Originally Posted by JewDaddy
Wow. I didn't realize these companies care so little about their customers once they actually become their customer. Just sad.
I've really been laying the heat on this guy. I'm gonna call the actual repair center after I'm done with him. The way he's making it sound is their not coming out here Thursday to repair anything. The tech is coming out to only observe the problem and determine if my set is indeed defective. So it sounds like this tech guy will probably come out and give me a load of bs too. Damn, why do they make this process so difficult.
Its so they can keep profits high.
Yeah, I first got my taste of it when I got a new car.
Its a new model of business. I think its worse. And its quite common now.
Basically ford outsource their repair centers like a franchise. It has a different owner, and he is allowed to use the ford logo, ect, shirts, ect, and make it "LOOK LIKE" they are from ford, but they are really a separate entity.
The reason ford and others do it, is because it makes it cheaper to run ford. It makes the bottom line look better. You don't have to worry about dealing with customer complaints, and you can focus on just making cars, and not on repairs and warranties.
Basically, this second-tier company then has to make money themselves. YES - they are reimbursed by ford for spare parts and labor. Where they make their money is by carrying out services on cars like a normal mechanics.
However, they are almost ALWAYS more expensive. They rely on people saying (rationally, I might add) "Yeah, I will just get the car serviced where I get the warranty, and besides - its FORD!?! - They know what they are doing and I trust them
....its ah....not ford, and they want to rip you off. I have friends who do it (work there)
They are given a set number of items they can claim back from ford per month (this is to stop them from rigging the system, claiming 100 items when they only replaced 90, thus pocketing the difference).
But they are a business, and unfortunately the LESS replacements under waranty they have to do, the better. Whats disgusting about the cars too, is that not every single little thing is (apparently) "under warranty"
I do not know every single thing about cars, but I do know a fair bit about the falcon, BUT what ?IF? those bastards made me pay for something that should have been under warranty?
There are some real sharks out there. I.E a particular hose costs 100 bucks, but they said I have to pay for it even though its covered under warranty...the coversation goes like this (and he has done it 10 times this week) "Ok....this, this and this is under warranty, but sorry this item is not. We thought about slipping you one we already had set aside from the boss, but sorry, its not standard proceedure. Oh and this, IS under warranty (he says pointing to an item that everyone knows is).
You get the idea. They know how to work you over.
So guess what....I come away from a "warranty" service having to pay bloody 800 dollars!
I walked in saying "please only fix stuff under warranty"
Anyway, Ford probably underwrite them or something, but apparently its hard for these service centers to make money. Thats why they are so 'tight' when it comes to replacing. Plus you can't just replace everything....but they take it too far and deny replacement of genuine problems.
Anyway, its not just me, its everyone getting stung, and friends from the service center will tell you of memo's and people online will show you their experiences.
Its a bit of a rort.
---> Samsung would be no different. Its the only way now on a global scale/national scale or handling these issues - outsourcing.
I bet the technitian is on a strict pay-scale. ANY extra cent he can get out of you, he will.BTW, the standard proceedure is as follows, it seems
1. Receive call from customer. Complaint.
2. Suggest immediate low level fix for stated problem. "Turn down back light".
3. Reassure "don't worry, they all do that." (LMFAO thats how ford says it....dont worry, its "meant" to squeak/ the diff clunk is normal..... [yeah, right...]
4. Pay platitude. "we are so sorry! We will try and get it fixed." back to item 2.
5. Up until now, its just to get you to leave them alone. They 'want' to help you, but only if, they reason, you are a pesky customer, who is probably critical and fussy, and won't just take the item for what it is, only 90% good....if only you were like one of those who just accepts their lot.
6. You won't leave them alone, and/or you were not satisfied with the response until now. Ok. Suggest you get the set taken a look at. It costs bugger all to send someone out to look at it and talk to you face to face, whereby he can allay your fears. "I've seen worse" or "Yeah, you have a problem but I know how to sort it out without having to replace it, it'll save a lot of time." "Yeah, you havn't done x, have you? Did you lower the backlight?"
7. He gets there but the problem is either super genuine, or its just too big a problem to let slide. "I'm shocked! Thats atrocious. Quality control must have been asleep that day...."
8. Even so, he resists. "Well, I guess we can slip it in next week - if we're lucky. Let me see." Or "do you mind seeing if we can make the backlight reduction work, they usually come good because x....y....z" "Its a bad situation, but I tell you what, I have an old 303 laying around, and I KNOW ITS A GOOD ONE, I will wack that in. Good as new. " "I can get the new panel, but it may cost you a bit. "
Or worse yet "It looks pretty bad. I will have to talk to the technitians about a replacement....maybe you'll have it within 2 weeks."
9 Tentatively set something up. Depends how busy he is. Depends what he can get away with.
10 They never want to expend energy/effort to help you unless they have to.
Sorry if thats cynical, even comical, but its what I've seen with my own eyes across many industries.
Its pay platitudes and sympathies. Its throw you onto a tech who is a hard arse. He then delivers you the "bad news", and sometimes I swear they do it to make you mad, but they do not know if they are dealing with a guy who will stick up for himself and knows a little something about how things are done, or if they are dealing with a pushover.
Bastards. Just so samsung can keep investors happy, and so a technitian does not have to spend more time/money on you than he has to.
If he can get away with an extra few hundred this week, he will.
Of course, you have to stand there and have a poker face, not get upset and be polite but firm.