or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP › Acer H5360BD HDMI 1.4 3D Projector
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Acer H5360BD HDMI 1.4 3D Projector - Page 13

post #361 of 383
I have the Acer 5360 non BD but am looking for a solution that will allow better eye sync than I am getting with my current Acer. I am using DLP Link and I am continually having to use the menu to Invert the image due to pseudostereo effects.

AFAIK it is impossible for Acer 5360 with HDMI 1.3 to accurately keep track of which eye the image is transmitting to. I have heard the Acer 5360BD is HDMI 1.4 and that this should allow the pj to accurately assign eye sync using DLPLink.

If this is true I may order one from overseas and have it shipped to me. I'm also interested in other ways to watch 3D in proper sync.

Thanks!
post #362 of 383
I don't think you will get any improvement by getting the 1.4 version projector. This is unfortunately the down side to DLP link.
post #363 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by billqs View Post

I have heard the Acer 5360BD is HDMI 1.4 and that this should allow the pj to accurately assign eye sync using DLPLink.

Unfortunately it doesn't. I have the 5360BD and I still have to keep the remote handy when starting up 3D to fix the sync.
post #364 of 383
I use a samsung compatible ir emitter for my acer 5360/Optoma 3DXL. It plugs into the 3DXL and I sold my dlp link glasses and bought all Samsung Compatible. It never loses sync and works awesome. The only downside is the remote requires more presses due to ir interference. On the plus side I only need to turn it on and off now, instead of messing with the sync.
post #365 of 383
I'm planning on getting this. What glasses are needed for this for me to be able to view 3D content? 3D input source will be an Xbox 360 and PS3.
post #366 of 383
Just mounted the acer last night. It is my first DLP, I have had a few LCD projs, the Z5 being my last. I am very impressed; wow is this thing bright; even in eco mode with a 135 inch screen. For about 1/3 of what I paid for my Z5, this things throws a shockingly good picture out of the box.

My only significant complaint is about HDMI. I have a fireball and a few CX777ES jukeboxes connected to it. When I switch from the fireball's menu to play the dvd, the proj displays a "processing HDMI" screen for a second or two. I wish there was a way to get rid of this. This never happened on my Z5.
post #367 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by SymphonyX7 View Post

What glasses are needed for this for me to be able to view 3D content?

Any brand of DLP-link glasses will work. RF or IR glasses are not an option, this projector is DLP-link only. Works great though.
post #368 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airion View Post

Any brand of DLP-link glasses will work. RF or IR glasses are not an option, this projector is DLP-link only. Works great though.

Thanks for the info. Any particular brand you can recommend me? Just nothing over $100 per glasses. lol
post #369 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by SymphonyX7 View Post


Thanks for the info. Any particular brand you can recommend me? Just nothing over $100 per glasses. lol

I would look into the True Depth rechargeable glasses. Under $100 and solid reviews.
post #370 of 383
Thread Starter 
I like the Viewsonic PDG-150 DLP glasses. They are the only ones with a built in Invert switch. Have 2 pair for over a year and they are fine. A little on the heavy side but the Invert switch more than makes up for it. My granny glasses fit inside them.
post #371 of 383
@ Sailn:

Have you tried locking the HDMI source in the Acer's menu? Not sure this will solve your problem -- as it sounds like the Acer is just losing the sync momentarily -- but worth a try.
post #372 of 383
Hi all,

Im new to the 3D tech.
Im looking to buy this PJ i have a few questions after reading the thread.

Will i be able to game in 3d with a NVIDIA card with 3d vision, using DLP link glasses?

What glasses do you recommend?

Cheers
post #373 of 383
yes, but you will need to use 3DTV Play mode. You will have to pay for the driver, or buy the nVidia kit, which is a lot more.
I had previously bought the kit so just need the nVidia emitter plugged in. I have it hidden behind the computer, as it isn't used.
If you are talking about the Acer H5360 NON BD then you need the kit or an Optoma 3DXL.
post #374 of 383
Hi,
Please help.
Will Benq glasses
(BenQ_5J_J0T14_011_Active_Shutter_3D_Glasses) work with this pj and are there any differences in pic quality between them and Acer model ?
post #375 of 383
I was wondering if you can get a convertor for the projector to accept ir glasses like you can with the xdl box thing. I already have samsung glasses sop would be good to use them.
post #376 of 383
Hi everyone the acer h5360bd is my 1st projector, I'm using it with my ps3 with games and blurays and its been a great little projector and i love it so far. But I'm constantly adjusting the settings especially when watching movies and i think its annoying the wife lol. I decided to order digital video essentials along with the eye one display 2 and try the grayscale for dummies guide. DVE arrived today and i've been messing for hours and cant get the colours adjusted properly using the 3 filters, The only colour setting the projector has is 3 seperate R,G,b slider bars i can change the B bar to 64 and the blue looks perfect but i cant get close with the red and green. Has anyone tried calibrating this projector i;m getting worried that its not got enough setting to adjust on it.
post #377 of 383
Hi,
I recently got the ACER H5360BD 3D DLP video projector and I must say the quality is awesome. It is one of the best machine ever to watch 3D movies and turn your home into a real movie-theater, where you can enjoy better than cinema experience. I am very satisfied with this product, but just trying to find out clarifications on couple of things. First of all I am having a bit of issue on displaying subtitles of 3D movies in HSBS format. For most of the movies it is not displayed at all and for few it is being displayed in distorted half-screen format. Any clue how to display the subtitles in 3D movies when playing from BluRay player via HDMI through the projector?
Also I have mounted this projector on the wall opposite to the screen but the height of its rack has become a bit higher (around 4 ft from ground). As a result, the image being projected at a higher elevation on the screen. Unfortunately I can't find the V.Position setting when playing movies connected with BluRay player (HDMI) as it only appears for PC (VGA). So I can't even move the vertical position of the image. There is a manual screw present on the front and back of the projector but it can only help to lift the elevation of the projector and its image. There is nothing to lower it below the normal horizontal level. I think it'll be very helpful if Acer can add adjusting the V.Position of the image in HDMI mode as well in next firmware upgrade.
Thanks,
Dipankar
post #378 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddydip View Post

Hi,

Also I have mounted this projector on the wall opposite to the screen but the height of its rack has become a bit higher (around 4 ft from ground). As a result, the image being projected at a higher elevation on the screen. Unfortunately I can't find the V.Position setting when playing movies connected with BluRay player (HDMI) as it only appears for PC (VGA). So I can't even move the vertical position of the image. There is a manual screw present on the front and back of the projector but it can only help to lift the elevation of the projector and its image. There is nothing to lower it below the normal horizontal level. I think it'll be very helpful if Acer can add adjusting the V.Position of the image in HDMI mode as well in next firmware upgrade.
Thanks,
Dipankar

There is no lens shift on 5360bd. You can tilt the projector and adjust the keystone.
post #379 of 383
Someone help me out here, I'm having trouble just finding places that sell the OEM lamp. I don't want some crap MWave, etc... Is this the correct one?

http://www.amazon.com/Acer-EC-K0700-001-200W-P-VIP-Projector/dp/B00392CI2Y

Any other sources? Also found what appears to be the same one on BH for more money,

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/895963-REG/Acer_EC_K0700_001_REPL_LAMP_f_H5360.html
post #380 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by talon95 View Post

Someone help me out here, I'm having trouble just finding places that sell the OEM lamp. I don't want some crap MWave, etc... Is this the correct one?
http://www.amazon.com/Acer-EC-K0700-001-200W-P-VIP-Projector/dp/B00392CI2Y
Any other sources? Also found what appears to be the same one on BH for more money,
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/895963-REG/Acer_EC_K0700_001_REPL_LAMP_f_H5360.html

Bump, anybody??
post #381 of 383
I've joined here cause you chaps seem to know what your talking about
I have an acer h5360bd dlp link glasses and a ps3.when I watch 3d content through playstation store it is fine,but when I watch a 3d blu ray through the ps3 it only plays black and white (although its in 3d) can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong ?
post #382 of 383
I was wondering if you can help me.

Ive been looking for 3 projectors for a 3d vision surround setup but i can not find any that are in stock or still being made (acer h5360 original & optoma gt720). All the new projectors appear to be going 3dtv play instead and i dont think that works in surround mode and i think they run at 24 fps per second instead of the 120/60fps with 3d vision.

i was even looking at the aaxa 3d led showtime and thought maybe i can hack it to work with 3d vision. what is your advise. all i want is 3 projectors running in 3d surround.
post #383 of 383
Hi guys! Newbie to 3d and projector. I just recieved my h5360bd without 3d glass but i have a 3d glass from my acer monitor hs244hq. Can i use this 3d glass to watch 3d on my pc? I have nvidia video card running on my pc nvidia 3dtv play installed on it. What settings or software do i need to watch movie on my pc. Thank you so much!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP › Acer H5360BD HDMI 1.4 3D Projector