Originally Posted by jrgriff
LSS (long story short) - On Sat. 2/28 I took the plunge signup for switching from Cox to AT&T U-verse. On Fri. 3/13 the install went fairly smooth about 6 hours, for 7 TV's (3 of them HD), 1-Desk, 1-laptop. Promptly returned all my Cox eqt. Then later that night, when I found out I could not get 2-HD feeds, only 1. Call tech support and stated I needed to talk to Sales-Dept.
Next day went back to my local AT&T store (21st & Maize), talked to the same sales-person, that spoke with tech-support. I'm too far away to get 2-HD feeds/streams. Ohhh I was so pissed, upon signing-up I double confirmed that I would getting 2 HD-feeds. The install tech never once mention only having 1 HD, had I known I was only set for 1 - I would have stopped the install right that second.
Plus they (tech-support) could not get a distance read on my modem. Later that afternoon, I find out I have a dead battery on a brand UPS for the modem they installed. So for the weekend I had no services (TV, Internet, phone) at all.
Tomorrow Monday 3/16, tech is suppose to be out to fix the battery. And I'm having my wife double confirm - that 2 HD feeds is not possible.
With Cox I paid more, but I had 3 HD boxes and 1 or 2 w/ recording services, and I believe the HD picture was better.
Any advice, suggestions etc. ??
~JimG, Peed off on the West side.
Those of you who might be interested in my U-verse adventure, Update -- I knew making the switch on Fri. 3/13 might not be a good idea !!
* Due to a bad battery on an installed UPS, we had NO (phone, Net, TV)services this w/e (uhggg). As the tech-guy did not leave behind a alternate plug to bypass the UPS and go straight into house-power.
* Per AT&T source (Billy), I/we should be getting a 2nd HD feed mid-April timeframe. Yaaa!!
* Per AT&T field tech. (Julie), update later this year, should to be able to setup to record from any set-top in the house (great). As it is right now you can that from the TV where your DVR resides or via Internet. Also Caller-ID via TV is coming.
* I have not been able to get the same answer on how much storage time is on the DVR. I've gotten (1) 130-hours/HD, (2) 20 HD & 130 SD, (3) 40 hours (4) Unlimted cuz it IP driven. So I have no idea how much record I actually have.
* Note: you can manage your home recording via the AT&T Web Remote Access, this work real great & is a very cool feature.
* You suppose to also be able to do the same via phone, but I have not played with that one.
* I really like being able to record on 1 DVR, & view from any TV -- this was one of my main reasons for jumping to U-verse. Watch HD movies in the basement HT, catch up on new/shows during my lunch hour etc etc.
* I'm working on getting some monetary compensation for my troubles. Making the switch to AT&T on bad 2-HD feed info.
** For now I will stick with the AT&T setup -- see how it all works out. Tons of channels choices!!!
** I may have to investigate a SlingBox for when I'm traveling ;o) Dang I love new technology (sometimes).