or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Players › Official Panasonic DMP-BDT110/210/310 Owners Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Panasonic DMP-BDT110/210/310 Owners Thread - Page 256

post #7651 of 8458
Just picked up a 210 for the movie room and I love it! Got a odd question though. I currently have a 310 also and it came with a square Skype sticker on the front flap when I got it. I opened the 210 and no Skype sticker. Did Panasonic stop putting he sticker on the players? It's a Sept 2011 build if that helps. Thanks.
post #7652 of 8458
am i the only one that thinks dvd's look terrible on this player?!
post #7653 of 8458
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIVE ONE SIX View Post

am i the only one that thinks dvd's look terrible on this player?!

If you disable super resolution, upscaling is excellent. If not, you must have some settings poorly set up on either your player or your display.
post #7654 of 8458
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillP View Post

If you disable super resolution, upscaling is excellent. If not, you must have some settings poorly set up on either your player or your display.

Hi There, This super resolution settings are in the BDT110? Thanks!
post #7655 of 8458
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillP View Post

To state the obvious, you also need a 3D display. 2-3 weeks ago, someone was puzzled why he couldn't get the 2D-to-3D conversion work with his 3D player. He didn't have a 3D display!

I getting the Panasonic 50ST30 this coming friday,so just want to confirm the present hdmi cable will do the work or I need to get a replacement hdmi cable.
post #7656 of 8458
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillP View Post

If you disable super resolution, upscaling is excellent. If not, you must have some settings poorly set up on either your player or your display.

i just switched it, and it does look better, but i still think that my 7 year old sony dvd player did a better job at scaling my 210...

and this thread is pretty long, are there any post about which settings are the better setting to use, because honestly the manual didn't really explain the settings well at all. i'm using a 210 with a 55" GT30...
post #7657 of 8458
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIVE ONE SIX View Post

i just switched it, and it does look better, but i still think that my 7 year old sony dvd player did a better job at scaling my 210...

and this thread is pretty long, are there any post about which settings are the better setting to use, because honestly the manual didn't really explain the settings well at all. i'm using a 210 with a 55" GT30...

Advanced Chroma on, and pretty much everything else off. There's a whole discussion of the 4:4:4 vs 4:4:2 and which color translation in the thread, just search.
post #7658 of 8458
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajinchi View Post


Hi There, This super resolution settings are in the BDT110? Thanks!

Yes. Press info while playing a DVD to change it.
post #7659 of 8458
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbsidlov View Post

Advanced Chroma on, and pretty much everything else off. There's a whole discussion of the 4:4:4 vs 4:4:2 and which color translation in the thread, just search.

thanks for the help. after sitting down and looking at it, it actually does look better. and i shouldn't have used The Matrix to judge, because it's a very dark movie...

i'm just not sure if it would scale better with the HDMI resolution setting at 1080p or auto, because i'm guessing it only scales once with auto and multiple times with 1080p for anything other than a BR...
post #7660 of 8458
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIVE ONE SIX View Post

thanks for the help. after sitting down and looking at it, it actually does look better. and i shouldn't have used The Matrix to judge, because it's a very dark movie...

i'm just not sure if it would scale better with the HDMI resolution setting at 1080p or auto, because i'm guessing it only scales once with auto and multiple times with 1080p for anything other than a BR...

AUTO simply means that it uses the best setting that the TV announces so you should see no difference between AUTO and 1080p since the player should lock to 1080p on AUTO as that is the best your TV has to offer. This player does not have Source Direct.
post #7661 of 8458
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbsidlov View Post

Advanced Chroma on, and pretty much everything else off. There's a whole discussion of the 4:4:4 vs 4:4:2 and which color translation in the thread, just search.

I would say Advanced Chroma off aswell but the errors that Advanced Chroma introduces is so small that it's probably undetectable by the human eye anyways so I guess that on or off really doesn't matter.

Also 4:4:4 vs 4:2:2 should make no difference as it's simply adds zeroes to the value to scale from 4:2:2 to 4:4:4 which is evident from the benchmark results from the link below (since 4:4:4 shows no errors it means that the scaled value is simply zero padded 4:2:2). All 4:4:4 does is increasing the bandwidth needed on the HDMI connection.

http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/blu-r...r.html?start=3
post #7662 of 8458
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norman Chan View Post

I getting the Panasonic 50ST30 this coming friday,so just want to confirm the present hdmi cable will do the work or I need to get a replacement hdmi cable.

You're good to go. An HDMI cable is an HDMI cable. I've bought cables from Monoprice for under $10 bucks and they work perfectly. HDMI cables either work or don't work so if it's working fine you will be okay. Enjoy the display. I've had a 42ST30 since last April and the PQ is so great it is the first display I decided to NOT get ISF calibrated. Using a 110 with it and it is one fine blu-ray player (exceptional dvd upscaling). Panasonic has done a great job with their line.
post #7663 of 8458
Quote:
Originally Posted by subavision212 View Post

You're good to go. An HDMI cable is an HDMI cable. I've bought cables from Monoprice for under $10 bucks and they work perfectly. HDMI cables either work or don't work so if it's working fine you will be okay. Enjoy the display. I've had a 42ST30 since last April and the PQ is so great it is the first display I decided to NOT get ISF calibrated. Using a 110 with it and it is one fine blu-ray player (exceptional dvd upscaling). Panasonic has done a great job with their line.

I have a microcenter nearby. It's good for quick purchases and much cheaper than bestbuy. They have 6ft hdmi cables they sell in pairs for $17- excellent picture etc. I have been using them and I buy them for my friends so that they don't get ripped off.
I started to reassemble my system after renovations and found one cable was a couple inches short in the new configuration; so I got a 12 ft which was $18, partially opened the box and hooked it to the player and tv and started playing avatar in 3d, awful picture with snow, flashing and audio drops. Cable said that it was capable of 2k x 4k. So not all cable is the same. Get a cable that specifically says 3d, deep color, high speed or says it's 1.3a compliant. It's harder to find 1.3a labels than 3d high speed. Since I can't wait, I ended up with a 10ft cable for $25 that was rejected earlier for the price but was marked 3d, deep color, high speed, and it was as it was labeled.
post #7664 of 8458
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbsidlov View Post

Cable said that it was capable of 2k x 4k. So not all cable is the same. Get a cable that specifically says 3d, deep color, high speed or says it's 1.3a compliant. It's harder to find 1.3a labels than 3d high speed. Since I can't wait, I ended up with a 10ft cable for $25 that was rejected earlier for the price but was marked 3d, deep color, high speed, and it was as it was labeled.

The 1.3a is a hardware spec, not an HDMI cable spec. All you need is a certiifed High Speed HDMI cable and you're good to go. Just make sure you buy from a reputable dealer/mfr because there are bad cables out there. Monoprice, MediaBridges, BlueJeans, make good, reliable cables for a very good price.
post #7665 of 8458
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Pylot View Post

The 1.3a is a hardware spec, not an HDMI cable spec. All you need is a certiifed High Speed HDMI cable and you're good to go. Just make sure you buy from a reputable dealer/mfr because there are bad cables out there. Monoprice, MediaBridges, BlueJeans, make good, reliable cables for a very good price.

Correct. Sorry if I was not specific enough. Any HDMI cable listed as 'High Speed' should work.
post #7666 of 8458
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Pylot View Post

The 1.3a is a hardware spec, not an HDMI cable spec. All you need is a certiifed High Speed HDMI cable and you're good to go. Just make sure you buy from a reputable dealer/mfr because there are bad cables out there. Monoprice, MediaBridges, BlueJeans, make good, reliable cables for a very good price.

The box of the bad cable said, High Speed, 4X 1080P and supported 2K x 4K video. Here's a link: http://www.microcenter.com/single_pr...uct_id=0359827

Here's the box of the very good 2 6ft for $19 (now): http://www.microcenter.com/single_pr...uct_id=0357159

Here's what I ended up with (J&R has them for less): http://www.microcenter.com/single_pr...uct_id=0375478
post #7667 of 8458
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbsidlov View Post

The box of the bad cable said, High Speed, 4X 1080P and supported 2K x 4K video. Here's a link: http://www.microcenter.com/single_pr...uct_id=0359827

Here's the box of the very good 2 6ft for $19 (now): http://www.microcenter.com/single_pr...uct_id=0357159

Here's what I ended up with (J&R has them for less): http://www.microcenter.com/single_pr...uct_id=0375478

The first two cables have 90 day warranties and not much information. The last cable has a one year warranty with more cable information given. However, none of them mention that they are certified or come with a certificate. Out of the three, the last one would be the best bet if you're going to go for one without a certificate.
post #7668 of 8458
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Pylot View Post


The first two cables have 90 day warranties and not much information. The last cable has a one year warranty with more cable information given. However, none of them mention that they are certified or come with a certificate. Out of the three, the last one would be the best bet if you're going to go for one without a certificate.

Lack of information is more a function of the company data center being inconsistent. I have been using the 2 pack for almost a year without issue, on my own and friend's hdtvs without any problems. The single QVS cable also did 3d with audio without issues. The other cable failed immediately with bad picture and noticeable audio drops.
post #7669 of 8458
This past Saturday April 28 I returned a Sony 580 3D Blu-Ray Player to Wal-Mart and purchased an open box Panasonic 110 3D Blu-Ray Disc Player from Best Buy. It was never used, it was set up as display model to show what it looked like. In picture quality the players are the same, 3D and 2D. DVDs upscaled are very close to Blu-Ray. Remember to set 24p to ON. Don't bother using the other video enhancements. The 2D-3D conversion of DVDs is very iffy at best. It depends on the video. I use -5 and +3. I wish there were more +settings besides +3. Remember to set the video at 24p. I find it helps the players 2D-3D conversion process. I haven't tried 2D-3D conversion with Blu-Rays as yet. I have an LG D2342P-PN Monitor. 3D Blu-Rays are fantastic, much better than the 2D-3D conversion. A question: Is the 2D-3D conversion better or the same on the Panasonic 220 and 320 or the 110/210/310?
post #7670 of 8458
There is a pop-out effect on the X20 series. I hate it. It bows the picture to get that effect, same as the 3D Bee. I just use default.

S~
post #7671 of 8458
I just bought a 110 off Craigslist for $60 brand new still sealed in the box. The guy got it free with a TV purchase and didn't need it. I am now trying to connect the player to the internet and am running into a problem. I have a Encore router setup as a wireless repeater in the room with the 110 that I use to get internet access for several devices in this room. I can run a cable from the ethernet port of the device to a port on the repeater and the device has internet access. So I am connecting the 110 to an ethernet port on the repeater for internet access. But when I choose "wired" as my connection type in Network Easy Setting I am only getting access to my home network...not the internet. Technically this is a wireless connection (as the repeater is connecting wirelessly to my main router), but I cannot choose "wireless" because this player only allows you to choose "wireless" when using the wireless adapter. So when I am choosing "wired" it doesn't ask for my security pass code. It is very late (early!) and maybe I am missing something simple here but this has me stumped. Funny thing is one time I ran the wired network easy setting it did connect to the internet. But then it quickly lost connection and hasn't connected since. My wireless is working as my other devices connect just fine. So, what do I do? Can't choose "wireless" because I am not using the adapter, and choosing "wired" isn't allowing me/asking me for my pass code. Please tell me I am missing something simple and am just an early morning idiot! Thanks for any help anyone can give this dummy!
post #7672 of 8458
You shouldn't need to enter a password when you're wired. I've never had to on any device, just wireless.

S~
post #7673 of 8458
Still not connecting. It's saying it can't obtain the IP address from the router. Tried to manually punch it in but that didn't work either. This should not be this hard! Well, I have a refurb Sony BDP-S580 coming from Sony.com for $60 so maybe this Panny will go up on eBay.
post #7674 of 8458
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacflies View Post

Still not connecting. It's saying it can't obtain the IP address from the router. Tried to manually punch it in but that didn't work either. This should not be this hard! Well, I have a refurb Sony BDP-S580 coming from Sony.com for $60 so maybe this Panny will go up on eBay.

From what you've described, I suspect the Sony will give you the same problem. It sounds to me that your repeater is the problem - isn't that where you have to add the password so it (the repeater) can connect to your router. I had an access point that I used as a repeater 10 years ago and that is how it worked. If your repeater is properly connected to your router, none of the devices connected to the repeater should ever have to add a password.
post #7675 of 8458
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyrax View Post

From what you've described, I suspect the Sony will give you the same problem. It sounds to me that your repeater is the problem - isn't that where you have to add the password so it (the repeater) can connect to your router. I had an access point that I used as a repeater 10 years ago and that is how it worked. If your repeater is properly connected to your router, none of the devices connected to the repeater should ever have to add a password.

I replaced an LG BD player with this Panny and the LG connected just fine thru the repeater. As do all the other devices connected to it. But using the Network Easy Setting isn't working. It only connects to my home network and not the internet. So it IS connecting to the main router via the repeater (at least to get on my home network), but for some reason isn't getting on the internet. Any ideas?
post #7676 of 8458
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacflies View Post

Any ideas?

Hi sacflies, try resetting Panny back to factory default.
post #7677 of 8458
If JChin's idea does nothing... The only idea I have is that it sounds like you've a firewall on your router that is stopping the Panny from reaching the outside world. Check out the router's documentation.

Have you tried plugging the Panny directly into your router and seeing if that works? Hopefully, you should be able to plug the Panny into a computer monitor or other display device near the router. - or this test will not reveal anything.
post #7678 of 8458
Quote:
Originally Posted by JChin View Post

Hi sacflies, try resetting Panny back to factory default.

Success! I reset to factory defaults but still didn't get connected. In fact after the reset I didn't even get connected to my home network like I had before. But then I unplugged and plugged in the repeater (as I had done before with no success) and tried again and it worked. So I guess the combination of resetting to factory defaults and unplugging/plugging in the repeater has done the trick. Sometimes this wireless stuff does get aggravating. Hopefully now it will keep the connection. Now it is asking to update to the latest firmware. Gotta look back in this thread and make sure I want to do that. Current firmware is 1.47.

Has cinavia been activated on this player yet?

Thx everyone for the help. Much appreciated.
post #7679 of 8458
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacflies View Post

Current firmware is 1.47.

Has cinavia been activated on this player yet?

I've been told that there is no Cinavia in 1.48, but I've no way to test it out.
post #7680 of 8458
The most recent firmware for the DMP-BDT110/111/210/310 series is v1.80, released on 2/6/2012. I have not yet seen a definitive test as to whether or not it includes Cinavia, although I've heard anecdotally that it does not.

v1.47 is quite old; released on 2/24/2011, it is now 6 versions out-of-date. With firmware that old, you may have problems with some discs or features.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Blu-ray Players
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Players › Official Panasonic DMP-BDT110/210/310 Owners Thread