Originally Posted by TitusTroy
what were your reasons for going with the HX929 over the VT30?...I'm also considering those 2 but can't seem to decide
The list was longish and I'm tired so hopefully I can recall all the reasons
- there are several people reporting handshake issues bt the Panny vt25 and the Onkyo 3/5008 receivers; I have the 5008 so that had me concerned
- I love the PQ of the vt25 but am concerned about the rising/floating blacks; even if improved on the vt30 we won't know for a long time whether it's truly licked
- daytime viewing = need brighter set
- I am hypnotized by the pop of LCD colors
- hx909 pro reviews and user reports mostly fantastic; saw a smaller 909 (the 46") and was very impressed
- didn't mind the wait
- free shipping and no tax from Abt makes the price diff not bad even though the Sony is definitely more
- I think that was about everything. Can't imagine going wrong with either
Originally Posted by JamE55
Crutfield is doing a pre-order on this unit for $5,398. Anybody here placed a pre-order yet?
I remember when the XBR8 first came out. Price was around $6k+ and it was only a 55". Now you can get a bigger screen for a little less money.
Abt is cheaper. I have a 65 pre-ordered from them for 4880.