Well put me in the very satisfied so far category. Couple of caveats/notes:
Tech level: low to medium
Setup: Fairly straightforward. I am using this only for audio - no video or monitors attached. Basically using for main floor and outdoor audio. Have speakers wired to each room and using "ext stereo setting" to distribute sound equally (this is not for HQ listening but instead for ambient music/radio, outdoors, etc). Connected via LAN and recognized immediately by network. A bit tricky with no monitor to set up but install disc was reasonably helpful (antiquated looking interface, but who cares)
1) The Pioneer AV control app is pretty elegant. Using HP media server to store and stream itunes library. Recognized immediately and streams without audio hiccups. The glossy interface more than makes up for the install disc, and this is the one that counts. I can't say for sure of course without owning but from what i could gather this is a better offering than from denon or other airplay equipped receiver apps.
2) OK - this is where my noob status comes in but only today figured out how to stream anything from ipad. For the those in the same boat: I was trying to do this from the AV control app without success. First open itunes on ipad. Click on airplay icon and set to VSX 1021. Exit itunes then open pandora, internet radio apps, npr and voila in a few seconds I was listening to eddie vedder playing the ukele. Its pretty darn cool. You can then open the Pioneer app to control receiver settings.
1) You can't A/B switch from the ipad. Small hassle but maybe will be able to be upgraded via firmware.
2) You can set up for a Zone 2 or set of B speakers but not both. For me I chose the B set up b/c it allowed me to wire more rooms total.
3) For larger libraries the AV control app can be fairly clunky (e.g trying to find a specific song or group can be a chore). While I am sure this is in part a fault of the streaming client, a search or shuffle function would be a welcome upgrade.
All in all, for $500 it allowed me to do what has been a holy grail for some time. Use the ipad to send music and radio throughout the entire house with no wires or equipment in sight.