressions of it. Still not available here just puts the brakes on it for me. Just makes me wonder too much. I am at a loss to figure out why and none of the reasons I can think of make me feel very good. Hope you have success with it.
I would be patient for the GT750 release in August. I have the original 5360 and while the 1.4 is a nice upgrade (standalone 3D players, etc) the GT750 with the 3D Vesa port is a big deal for me. I'd prefer to use an IR / Xpand 103's or better yet, the 3D Vision RF transmitter setup.

The Optoma opens up a lot of choices for 3D glasses.
post #244 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie10k View Post
I would be patient for the GT750 release in August. I have the original 5360 and while the 1.4 is a nice upgrade (standalone 3D players, etc) the GT750 with the 3D Vesa port is a big deal for me. I'd prefer to use an IR / Xpand 103's or better yet, the 3D Vision RF transmitter setup.

The Optoma opens up a lot of choices for 3D glasses.
I know what you mean. Additionaly I can set up a 1080p unit from the ceiling and throw the 750 on a coffee table for 3d on the same screen, or take it out back for movie night by the pool. I have pretty much convinced myself to wait for the 750 at this point. Been waiting for the 5360BD so long now I almost don't even care since I really liked the 720 unit for how easy it worked in my man cave. Just put it on a table in front of you and enjoy. Short throw is actually very cool for certain applications. It was also pretty bright too.

I was looking hard at the Sharp 1700 but it is not going to work in the back yard very easily so for convenience I have about decided on two units. Still cheaper too. Go figure.
post #245 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjcritch View Post

Just ordered my H5360BD... Now I just need to buy some glasses. Any recommendations?

with this projector unforunately, you have very little choice, really dlp link glasses are your only option. you could also do some type of emitter with an adapter from 3dmagic.com if using a computer.
post #246 of 383
I don't know if you can get them there, but the ultra-clear dlp link glasses I have are very nice and only $50 US.
post #247 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie10k View Post

I would be patient for the GT750 release in August. I have the original 5360 and while the 1.4 is a nice upgrade (standalone 3D players, etc) the GT750 with the 3D Vesa port is a big deal for me. I'd prefer to use an IR / Xpand 103's or better yet, the 3D Vision RF transmitter setup.

The Optoma opens up a lot of choices for 3D glasses.

I don't have the luxury of waiting until August. The wife is asking me to get a pj for outside so the neighborhood kids can watch movies this summer.

Also, though Optoma makes a good projector, I have been disapointed with their 3D offerings. Namely their apparent adversarial relationship with Nvidia. Not sure what is going on there but this wearing glasses upside down and having to send projectors in for firmware updates turns me off. Maybe the 750 will break the mold...

Either way, I will let you guys know what kind of luck I have with this H5360BD when I get it.

As for glasses, found a pretty good website for comparison:
http://www.johnkalnin.com/3d/3d-shutter-glasses.htm
post #248 of 383
yea, what does that site tell you? pretty much all the DLP glasses suck probably best to go with the ultraclear dlp until there is a better option, at least they are cheap.
post #249 of 383
I have problem playing 3d on this projector with nvidia geforce card 570,not been able to play 3d using powerdvd or Stereoscopic Player,the problem doesn't exist with ati cards,everything goes smooth,I tried the 3dvision hack,but with no luck.
post #250 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech.addict View Post

I have problem playing 3d on this projector with nvidia geforce card 570,not been able to play 3d using powerdvd or Stereoscopic Player,the problem doesn't exist with ati cards,everything goes smooth,I tried the 3dvision hack,but with no luck.

With the BD you may have to use their 3DTV Play software..?
post #251 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjcritch View Post

With the BD you may have to use their 3DTV Play software..?

thx,still the dlp-link glasses not triggered.
post #252 of 383
Did you go through the whole nVidia 3D wizard? Is it just PowerDVD that isn't working?
post #253 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnielsenbb View Post

Did you go through the whole nVidia 3D wizard? Is it just PowerDVD that isn't working?

yes i did,no it's all not working,powredvd+Stereoscopic Player+NVIDIA 3D Vision Video Player.
it's ok all are playing,but no 3d,the xpand 102 not working,unlike ati cards,everything work great.
thx
post #254 of 383
Well, did the 3D show up in the nVidia wizard? Did you update to the latest drivers? I know 3DTV Play isn't on my drivers which aren't real old.
Also did you buy the 3DTV Play driver, or did you get the nVidia 3DVision kit? You need one of those to enable 3D, but I would hope the wizard would have told you that.
http://www.nvidia.com/object/3dtv-play.html
post #255 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjcritch View Post

Germany.

I live in MI as well. Will be interesting to see what the total cost with customs is for you and how long it takes to ship from Germany. I had the H5360 regular ACER and use UltraClears (do search) and Optoma 101 glasses. I have also tried Nvidia Vision but did not like it, so I stick with dlplink. The Optoma are slightly sharper and better contrast but very clunky to wear. I play bluray through PC. I bought a Viewsonic VP3D1 to use with Comcast cable--sidebyside works okay, but top/bottom does not work, so it's only about 50% useful. I think I will ditch it and move up to the H5360BD if that works. I also have a 144" screen so I get a nice IMAX effect. That said, in the first few months of having 3D I watched everything I could, but now that is waining and I only watch a few movies or IMAX specials of interest. Bad 3D (Clash of Titans) or dumb movies in 3D (Drive Angry) are just too tedious to watch.
post #256 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by threed123 View Post

I live in MI as well. Will be interesting to see what the total cost with customs is for you and how long it takes to ship from Germany. I had the H5360 regular ACER and use UltraClears (do search) and Optoma 101 glasses. I have also tried Nvidia Vision but did not like it, so I stick with dlplink. The Optoma are slightly sharper and better contrast but very clunky to wear. I play bluray through PC. I bought a Viewsonic VP3D1 to use with Comcast cable--sidebyside works okay, but top/bottom does not work, so it's only about 50% useful. I think I will ditch it and move up to the H5360BD if that works. I also have a 144" screen so I get a nice IMAX effect. That said, in the first few months of having 3D I watched everything I could, but now that is waining and I only watch a few movies or IMAX specials of interest. Bad 3D (Clash of Titans) or dumb movies in 3D (Drive Angry) are just too tedious to watch.

644.11 Euros which is about $922.04 US dollars. My guess is that this is a little more expensive than it will be when released here in the US.

So do you wish you would have gotten the 3D-XL instead of the VP3D1?

Just realized I will need a new video card to use the 3DTV Play software. No big deal though, EVGA has a great deal on B-stock cards... Ordered a GTX 460 FPB.
post #257 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjcritch View Post

644.11 Euros which is about $922.04 US dollars. My guess is that this is a little more expensive than it will be when released here in the US.

So do you wish you would have gotten the 3D-XL instead of the VP3D1?

Just realized I will need a new video card to use the 3DTV Play software. No big deal though, EVGA has a great deal on B-stock cards... Ordered a GTX 460 FPB.

The BD does not support Nvidia Vision, just dlplink, so you want an AMD/ATI Radeon 5000 or 6000 series card. From what I've read 3DTV Play does not support dlplink--but could be wrong--best to go through the H5360 forum and find out. I did't go for 3D-XL because it's more expensive.
post #258 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by threed123 View Post

The BD does not support Nvidia Vision, just dlplink, so you want an AMD/ATI Radeon 5000 or 6000 series card. From what I've read 3DTV Play does not support dlplink--but could be wrong--best to go through the H5360 forum and find out. I did't go for 3D-XL because it's more expensive.

IIANM the NVidia 3dTVplay supports all 3d formats so DLP link ought to work, but who cares with the 5360BD anyway since you can connect it to any 3d source? This unit is still not available here and quite frankly I am looking forward to the GT750 now. Smart money says to wait. Yes, every month Acer waits, they are losing money. Optoma is going to put it on them let alone the others who will present units soon. There has to be a reason this unit is not selling in the US. None of those reasons can be good at this point.
post #259 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnielsenbb View Post

Well, did the 3D show up in the nVidia wizard? Did you update to the latest drivers? I know 3DTV Play isn't on my drivers which aren't real old.
Also did you buy the 3DTV Play driver, or did you get the nVidia 3DVision kit? You need one of those to enable 3D, but I would hope the wizard would have told you that.
http://www.nvidia.com/object/3dtv-play.html

yes,the 3d showed up in the setup wizard,and yes i got the most up to-date drivers,and yes i bought the 3dtv drivers,still no go.
thx
post #260 of 383
AFAIK, with this projector, you can just use powerdvd, windvd, TMT5, and out put the 3d, they already have the drivers, you shouldn't need the 3dtv play unless you doing games and such.
post #261 of 383
I think nividia disables dlp link so you have to buy the emitter and glasses,try the emitter spoofer.
post #262 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by eat meat View Post

I think nividia disables dlp link so you have to buy the emitter and glasses,try the emitter spoofer.

wouldn't make sense since 3dtv play is meant to use existing glasses and not nvidia glasses.
post #263 of 383
"yes,the 3d showed up in the setup wizard,and yes i got the most up to-date drivers,and yes i bought the 3dtv drivers,still no go.
thx"
ok, Fire up powerdvd. Make sure it is fullscreen. 3D only works fullscreen.
Then hit the nVidia 3D hotkey (CTRL-T) by default I believe.
Then in PowerDVD the is a little 3D icon down on the bar you need to click too.
Then you should be good.
post #264 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by robl45 View Post

wouldn't make sense since 3dtv play is meant to use existing glasses and not nvidia glasses.

Yes, 3DTV Play doesn't disable anything. The issue is to enable 3D you need the 3DVision kit with the emitter plugged in (you can put it behind a couch or whatever and sell your glasses on ebay,) or you need to buy the driver. If you buy the driver you don't need the emitter or nVidia glasses. nVidia just wants to make sure they get your money, like buying their video cards wasn't enough.
post #265 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnielsenbb View Post

"yes,the 3d showed up in the setup wizard,and yes i got the most up to-date drivers,and yes i bought the 3dtv drivers,still no go.
thx"
ok, Fire up powerdvd. Make sure it is fullscreen. 3D only works fullscreen.
Then hit the nVidia 3D hotkey (CTRL-T) by default I believe.
Then in PowerDVD the is a little 3D icon down on the bar you need to click too.
Then you should be good.

I did it all,it start's playing in full screen, but no 3d,the xpand102 not working,the screening isn't 3d too, installed the ati,amazing 3d again.
post #266 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by eat meat View Post

I think nividia disables dlp link so you have to buy the emitter and glasses,try the emitter spoofer.

I didnt mention 3dtv play-a link to the emitter emulator is some where on this site
post #267 of 383
post #268 of 383
post #269 of 383
I never got that emulator to work for me and I tried every driver nvidia had for my GTX460. I returned the GT720 because of this and the fact that I was just going to wait for a standalone HDMI1.4 unit. My wait will soon be over it seems. And without spending more on nvidia for it.
post #270 of 383
Hello,

I used to use and AMD 6870 going through an Integra DTR-30.3 Receiver, then to the VIP Theater, then to an HDMI splitter going to an LCD TV or the ACER (dropdown screen). AMD jacked their drivers and I was getting eye swapping in 3D every 5 minutes. I moved on to a an Nvidia 560ti and use the usb emitter driver emulator with no problems. I start the emulator (ran the test to set everything up) then I can use Arcsoft TMT 5 and play blu ray in 720p 3D (make sure you have 3D toggled on or turn it on by default in the nvidia control panel options). I can also game the entire time. An easy way to check to make sure it is outputing proper signal, is that when 3D is enabled, my desktop was always running at 720p 120hz. Games and everything work fine. I only have to swap the eyes during the start of content that starts on a different eye. Other than that no problems. I use DLP Link glasses from Ultra Clear.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP › Acer H5360BD HDMI 1.4 3D Projector