- categoryBlu Ray Playerstagged by System, 6/28/12
- productJVC DLA-X70 Projectortagged by System, 6/28/12
- brandSonytagged by System, 6/28/12
- productSony BDP-BX58 Blu-ray Disc Player 3D Built-in Wirelesstagged by System, 6/28/12
- productSony BDP-S580 Blu-ray Disc Player (Black)tagged by System, 6/28/12
Related Forum Threads
- Official Sony BDP-S780 Thread Last post on 12/5/13 at 10:30am in Blu-ray Players
- "Unable t connect to Netflix" Last post on 3/3/13 at 12:35pm in Blu-ray Players
- Amazon Instant Video vs. Netflix Quality Last post on 3/15/13 at 1:43pm in Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion
- Official LG 47LM8600/55LM8600 Owners Thread Last post on Yesterday at 8:14 am in LCD Flat Panel Displays
- Official 2012 Sony BDP-S790 Thread Last post on 3/5/14 at 8:24pm in Blu-ray Players
Sony BDP-BX58 and BDP-S580 Owner's Thread-all questions/comments belong here - Page 27
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Yeah, I am, because often when I realist I can't watch on there I switch right to my laptop to watch it there, haha.
Have you tried unplugging the player for at least 30 seconds? Supposedly this should reset it. I also see that the possibility of un-registering and then re-registering the player might help. Have you tried either of these? If all else fails I would suggest a factory reset, then you would know for sure if it's the player.
I actually just moved, so the player was unplugged for over a week. I'll try the re-registering thing tonight or tomorrow. Thanks a bunch guys, this has been bugging the hell out of me for a while, here.
No mention of Cinavia on the download page: http://www.sony.com.au/support/download/490536
Am currently on M07.R.0263. iView and DLNA working well, but codecs not working for a number of files.
I know 0624 has cinavia, and M07.R.0579 is clean, but I can no longer find the asia-pacific version of that online. Anyone have a copy or link please?
I don't actually use pirate discs as such, but will cinavia affect playing my own DVD/BD rips from hard drive?
I'm using Netflix on the Sony BDP-BX58 and I can't find out how to change the audio options (switching between stereo and 5.1) or the language options (switching to an English dub when watching a foreign video that has the option).
I know for a fact that the options exist because I've made use of them on my other Sony blu-ray player (and it was very easy, it was right there to access when I select the video), but after looking through all the menus and trying everything I can think of on the BDP-BX58 (fyi: the audio and subtitle buttons on the remote do nothing when watching Netflix streaming) I have reached my limit and I'm extremely irritated at this horrible design.
Does anyone know how to change the audio and language on a Netflix streaming video on this damn thing?
DVD output fine but no Blu-Ray OutputHas anyone run across this before? Probably something silly...
I have a Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray player that I've used for DVDs for over a year - just recently tried to play some blu-ray discs and getting a "Cannot Operate this Disc" error. I know the discs are fine and the player says the updates are current.
Thanks in advance for the help!
Yep - the DVDs work fine, just not the blu-ray discs. Did a factory reset but same thing.
Evidently a defective unit and unfortunately I didn't test the blu-ray side of things immediately after purchase, as I didn't have any discs at that point. A valuable lesson learned to always fully test all facets of any new gear, whether you plan on using right away or not.
Some have had success after cleaning the laser, so I disassembled and cleaned, then reassembled - same thing. I'll just keep for DVD music discs, etc, but always liked Sony TVs so it's disappointing.
Has anyone upgraded to the EU version MR.7.0624?
I updated mine when prompted last night and now the whole player is screwed.
It started when we started to watch a Blue Ray after the update. The screen would keep going blank during playback and the TV would put up the no signal message and then it would pop back in and we would get image for 30 seconds and then it would disappear again. I turned the machine off at the wall. Bad idea.
On booting I always see the boot screen on the TV but as soon as it goes into the Home menu all visual output disappears 9/10 times. On the 1/10 boot I can see something (only on my Sony TV not others and only if plugged into HDMI Port 1 ARC port) I see the menu. Try to play a DVD and Blue Ray image disappears counter for playback goes up to about 7 seconds then goes back to 0 and sits there forever. And then I am back in the death spiral of turn off at mains wait 1 minute turn back on wait for boot screen to disappear and hope I get a menu.
1) Checking the cables on the existing TV non-Sony.
2) A different TV (Sony) with a different HDMI cable - Same results apart from the one boot in 10.
3) Creating the boot CD in case it was a bad update and reflashing but it just tells me already updated when it reads the CD.
4) Full factory reset.
I notice in the patch notes it also says once you go to 0624. you cannot downgrade.
What to do.!?
Edited by jockmacmad - 1/8/14 at 7:42am
If anyone knows where I can download some custom firmware or get it email me email@example.com
Figure out some other device to use to play your files.
- Sony BDP-BX58 and BDP-S580 Owner's Thread-all questions/comments belong here
- › Who wants to see the Inuke12000DSP tested? 4 seconds ago
- › subwoofers 15 seconds ago
- › NetFlix RedBox BD's Without DTS-HD Master Audio / DD 5.1 Instead 21 seconds ago
- › The 'Official' 2013 Denon "E Series" / "X Series" AVR Model Owner's... 35 seconds ago
- › Panasonic ZT60 Deals... 58 seconds ago
- › BIC F12 in the DFW Area 1 minute ago
- › Optoma HD131Xe, HD (1080p), 2500 ANSI Lumens, 3D-Home Theater... 1 minute ago
- › TitanFall (EA/Respawn, PC/XB1/360, Spring 2014, Game Informer Leak 1 minute ago
- › Official Panasonic VT60/VT65 Series Discussion Thread [No Street... 1 minute ago
- › Buying a home and there are no cable outlets in any room 1 minute ago
- › LG Electronics NB3530A Sound Bar with Wireless Subwoofer and Bluetooth by zerolimit
- › Polk Audio RTI A7 Floorstanding Speaker (Single, Cherry) by mdaleavs
- › Microvision SHOWWX+ HDMI Laser Pico Projector (AA0123600-020) by enjoi7
- › Xbox One Console - Day One Edition by ajones13
- › PlayStation 4 Console by BenMonkey
- › Behringer B215XL Passive Speaker Pair by imagic
- › Atari 5200 - Video Game Console (System) by PGTweed
- › XBOX Console by PGTweed
- › Xbox One Console- Standard Edition by jstumbler
- › Gamecube Console Platinum by PGTweed
- › Academy Award Winners & Nominees on Blu-ray by skehoe
- › Game Console Review Contest by Scott Wilkinson
- › Best Blu-rays for Your Valentine's Day... by skehoe
- › Vizio and Sony Impress, Curved Screens... by Scott Wilkinson
- › AVS Buying Guide Central by skehoe
- › Soundbar Review Contest by SocialCapital
- › AVS Forum's Top 9 LCD TVs by Scott Wilkinson
- › AVS Forum's Top 10 Powered Soundbars by skehoe
- › AVS Forum's Top 8 Low-Cost... by skehoe
- › AVS Forum's Top 6 Streaming Media Players by skehoe