or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Players › Official Panasonic DMP-BDT110/210/310 Owners Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Panasonic DMP-BDT110/210/310 Owners Thread - Page 204

post #6091 of 8458
Quote:
Originally Posted by lopan531 View Post

I just recently purchased the DMP-BDT210 and I also have a DMR-EZ47V DVD/VHS Recorder hooked up to the same system.

How can I get the Panny blu-ray player remote to not turn on the DVD/Recorder as well?

It appears that when the Pan DVD Recorder is off, if I hit play on the Blu-ray remote, the DVD Recorder also turns on as well. Is there anyone to that feature off?

I ran into the same problem years ago with my BD-30 and DVD-S77 and then again when I brought home my BDT210.

Turn the player on.
Select "Setup".
Go to "Player Settings".
Select "Others".
Select "Set Code".
Select "Set Code 2".

That should do the trick.
post #6092 of 8458
... and don't forget to change the remote to address 2 as well or you won't be able to control that device anymore. I forget the steps but they're in the manual.
post #6093 of 8458
Quote:
Originally Posted by lopan531 View Post

I just recently purchased the DMP-BDT210 and I also have a DMR-EZ47V DVD/VHS Recorder hooked up to the same system.

How can I get the Panny blu-ray player remote to not turn on the DVD/Recorder as well?

It appears that when the Pan DVD Recorder is off, if I hit play on the Blu-ray remote, the DVD Recorder also turns on as well. Is there anyone to that feature off?

Sounds like they both have same command codes. You can set the blue ray to use a different code. Pg 33 in the manual, under the Others submenu.
post #6094 of 8458
This should be possible with this player (BDT310) right? I've always used S/PDIF or HDMI out from my Sony BD players so I never tried it, but my friend has an analog stereo amp and apparently gets no ANALOG audio at all when playing a Blu-ray. We set the downmix setting to STEREO.

It does get analog audio when playing a DVD so it's not the hookup. The TV does get (crappy) audio via HDMI directly, but he would like to use an old stereo for sound right now. Unplugging the TV or disabling HDMI Audio as the manual suggests did not help. Defective unit?
post #6095 of 8458
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandenborg View Post

No problem, thanks for the feedback.

I don't believe there is any file that cannot be made to play on your Panny. Some files may require re-encoding (Handbrake etc) which is slow, others can simply be re-muxed with MKVmerge or Haali, and some may play right away (probably not many though). Once you know how to convert them, which tools and settings produce compatible files, it's not too bad in terms of time and hassle. But getting to that point can be a struggle -- and that's where you have to decide if it's worth the effort. If you have money, space and connections to spare, dedicated media players definitely do a better job.

Specifically on your comments:

1) Your 210/215 absolutely has DLNA. Select Network->Home Network->DLNA Client and it will search and list any DLNA servers on your network. Very easy to use and supports music, pictures and video. The only video format supported natively through DLNA is MPEG (1/2). Win7's DLNA server (Advanced Sharing Settings->Media Streaming) lets you stream TS, PS, or MPG files with FF/Rew -- but not MKV (as far as I know). Other video formats (such as MP4/H.264) depend on the DLNA server. I noticed today some members have posted success using 3rd party DNA servers to play other file types. You may want to check that.

2) For native MKV support by the Panny you need to connect as Network Drive or USB. The MKV can contain MPEG1/2 or MP4/H.264 as long as it adheres to the Panny's strict MKV rules. That's what the long discussion and the many tests last November were all about.

3) Again, for MKV files that will not play even after re-mux with MKVmerge or Haali (with header removal disabled) you need to re-encode (Handbreake etc). Do look for ktm911's posts on this, he dug deep.

4) I understand about WiFi, I am not saying you cannot use that. But I strongly recommend a wired connection (or USB) at least until you know that your files play. Any compatibility issues with the file are exacerbated by the latencies of WiFi. I've seen it make a big difference.

And once again, only you know if it's worth the effort.

BTW, I really am a Borg. Think Bach or Berlin, but instead of Brandenburg it's Brandenborg

Edit: Of course by the time I posted this, I saw your success post. Once again good job there!

I've been digging through and following this forum for a couple weeks, and this is post is so clear and informative, I just had to write a reply in thanks. Nicely done.
post #6096 of 8458
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVfile View Post

This should be possible with this player (BDT310) right? I've always used S/PDIF or HDMI out from my Sony BD players so I never tried it, but my friend has an analog stereo amp and apparently gets no ANALOG audio at all when playing a Blu-ray. We set the downmix setting to STEREO.

It does get analog audio when playing a DVD so it's not the hookup. The TV does get (crappy) audio via HDMI directly, but he would like to use an old stereo for sound right now. Unplugging the TV or disabling HDMI Audio as the manual suggests did not help. Defective unit?

Search is your friend. Has been covered before.

Turn off 24p will solve this problem in most cases but not all. Disc authoring could still force analog audio off.
post #6097 of 8458
Hi All,

Thanks to all you Pros helping out us Newbs!

Quick question...is it possible to share the internet connection from my 210 to the Denon AVR-2112CI via hdmi 1.4 or vice versa?

I have the 210 hooked up through a cat5 cable to my router and would like to share the internet connection via hdmi rather than hook up the Denon to separate cat5 cable.

I'm not sure if this is possible.

Thanks in Advance!
post #6098 of 8458
Got an answer to my question...

Posting for anyone else that is curious...

From 'jdsmoothie' over in the "Official Denon AVR-XX12 Model Owner's Thread"...

"There currently are no HDMI over ethernet capable devices. You can use an ethernet switch to connect multiple devices to the router."
post #6099 of 8458
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveolddogs View Post


I've been digging through and following this forum for a couple weeks, and this is post is so clear and informative, I just had to write a reply in thanks. Nicely done.

Thanks, nice of you :-)

Lots of people here who want to help. It's a great forum.

And BTW I love dogs ;-)
post #6100 of 8458
The touch-free sensor on my BDT-210 recently stopped working after a few months of ownership. The feature remains turned on in the player controls. The top of the player is free of any obstructions, and clean. Anything I should try before I call Panasonic to make a warranty claim?
post #6101 of 8458
As far as I know, they all stop working after awhile.
post #6102 of 8458
Hooked up my panasonic DMP-BDT210. Have optical out going to my onkyo tx-sr304. Watched about 1/2 hour of Rise of Planet of the Apes with incredible sound! But then the sound started going out. Now no sound at all. Tried turning off HDMI audio but that didn't help. Tried a different optical cable and that didn't work.
I have just purchased this player and I don't have an sd card installed yet. Don't know if this is the problem because tried a DVD and still no sound.
Before I send it back to amazon because of broken optical out am wondering if there is something I am doing wrong. I didn't touch anything when the sound started going out.
I can receive sound via HDMI but need to have optical for the dolby 3.5/5.1.
post #6103 of 8458
I skimmed this thread and found a couple of contradictory posts. If I already have wired lan capability at my blu-ray player is their any benefit from going from a dmp-bdt110 to a 210/310 other than the dual HDMI on the 310? Is network streaming and file format support the same?

THe panasonic website makes it seem like the 210/310 support additional formats than the 110 but a lot of posts here make it seem like it is just wifi that seperates the 210/110.

Please and thank you.
post #6104 of 8458
Quote:
Originally Posted by petie_gwm View Post

Hooked up my panasonic DMP-BDT210. Have optical out going to my onkyo tx-sr304. Watched about 1/2 hour of Rise of Planet of the Apes with incredible sound! But then the sound started going out. Now no sound at all. Tried turning off HDMI audio but that didn't help. Tried a different optical cable and that didn't work.
I have just purchased this player and I don't have an sd card installed yet. Don't know if this is the problem because tried a DVD and still no sound.
Before I send it back to amazon because of broken optical out am wondering if there is something I am doing wrong. I didn't touch anything when the sound started going out.
I can receive sound via HDMI but need to have optical for the dolby 3.5/5.1.

Have been playing around with it for a while and have tried changing every setting I could find and still no sound. Am beginning to feel that I have a lemon since it worked for a while. Will return the unit for a new one unless someone finds a fix.
post #6105 of 8458
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew4msu View Post

As far as I know, they all stop working after awhile.

True. My touch sensor failed after about 4 or 5 months. It was a fun feature but I always use my remote so I haven't bothered with a warranty call.
post #6106 of 8458
Quote:
Originally Posted by petie_gwm View Post

Have been playing around with it for a while and have tried changing every setting I could find and still no sound. Am beginning to feel that I have a lemon since it worked for a while. Will return the unit for a new one unless someone finds a fix.

Optical cables rarely go bad, especially trying two in a row.

Try reassigning your Blu-ray player optical input onto another optical slot on the 304. Verify your settings. There should be more than one, plus an assignable coax input. Go to the 210's Set up > Player settings > Audio Menu. Turn BD-Video Secondary Audio to On, since your 304 doesn't decode lossless codecs. Which you can't do anyway over optical, but give the method a try. Replay movie. If there still is no sound, then try switching both Dolby and DTS columns from Bitstream to PCM in the 210's Audio menu, and let the player do the on board audio decoding.
post #6107 of 8458
Quote:
Originally Posted by petie_gwm View Post

Have been playing around with it for a while and have tried changing every setting I could find and still no sound. Am beginning to feel that I have a lemon since it worked for a while. Will return the unit for a new one unless someone finds a fix.

I have a satellite receiver that occasionally stops working properly, and the solution is to reboot it by pulling the electric plug for 15 seconds. That is something to try on all modern electronic equipment (put in standby first) when it stops working correctly.
post #6108 of 8458
I have tried the other optical input on the receiver. They both work fine via my Plasma. Just not with the new Blu-ray. Have also tried both PCM and bitstream.

Will try unplugging tonight but if that is the fix I am going to send it back if this continues. A brand new player shouldn't have to be unplugged to get it to work after using for 30 minutes. Or am I wrong. Don't want to have to do this every 30 minutes.

How do I put it in stand-by RobMeyer1?
post #6109 of 8458
Quote:
Originally Posted by petie_gwm View Post

I have tried the other optical input on the receiver. They both work fine via my Plasma. Just not with the new Blu-ray. Have also tried both PCM and bitstream.

Will try unplugging tonight but if that is the fix I am going to send it back if this continues. A brand new player shouldn't have to be unplugged to get it to work after using for 30 minutes. Or am I wrong. Don't want to have to do this every 30 minutes.

How do I put it in stand-by RobMeyer1?

When we shut it off it's actually in standby.

Do you see the red laser light if you look at the end of the optical cable with the panny on. If you don't for sure it's busted and should be returned. If you see the light it may still be defective.
post #6110 of 8458
Thanks everyone for the help with the remote codes. I switched the 210 to Remote 2 setting and everything works fine now. Thanks.
post #6111 of 8458
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark the Red View Post

I skimmed this thread and found a couple of contradictory posts. If I already have wired lan capability at my blu-ray player is their any benefit from going from a dmp-bdt110 to a 210/310 other than the dual HDMI on the 310? Is network streaming and file format support the same?

THe panasonic website makes it seem like the 210/310 support additional formats than the 110 but a lot of posts here make it seem like it is just wifi that seperates the 210/110.

Please and thank you.

Anybody? Thanks.
post #6112 of 8458
Quote:
Originally Posted by moxie1617 View Post

When we shut it off it's actually in standby.

Do you see the red laser light if you look at the end of the optical cable with the panny on. If you don't for sure it's busted and should be returned. If you see the light it may still be defective.

I do see the light. I also tried the same cord with from my TV to the receiver in both optical ins so I know it's not the cord.

My conclusions are either a defective output on the new blu-ray, or for some reason the blu-ray is too sophisticated for my 7 year old receiver. But the fact that it did work perfectly for 30 minutes has me leaning towards the former.
post #6113 of 8458
Quote:
Originally Posted by petie_gwm View Post

I do see the light. I also tried the same cord with from my TV to the receiver in both optical ins so I know it's not the cord.

My conclusions are either a defective output on the new blu-ray, or for some reason the blu-ray is too sophisticated for my 7 year old receiver. But the fact that it did work perfectly for 30 minutes has me leaning towards the former.

I suggest you open the BDT210 settings, browse to Audio/Digital Audio Output then set the Dolby & DTS settings to PCM and set the BD-Video 2ndary Audio to ON to see if it works. I think your receiver doesn't support the audio format(s) on the BD's you tried.
post #6114 of 8458
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark the Red View Post

Anybody? Thanks.

This has been answered in this thread several dozen times, but I can't easily find it in a thread search so I'll give you a pass.

Other than the touch-free sensor and second HDMI connection, the only difference are some settings in the firmware. These are "Digital Tube Sound", "7.1 Channel Audio Reformatting" (only available when you're letting the player decode Dolby and DTS and not sending them to your AVR for processing) and "High Clarity Sound", which merely turns off the analog video output when you're using HDMI, supposedly removing a source of audio noise (I don't buy it, if you're using digital sound). There's also some sort of detailed information display that you can pull up on the 210 and 310 while playing a disc that is not available on the 110 (I can't remember what's in it).

The Canadian version of the 210 can play DiVX.
post #6115 of 8458
Quote:
Originally Posted by petie_gwm View Post


I do see the light. I also tried the same cord with from my TV to the receiver in both optical ins so I know it's not the cord.

My conclusions are either a defective output on the new blu-ray, or for some reason the blu-ray is too sophisticated for my 7 year old receiver. But the fact that it did work perfectly for 30 minutes has me leaning towards the former.

It's possible that the higher bit rate of the new formats is causing a problem. Have you tried a regular DVD? If that works, set the digital audio out to PCM. If neither work it sounds like your player is defective.

What Leo King said.
post #6116 of 8458
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark the Red View Post

Anybody? Thanks.

As Michael said, it was answered a few pages back. They all support the same files.

S~
post #6117 of 8458
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew4msu View Post

As far as I know, they all stop working after awhile.

Really--everyone's touch-free sensors are failing within the first few months? If that's the case, I'm surprised Panasonic doesn't get more flack for it.
post #6118 of 8458
Quote:
Originally Posted by niccolo View Post

Really--everyone's touch-free sensors are failing within the first few months? If that's the case, I'm surprised Panasonic doesn't get more flack for it.

+1!!!

Ed
post #6119 of 8458
Hi , I bought Panasonic DMP-BDT210 Bluray player 4-5 month back . Its has great features and i enjoyed a lot . Youtube and so many apps i used to use every day . how ever today evening none of the apps are shown . just wondering why? ( all apps place an empty icon) all apps already installed was seeing as empty . when i go to 'Market' I can see all the apps are installed . I try to installed some new apps but nothing happening

can you help me what should i do ? appreciate your help in this regard


Thanks
Creative
post #6120 of 8458
Quote:
Originally Posted by creative123 View Post

how ever today evening none of the apps are shown . just wondering why? ( all apps place an empty icon) all apps already installed was seeing as empty . when i go to 'Market' I can see all the apps are installed . I try to installed some new apps but nothing happening

Have you leafed through all of the pages of the Viera Cast app menu?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Blu-ray Players
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Players › Official Panasonic DMP-BDT110/210/310 Owners Thread