or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers › Official Chase Home Theater Owners Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Chase Home Theater Owners Thread - Page 10

post #271 of 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudda View Post

Exactly. That bold print statement has nothing to do with what will be reality and everything to do with selling off remaining stock at retail prices. He had one guy ask about price reductions and stated things are "already at rock bottom prices." If buyers assumed (correctly) that the seven year warranty won't be in force for its term, they'd want the stuff practically for free.
Chris

I don't know about that though, I bought some eD cinema speakers before the company went belly up and I have no fear at all that anything will go wrong with them, in fact I recently bought another pair used so I could go to 7.1. Speakers like this have such a high sensitivity that you don't have to push them very hard so I bet they will last a very long time with no problems. Amps are another story of course...
post #272 of 830
Plus the main components are readily available at parts-express, if you happen to blow a woofer or compression driver.

Edit: speaking of CHT speakers - may not be the case with eD.
Edited by Brad Horstkotte - 11/8/12 at 10:21am
post #273 of 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post

I don't know about that though, I bought some eD cinema speakers before the company went belly up and I have no fear at all that anything will go wrong with them, in fact I recently bought another pair used so I could go to 7.1. Speakers like this have such a high sensitivity that you don't have to push them very hard so I bet they will last a very long time with no problems. Amps are another story of course...

Would you have bought the eD's for retail if you knew they were going under? I'd venture to say most would not. I hope your speakers don't have any problems or if they do, that you have driver and crossover specs just in case.

Chris
post #274 of 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMK! View Post

Despite the bold print statement, when someone closes up shop and sells off the parts inventory that could make providing warranty support a little difficult, don't you think? ... Do you think?

I'm not sure, as I don't have significant insights into how the business works.

However, if I were to take an offhand guess, it would seem as though warranty support on Craig's part could mostly be a matter of acting as an intermediary between his suppliers and his customers. I assume that he gets some sort of warranty/guarantee from Eminence for example for the drivers he purchased from them.
post #275 of 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve1981 View Post

I'm not sure, as I don't have significant insights into how the business works.
However, if I were to take an offhand guess, it would seem as though warranty support on Craig's part could mostly be a matter of acting as an intermediary between his suppliers and his customers. I assume that he gets some sort of warranty/guarantee from Eminence for example for the drivers he purchased from them.

Of course none of us have the real story as to what happened here but i think that Chu Gai's lengthy summation above is probably pretty close to spot on.

I'm sure CC will do what he can to help out any customer with warranty issues.
post #276 of 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMK! View Post

Of course none of us have the real story as to what happened here but i think that Chu Gai's lengthy summation above is probably pretty close to spot on.
I'm sure CC will do what he can to help out any customer with warranty issues.

Agreed.
post #277 of 830
My brother and I were texting earlier about this. We both love how he is ranting about "American made," and then he states, "As I type this, I don't even know if our wonderful government will let me import the 50 amps I already paid for." If he is so hardcore about this issue, why not source American made amps? It's more like China amps ASSEMBLED in the USA.

He might be highly knowledgeable, is helpful with customers, and had a great product at a great value, but what a shifty hypocrite!!! I am so glad that I was hesitant to purchase anything. Buh Bye Mark Shifter, uhh-um, I mean Craigsub.
post #278 of 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by maintman View Post

My brother and I were texting earlier about this. We both love how he is ranting about "American made," and then he states, "As I type this, I don't even know if our wonderful government will let me import the 50 amps I already paid for." If he is so hardcore about this issue, why not source American made amps? It's more like China amps ASSEMBLED in the USA.
He might be highly knowledgeable, is helpful with customers, and had a great product at a great value, but what a shifty hypocrite!!! I am so glad that I was hesitant to purchase anything. Buh Bye Mark Shifter, uhh-um, I mean Craigsub.

Just curious, what affordable amps are made entirely in the US? Is that even an option anymore?
post #279 of 830
Well, there are certainly affordable Chinese amps made with substandard components lacking protection capabilities. Just look at ED as a recent example.
post #280 of 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chu Gai View Post

Well, there are certainly affordable Chinese amps made with substandard components lacking protection capabilities. Just look at ED as a recent example.

No doubt. But my guess is that affordable amps that are completely made in the US probably don't exist anymore.

Expensive amps that are made entirely (not assembled) in the US probably don't exist anymore.
post #281 of 830
Here's the best way to handle this situaton. Let's keep this thread for a technical discussion of the Chase products etc. If you want to discuss the closure of Chase, please use this thread dedicated to the topic:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1437980/chase-home-theater-closing

This will keep this thread focused on HT products etc vs his business.

Thanks for your help and understanding.

Ron
post #282 of 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by rboster View Post

Here's the best way to handle this situaton. Let's keep this thread for a technical discussion of the Chase products etc. If you want to discuss the closure of Chase, please use this thread dedicated to the topic:
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1437980/chase-home-theater-closing
This will keep this thread focused on HT products etc vs his business.
Thanks for your help and understanding.
Ron

The thread discussing the closing of Chase has been closed. That does not change the fact that this thread is to discuss Chase products ONLY. When the business officially closes, we can add warranty discussions etc. But discussing the closing of Chase should not be part of this thread.
post #283 of 830
Just bought two of the SS18.2 subs. Can't wait to get them and try them out. Craig has been great to work with.

Love the idea of having 4 18" drivers.
post #284 of 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaNile View Post

Just bought two of the SS18.2 subs. Can't wait to get them and try them out. Craig has been great to work with.
Love the idea of having 4 18" drivers.

Speaking from experience, you will love it biggrin.gif
post #285 of 830
Can't wait to get them. I've been checking out my room today trying to plan on 2 more already!
post #286 of 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaNile View Post

Can't wait to get them. I've been checking out my room today trying to plan on 2 more already!

I was interested in one of those too, but Craig never answered my email.
post #287 of 830
The sales email hasn't been working. I have a different email for Craig if you are still interested. I'll send it to you via PM.
post #288 of 830
I saw this today on the Home Theater Shack forums.
http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/chase-home-theater/63518-breaking-hopefully-good-news.html#axzz2Gkai7flx
I don't own anything from Chase but this must make a few people happy.
post #289 of 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post

I saw this today on the Home Theater Shack forums.
http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/chase-home-theater/63518-breaking-hopefully-good-news.html#axzz2Gkai7flx
I don't own anything from Chase but this must make a few people happy.
Theres nothing like getting family involved to make people feel better.
https://www.chasehometheater.com/forum/showpost.php?p=90241&postcount=37
post #290 of 830
LOL....oh man, things look bad already.
post #291 of 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehun View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaNile View Post

Can't wait to get them. I've been checking out my room today trying to plan on 2 more already!

I was interested in one of those too, but Craig never answered my email.


He said....
"I am having problems logging into that account. Can you re-send to craig_chase2000@yahoo.com ?"
post #292 of 830
Yes, and once I emailed his yahoo account Craig has been very quick to reply to my emails.
post #293 of 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chu Gai View Post

Theres nothing like getting family involved to make people feel better.
https://www.chasehometheater.com/forum/showpost.php?p=90241&postcount=37

yup, that post involves me. Still no speakers.
post #294 of 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by busbeepbeep View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chu Gai View Post

Theres nothing like getting family involved to make people feel better.
https://www.chasehometheater.com/forum/showpost.php?p=90241&postcount=37

yup, that post involves me. Still no speakers.

It's pathetic that a guy airs his famliy issues in public. Not professional at all. It makes it tough to recommend cht because you never know what's going happen. or where the blame really belongs.

It's like a train wreck, you just can't look away.
post #295 of 830
Card wasn't charged I take it.
post #296 of 830
A pending charge showed up a couple days ago when my order status changed from pending to confirmed, but no, it hadn't been charged a month ago when I ordered on 11/29. I just would like some sort of indication of when to expect delivery since they use R&L Carriers, I'll have to arrange a time to accept delivery.

In contrast, I also ordered an Outlaw LFM-1EX on 11/29. It was delivered on 12/3. I had set myself an upgrade budget of $1500, and with the 3 Pro10s and the Outlaw, I'll be at $1605 delivered.
post #297 of 830
I ordered on Saturday and is still being shown as "pending."
post #298 of 830
Well try that yahoo email address then since everyone seems to have no problems with it. BTW, SeaNile are those SS subs the baltic birch or MDF ones?
post #299 of 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chu Gai View Post

Well try that yahoo email address then since everyone seems to have no problems with it. BTW, SeaNile are those SS subs the baltic birch or MDF ones?

You know, that's a good question. I exchanged several emails with Craig and then just ordered from his CHT site. Not sure if they are the birch or MDF. I just hope they show up by next Saturday so I can give them a good workout and decide if 2 more are necessary.
post #300 of 830
mine is BB, not sure about the dual front firing ones though.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers › Official Chase Home Theater Owners Thread