or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Sony HX929 Owner's thread (46HX929, 55HX929, 65HX929) No Price Talk
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Sony HX929 Owner's thread (46HX929, 55HX929, 65HX929) No Price Talk - Page 503

post #15061 of 15539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Browninggold View Post

I just turned 50 so it took me 25 yrs of upgrading and 20K later. I'm done..with the audio part anyways. There will be a couple more flat panels or pj purchases..good lord willing smile.gif

Add me into this club, recently turned 51, about to start moving to Raleigh, NC from Texas, working on calibrations, and about to, good lord willing, have to add a great deal of A/v & calibration equipment. Now all I need to find is a good sized money tree to shake not stir, wink.gif
post #15062 of 15539
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbaudoin View Post

Add me into this club, recently turned 51, about to start moving to Raleigh, NC from Texas, working on calibrations, and about to, good lord willing, have to add a great deal of A/v & calibration equipment. Now all I need to find is a good sized money tree to shake not stir, wink.gif

Your older than me smile.gif I won't be 51 until June. Good luck and keep trusting God and you will be alright with your move. If you hit a couple rough spots take a shot of WoodFord Reserves. Boy that stuff burns. Took me a good hour to sip just a little bit. If you find that money tree let me know. I need a extra 100K for everything I have planned. Sounds like you may be a Martini person though instead of Bourbon.
post #15063 of 15539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Browninggold View Post

Your older than me smile.gif I won't be 51 until June. Good luck and keep trusting God and you will be alright with your move. If you hit a couple rough spots take a shot of WoodFord Reserves. Boy that stuff burns. Took me a good hour to sip just a little bit. If you find that money tree let me know. I need a extra 100K for everything I have planned. Sounds like you may be a Martini person though instead of Bourbon.

Yea, I hit it in November, rub it in.... lol... Na, not a martini guy, just a smart butt with a long history of training & experience under my belt (as one). I know Woodford well, though I had to look at the bottle online to remember it though. Alas, it has been a while.... Have a great weekend...
post #15064 of 15539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Browninggold View Post

Your older than me smile.gif I won't be 51 until June. Good luck and keep trusting God and you will be alright with your move. If you hit a couple rough spots take a shot of WoodFord Reserves. Boy that stuff burns. Took me a good hour to sip just a little bit. If you find that money tree let me know. I need a extra 100K for everything I have planned. Sounds like you may be a Martini person though instead of Bourbon.

I'll be 70(June) and I ain't done spending on new toys .........yet !
getting ready for a weekend with the new Eagles farewell tour BluRay
Edited by IMRIZZO - 3/1/13 at 6:06am
post #15065 of 15539
My open box 929 did not have the video/component dongle. Anyone know where I can get one?
post #15066 of 15539
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkcohen View Post

My open box 929 did not have the video/component dongle. Anyone know where I can get one?

They used to be available for Sony's site I believe they were 52.00 I have one (unopened part) PM if your interested 25.00 postage included.
post #15067 of 15539
Quote:
Originally Posted by chi_guy50 View Post

.. And speaking of value for the dollar:

I have the choice of buying either an "open box" 55HX929 with full Sony warranty from a reputable e-tailer for $2000 OR a used 55HX729 in excellent condition (less than 1500 panel hours with no anomalies) from a private seller for about $1000. I will use it primarily for cable TV (via TiVo) and DVD/BR movies in 2D only (I have no interest in 3D for now) and will be upgrading from a 46XBR5.

Do any of you have any thoughts on the pros and cons and relative value of these two alternatives? I'm intimately familiar with the characteristics of both models and am just looking for subjective opinions. TIA for your feedback.

Well, I went ahead and ordered the XBR-55HX929 from newegg. Final price delivered is $1930, and I have a 30-day free return window with no restocking fee so I can give it a thorough check-out before deciding whether to keep it. I am told it was a customer return with no known defects, but I will do my due diligence once it arrives.

The used 55HX729 sold on eBay for $940 shipped (including one set of Sony 250 3D glasses). I would have jumped on this one for under 1K if it had been new; but with about 1400 hours on the panel I think it was not as good a potential deal as the like-new HX929 for under 2K w/full mfr warranty.

Besides, my past three TV's have been XBR's and I hated the thought of leaving this line.

Thanks again, cmay and rizzo, for your input; it's much appreciated. I'll provide feedback on my experience once I've got the set up and running. And I'm sure I'll be asking rizzo for his settings at that point, if he's willing to share them with me. Ciao!
post #15068 of 15539
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMRIZZO View Post

I'll be 70(June) and I ain't done spending on new toys .........yet !
getting ready for a weekend with the new Eagles farewell tour BluRay

Eagles excellent group. The 70s were the best. What no Justin Beiber for you?
post #15069 of 15539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Browninggold View Post

Eagles excellent group. The 70s were the best. What no Justin Beiber for you?

eeeer, bite your tongue, no kiddie bi-sexual videos for me.
Led Zepplin is due here Tues. that's next.
post #15070 of 15539
3D Glasses again. I was in next biggest city near mine (Newmarket for those in Ontario). They have a Sony Store there while the one in Barrie was shut down.

Just FYI for those in Canada (and maybe in America too). They have the PS3 3D glasses on clearance for $20 each. These are regularly $70 in Canada. I was on the hunt for another pair of 750s but it seems like stock has dried up in Canada. That's a smokin' deal for the PS3 glasses and good for stocking up on if you have a large family or lots a guests for 3D media content.
post #15071 of 15539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datacide View Post

3D Glasses again. I was in next biggest city near mine (Newmarket for those in Ontario). They have a Sony Store there while the one in Barrie was shut down.

Just FYI for those in Canada (and maybe in America too). They have the PS3 3D glasses on clearance for $20 each. These are regularly $70 in Canada. I was on the hunt for another pair of 750s but it seems like stock has dried up in Canada. That's a smokin' deal for the PS3 glasses and good for stocking up on if you have a large family or lots a guests for 3D media content.

Does that mean will see a new model of 3D glasses that will be backwards compatible with the release of the W900A or will they just repackage 250s or 750s with the set?
post #15072 of 15539
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmay91472 View Post

Does that mean will see a new model of 3D glasses that will be backwards compatible with the release of the W900A or will they just repackage 250s or 750s with the set?

No idea. The folks at Sony support didn't have any info for me, nor did the guys at the Sony store. I presume we'll see new glasses since the 750s are dried up here, the 250s are all on "backorder" and the PS3 glasses are on clearance. I've actually stopped looking for 750s based on this logic. Like you said, maybe they'll just repacked one of the other models.

Maybe we'll hear something at E3.
post #15073 of 15539
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkcohen View Post

My open box 929 did not have the video/component dongle. Anyone know where I can get one?

I have an extra that I'll let go for $20 shipped. Please contact me if interested, (269) 828-798. I'm a reputable seller...

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=stevedensmore
post #15074 of 15539
Quote:
Originally Posted by fLiPdAtwAy View Post

Is that common in the 929?

Make sure the color and saturation uniformity is good too. I don't know whether or not it's common for this model, but it's garbage on mine.
post #15075 of 15539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawad View Post

I am using my 55HX929 in Game Scene mode.

The PS3 is connected to my Denon AVR-1911, my receiver then outputs it to the TV.

It's not noticeable until you play FPS games. I have no problems with need for speed or nba 2k13.
FPS games are all about timing.

This could also be your internet connection (lag). I've noticed the same problem on not only my HX929, but also two other friends' televisions; one is plasma, and the other rear-projection. I personally think it's a flaw in Black Ops 2; there are lots of times where I'll fire off 2-3 shots before dying, but on their kill cam it shows that I didn't shoot at all.
post #15076 of 15539
post #15077 of 15539
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMRIZZO View Post


Everyone is having too much fun to post. smile.gif

(sorry, iPhone 5 in a completely dark room aside from the TV doesn't work too well for pictures)
post #15078 of 15539
I can't wit til the new Oz movie is released in blu it is supposed to be pure Disney eye candy.
post #15079 of 15539
Oz should be a great one. The wife and I am definitely watching on our system. The Ultimate Chick Flick..Two Women trying to kill each other over a pair of shoes biggrin.gif
post #15080 of 15539
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMRIZZO View Post

Led Zepplin is due here Tues. that's next.


Another one you might check out if you have not seen it, is Paul McCartney "US" Tour. I watched the BD surround sound version of that the other night and I must admit it was great!!
Frankly, it was so good, I'm sorry I did not check that out in person when they were touring...........

If you are in the time frame I think, ......... you still remember the Beatles???? smile.gif

Best Regards,

GPHVIDEO
post #15081 of 15539
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPHVIDEO View Post

Another one you might check out if you have not seen it, is Paul McCartney "US" Tour. I watched the BD surround sound version of that the other night and I must admit it was great!!
Frankly, it was so good, I'm sorry I did not check that out in person when they were touring...........

If you are in the time frame I think, ......... you still remember the Beatles???? smile.gif

Best Regards,

GPHVIDEO

Are you referring to
Paul McCartney: Back in the U.S
or:
Paul McCartney - The Space Within US .....?
post #15082 of 15539
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMRIZZO View Post

Are you referring to
Paul McCartney: Back in the U.S
or:
Paul McCartney - The Space Within US .....?



We'll, shows how much I know. I didn't know there were more. I'll look tonight and report back.

I do know this is the Tour that he traveled around the US and it was about 2006 I believe from what I remembered. Must have been the "Space Within US" as it had a segment with the Space Station.

In any event, I'll report back. It was well worth seeing and the sound quality made you feel like it was live.

GPHVIDEO
post #15083 of 15539
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPHVIDEO View Post

We'll, shows how much I know. I didn't know there were more. I'll look tonight and report back.

I do know this is the Tour that he traveled around the US and it was about 2006 I believe from what I remembered. Must have been the "Space Within US" as it had a segment with the Space Station.

In any event, I'll report back. It was well worth seeing and the sound quality made you feel like it was live.

GPHVIDEO
I heard that one sound was good but the video was not that good and too much audience scanning . I'm sure that he and his band will release a blu in the near future
I have Back in the US (2002) DvD and the music is excellent I just wish they'd release it in blu.
Edited by IMRIZZO - 3/8/13 at 11:32am
post #15084 of 15539
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMRIZZO View Post

I heard that one sound was good but the video was not that good and too much audience scanning . I'm sure that he and his band will release a blu in the near future
I have Back in the US (2002) DvD and the music is excellent I just wish they'd release it in blu.


Yes, they did scan the audience for sure, but in order to get the total effect of the "live performance" it wasn't all that bad. It is most definitely blu ray though.

I'll see if I can find the exact title. I must say I did enjoy the performance. Apparently, they dropped some serious dollars on that stage set.........amazing.

GPHVIDEO
post #15085 of 15539
waiting for my DarbeeVision Darblet - HDMI Video Processor DVP5000 hopefully Wed 13th hard to believe anything can boost the 929's PQ
post #15086 of 15539
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMRIZZO View Post

waiting for my DarbeeVision Darblet - HDMI Video Processor DVP5000 hopefully Wed 13th hard to believe anything can boost the 929's PQ

Rizz, looking forward to hearing your opinions on the Darblet once it arrives. Have heard varying opinions as to if our tvs will benefit or not from it and have held off in it up to this point.
post #15087 of 15539
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmay91472 View Post

Rizz, looking forward to hearing your opinions on the Darblet once it arrives. Have heard varying opinions as to if our tvs will benefit or not from it and have held off in it up to this point.

I'm just researching where (in-line) to hook it up pre AVR or, pre-display ?
post #15088 of 15539
I've got mine pre-display Rizz.
post #15089 of 15539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Ross View Post

I've got mine pre-display Rizz.
That's what I was thinking, how do you like it and what rate do you run it at ?
post #15090 of 15539
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMRIZZO View Post

Are you referring to
Paul McCartney: Back in the U.S
or:
Paul McCartney - The Space Within US .....?


Yep, it was The Space Within US.............. More often refered to as the "US Tour".

Check it out if you get a chance, it is McCartney at his best I think. Sound and video were quite good.

Best Regards,

GPHVIDEO
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Sony HX929 Owner's thread (46HX929, 55HX929, 65HX929) No Price Talk