or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Official Panasonic 2011 TC-PxxST30 Thread [No Price Talk]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Panasonic 2011 TC-PxxST30 Thread [No Price Talk] - Page 190

post #5671 of 8439
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark62 View Post


im receiving my 2nd 60st30 in a couple of days... getting them thru amazon... they also have early builds, i was hoping id get a late build as a couple guys got oct. builds a week before my first one from the same warehouse, but no luck i got a may build. going back because of the pink...

I still can't believe I got a OCT build in Oct. From BB no less, even tho ordered on line. Imagine the odds of that happening. Not rubbing it in, just saying. Lol. Should've gone to Vegas that week.
post #5672 of 8439
So after 36 hours of slides the pulsing red pixel is no longer appearing (it was still consistently there the first few hours of slides). I'm wondering whether the fact that it was defective earlier is a sign that it's likely to return or fail in future. I have a fairly narrow return window, since I'm headed out of town for work and then the holidays at the end of next week. Anyone have experience with flashing defective pixels out of the box that resolved themselves, did they stay resolved or eventually return/fail?


Quote:
Originally Posted by niccolo View Post

I seem to be having bad luck with 60" ST30s. My first one had horizontal banding, presumably as a consequence of a badly applied filter. My second one had a small chunk of debris embedded in the screen under the glass, effect like a dead pixel but visible from viewing position. Just took delivery of my third one and it has a flashing red/pink pixel.

I'm guessing the flashing pixel will either continue flashing or turn into a dead pixel, is that right? I know dead pixels occur on a small percentage of TVs and are considered within spec, but I have sharp eyes and can see the flashing pixel from my viewing position, so I don't consider them acceptable.

Amazon has a great unconditional return policy but I'm getting tired of waiting around home for delivery guys, and I imagine Amazon is getting tired of spending a small fortune shipping TVs to me and back again. Even if I keep this up, I wonder if I get put on some kind of blacklist at Amazon eventually, most stores track returns and begin refusing them from certain "problem" customers after a while.

FYI, TV delivered today was a June 2011 build. Last month it was May build and month before that March build. Sounds like Amazon has a hefty inventory built up, which maybe explains why the price on this has dropped so low recently.
post #5673 of 8439
Is everyone getting the crazy pixel trailing or pixelation of moving objects?

I got my 60" ST from Amazon and have properly broke it in via slides. This is not my first plasma, and I returned a 60" S30 for this reason alone. I like the set so far, it looks good, but not amazing. I feel its a bit more from the source than the set itself. DirecTV doesn't look all that amazing, but I don't really expect it to.

My biggest issue with the set is the green blob in the middle of the set of course and the horrible pixelations I get on moving objects. Easiest way I can re-create it, is through the XBOX 360. In the XBOX menu, if you are on "my XBOX", and press right to pan through the options, there is REALLY bad pixelations/ trailing behind all the images moving. Its kind of like ghosting, but its the pixels, with various colors. Its super obvious when you move closer to the screen. It honestly looks terrible, and is just as bad as the S30. I see it in normal viewing, sports, pretty much anything. Its less during BD use, but is still there. And very visible in certain games. Any player in a football game wearing white has the trailing too. Trailing is very bad during hockey games as well ( I think due to the white background and fast moving objects). Seems to happen worst with bright/ white images. Does anyone else notice this?? It makes me want to return it and try a Samsung plasma.
post #5674 of 8439
call amazon and setup a return.
its a plasma, i have had a couple but am no expert and what you are seeing is not right, not for an lcd, led or plasma.

call amazon they WILL exchange it for you.

why even piss around with it, why cause yourself any headaches... just return or exchange it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyrmedic707 View Post

Is everyone getting the crazy pixel trailing or pixelation of moving objects?

I got my 60" ST from Amazon and have properly broke it in via slides. This is not my first plasma, and I returned a 60" S30 for this reason alone. I like the set so far, it looks good, but not amazing. I feel its a bit more from the source than the set itself. DirecTV doesn't look all that amazing, but I don't really expect it to.

My biggest issue with the set is the green blob in the middle of the set of course and the horrible pixelations I get on moving objects. Easiest way I can re-create it, is through the XBOX 360. In the XBOX menu, if you are on "my XBOX", and press right to pan through the options, there is REALLY bad pixelations/ trailing behind all the images moving. Its kind of like ghosting, but its the pixels, with various colors. Its super obvious when you move closer to the screen. It honestly looks terrible, and is just as bad as the S30. I see it in normal viewing, sports, pretty much anything. Its less during BD use, but is still there. And very visible in certain games. Any player in a football game wearing white has the trailing too. Trailing is very bad during hockey games as well ( I think due to the white background and fast moving objects). Seems to happen worst with bright/ white images. Does anyone else notice this?? It makes me want to return it and try a Samsung plasma.
post #5675 of 8439
I get nothing like that on my 55st30 with my Xbox. You've got something wrong with your set. Ate you using hdmi with the Xbox? Photo or graphics settings?
post #5676 of 8439
post #5677 of 8439
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Kramer View Post

I get nothing like that on my 55st30 with my Xbox. You've got something wrong with your set. Ate you using hdmi with the Xbox? Photo or graphics settings?

is it advisable to use Game Mode for xbox 360?
post #5678 of 8439
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfoltz View Post

Xbox menu with the 65ST30: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sFou3Z2LMc

I appreciate the video. Not saying you have to post another, but go to My Xbox, and scroll slowly from 1 selection to another. When I go from "my videos" to "my pictures" or 1 at a time, its when it happens. I wish I was at home so I could take my own video and hopefully show it. Wont be at home by tomorrow. Its the easiest way of reproducing it for me. Looks like I will be sending the set back, if not for this, for the green blob in the middle of the set. Do you HAVE to call Amazon, or can you set up a return through their website? I have never returned anything to them. Thanks for all the help guys.

Oh, and I am using an almost brand new Xbox via High speed HDMI. I have tried different cables, different brands etc. Happens via all sources. Not just Xbox.
post #5679 of 8439
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmightyBert View Post

New to the forum but I've been lurking for awhile. I've been looking to get a new TV for Christmas and decided to get the TC-P60ST30. I bought it off of Amazon and it was delivered to my house today. The panel was undamaged and it was an October build so I accepted it. Tonight while I was setting it up to run the D-Nice slides, I was attaching the stand and noticed that the holes on the back of the TV were way to large for the screws. Has anyone ran into this issue? I don't plan on using the stand but I wanted to make sure that I'm not missing something.

Thanks

An October build 60ST30? I think you are the first lucky one...
post #5680 of 8439
Well that's annoying. They say I have to take it to a shop to get the FBr fixed.
post #5681 of 8439
Well, Pilot just left the house and I'm more than a little po'd.

Two hours late, the tv was in the truck ALL day with temps in the 30's while exploring most of central Wisconsin and they wouldn't unpack it.

Guy said the box looks good, it needs to warm up first before plugging it in and they had more stops to make so they couldn't stick around. If somethings wrong, Amazon will replace it. Someone will be getting a call.

It's unpacked and it's an October build. Gonna wait 24hrs before I plug it in.


One question for now. Can I keep it in the bottom box and run the slides? I don't want to unpack the whole thing just in case.







BTW........I'm really excited!
post #5682 of 8439
marken waite till tomorrow to plug it in but in the mean time take the tv out of the box and set it up on stand and let it get room temp it will take a long time for it to warmp up. and anybody with a 42 inch i think panny wants you to take the tv to the local shop to have the fbr fixed they only come to the house whne its over 50 inchs
post #5683 of 8439
Quote:
Originally Posted by fyrmedic707 View Post

Is everyone getting the crazy pixel trailing or pixelation of moving objects?

I got my 60" ST from Amazon and have properly broke it in via slides. This is not my first plasma, and I returned a 60" S30 for this reason alone. I like the set so far, it looks good, but not amazing. I feel its a bit more from the source than the set itself. DirecTV doesn't look all that amazing, but I don't really expect it to.

My biggest issue with the set is the green blob in the middle of the set of course and the horrible pixelations I get on moving objects. Easiest way I can re-create it, is through the XBOX 360. In the XBOX menu, if you are on "my XBOX", and press right to pan through the options, there is REALLY bad pixelations/ trailing behind all the images moving. Its kind of like ghosting, but its the pixels, with various colors. Its super obvious when you move closer to the screen. It honestly looks terrible, and is just as bad as the S30. I see it in normal viewing, sports, pretty much anything. Its less during BD use, but is still there. And very visible in certain games. Any player in a football game wearing white has the trailing too. Trailing is very bad during hockey games as well ( I think due to the white background and fast moving objects). Seems to happen worst with bright/ white images. Does anyone else notice this?? It makes me want to return it and try a Samsung plasma.

I see exactly what your seeing on my 50ST30 when I use my xbox and it drives me nuts! I don't really notice it on anything but the xbox menu but once I saw it, really hard to not notice it. I haven't called panasonic about it just because I only notice it in that one instance. Still on the fence about it
post #5684 of 8439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marken View Post

Well, Pilot just left the house and I'm more than a little po'd.

Two hours late, the tv was in the truck ALL day with temps in the 30's while exploring most of central Wisconsin and they wouldn't unpack it.

Guy said the box looks good, it needs to warm up first before plugging it in and they had more stops to make so they couldn't stick around. If somethings wrong, Amazon will replace it. Someone will be getting a call.

It's unpacked and it's an October build. Gonna wait 24hrs before I plug it in.


One question for now. Can I keep it in the bottom box and run the slides? I don't want to unpack the whole thing just in case.







BTW........I'm really excited!

Hey, consider yourself lucky. I ordered a 46 Sunday night from Amazon with 2 night shipping. After missing the delivery window and not calling I was told that the tv had just arrived in Philly (my local Ceva distro) and I would have to call them tomorrow to reschedule. After that, the online tracking updated to show that my tv was actually in Harrisburg, I called again and was told that it was in Chicago and had to make a couple stops before Philly so next week was my earliest possibility. So basically I have no idea where my tv is or when I will get it, *sigh*. I'm going to be really heart broken if there's blobs.
post #5685 of 8439
Quote:
Originally Posted by youtaco View Post

Well that's annoying. They say I have to take it to a shop to get the FBr fixed.

The Panasonic rep I talked to said that they come and fix the FBr issue even with a 42" ST30

But then again this is also the same guy that said it's not possible to go into the Service Menu and said that the latest firmware fixes the FBr issue...
post #5686 of 8439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marken View Post

One question for now. Can I keep it in the bottom box and run the slides? I don't want to unpack the whole thing just in case.

BTW........I'm really excited!

Make sure to remove the plastic, and nothing should be touching the actual screen at all while running the slides. For whatever reason that can cause uneven aging.
Other than that, it should be ok... but plasmas put out a ton of heat, I'm not sure if it would be a good idea to keep it the box, unless you plan to give it breaks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by youtaco View Post

Well that's annoying. They say I have to take it to a shop to get the FBr fixed.

I think whoever you talked to is an idiot, you should call them back and try again with someone different.
post #5687 of 8439
Quote:
Originally Posted by You a busta CJ View Post


is it advisable to use Game Mode for xbox 360?

I do. I used a combination of DNice's settings and my own observations on spears and munsil for every mode. I always use game for the 360. I switch it up as far as the hdmi settings of photo, graphics, or off is concerned though. I'm playing skyrim, and modern warfare 3 and it's perfect.
post #5688 of 8439
Are there any folks in Ontario, Canada about to make the leap with an ST30?
post #5689 of 8439
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpc View Post

Are there any folks in Ontario, Canada about to make the leap with an ST30?

I did 2 weeks ago 50st30 , I've made comments about seeing motion artifacts in tv content . Still not sure though if it's Rogers or the tv. Other than that and the buzzing the tv is really nice, but I might exchange it if the motion artifacts continues . Btw I had panny update the firmware and not seeing any brightness pops...
post #5690 of 8439
Quote:
Originally Posted by g30v View Post

I did 2 weeks ago 50st30 , I've made comments about seeing motion artifacts in tv content . Still not sure though if it's Rogers or the tv. Other than that and the buzzing the tv is really nice, but I might exchange it if the motion artifacts continues . Btw I had panny update the firmware and not seeing any brightness pops...

My first instinct is that your Rogers is causing the artifacting. Try watching a blu-ray and see if it happens...
post #5691 of 8439
Quote:
Originally Posted by moshock View Post


My first instinct is that your Rogers is causing the artifacting. Try watching a blu-ray and see if it happens...

Ya think your spot on, watched dark knight and avatar couple days ago and no motion artifacta it's just I don't remember watching x factor on the samsung pnd550 and seeing the same artifacts. It's funny cuz tv content looked better on the Sammy but movies and 3D content look way better on the st30. Very happy with my st30 ..
post #5692 of 8439
Quote:
Originally Posted by g30v View Post


Ya think your spot on, watched dark knight and avatar couple days ago and no motion artifacta it's just I don't remember watching x factor on the samsung pnd550 and seeing the same artifacts. It's funny cuz tv content looked better on the Sammy but movies and 3D content look way better on the st30. Very happy with my st30 ..

What happened to your Sammy
post #5693 of 8439
Well, I ordered my 46ST30 from Amazon last weekend when they dropped the price 180 to match the Panny website. Price is now back up to about the same as the 50" (a little too big for my environment).

It's now Wednesday night and it still has not shipped. I think they sold a lot of sets with those BF/CM prices. I'm hoping that the people that ordered before me cleared out their old inventory and I get a new build. If true, it will be worth the wait.
post #5694 of 8439
Have had the set a few months and love it so far. Only issue I have is sometimes the skin textures in some scenes look very odd almost a smear effect on one part of their face and others it looks normal. Then at times I see no issues at all. It seems to happen more if there is a shadow over part of their face or if the skin is wet but it also happens at other times as well. Any advise?? Thanks..
post #5695 of 8439
Hi folks!
I bought a 42 inch ST30 from Paul's TV via Amazon,delivered yesterday. As I went to set it up I discovered that the bag which should have had the wireless LAN device + USB dongle had a hole in it, and there was only the dongle,no device.Somewhere between Paul's TV and my house someone stole the wireless adapter
I am hopefully getting a replacement from Paul's TV but would like to find an alternate source. However I cannot find the part number for this device anywhere in the manual or on the Panasonic site. The best I can find from the Panny International site is the part #DY-WL10PP-K but a search for this only turns up sources for #DY-WL10, same as the Blu Ray adapter,which is not listed as compatible with my TV.
Anyone ever replace this adapter? If so, what did you use and where did you get it?
TIA
Caroline
post #5696 of 8439
Panasonic Wireless LAN Adapter

Google N5HBZ0000055

There's some on eBay
post #5697 of 8439
Quote:
Originally Posted by g30v View Post

Ya think your spot on, watched dark knight and avatar couple days ago and no motion artifacta it's just I don't remember watching x factor on the samsung pnd550 and seeing the same artifacts. It's funny cuz tv content looked better on the Sammy but movies and 3D content look way better on the st30. Very happy with my st30 ..


Sounds like a good set, with the highest common denominator showing what the ST30 is capable of and your cable just being, well, cable
post #5698 of 8439
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozcot View Post

Have had the set a few months and love it so far. Only issue I have is sometimes the skin textures in some scenes look very odd almost a smear effect on one part of their face and others it looks normal. Then at times I see no issues at all. It seems to happen more if there is a shadow over part of their face or if the skin is wet but it also happens at other times as well. Any advise?? Thanks..

I haven't had a good chance to critically watch my GT30, but is it possible a noise reduction setting is on?
post #5699 of 8439
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukiebluedoc View Post

Hi folks!
I bought a 42 inch ST30 from Paul's TV via Amazon,delivered yesterday. As I went to set it up I discovered that the bag which should have had the wireless LAN device + USB dongle had a hole in it, and there was only the dongle,no device.Somewhere between Paul's TV and my house someone stole the wireless adapter
I am hopefully getting a replacement from Paul's TV but would like to find an alternate source. However I cannot find the part number for this device anywhere in the manual or on the Panasonic site. The best I can find from the Panny International site is the part #DY-WL10PP-K but a search for this only turns up sources for #DY-WL10, same as the Blu Ray adapter,which is not listed as compatible with my TV.
Anyone ever replace this adapter? If so, what did you use and where did you get it?
TIA
Caroline

You bought this new? Id be furious...
post #5700 of 8439
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyraw View Post


What happened to your Sammy

I was seeing a lot of crosstalk and blurry backgrounds in 3D gaming/movies that was bothering my eyes/giving me headaches. Also lots of brightness pops. Speaking of 3D gaming I've been playing uncharted 3 in 3D and man is it ever incredible..
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Plasma Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Official Panasonic 2011 TC-PxxST30 Thread [No Price Talk]