Originally Posted by txcrude
I just got mine a couple weeks ago. I have been reading this thread for month now but did not take notes. Now I may have to re-read all those pages over again.
Would be grateful if you could post your notes (tip sheet) here.
Here are some of the things I made Notes about. They mainly just General Info other guys have posted here.
1) Turn OFF Energy Saver if you don't like the Auto Dimming this function creates.
2) Password for to enter Service Menu if you Program a Universal Remote is 0413
Link to Harmony Remote Hack: http://harmonylghack.wikispaces.com/
3) If you do unlock THX in Service Menu here is are Possible Settings:
H. Sharpness: 50
V. Sharpness: 50
Dynamic Contrast: Off
Noise Reduction: Low
Super Resolution: Off
MPEG Noise Reduction: Off
Black Level: Low
Color Gamut: Standard
Edge Enhancer: Off
Color Filter: Off
Color Temperature: Warm
Method: 10 Point IRE
All the rest: 0
4) To attempt to fix "clouding" loosen local bezel screws and tap/wipe with microfiber cloth to attempt to smooth clouding out.
5) Good TruMotion adjustment is setting of De-Judder=3 and De-Blur=0.
6) If you see Flicker in 3D mode try setting Trumotion to High or Low based on your eye.
7) If you see "Grainy Picture" try "Noise Reduction" setting even at "High"
8) If you using Optical Cable Out to a Receiver activate AC3 though the Service Menu. Press Start on the AC3 EDID D/L Menu this gives you Dolby Digital 5.1 Output to your Receiver,
9) Best way to see if you have Light Bleeding is to go to an Input on TV that not not being used and check out how the "Blackness" looks.
The last thing that I will say for me Personally. After "tinkering" with Visual Settings so far to "My eye" is to use Standard Setting on the TV and then adjust Back Light and Contrast setting in "Standard" to the Setting that "Vivid" uses.
That just a few things that I keep in a Note for Reference.