or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › DIY Speakers and Subs › New Mach 5 Audio UXL info
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Mach 5 Audio UXL info - Page 9

post #241 of 752
Told you I was a n00b.

What would be an optimum sealed size for it then? Smaller certainly wouldn't be worse as far as placement goes...
post #242 of 752
I have an IB running with 1 of these right now. Waiting for the 2nd driver for the IB. I haven't done any measurements yet. Compared to an LLT I have with 2 x CSS SDX-15 (600 liters, 13 Hz tune), I think the 2x Mach5 Pi-18 IB will be quite far ahead. Nothing shocking there, but it is a reference point.

As others have mentioned, the price/displacement value is very high. In my opinion, the build quality for the unit I have is high (for the things I can see).
post #243 of 752
Quote:
Originally Posted by halo0 View Post

Told you I was a n00b.

What would be an optimum sealed size for it then? Smaller certainly wouldn't be worse as far as placement goes...

I'd shoot for 3-3.5 cubes if you're feeding a bridged EP4000 to one driver. 34mm excursion at 4-5Hz.

20" cube with 3/4" wood would get you right there.
post #244 of 752
20" cubes and 3hz potential just sounds awesome. Cant wait to see some builds.
post #245 of 752
Well I was thinking of going a little more conservative with the power considering the 1200W recommendation. I don't want to blow up my first build.

I just picked up the EP4000 because the deal was too good to pass up and you can never have too much power on hand.
post #246 of 752
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiGBADDABOOM View Post

I'd shoot for 3-3.5 cubes if you're feeding a bridged EP4000 to one driver. 34mm excursion at 4-5Hz.

20" cube with 3/4" wood would get you right there.

This would be the optimal size with the best bang for the buck. Although with a slightly smaller cab you can use a larger, more powerful amp and get 3-6dB peak output over the entire bandwidth all while having a smaller footprint and extending down just as low.

That would be my, 'More Experienced' version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrapladm View Post

20" cubes and 3hz potential just sounds awesome. Cant wait to see some builds.

Hell yes!
post #247 of 752
Quote:
Originally Posted by halo0 View Post

Well I was thinking of going a little more conservative with the power considering the 1200W recommendation. I don't want to blow up my first build.

I just picked up the EP4000 because the deal was too good to pass up and you can never have too much power on hand.

Always put the most power to your sub as you can. Dont worry about the 1200 rms just used your head and you'll be fine.

My L/R are rated for about 100 watts rms and I am using just one of them right now on my Crest Bridged.(3400 watts) It sounds SO MUCH Better than with only 100 watts or even just stereo going to both.

I think when money is in my pocket again I will just get the biggest amp I can for each of my subs and that its for me. Sims are great but I will never actually turn my subs up enough that I will be needing even rms power for more than 1 sec. But headroom is awesome.

Either way I cant wait to see some of these Carbon Fibre subs. Wish mine were that material but oh well.
post #248 of 752
We need some pictures if the drivers are already shipping.
post #249 of 752
Yes, pics please!!!!

And I completely agree with the more power recommendations... I once hooked up a pair of white van tower speakers to a Yorkville AP4040 (750x2 @ 8ohms) and they sure got loud LOL
post #250 of 752
Yeah where are the pics.
post #251 of 752
Has anyone actually received these subs yet?

I still have a month or so I think. (I haven't a clue)
post #252 of 752
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrapladm View Post

Has anyone actually received these subs yet?

I still have a month or so I think. (I haven't a clue)

I thought at least two had.
post #253 of 752
Sorry my subs are the 21". Sorry to confuse.

Since mine are a ways away I just look forward to the 18's since they are here.
post #254 of 752
Hmmmmmm...... my folks want my wife and I to go to their place (read Winnipeg) for Christmas this year instead of them coming down to Omaha. That idea is suddenly looking more enticing than normal........
post #255 of 752
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrapladm View Post

Sorry my subs are the 21". Sorry to confuse.

Since mine are a ways away I just look forward to the 18's since they are here.

yeah im waiting on the 21's too, and i am in canada.

Matt
post #256 of 752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_Vai_rules View Post

yeah im waiting on the 21's too, and i am in canada.

Matt

Yeah I wonder whats going on? He should be sending out another update any time now you would think. They should be atleast in his build house being put together by now you would think. That is unless they got held up or something.

I'm so so so so so ..................... ready to get mine too.
post #257 of 752
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiovideoholic View Post

Yeah I wonder whats going on? He should be sending out another update any time now you would think. They should be atleast in his build house being put together by now you would think. That is unless they got held up or something.

I'm so so so so so ..................... ready to get mine too.

Well i hope things have been quiet because he is doing so much work and not because there have been issues..

I was hoping to get these in sept and now it's the end of oct. *not that I am complaining just really excited to get my 4 21s*

oh well, hopefully the wait isn't too much longer..

Matt
post #258 of 752
Thread Starter 
Mark puts the subs together personally. I'd imagine he's got a ton of orders and building them 1 at a time would take forever lol
post #259 of 752
O figure it would take a while with the new launch of the 18's so I want hoping for anything before turkey day. PLUS being that I still am waiting on some other stuff I am in no hurry.

But that being said I wish I could have had them yesterday.
post #260 of 752
So have these actually arrived with anyone yet? I know someone said they got some in this thread but nothing has been posted from them. Any "official" word from Mach5 on these?
post #261 of 752
From their front page:

Latest News - November 3, 2011

Delays on New Pi-18 Deliveries
The release of the new Mach 5 Pi-18 was more
welcomed than we anticipated. Almost immediately,
we received an inrush of orders resulting in a
depletion of some materials.
Those of you who have not yet received your
order, please be patient with us as we await
the delivery of the needed parts to complete your
order.
We apologize for any inconvenience.


I called to try to see if any more specific info was available, but couldn't get anyone on the phone. I want to order, but I don't want to be tied up waiting for months.
post #262 of 752
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by halo0 View Post

From their front page:

Latest News - November 3, 2011

Delays on New Pi-18 Deliveries
The release of the new Mach 5 Pi-18 was more
welcomed than we anticipated. Almost immediately,
we received an inrush of orders resulting in a
depletion of some materials.
Those of you who have not yet received your
order, please be patient with us as we await
the delivery of the needed parts to complete your
order.
We apologize for any inconvenience.


I called to try to see if any more specific info was available, but couldn't get anyone on the phone. I want to order, but I don't want to be tied up waiting for months.

I'd email Mark, You'll get a response for sure that way.
post #263 of 752
maybe with the delays facing the 18s we can get those 21s out!! :O (I can dream can't I?)

Matt
post #264 of 752
Yeah. What gives on the 21's? Aren't those of you who paid up front for a 'pre-order special' for them getting any updates?
post #265 of 752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simonian View Post

Yeah. What gives on the 21's? Aren't those of you who paid up front for a 'pre-order special' for them getting any updates?

I occasionally get updates form mark, he sent me an email a couple days ago that we would be hearing something this week.

I am hoping he comes through. I am starting to get antsy..

Matt
post #266 of 752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_Vai_rules View Post

I occasionally get updates form mark, he sent me an email a couple days ago that we would be hearing something this week.

I am hoping he comes through. I am starting to get antsy..

Matt

Really?

I didnt get that one for some reason. My room isnt ready but I'm still waiting to see a pallet or two sitting in the garage :-O
post #267 of 752
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiovideoholic View Post


Really?

I didnt get that one for some reason. My room isnt ready but I'm still waiting to see a pallet or two sitting in the garage :-O

I just emailed him looking for an update.

Matt
post #268 of 752
You guys better use something thicker than a 3/4" box to house a 75 pound driver with an xmax of over 30 mm... I would double up all sides of the box and triple the face where the driver will be sitting.
post #269 of 752
Quote:
Originally Posted by N8DOGG View Post

I'd email Mark, You'll get a response for sure that way.

Yes, that was easier. His response regarding the 18's:

"We are looking at a turn around time of ~3 weeks, sooner if we can get
caught up."
post #270 of 752
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanaris View Post

You guys better use something thicker than a 3/4" box to house a 75 pound driver with an xmax of over 30 mm... I would double up all sides of the box and triple the face where the driver will be sitting.

yikes will that be a heavy box LOL double baffled front and back should be fine. If it's good enough for a 5400 ultra, it's good enough for this driver.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: DIY Speakers and Subs
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › DIY Speakers and Subs › New Mach 5 Audio UXL info