or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Samsung UNXXD8000 Owners' Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Samsung UNXXD8000 Owners' Thread - Page 278

post #8311 of 8436
Well atleast samsung is still agreeing to replace the panel. Just go through each step of the process and keep voicing your concerns if you are not happy. Dont get stuck with thinking upgrade or bust, you might get lucky and get a winner D8000 panel and not have to play the same ES8000 lottery.
post #8312 of 8436
I agree, but honestly, its not fair that others are offered replacements and refunds after their 1st attempt at repair, and some aren't. Everyone should be treated equally here. Samsung agree to fix my issues, so I really have no more beef with them, but I can't just sit back and watch them to do this to others. It's just not right!
post #8313 of 8436
If you guys got a refund, could you PM me your name and possibly your ticket number. I could use that in leverage/ justification for replacement.
post #8314 of 8436
Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalhousecats View Post

If you guys got a refund, could you PM me your name and possibly your ticket number. I could use that in leverage/ justification for replacement.

 



Hahaha...i wish i could have a refund with my UA60D8000 3D/HD LED display which just got kaput recently... and this is what Samsung has to say :

 

 

Quote:

I do not know how much this freight will cost you, but surely the cost of sending this TV over to Australia and then getting it back to you, would not be worth doing, it would surely be cheaper just to buy another TV???

 

samsung.jpg 16k .jpg file

 

 

Bullocks!!!

post #8315 of 8436
Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalhousecats View Post

If you guys got a refund, could you PM me your name and possibly your ticket number. I could use that in leverage/ justification for replacement.

 



Hahaha...i wish i could have a refund with my UA60D8000 3D/HD LED display which just got kaput recently... and this is what Samsung has to say :

 

 

Quote:

I do not know how much this freight will cost you, but surely the cost of sending this TV over to Australia and then getting it back to you, would not be worth doing, it would surely be cheaper just to buy another TV???

 

samsung.jpg 16k .jpg file

 

 

Bullocks!!!

post #8316 of 8436
2010 had it, now 2012 models are getting the Amazon Instant Video streaming, why did they skip 2011 models?
post #8317 of 8436
amazon posted an email address for feedback regarding vod + samsung: samsung-aiv-feedback@amazon.com

might as well let amazon know that d series owners are paying attention to these developments and would like an app of their own
post #8318 of 8436
Argh!!!! I now have a dead pixel. Worth to see if I can get a replacement or just live with it? My wife says she doesn't notice and I am being too anal about it lol.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
post #8319 of 8436
guys I have a tv channel 2 times stored in the tv memory and I want to delete one to not have any channel twice.
I don't know how to do it !
how can I delete one channel from the memory of the tv?
post #8320 of 8436
Quote:
Originally Posted by mondragon View Post

guys I have a tv channel 2 times stored in the tv memory and I want to delete one to not have any channel twice.
I don't know how to do it !
how can I delete one channel from the memory of the tv?

no one knows the answer to my question ?
frown.gif
post #8321 of 8436
Not to be rude, but I have no idea what you are trying to ask. Try to rephrase your question.
post #8322 of 8436
@mavinwow, you are not rude, but please excuse me that I'm not english native.

let's say that the HBO channel is preset on my remote control(and tv memory also) on channel no 1.
and also , HBO is preset on my remote control(and tv memory) an channel no 130.

so, it make non sense to have the HBO also on channle no 130 and I want to delete it from channel no 130 memory.
post #8323 of 8436
Wow. I didn't know this problem was widespread until now. I too am having trouble getting Samsung to replace my UNXXD6000 panel. They say the dark smudges are image retention (which is not covered by warranty so as they say?) when they're not even the same thing according to numerous local techs.

Keep on fighting the good fight! If there's a class action lawsuit, you can count me in.
post #8324 of 8436
I have the Samsung UN55D8000 and when I play any games on it, I use the Game Mode. It reduces lag big time but the picture/graphics suffer quite a bit. If I take off the game mode, the picture looks amazing but the lag is just too much.

So yesterday I went to a friends house and he put on Halo 4. He has an older LCD tv (also Samsung) and his picture was amazing with no lag. The game was so smooth. So I looked through his settings and he didn't have Game Mode on (for his tv it was called Entertainment Mode).

Essentially my question is, what kind of settings can I put in to my tv to get that same result, amazing picture with no lag? I'm gonna just do some trial and error today to fool with it, but any suggestions would be appreciated.
post #8325 of 8436
Quote:
Originally Posted by mondragon View Post

@mavinwow, you are not rude, but please excuse me that I'm not english native.
let's say that the HBO channel is preset on my remote control(and tv memory also) on channel no 1.
and also , HBO is preset on my remote control(and tv memory) an channel no 130.
so, it make non sense to have the HBO also on channle no 130 and I want to delete it from channel no 130 memory.

Enter to "Smart hub" and go to "Channel" you see all the channels you have registered, then go to the upper right icon whit the check boxes "Edit mode", mark the channel you want to delete and then go to bottom option "Delete".
Edited by JerryMX - 11/10/12 at 3:16am
post #8326 of 8436
Thank you Jerry.
It was a total mess on my channel list. it took me lot of time to put all the channel in the order I liked.

I'm just wondering, in your country , how many HD channels do you have from your cable provider ?
we have a total of 16 HD channels and around 85 digital channels provided by our cable company and I think that we should have at least 50 HD channels to be decent.
post #8327 of 8436
Wow after reading about all of the issues I feel so fortunate to have a perfectly working UN55D8000 biggrin.gif anyway can someone tell me if its possible to sort files in the video app?
post #8328 of 8436
Quote:
Originally Posted by mondragon View Post

Thank you Jerry.
It was a total mess on my channel list. it took me lot of time to put all the channel in the order I liked.
I'm just wondering, in your country , how many HD channels do you have from your cable provider ?
we have a total of 16 HD channels and around 85 digital channels provided by our cable company and I think that we should have at least 50 HD channels to be decent.

Im my country the cable company is really bad, Is less than 16 HD channels. and with bad video quality.
Edited by JerryMX - 11/18/12 at 12:56am
post #8329 of 8436
I have the same TV a UN55D800, The Bluetooth Module has gone bad, anyone know where on the TV it is located. I bought a new module and want to repair it myself.
post #8330 of 8436
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick71 View Post

I have the same TV a UN55D800, The Bluetooth Module has gone bad, anyone know where on the TV it is located. I bought a new module and want to repair it myself.

If you take the back off of the TV, it is in the corner. Very easy to replace on your own.
post #8331 of 8436
Thanks for the info, I will replace it this weekend, take some photos, and update this post should I have any helpful pointers.
post #8332 of 8436
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggzy32 View Post

I have the Samsung UN55D8000 and when I play any games on it, I use the Game Mode. It reduces lag big time but the picture/graphics suffer quite a bit. If I take off the game mode, the picture looks amazing but the lag is just too much.
So yesterday I went to a friends house and he put on Halo 4. He has an older LCD tv (also Samsung) and his picture was amazing with no lag. The game was so smooth. So I looked through his settings and he didn't have Game Mode on (for his tv it was called Entertainment Mode).
Essentially my question is, what kind of settings can I put in to my tv to get that same result, amazing picture with no lag? I'm gonna just do some trial and error today to fool with it, but any suggestions would be appreciated.

Use PC mode on your PS or Xbox input instead. You have more settings available and reduced lag.
post #8333 of 8436
Quote:
Originally Posted by i360 View Post

Use PC mode on your PS or Xbox input instead. You have more settings available and reduced lag.

Are you referring to the PC input on the TV? I'm fairly certain that gives you less settings to adjust, all the video processing options should be greyed, or unavailable all together on the PC input, some color options will also be unavailable, along with limited picture modes, you have standard and Entertain, which should be great for reducing lag, bad for PQ.
post #8334 of 8436
No, i'm referring to using the HDMI input for your PS3 or Xbox 360 but using the PC setting in options.
This reduces the lag but still leaves most of the PQ options open.
post #8335 of 8436
Hi,what setting did u changed to enable the router to connect to 5 ghz
post #8336 of 8436
Quote:
Originally Posted by i360 View Post

No, i'm referring to using the HDMI input for your PS3 or Xbox 360 but using the PC setting in options.
This reduces the lag but still leaves most of the PQ options open.
Found this thread through search feature.
Im having the same issues with gaming on ps3 using UN55D8000. Input lag while playing Black Ops II is a real problem. There is about a half second delay.
Tried the following:

Normal HDMI input = lag around half a second
HDMI input with PC label = lag around quarter of a second (screen looks very washed out poor image quality even 1:1)
HDMI input with Game label = lag around quarter of a second (image quality still takes a hit but not as bad as PC)
Normal HDMI with Game mode = no lag (screen looks terrible everything is grey and washed out even after adjusting all the settings)
HDMI input with Game label and Game Mode = no lag (screen looks just as bad as Normal hdmi with game mode)

Conclusion, game mode makes the set look terrible...pc mode looks terrible and still has lag and im not nit picking...talking about looking left or right and having a delay of half a second in the game so you dont turn right away and you dont stop turning once you take your hand off the controls.


How can this be resolved besides using game mode and having things look like poo. (Dont tell me to buy monster cables :P ) Ive read VGA will reduce the lag but it will probably look just as poor as HDMI in PC mode....Very frustrating. My brother owns the UN55ES6500 and has no input lag issues without game mode! In fact his seems to be even more vibrant and colors pop when game mode is enabled!
post #8337 of 8436
Am I the only one that doesn't get lag? Well only on Zen pinball did I have to turn on game mode but it didn't make it look horrible. Game mode just turns off a bunch of the image settings which create the lag.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
post #8338 of 8436
Quote:
Originally Posted by upstate-avfan-da View Post

Am I the only one that doesn't get lag? Well only on Zen pinball did I have to turn on game mode but it didn't make it look horrible. Game mode just turns off a bunch of the image settings which create the lag.
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Same here, game mode looks fine to me as well, lag is miniumal, BD's even look good with game mode on. I wouldn't think game mode would affect the color but only the various video processing modes. while this could translate into some pixalation, I'm not sure of the total affects, exaclty, since i"m not haveing the issues. Haven't played Blackops 2, but black Ops1 plays and looks great, even in 3d multplayer. I'm been playiing BF3 the past year with out issue.
post #8339 of 8436
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbailey75 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstate-avfan-da View Post

Am I the only one that doesn't get lag? Well only on Zen pinball did I have to turn on game mode but it didn't make it look horrible. Game mode just turns off a bunch of the image settings which create the lag.
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Same here, game mode looks fine to me as well, lag is miniumal, BD's even look good with game mode on. I wouldn't think game mode would affect the color but only the various video processing modes. while this could translate into some pixalation, I'm not sure of the total affects, exaclty, since i"m not haveing the issues. Haven't played Blackops 2, but black Ops1 plays and looks great, even in 3d multplayer. I'm been playiing BF3 the past year with out issue.

BF3 here as well without using game mode. Black Ops 2 in 3D as well. I do face lag in rock band, game mode solves it. Game mode will not affect colors, turns off image processing settings so "jaggies" will be more apparent, but not a horrible change.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
post #8340 of 8436
Does anyone else have an intermittent power cycling issue? I can have the TV on for 5 minutes or hours and it will randomly click off and then come right back on? I haven't noticed it when playing Xbox 360 but it happens on the TV. The strange thing about that is that both sources are hooked up through my HK AVR 247 receiver and output via one HDMI cable, so I don't think that's the issue. I believe it's still under warranty so I'll contact Samsung unless there's some obvious answer I don't know about.

Thanks everyone!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Samsung UNXXD8000 Owners' Thread