Originally Posted by hmunster2
I have some specific questions regarding this receiver and its operation in zone 2. I am only interested in having the same source signal for both main and zone 2.
1) will it send a digital signal to zone 2?
2) if using ipad2 and listening to Pandora, will the Airplay received signal be distributed to zone2 (since it is digital).
3) Does this receiver receive internet radio stations-also, if so, how can you navigate them?
I am on the fence between this receiver and the new Denon 3312 CI (much more $), but from the Denon manual states it will pass a digital signal to
I tried to use a new apple tv to stream audio from ipad2 and if you used the pad to surf, the audio would constantly dropout-hope that won't happen with these receivers.
1) Yes-at least it will send the airplay signal to zone 2. See the first three pages for more. It is not completely intuitive how to activate Zone 2 (I used the pioneer ipad app). I have not tried sending another digital source to zone 2 (like xbox or BR audio) yet.
2) Yes, this works great from ipad, iphone 3GS and ipod touch 4. Note that the ipad pandora app does not have an airplay icon yet. To activate, you start music from the ipod app in the ipad, select VSX-1021 as your output. stop the music and launch pandora. Not great but I would assume pandora will eventually have an airplay icon in their ipad app.
3) I think it can receive internet radio-but have not played around with it. When you are at the HMG input (home media gallery) there is an OSD. I just haven't played with it much. This is also where you can use the DLNA functionality.
In terms of playing say pandora on the ipad while surfing, I've had mixed results. Most of the time it works, but I've had pandora complete stop playing. I think it has to do with the poor multitasking in iOS plus poor bandwidth mgmt in the ipad's network stack.