or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official LG 47LW5600/55LW5600 "Passive 3D" Owners Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official LG 47LW5600/55LW5600 "Passive 3D" Owners Thread - Page 258

post #7711 of 8217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsantsa View Post

Hi, I have an lw5600. It seems to have an auto dimming feature.

I tried searching but I'm not sure what I'm looking for. I only notice it when watching a show the switches from a light scene to a dark scene frequently. I especially notice this when watching Game of Thrones.

The screen will auto dim and return to full brightness depending on the scene. How do I turn this off? As far as I can tell, there isn't a definite option in the menu.

I apologize if this was asked but I can't seem to find it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMPUTIAC View Post

Hi, on the LG remote, on the top left, there is a green button.

It says "Energy Saving" press this, scroll down and turn it to "Off".

This should do it.


Glad I'm not the only one who has this issue...and quite frankly its very surprising to find that either no one else is noticing or its only happening to a select few. The engery saving feature does not solve the issue. This is something new from the last firmware update (4.03.01). This has been driving me nuts and I was on here to find a way to go back to my last firmware to resolve this. If I had to guess, I'd say they broke energy saving and its stuck on as that is exactly how its behaving. I thought perhaps turning the feature on or off again might solve it (tried a few other possibly related settings as well) but all to no avail. I'll report back if the firmware revert works or not.

First post!
post #7712 of 8217
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrgonline View Post

the tv doesn't support DTS so i have to convert my bluray.mkv to AC3-5.1 audio, such a waste of time. anyway around this?

Sure there is, the search function is your friend: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...1#post21684721
post #7713 of 8217
Quote:
Originally Posted by COMPUTIAC View Post

Hi, on the LG remote, on the top left, there is a green button.

It says "Energy Saving" press this, scroll down and turn it to "Off".

This should do it.

I'll try this tonight.



Quote:
Originally Posted by theSnagglepuss View Post

Glad I'm not the only one who has this issue...and quite frankly its very surprising to find that either no one else is noticing or its only happening to a select few. The engery saving feature does not solve the issue. This is something new from the last firmware update (4.03.01). This has been driving me nuts and I was on here to find a way to go back to my last firmware to resolve this. If I had to guess, I'd say they broke energy saving and its stuck on as that is exactly how its behaving. I thought perhaps turning the feature on or off again might solve it (tried a few other possibly related settings as well) but all to no avail. I'll report back if the firmware revert works or not.

First post!

I just read that you can undo the last firmware update. I think my energy savings is already set to off so as last resort I will revert the fw.
post #7714 of 8217
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSG_Da_Bears View Post

I have it working without spoofing the EDID and the only time I notice any ghosting is when the screen is paused. I have never noticed it during game play.

weird I went to my local Bestbuy and bought 2 new glasses and swapped the lens's and at first i had the one eye backward which had terrible ghosting flipping the lens around made it much better.

Put the TV to T/B and played a round of COD with my PS3 and it actually worked very well but still had tiny bit of ghosting. I was sitting about 8ft from the TV and if player 2 started looking at a building and i was looking at the sky i could slightly see the building, it very's minimal but can be annoying. This is during game play so it was a bit annoying and if your not seeing ghosting may i ask what glasses and what setting your are using?

Also how do you fix the PS3 XMB or Game Menu, or there is no way and 3D must be turned off when you return to the game menu or XMB?


Quote:
Originally Posted by theSnagglepuss View Post

Glad I'm not the only one who has this issue...and quite frankly its very surprising to find that either no one else is noticing or its only happening to a select few. The engery saving feature does not solve the issue. This is something new from the last firmware update (4.03.01). This has been driving me nuts and I was on here to find a way to go back to my last firmware to resolve this. If I had to guess, I'd say they broke energy saving and its stuck on as that is exactly how its behaving. I thought perhaps turning the feature on or off again might solve it (tried a few other possibly related settings as well) but all to no avail. I'll report back if the firmware revert works or not.

First post!

I have the LW5700 hacked to LW5600 and do not see this dimming problem and energy save works as it should. My TV auto updated to 4.02.28 when i plugged it to the net and stayed there I manually updated it to 4.02.62 and according to LG's website this is the latest firmware for the TV so i have no idea where you got 4.03.01 but maybe a downgrade is in order?
post #7715 of 8217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsantsa View Post

I'll try this tonight.





I just read that you can undo the last firmware update. I think my energy savings is already set to off so as last resort I will revert the fw.


Update: Just restored the firmware and I still have the auto dim issue! I'm almost positive I first saw this with the 4.03.01 update but I'm back to the current (official, non revoked) and the problem is still occurring. Double checked all my settings, energy saving or eco settings (whatever LG is calling it) is most definitely off. Interesting though, when turning if off from the quick menu and selecting exit you get the scale image to show how much energy is being used....with the setting off, it was the same as minimum. Makes me think its stuck or something. Wow is this ever annoying! Anyone with any suggestions? I'm going to have to give LG a support call if there is no fix.
post #7716 of 8217
Quote:
Originally Posted by theSnagglepuss View Post

Update: Just restored the firmware and I still have the auto dim issue! I'm almost positive I first saw this with the 4.03.01 update but I'm back to the current (official, non revoked) and the problem is still occurring. Double checked all my settings, energy saving or eco settings (whatever LG is calling it) is most definitely off. Interesting though, when turning if off from the quick menu and selecting exit you get the scale image to show how much energy is being used....with the setting off, it was the same as minimum. Makes me think its stuck or something. Wow is this ever annoying! Anyone with any suggestions? I'm going to have to give LG a support call if there is no fix.

FWIW, I had to call LG support about a month ago because of an issue with the LHB536 HTIB I bought when I purchased our 55LW5600. The support person I talked to was named Isabel and she was very friendly. She spent a lot of time trying to fix my issue.

I recently bought a ROKU and had unplugged our 55LW5600 in order to use the Ethernet cable that was going to the TV and by good fortune missed the update that is causing all the problems. Lucky me.
post #7717 of 8217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deaks2 View Post

Sure there is, the search function is your friend: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...1#post21684721

That's a bit of a condescending answer considering that the post itself that you link to says it's not a feasible solution to the problem. Sure it might technically "work," in that it will pass through dts, but it breaks to many other features of the tv.
post #7718 of 8217
Any way to enable more zoom features in vudu? It only gives me original and full, both of which are letterbox (original is original letterbox and full zooms in very slightly). I want to zoom in so it fills my entire screen.
post #7719 of 8217
Can anyone tell me what Global-Plat3 under Model/type means ? This came up after they replaced the main because of the update issue.
post #7720 of 8217
Quote:
Originally Posted by indolent View Post

That's a bit of a condescending answer considering that the post itself that you link to says it's not a feasible solution to the problem. Sure it might technically "work," in that it will pass through dts, but it breaks to many other features of the tv.

DTS is about the only feature this tv is sorely missing. I really wish it had it. I had no idea it was possible to enable it (even though it kills lots of other features). That actually gives me hope that they will enable it in a future firmware update.


Here's to hoping LG enables DTS in the USA while not killing the premium apps. I only ever use vudu and youtube but still, I don't want to lose any features.
post #7721 of 8217
just picked up a 55 inch for under 900 shipped...my first 3d TV hope I can enjoy this with the family!!
post #7722 of 8217
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlynch34 View Post

just picked up a 55 inch for under 900 shipped...my first 3d TV hope I can enjoy this with the family!!

You will indeed!
post #7723 of 8217
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyb View Post

Interesting ill check on this when i get home. I have found a temporary solution for the time being. I let it go to black screen then select home and go back into the app, it seems to work everytime.

The LG tech came out to look into the HULU plus issue. I showed him my workaround, but he still hard reset my tv. Which did not fix the issue.

He offered to replace the main board and I said I'll pass on that because it is a software issue and not a hardware issue.(the same thing I told them before they sent a rep) He didn't even seem to really check the software version. So I'm not sure if LG doesn't really care that it's a software issue or if they're just too incompetent to realize it.(even though thats what I keep telling them it is)

It's funny that the software update was pulled because he did not mention it or offer to revert it to the old software version.
post #7724 of 8217
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlynch34 View Post

just picked up a 55 inch for under 900 shipped...my first 3d TV hope I can enjoy this with the family!!

And I thought I got a good deal, you will not be disappointed.
post #7725 of 8217
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyb View Post

The LG tech came out to look into the HULU plus issue. I showed him my workaround, but he still hard reset my tv. Which did not fix the issue.

He offered to replace the main board and I said I'll pass on that because it is a software issue and not a hardware issue.(the same thing I told them before they sent a rep) He didn't even seem to really check the software version. So I'm not sure if LG doesn't really care that it's a software issue or if they're just too incompetent to realize it.(even though thats what I keep telling them it is)

It's funny that the software update was pulled because he did not mention it or offer to revert it to the old software version.

Lg sent a repair service out for the update problem and they replaced the main board. I checked the HULU app and I still have the HULU problem. The work around you discribed works. It corrected the other problems the update caused. I did notice under support now the Model/Type says Global-Plate3and the Serial Number changed to SKJY1107. This set is only a few months old. I wish I knew what that means???
post #7726 of 8217
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyb View Post

The LG tech came out to look into the HULU plus issue. I showed him my workaround, but he still hard reset my tv. Which did not fix the issue.

He offered to replace the main board and I said I'll pass on that because it is a software issue and not a hardware issue.(the same thing I told them before they sent a rep) He didn't even seem to really check the software version. So I'm not sure if LG doesn't really care that it's a software issue or if they're just too incompetent to realize it.(even though thats what I keep telling them it is)

It's funny that the software update was pulled because he did not mention it or offer to revert it to the old software version.

Yeah, I did the FW reset and check all my settings. Still does it. It is definitely a new thing because I didn't do it when I first got the set.
post #7727 of 8217
FWIW I updated to firmware 4.03.01 and experienced no issue after the update. It was tempting to immediately hit the home button after the update to see if anything changed, but I left it alone, continue to watch what I was watching for about 45 min, then hit the home button. There was no issue with slowness what so ever... Didn't have to go through the initiation of premium either. I think this firmware update somehow requires all the apps to be re-downloaded and installed so I give it the time to do what it needs to do.

Just sharing since so many here experienced issues.
post #7728 of 8217
Quote:
Originally Posted by appjoe View Post

Can anyone tell me what Global-Plat3 under Model/type means ? This came up after they replaced the main because of the update issue.

is the universal model name of the mainboard, this can be changed along with the serial no in the service menu to match the tv mod and serial no. the tech should have done that, its in the service manual.
interesting that the 5600 and 6500 models both use the same mainboard

Makes you wonder if the 5600 could be magically transformed into a 6500 just by altering a few settings in the service menu???

comments anyone?
post #7729 of 8217
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdetail View Post

is the universal model name of the mainboard, this can be changed along with the serial no in the service menu to match the tv mod and serial no. the tech should have done that, its in the service manual.
interesting that the 5600 and 6500 models both use the same mainboard

Thank You for your reply.
Is changing the model and serial number something that should be done so that the mainboard knows what set it's in, to have the right calibrations.
Before I had no problems on regular cable I would just pick expert 1 for the 480P but now i'm going nut trying to adjust it. The HD chanels seem ok except when there is fast action you see alot of squares in the scene .
post #7730 of 8217
Quote:
Originally Posted by appjoe View Post

Thank You for your reply.
Is changing the model and serial number something that should be done so that the mainboard knows what set it's in, to have the right calibrations.
Before I had no problems on regular cable I would just pick expert 1 for the 480P but now i'm going nut trying to adjust it. The HD chanels seem ok except when there is fast action you see alot of squares in the scene .

Service menu access has been covered elsewhere in this forum,however altering the serial no and model no should have no actual effect on the tv or its settings.
I know this because,like you,i have had a mainboard replacement in my 3 month old 55" 6500 and i took issue with LG over the fact that my tv's ESN&model no were not the same.
Here in australia LG uses a network of agents to take care of service issues with its consumer products,not all of them in my opinion are competent,including the guy who came to fix my tv.
I dont know how it works in the USA or other countries but i would recommend you contact LG again and complain that your serial no and model no on the back of the set dont match the ones in the menu,it seems like your tech did'nt do his bloody job properly either!

Btw: your problems with hd cable will probably be the low bit rate of signal feed to your set and not the set itself, so blame the provider first
post #7731 of 8217
Couple questions about the 47":

1. Does the Netflix app do 1080P/DD+ 5.1 bitstream or DD bitstream?
2. Does this TV's Netflix app allow 24p?
post #7732 of 8217
Quote:
Originally Posted by nalawod View Post

OMG! I've been wanting the audio return channel to work with my Onkyo a/v receiver ever since I received my 55LW5600. I did turn HDMI control to "on" in my a/v receiver AND I did turn on ARC in the LG menu - but nobody ever mentioned I needed to run the SIMPLINK option and select a/v receiver for the speakers. I even made several posts early on in this forum and opened a ticket with LG - nobody ever mentioned needing to use the SIMPLINK menus. I'm going to try this right away tonight. I assumed SIMPLINK was for SIMPLINK devices only - my receiver does not have a SIMPLINK logo on it so I never tried. I bet this is the trick - it totally makes sense now and looking back at my LG manual it even mentions SIMPLINK but doesn't specifically say you need to set it up. DAMMIT (in a good way of course - lol).

Ok, I finally got ARC working but not in the way I wanted to:
Part of my problem not getting ARC to work was I had not changed the speaker setting in SIMPLINK. My other issue was that ARC does not work with my Onkyo TS-SR608 receiver unless I set "TV Control" to on also set "Power Control" to on in the receiver Hardware/HDMI setup. I really didn't want to turn on TV and Power control but that is the only way "HT Speaker" will stick in the LG TV setup. If I don't turn those additional options on in the Onkyo, HT Speaker reverts right back to TV Speaker. I shouldn't need to turn all of this on in the receiver should I? Receiver bug?
post #7733 of 8217
I haven't been in this thread in a while, is there any posts that can tell me the content of this thread?

Settings for ISF?

I see a few HACK comments?

Any table of contents floating around?



Thanks!
post #7734 of 8217
Quote:
Originally Posted by nalawod View Post

I shouldn't need to turn all of this on in the receiver should I? Receiver bug?

I have the same receiver and when I was setting up ARC I read somewhere that this was the only way to get it to work. What I can't remember is if I read this in the Onkyo manual or not, though I think it was. If that's the case then this is working as designed and not a bug.
post #7735 of 8217
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianb View Post

I have the same receiver and when I was setting up ARC I read somewhere that this was the only way to get it to work. What I can't remember is if I read this in the Onkyo manual or not, though I think it was. If that's the case then this is working as designed and not a bug.

Thanks for confirming that it's not unique to my equipment. I've re-read the Onkyo manual and nothing states that all this needs to be enabled -it just states that in order to enable Audio Return Channel, the "HDMI Control" setting must be set to On. Under that same section are optional switches for Audio Return Channel, Power Control, and TV Control. Oh well... at least it works - and with TV control / Power on, it simplified things for WAF. Now she can use our Comcast Cable tv zapper for all on/all off AND volume control (albeit somewhat slow)! Power on of all seems to handshake faster too and never screw up - I guess due to the timing of everything coming on closer together. Nice
post #7736 of 8217
Quote:
Originally Posted by nalawod View Post

Thanks for confirming that it's not unique to my equipment. I've re-read the Onkyo manual and nothing states that all this needs to be enabled -it just states that in order to enable Audio Return Channel, the "HDMI Control" setting must be set to On. Under that same section are optional switches for Audio Return Channel, Power Control, and TV Control. Oh well... at least it works

Yeah, I'm not sure where I read it then. I generally do a bit of research around the net when I'm adding a device to my set up so I probably uncovered this info at that point.
post #7737 of 8217
Has any one had a problem with ATT Uverse losing the signal on HDMI. ATT Uverse is trying to say it is a chip compatibility issue. It worked fine for 5 months.
post #7738 of 8217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugout Doug View Post

I haven't been in this thread in a while, is there any posts that can tell me the content of this thread?

Settings for ISF?

I see a few HACK comments?

Any table of contents floating around?



Thanks!

This post has a ton of useful info: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...9#post21400219
post #7739 of 8217
Quote:
Originally Posted by nalawod View Post

Thanks for confirming that it's not unique to my equipment. I've re-read the Onkyo manual and nothing states that all this needs to be enabled -it just states that in order to enable Audio Return Channel, the "HDMI Control" setting must be set to On. Under that same section are optional switches for Audio Return Channel, Power Control, and TV Control. Oh well... at least it works - and with TV control / Power on, it simplified things for WAF. Now she can use our Comcast Cable tv zapper for all on/all off AND volume control (albeit somewhat slow)! Power on of all seems to handshake faster too and never screw up - I guess due to the timing of everything coming on closer together. Nice

I recently upgraded my receiver to a Yamaha model with ARC and HDMI control support. Works great except that the receiver won't come on automatically when I turn on the tv. It will turn OFF automatically, but not on. Are you saying that your receiver will turn on with the tv?
post #7740 of 8217
Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper91304 View Post

Has any one had a problem with ATT Uverse losing the signal on HDMI. ATT Uverse is trying to say it is a chip compatibility issue. It worked fine for 5 months.

Yep, and its not only with ATT, but with hd cable boxes too.
Its been a almost a year since I reported to LG. A tech came out
verified the problem, and said its up to LG Korea to fix the firmware.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official LG 47LW5600/55LW5600 "Passive 3D" Owners Thread