Originally Posted by digitalart
Hey guys! I've been enjoying my 55HX929 for just over a year but today I turned on the TV and noticed the picture was slightly dim. I did not touch any of my picture settings and they are all exactly as I have them written down. I don't know what happened. It almost seems like the settings were changed to cinema from general. That's the best I can describe it. Has anyone every experienced anything like this? Before I try a reset to factory settings and see if it helps I would like to get your feedback on this. Thanks.
It's going to be hard to troubleshoot based just on the limited information you've provided so far, but here are some initial points to consider:
1. Before you do a factory reset or fiddle with any of the set's adjustments, are you sure that you trust what your eyes are telling you? Do others in your household see a similar difference in the picture uninfluenced by your impressions?
1. Has the ambient lighting in the room changed?
2. Does the picture still seem dim to you regardless of input and time of day?
3. Have you verified the Scene Select setting? Does changing this setting improve the brightness?
4. Have you checked the Setting Memory to verify whether it is on Common or Current Input ?
5. You say that you checked your picture settings, but have you also verified which settings are in use (Standard/Custom/Vivid) when the picture seems dim?
6. If the dimness is not due to any of the above, try recalibrating your Picture Adjustments to obtain the result most pleasing to you (but do rely on a calibration disk such as the Spears & Munsil HD Benchmark
to fine-tune your adjustments).