or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › Pioneer VSX-1021 Owners' Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pioneer VSX-1021 Owners' Thread - Page 77

post #2281 of 2664
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afroteddy View Post

Maybe you could mount a USB powered case fan over the receiver to make air flow.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...ake-_-35106140

This may be what I've been looking for!! I think this is also what allen was referring to. I think this will circulate the air inside the cabinet, and force the air out of the hole where I have all the wires coming in. Also, I can leave the cabinet doors cracked a little bit to let the hot air out. Thanks!
post #2282 of 2664
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladerunner6 View Post


Search on eBay for the microphone, they are available there.

The remote might be available there too, although it might be pricey.

I was wondering if any mic that fit the jack would work. I think the original mic is pricey too. I agree with others here that the remote is not what it should've been. You might wanna consider a referb Harmony 300 remote.
post #2283 of 2664
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afroteddy View Post

I was wondering if any mic that fit the jack would work. I think the original mic is pricey too. I agree with others here that the remote is not what it should've been. You might wanna consider a referb Harmony 300 remote.

Just a reminder that the 300 controls only four devices; I have one in the BR, but got the 650 for the LR, where I have five (and soon will have six) gizmos to control.
post #2284 of 2664
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhregis View Post

I have all my components inside a wooden cabinet in the living room. It obviously gets pretty hot in there. Does anybody have any experience with a cooling fan of some sort? The 1021 gets pretty hot as well as the DVR.
Other ideas are welcomed!

Thanks

I had the same problem. I used the item below. It plugs into the usb port on the back of the 1021. It's switched so it only turns on when the receiver is powered on. It doesn't make much noise and I can't hear it anyway since the speakers are normally playing something.

http://www.coolerguys.com/840556090588.html
post #2285 of 2664
Quote:
Originally Posted by apaulct View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntstrub View Post

I tried searching this thread for an answer to my problem, but didn't see it. If this is a repost, I apologize.

I have a Samsung plasma tv, xbox 360, computer, and panasonic blu-ray player connected to my pioneer vsx-1021-k receiver via hdmi. I don't have cable; I only receive local tv via over-the-air, which is connected to the tv (working on getting it setup through my computer instead so I can dvr with WMC).

The problem I'm having with my pioneer is that when I try to switch from my TV source to my blu-ray, xbox, or computer source I lose video. The receiver shows hdmi, but it's not picking up the video. Sometimes I would get sound, but this morning I'm not getting anything. The only way I've been able to fix it so far is by unplugging the receiver for awhile and then plugging it back in. However, this morning that didn't work. TV is still doing fine; just seems like none of my other sources are working. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

My HDMI Setup settings are as follows:
Control _ ON
Control Mode _ ALL
Display Power Off _ YES
Standby Through _ Eco
TV AUDIO _ Normal

Thanks in advance!

-Nathan

^^^
First thing I would try is turning off hdmi control on all devices. That will determine if hdmi control is the cause of your issue.

Thanks for the reply. I've tried turning hdmi control off on every device, but it hasn't changed anything. Some days it works, but most it doesn't without me having to unplug the power for 5-10 minutes. I've done some more testing and it appears to be just my hdmi sources; all other sources switch and work fine. I've tried different hdmi cables too, but that didn't help. Calling pioneer is useless since they just direct you to a service center, and the service centers won't do any over-the-phone diagnosis. Looks like I'll be digging for a receipt and stripping my system down to get it looked at...though I'm seriously considering just returning it instead since this hdmi problem is only one of many I'm having. Anyway, thanks again for the reply.
post #2286 of 2664
Well, I woke up this morning, went to turn on my system with my Harmony remote and everything turned on but my pioneer 1021 receiver. I figured the remote just missed it as happens sometimes but no. I pressed the power button on the receiver and nothing. No lights, no click...nothing. Even unplugged it and changed outlets. Pioneer is closed on the weekends and I'm sure through Monday since its a holiday weekend. Anybody know what their warranty replacement policy is like? I have company coming next weekend and would like a working receiver. How annoying!
post #2287 of 2664
Quote:
Originally Posted by fotomatt1 View Post

Well, I woke up this morning, went to turn on my system with my Harmony remote and everything turned on but my pioneer 1021 receiver. I figured the remote just missed it as happens sometimes but no. I pressed the power button on the receiver and nothing. No lights, no click...nothing. Even unplugged it and changed outlets. Pioneer is closed on the weekends and I'm sure through Monday since its a holiday weekend. Anybody know what their warranty replacement policy is like? I have company coming next weekend and would like a working receiver. How annoying!

How old is the unit?

Is it still under the manufacturer's warranty or a credit card warranty?
post #2288 of 2664
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afroteddy View Post

Can I play and charge my android phone/tablet with the USB port? Front and back ports?

Can anyone give my any info on this? They are just USB ports right? I bought an MHL->HDMI adapter for my phone and wanted to power it with the USB port in the back of the unit.
post #2289 of 2664
help... i have a hdmi out from my receiver to my tv and i cant get my receiver to push any HDMI or component connections to the tv. what is weird. i hve the lan/ethernet attached and when i go to the home gallery, it pushes the video to the tv for me to listen on the internet radio.

i cant get why none of my hdmi connections or component is not being sent over to my tv via hdmi.

help
post #2290 of 2664
Quote:
Originally Posted by fotomatt1 View Post

Well, I woke up this morning, went to turn on my system with my Harmony remote and everything turned on but my pioneer 1021 receiver. I figured the remote just missed it as happens sometimes but no. I pressed the power button on the receiver and nothing. No lights, no click...nothing. Even unplugged it and changed outlets. Pioneer is closed on the weekends and I'm sure through Monday since its a holiday weekend. Anybody know what their warranty replacement policy is like? I have company coming next weekend and would like a working receiver. How annoying!

You have to take it to an authorized repair facility and they'll troubleshoot it and if they have the parts they fix it. If they don't they'll order them.
My 1021 had the same issue and three weeks later I finally received a new 1021.
post #2291 of 2664
Quote:
Originally Posted by harpo1 View Post


You have to take it to an authorized repair facility and they'll troubleshoot it and if they have the parts they fix it. If they don't they'll order them.
My 1021 had the same issue and three weeks later I finally received a new 1021.

My problem is that I live in NYC and there isn't even a repair facility in manhattan. There's really no way for me to get the unit to a facility in another boro as, like many NYers, I don't have a car. They'll just have to send a replacement. That will be Tuesdays nightmare I guess.
post #2292 of 2664
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladerunner6 View Post


How old is the unit?

Is it still under the manufacturer's warranty or a credit card warranty?

Manufacturers warranty. It's 5 months old.
post #2293 of 2664
Quote:
Originally Posted by fotomatt1 View Post

My problem is that I live in NYC and there isn't even a repair facility in manhattan. There's really no way for me to get the unit to a facility in another boro as, like many NYers, I don't have a car. They'll just have to send a replacement. That will be Tuesdays nightmare I guess.

They won't send a replacement. I had to drive 50 miles to the repair facility or send it to them on my dime.
post #2294 of 2664
Quote:
Originally Posted by harpo1 View Post


They won't send a replacement. I had to drive 50 miles to the repair facility or send it to them on my dime.

I gotta tell ya, poor customer service is one of the main reasons I'm not picking a Pioneer again. They are very un-customer friendly when you have even minor issues or questions.
post #2295 of 2664
Have DirecTV HR21 input via HDMI to VSX-1021-K, output via HDMI to Sony BraviaXBR TV. TV does not support "Control with HDMI," nor ARC, so both set to off in VSX. TV sound output via optical to VSX for OTA channels. Worked fine 2/1/12 to 3/31/12. Then sound would go off sometimes when DirecTV source changed from HD to SD (such as a commercial) or after changing DirecTV channels. Could sometimes restore sound by turning VSX off/on (but not always), changing channels, unplugging from wall, etc. Later, VSX would respond strangely to volume control after sound went off, such as coming back on loudly at -75 db (say) setting, but go off again with a 0.5 db change; or come back on but not respond to volume control. DirecTV box set to output only 1080i with "Native" off. Do you see any problems with this setup? Is there a conflict between HDMI sound from DirecTV box and TV sound coming back to VSX via optical? Is there some selection that needs to be made with the remote to keep sound from going off? Thanks for your advice.
post #2296 of 2664
any experience the sound spiking up and down when watching cable tv... if so.. can we fix this? seeing this after running my cable box into the receiver
post #2297 of 2664
I guess getting a copy of this CD is the next step after plugging in my 1021. Any suggestions where I might find one?

LowGear
post #2298 of 2664
Hi everybody, last month I bought a vsx-1021-k, setup is with a qnap server which stores music, and a netgear router. There is problem with airplay - there are stutters whilst playing music, it even stopped playing music. I then link it up with appletv, that is, use airplay of appletv, it works, but sound quality is downgraded. It is with up to date firmware. Can anybody help me to solve it ? Thanks a lot
post #2299 of 2664
^^^

sound quality isn't degraded by using the atv...

the stuttering/stopping is almost certainly network related...
post #2300 of 2664
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccotenj View Post

^^^

sound quality isn't degraded by using the atv...

the stuttering/stopping is almost certainly network related...

Hi Ccotenj

I'm using a router netgear wnr3500l and cat-6 cable. As to app, i'm using plugplayer. I tried icontrolav2 and mediaconnect, experienced same problems, worse is with flac formatted music. I tried increasing buffer or timeout values as long as these apps have such fields provided for change. Can you help me ? Thanks a lot
post #2301 of 2664
Well I'v done some reading through a search of this thread regarding zone 2 for this receiver and would just like to confirmation of my conclusion.

So here is my setup, I have the 1021 in my living room, 7.1. I just finished my deck and purchased some outdoor speakers and would like to wire them up to the 1021. My issue appears to be that I will only be able to run the speakers through the b channel, meaning I cannot use zone 2, is this true?

If this is true it's a bit of a disappointment, would be nice to use the other sources on the receiver in the house using the tv while enjoying some music outside.
post #2302 of 2664
^^^

if you hook up your sources with analog (in addtion to your existing digital connections), you will be able to send them to zone 2...
post #2303 of 2664
^^^
Your research is correct. The 1021 can power 7 speakers, either 7.1 or 5.1 + zone 2. There is another option but it requires an external amplifier ... the 1021 has zone 2 line output. I use this into an old amp (circa 1970) for my deck speakers while still running 6.1 in my tv room.
post #2304 of 2664
^^^

yup... i assumed ( ) that he would have an amp in zone 2...
post #2305 of 2664
^^^

yes...
post #2306 of 2664
Quote:
Originally Posted by apaulct View Post

^^^
Your research is correct. The 1021 can power 7 speakers, either 7.1 or 5.1 + zone 2. There is another option but it requires an external amplifier ... the 1021 has zone 2 line output. I use this into an old amp (circa 1970) for my deck speakers while still running 6.1 in my tv room.

Are you able to control the volume with the amp on zone 2? thanks
post #2307 of 2664
^^^
Not with the external amp setup. The volume must be controlled by amp. Line out provides a constant level.
post #2308 of 2664
Quote:
Originally Posted by apaulct View Post

^^^
Your research is correct. The 1021 can power 7 speakers, either 7.1 or 5.1 + zone 2. There is another option but it requires an external amplifier ... the 1021 has zone 2 line output. I use this into an old amp (circa 1970) for my deck speakers while still running 6.1 in my tv room.

Thanks for the info. I guess my search for a "small" (physical size), inexpensive amp has started, suggestions anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by apaulct View Post

^^^
Not with the external amp setup. The volume must be controlled by amp. Line out provides a constant level.

That's a bit of a let down, but at least it'll solve my zone 2 woes.
post #2309 of 2664
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL007 View Post

Hi everybody, last month I bought a vsx-1021-k, setup is with a qnap server which stores music, and a netgear router. There is problem with airplay - there are stutters whilst playing music, it even stopped playing music. I then link it up with appletv, that is, use airplay of appletv, it works, but sound quality is downgraded. It is with up to date firmware. Can anybody help me to solve it ? Thanks a lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL007 View Post

I'm using a router netgear wnr3500l and cat-6 cable. As to app, i'm using plugplayer. I tried icontrolav2 and mediaconnect, experienced same problems, worse is with flac formatted music. I tried increasing buffer or timeout values as long as these apps have such fields provided for change. Can you help me ? Thanks a lot

Not sure I understand your setup. Are you using an iOS device to connect to the qnap server then output your music to the 1021 via airplay? What iOS device are you using, are you sure it has the horsepower to do this?
post #2310 of 2664
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertw11 View Post

Thanks for the info. I guess my search for a "small" (physical size), inexpensive amp has started, suggestions anyone?

Your welcome, Robert. Sorry, I can't help you with a small, inexpensive amp. I had an old Lafayette stereo receiver stored in the basement that served the purpose ... not small, about the same size as the 1021, but didn't cost anything
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Receivers, Amps, and Processors
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › Pioneer VSX-1021 Owners' Thread