or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Players › Official Panasonic DMP-BDT110/210/310 Owners Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Panasonic DMP-BDT110/210/310 Owners Thread - Page 176

post #5251 of 8458
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullerms View Post

Yeah I know that and that's why I asked current owners some specific questions . You have any answers?

it does nto stream movies from your PC, i use my smart TV, to do the streaming, only reason i bought this is due to the avatar 3d blu ray movie that i sold for $130 in amazon.

if you want straming movies from your PC go with an LG it does plex media server with your pc which is awesome, i am lucky enough to have bought the lg TV.

hope this helps
post #5252 of 8458
Quote:
Originally Posted by crx187 View Post

First time poster, looking for some help...

I bought a DMP-BDT210 last week and have been able to watch 3 movies on it so far. While watching the 3 Blu-Ray movies, the speed of play got progressively quicker at random points. The scene is sped up and voices are accelerated. If I pause the film and hit play it corrects the issue.

I sent an email to Panasonic Customer Service and was told that I needed use a 1GB or greater SD card with the player to ensure optimal playback for blu ray discs that have interactive content.

To my surprise I have not seen any other posts on this topic. I would think if this was a common corrective action that I could find someone else posting the same issue.

Has anyone else experienced this? I have no problem buying an SD card, but want to make sure it is not something faulty with the player. It has the latest firmware installed and is connected to my wired home network.

I appreciate your help!

No SD card won't affect the playback speed.

What you described could be caused by you accidentally hit the FFW button. The player does have a feature that it can speed up the playback and still let you hear audio if you hit FFW once during the playback. You should see the icon on top right corner of the screen during FFW playback. If you didn't hit the remote button, it means that player is defective. You need to exchage the unit.
post #5253 of 8458
Quote:
Originally Posted by upstate-avfan-da View Post

Anyone notice amazon removed the avatar 3d disc listings? Of course as soon as I finally got mine and listed it.

Noticed this as well. Interesting... wonder why.

Prices had been going up and up the last few weeks, they were up to around $120 I think.
post #5254 of 8458
Does anyone think Panasonic will ever fix the black screen flicker on Netflix streaming? Are they even aware this is a problem?

I have 2 of these and love both of them, particularly because they have Amazon Instant Video. But I do wish they would correct the flicker problem one of these days.
post #5255 of 8458
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Cinema View Post

Does anyone think Panasonic will ever fix the black screen flicker on Netflix streaming? Are they even aware this is a problem?

I have 2 of these and love both of them, particularly because they have Amazon Instant Video. But I do wish they would correct the flicker problem one of these days.

If there is any software fix for this, we should have seen it by now. Yes, Panasonic is well aware of it. So, take this as a sign that it is a hardware limitation and probably won't be fixed until next year's model which is soon.
post #5256 of 8458
Quote:
Originally Posted by naughtyca View Post

it does nto stream movies from your PC, i use my smart TV, to do the streaming, only reason i bought this is due to the avatar 3d blu ray movie that i sold for $130 in amazon.

if you want straming movies from your PC go with an LG it does plex media server with your pc which is awesome, i am lucky enough to have bought the lg TV.

hope this helps

No wifi on 110 but surely if setup correcty on the server and client end via ethernet it will do exactly what other users are able to do.
post #5257 of 8458
Quote:
Originally Posted by ak3883 View Post

Noticed this as well. Interesting... wonder why.

Prices had been going up and up the last few weeks, they were up to around $120 I think.

Because technically they are not for resale. Panasonic probably finally said something to them.

S~
post #5258 of 8458
Quote:
Originally Posted by crx187 View Post

First time poster, looking for some help...

I bought a DMP-BDT210 last week and have been able to watch 3 movies on it so far. While watching the 3 Blu-Ray movies, the speed of play got progressively quicker at random points. The scene is sped up and voices are accelerated. If I pause the film and hit play it corrects the issue.

I sent an email to Panasonic Customer Service and was told that I needed use a 1GB or greater SD card with the player to ensure optimal playback for blu ray discs that have interactive content.

To my surprise I have not seen any other posts on this topic. I would think if this was a common corrective action that I could find someone else posting the same issue.

Has anyone else experienced this? I have no problem buying an SD card, but want to make sure it is not something faulty with the player. It has the latest firmware installed and is connected to my wired home network.

I appreciate your help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat121 View Post

No SD card won't affect the playback speed.

What you described could be caused by you accidentally hit the FFW button. The player does have a feature that it can speed up the playback and still let you hear audio if you hit FFW once during the playback. You should see the icon on top right corner of the screen during FFW playback. If you didn't hit the remote button, it means that player is defective. You need to exchage the unit.

Foxbat nailed it. I think even an accidental extra press of PLAY will go to 1.3x speed. This is almost certainly what happened. Panasonic support once again shows their ignorance since this has been a feature on nearly all their players for many years, 10 at least.
post #5259 of 8458
Quote:
Originally Posted by ak3883 View Post

Noticed this as well. Interesting... wonder why.

Prices had been going up and up the last few weeks, they were up to around $120 I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teachsac View Post

Because technically they are not for resale. Panasonic probably finally said something to them.

S~

There's a boatload of them still for sale on eBay.
post #5260 of 8458
Quote:
Originally Posted by teachsac View Post

Because technically they are not for resale. Panasonic probably finally said something to them.

S~

But "not for resale" usually just means retailers can't resell them. Individual end users should be able to trade just about anything between themselves.
post #5261 of 8458
Quote:
Originally Posted by L David Matheny View Post

But "not for resale" usually just means retailers can't resell them. Individual end users should be able to trade just about anything between themselves.

Absolutely true.. Everything I've ever learned about business says 'not for resale' implies wholesale buying and reselling via state controlled resale license...Amazon dumb dumb dumb. Ebay understands this kinda stuff though.
post #5262 of 8458
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat121 View Post

If there is any software fix for this, we should have seen it by now. Yes, Panasonic is well aware of it. So, take this as a sign that it is a hardware limitation and probably won't be fixed until next year's model which is soon.

Don't they test these models before shipping them out? I'm surprised no one at Panasonic noticed the flickering early on. Were 2010 models affected?
post #5263 of 8458
Hello,

I recently purchased the 110 model, I played a few YouTube videos and it seems that there is no buffering with the Viera Cast. I don't like the fact that you can forward through the video. Is there buffering for Netflix and the other video streaming services?

Thanks,
post #5264 of 8458
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonline View Post

Hello,

I recently purchased the 110 model, I played a few YouTube videos and it seems that there is no buffering with the Viera Cast. I don't like the fact that you can forward through the video. Is there buffering for Netflix and the other video streaming services?

Thanks,

There is on Hulu Plus.
post #5265 of 8458
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Cinema View Post

Don't they test these models before shipping them out? I'm surprised no one at Panasonic noticed the flickering early on. Were 2010 models affected?

They've known about it for at least 9 months. In that time we've gotten several firmware updates. I can only assume they don't consider it an issue or can't fix it. The 2010 models have never flickered.
post #5266 of 8458
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonline View Post

Hello,

I recently purchased the 110 model, I played a few YouTube videos and it seems that there is no buffering with the Viera Cast. I don't like the fact that you can forward through the video. Is there buffering for Netflix and the other video streaming services?

Thanks,

You'd rather ask us than actually watch netflix
post #5267 of 8458
I've been a new owner of BDT310 and so far very pleased. I've been using "Fat PS3" for awhile, but this unit will be my primary BD player.

The loading time is very quick and everything seems great. I thought PS3 as a BD player worked fine,except I had to use PCM setting. Now I can finally let my AVR do the work. I can see and hear some difference, however it's not a huge difference in AQ or VQ. I think there's slightly more improvement in AQ than PQ.

Question: For BD-Live, it requires SD card. Is there any advantage to use Faster speed SDHC card with 4GB or more, or any 2GB SD card will do?

Thanks in advance for replies and feedback.
post #5268 of 8458
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Cinema View Post

Don't they test these models before shipping them out? I'm surprised no one at Panasonic noticed the flickering early on. Were 2010 models affected?

The last few year models from Panasonic have all had problems.
post #5269 of 8458
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim McC View Post

The last few year models from Panasonic have all had problems.

Not flickering.
post #5270 of 8458
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVMAN777 View Post

I've been a new owner of BDT310 and so far very pleased. I've been using "Fat PS3" for awhile, but this unit will be my primary BD player.

The loading time is very quick and everything seems great. I thought PS3 as a BD player worked fine,except I had to use PCM setting. Now I can finally let my AVR do the work. I can see and hear some difference, however it's not a huge difference in AQ or VQ. I think there's slightly more improvement in AQ than PQ.

Question: For BD-Live, it requires SD card. Is there any advantage to use Faster speed SDHC card with 4GB or more, or any 2GB SD card will do?

Thanks in advance for replies and feedback.

Speed doesn't seem to matter and it only requires 1 gig of free space. Either buy the cheapest SD card you can find but also check and see if you already use an SD card, in a camera, phone, or GPS and want to upgrade that and then use the old SD card in the BDT310.
post #5271 of 8458
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfavinsk View Post

Hello all. I've been reading through the thousands of posts on this thread, and I seem to have a new MKV streaming problem.

I just got a BDT-210 and set up a windows network share. The BDT-210 sees the share, and the MKV files are selectable. However, when I select a file to play, the BDT-210 just sits there and does nothing. No error message or anything. I can't scroll around the screen any more, and the only way to get out is to hit the home button.

According to the network monitor on my server, no data is being sent, so it's not like the BDT-210 is buffering data. It just freezes when I select a file. I've tried this on numerous files of various sizes and resolutions. Same thing every time.

I updated to latest factory firmware - I believe it's 1.70.

Any ideas or suggestions?

This is typical of many files. If it can play it, it will either play it completely or partially without sound. It's unfortunatly fussy. That's why I'm look forward to a WD TV Live device for the holidays. I have way too much stuff that simply doesn't play on the NAS and other computers here.

Besides that, the directory and file number limitations on the network drives is totally insane.
post #5272 of 8458
Quote:
Originally Posted by ak3883 View Post

Noticed this as well. Interesting... wonder why.

Prices had been going up and up the last few weeks, they were up to around $120 I think.

Hmmm, I never got around to selling my Special Edition 2D-3D Avatar disk, only played twice. Maybe I should get my butt in gear
post #5273 of 8458
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Pylot View Post

Hmmm, I never got around to selling my Special Edition 2D-3D Avatar disk, only played twice. Maybe I should get my butt in gear

Of course, now you'll have to list it as used, decreasing what you can get for it. I guess you could re-shrink wrap it and pretend .

In February Panasonic's exclusivity agreement expires and the thing goes on sale everywhere, no doubt for less than half of what people have been getting for these promotional copies (having procrastinated for several months, I sold mine on Amazon a month or two back for $110 to sell it quick--all of the other listings were asking $130). Time's a wastin'.
post #5274 of 8458
I'm having trouble connecting this to my network drive. I have a wired connection to my router. I use Easy Setup and DHCP for it to obtain my settings in the network settings page, and it works because I can access Youtube. So then I use the IP address it gives me from the network settings page (192.168.2.107) and enter that in the "Add Network Drive" section. Now for shared name, do I enter the full path, like this:

Shared Folder name: \\\\server\\mp3

That is the "Network Path" given to me on my Win7 computer. Or do I just enter the "Share name" of "Mp3?"

I leave userid and password blank since I don't have my sharing options set up to require one.

My permissions are set for full access to "Everyone" and "Administrators" and the "Share this folder" box is checked. My computer belongs to a Homegroup and the option to "share media with devices" and "stream my media over home network" is checked. Network discovery, file and printer sharing are all on. Also "use 128 bit encryption to help protect file sharing connections" is on and "password protected sharing" is turned off. There is a Homegroup password but I dont know if that matters. I tried entering that in the bpassword field but it doesnm't work. Windows Firewall is turned off.

I keep getting an error message that it can't connect to my network. How is this possible when I know it can connect to my IP to access Youtube and the Internet? Can anyone give me their settings so I can see what I may be doing wrong? Thanks for any help.
post #5275 of 8458
Quote:
Originally Posted by naughtyca View Post

it does nto stream movies from your PC, i use my smart TV, to do the streaming, only reason i bought this is due to the avatar 3d blu ray movie that i sold for $130 in amazon.

if you want straming movies from your PC go with an LG it does plex media server with your pc which is awesome, i am lucky enough to have bought the lg TV.

hope this helps

Ok thanks. Question to those who bought the DMP-BDT210 /110 off Amazon. Whats the operating voltage on these things? Is it AC 120V or 110 - 240 VAC? I dont live in the US and Amazon's price with shipping is about 60% off the local market price. Will be nice if someone can confirm the voltages for me.
post #5276 of 8458
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post

You'd rather ask us than actually watch netflix

Mdavej - I rather ask user experience before signing up for a service even if its free for a month. Thanks for your smarta** response now you can run along now.
post #5277 of 8458
Quote:
Originally Posted by naughtyca View Post

it does nto stream movies from your PC, i use my smart TV, to do the streaming, only reason i bought this is due to the avatar 3d blu ray movie that i sold for $130 in amazon.

if you want straming movies from your PC go with an LG it does plex media server with your pc which is awesome, i am lucky enough to have bought the lg TV.

That is simply not correct. But I understand why you would say it: It's a myth that has been perpetuated on this thread since the beginning.

The truth is these players CAN play files very well. BUT they are very picky about which files they will play, and there are no doubt better devices out there if file playback is a high priority.

Here is a snippet from one recent post I wrote (and there are many similar posts by others as well):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandenborg View Post

1) Through DLNA you can stream MPEG files natively (full quality, FF/Rew, no subtitles). Other formats would rely on the DLNA server transcoding, thus reducing quality -- as you found.

2) From network drive (file share) or USB you can play MKV files -- and only MKV. Compared to DLNA this gives you faster/smoother FF/Rew, subtitles and support for more encodes (MPEG4/H.264). If your MKV files won't play, then try to re-mux them without Header Removal compression. Check this post: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...8#post21190548

3) Make sure there are no stream errors in the videos you try to play. The player is very sensitive to those.

4) Make your tests on a wired connection before you draw conclusions. I found many problems with file playback disappeared when I went from WiFi to wired.

I used to play high bitrate 1080i30 and 720p60 MPEG2 cable recordings all the time from Win7 DLNA. Now I convert those to MKV (no re-encoding, same quality) and play them through Network Drive so that I can get subtitles. Both approaches have worked well for me.

That said, dedicated file players are a lot more versatile for playing files. Everybody here who owns one recommend that and say to forget about file playback on the Panny.

I suggest anybody who wants to play files on their Panny 110/210/310 read back in this thread, starting around page 140-150. Much progress has been posted about file playback starting around then. We all want quick and simple answers, but as is often the case in life, the correct simple answer is 42. It's all about the question.

As for anyone considering buying one of these players with file playback as a high priority, I would absolutely agree with the advice from others to look elsewhere. BUT these are excellent BD/DVD and internet streaming players -- and they CAN play files very well within the restrictions described above.
post #5278 of 8458
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullerms View Post

Ok thanks. Question to those who bought the DMP-BDT210 /110 off Amazon. Whats the operating voltage on these things? Is it AC 120V or 110 - 240 VAC? I dont live in the US and Amazon's price with shipping is about 60% off the local market price. Will be nice if someone can confirm the voltages for me.

I pulled out my player to check, and to my surprise it stated 120V/60Hz only. The manual says the same. I expected a switching mode power supply -- and it could still be -- but I wouldn't count on it.

Update: And yes, I too bought this on Amazon.
post #5279 of 8458
Quote:
Originally Posted by spooksmcgee View Post

I'm having trouble connecting this to my network drive. I have a wired connection to my router. I use Easy Setup and DHCP for it to obtain my settings in the network settings page, and it works because I can access Youtube. So then I use the IP address it gives me from the network settings page (192.168.2.107) and enter that in the "Add Network Drive" section. Now for shared name, do I enter the full path, like this:

Shared Folder name: \\\\server\\mp3

That is the "Network Path" given to me on my Win7 computer. Or do I just enter the "Share name" of "Mp3?"

I leave userid and password blank since I don't have my sharing options set up to require one.

My permissions are set for full access to "Everyone" and "Administrators" and the "Share this folder" box is checked. My computer belongs to a Homegroup and the option to "share media with devices" and "stream my media over home network" is checked. Network discovery, file and printer sharing are all on. Also "use 128 bit encryption to help protect file sharing connections" is on and "password protected sharing" is turned off. There is a Homegroup password but I dont know if that matters. I tried entering that in the bpassword field but it doesnm't work. Windows Firewall is turned off.

I keep getting an error message that it can't connect to my network. How is this possible when I know it can connect to my IP to access Youtube and the Internet? Can anyone give me their settings so I can see what I may be doing wrong? Thanks for any help.

I play from Win7 network share all the time. On the player:

1) Enter the IP of your Windows PC.

2) Enter JUST the name of the share (NOT the full \\\\server\\share path).

3) I have been unable to connect as Anonymous and had to enter the username and password of an actual Win7 user. This is stupid on Panasonic's part. I created a restricted user on Win7 specifically for this.

4) I do NOT have any Homegroups on my Win7, though I suppose it should work regardless. And I also use the 128-bit encryption (default in Win7).

5) Of course File and Printer Sharing must be on, otherwise you cannot share a folder -- although you can still stream DLNA even without File and Printer Sharing.

Hope this helps.
post #5280 of 8458
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandenborg View Post

I pulled out my player to check, and to my surprise it stated 120V/60Hz only. The manual says the same. I expected a switching mode power supply -- and it could still be -- but I wouldn't count on it.

Update: And yes, I too bought this on Amazon.

Thank you. That effectively kills my plan to buy it off Amazon. But it's surprising that companies still go with region specific power supplies.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Blu-ray Players
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Players › Official Panasonic DMP-BDT110/210/310 Owners Thread