or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Samsung UNXXD6000 Owners' Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Samsung UNXXD6000 Owners' Thread - Page 92

post #2731 of 3067
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnotize View Post

Can anyone tell me WTF is going on here?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wngJT...dN9z2J2GHdjtWW

I took a video clip of CSI: Miami and I noticed Horatio's pin stripe shirt pulsating/flashing. You'll also notice (maybe?) in the first few seconds that the top portion of the screen seems pixalated or whatever you want to call it.

WTF is going on??

Very odd.

I watched the same episode and had no issues with my set.
post #2732 of 3067
For the record, I recorded the CSI episode on my iPhone and then uploaded it to Youtube. What you see is exactly what I saw with the flashing pin-stripe shirt. Wish I recorded the episode so I can re-watch it...
post #2733 of 3067
I know I am being repetitive BUT Do Not ignore the Source of the signal as the problem as opposed to your TV, no matter what brand and model you have. This is especially important to you newbies just graduating to DTV from analog.
post #2734 of 3067
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc1 View Post

I know I am being repetitive BUT Do Not ignore the Source of the signal as the problem as opposed to your TV, no matter what brand and model you have. This is especially important to you newbies just graduating to DTV from analog.

I bought my un46d6000 back in June 2011 and when watching TV via hdmi and the comcast cable box I would hear a small popping sound coming from the speakers every couple of minutes. It never happened when watching movies via usb and a disk drive or my roku box or using netflix on the smart tv side of things. Happen most often when the news or sports was on and the tv was displaying a graphic overlay over the picture.

I recently switched to Verizon and of course swapped out my cable box and the problem has not happened once.
post #2735 of 3067
I have purchased the qwerty remote for my 46d6300 it pairs up I am able to use all the keys on the qwerty side but when the tv is at a text entry where one would use the keyboard. The text shows up in the lcd but doesn't in the text entry box on the tv? When I press enter the letter the cursor is over is selected? Also I have tried to move the cursor into the text entry box but that seems not feasible.???
post #2736 of 3067
Just bought a UN46D6000 and absolutely love it. Picture looks great when i'm watching t.v., the only problem is with my xbox. I have an older xbox 360 (one without HDMI cable connection) and when I hook up the HD AV (green/blue cables) cables and turn the game on the colors are completely screwed. Everything is either gray or yellow. Could it be that the Samsung HD AV cable adapter is messed up or has anyone else had this problem? Any help would be appreciated, really hoping I dont have to return this tv.
post #2737 of 3067
You could always get a VGA cable for the 360. Its actually better then the RGB cable.
http://www.amazon.com/Premium-Digita...1354297&sr=8-1
post #2738 of 3067
Thanks, that might be my only option besides buying a new xbox. Appreciate the help!
post #2739 of 3067
Quote:
Originally Posted by robb311 View Post

Just bought a UN46D6000 and absolutely love it. Picture looks great when i'm watching t.v., the only problem is with my xbox. I have an older xbox 360 (one without HDMI cable connection) and when I hook up the HD AV (green/blue cables) cables and turn the game on the colors are completely screwed. Everything is either gray or yellow. Could it be that the Samsung HD AV cable adapter is messed up or has anyone else had this problem? Any help would be appreciated, really hoping I dont have to return this tv.

Don't mean to insult but you did match the red, green, blue connectors on both ends of the component cable and set xbox appropriately right? What you describe is so way out of whack I would suspect something so obvious that you missed it?
post #2740 of 3067
Can anyone help me with a dilemma?

Found a good deal on a Samsung UN55D6000 (55 inch edge lit LED) which would be my first LED/LCD. I've only used Plasma before.

This would actually replace a larger Panasonic 58" plasma set (S2 series). I'm a little scared about the 3" drop in screen size. But even moreso, if I'll miss my Panasonic.

Can anyone help me? The Panasonic has a nice picture overall but I've heard of some issues over time with the S2 series and have noticed some strobing at times that I hadn't seen before. So I'm a little worried it might be developing some issues after 2 years of light use.

Any opinions? Could sure use some expert advice from AVS brethren.
post #2741 of 3067
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradP View Post

Can anyone help me with a dilemma?

Found a good deal on a Samsung UN55D6000 (55 inch edge lit LED) which would be my first LED/LCD. I've only used Plasma before.

This would actually replace a larger Panasonic 58" plasma set (S2 series). I'm a little scared about the 3" drop in screen size. But even moreso, if I'll miss my Panasonic.

Can anyone help me? The Panasonic has a nice picture overall but I've heard of some issues over time with the S2 series and have noticed some strobing at times that I hadn't seen before. So I'm a little worried it might be developing some issues after 2 years of light use.

Any opinions? Could sure use some expert advice from AVS brethren.

I doubt you will miss 3" but depending on your viewing habits you might miss other things about your plasma. I don't want to start another LCD versus plasma argument as there are already plenty of threads that discuss the differences.
post #2742 of 3067
Thanks for the fair response. I know it's an age-old battle and both have their merits and weaknesses. My Panny plasma is a 2010 model and it's a thick heavy sucker but it's on a stand and not wall-mounted anyway, though I always like the idea of a thinner lighter set anyway. I guess just having never owned an LCD before other than a PC monitor there are concerns over some things I am used to, and I just can't really decide in a store, I guess eventually you just take the plunge and take a chance. The price made it worth the try in the end I guess.
post #2743 of 3067
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradP View Post

Can anyone help me with a dilemma?

Found a good deal on a Samsung UN55D6000 (55 inch edge lit LED) which would be my first LED/LCD. I've only used Plasma before.

This would actually replace a larger Panasonic 58" plasma set (S2 series). I'm a little scared about the 3" drop in screen size. But even moreso, if I'll miss my Panasonic.

Can anyone help me? The Panasonic has a nice picture overall but I've heard of some issues over time with the S2 series and have noticed some strobing at times that I hadn't seen before. So I'm a little worried it might be developing some issues after 2 years of light use.

Any opinions? Could sure use some expert advice from AVS brethren.

I have replaced my 50" Panasonic with the UN55D6000 in Nov 2011. I have noticed that the blacks and the viewing angle are better on the Panasonic (which I already knew) but the 6000 picture is a lot better than the Panasonic. Not even close. I am very happy with my purchase. The 6000 has performed better for me than expected. I have the H-302 panel built in OCT 2011;
post #2744 of 3067
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcerank View Post

I have replaced my 50" Panasonic with the UN55D6000 in Nov 2011. I have noticed that the blacks and the viewing angle are better on the Panasonic (which I already knew) but the 6000 picture is a lot better than the Panasonic. Not even close. I am very happy with my purchase. The 6000 has performed better for me than expected. I have the H-302 panel built in OCT 2011;

Thanks for the response. I had a feeling the picture would be crisper for sure and brighter. What I wasn't sure about was flashlighting, glare, and viewing angle. While my stand swivels so I can turn the angle of the screen somewhat, in my office where the TV will be I do sit only a few feet from the set, but it's to the right of me. So I'm hoping that I am not disgusted when I see the viewing angle compared to the Panasonic plasma. That's my biggest worry I guess.
post #2745 of 3067
But you gut know, that the new Panasonic Plasmas (ST50, GT50) and the nes Samsung LED TVs (ES6xxx) are coming?
And you know that the D6xxx can't display FullHD in 3D mode? Especially on the big sizes you'll notice it!
post #2746 of 3067
I realize that, but I ended up paying $860 total for a brand new UN55D6000. It was a clearance price that I just couldn't pass up.
post #2747 of 3067
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradP View Post

I realize that, but I ended up paying $860 total for a brand new UN55D6000. It was a clearance price that I just couldn't pass up.

What a price... In Europe we can only dream of...
post #2748 of 3067
Hello,
Been lurking a while. I've read through *many but not all* of the pages here. Just bought 46" at BB for $850 (open box), and so far I am really impressed. I am no videophile, but I thought it looked pretty good out of the box.

Played with Redwolf's settings to tone down some settings, and haven't even started to explore any of the Smart functions, etc. yet. I noticed some minimal 'flashlighting' in the corners on completely black screen in the dark, but for 99% of my viewing, I don't think I will notice it...

Thank you all for the reviews, etc., tips. I am sure I will have questions, but wanted to make sure I've read more of the previous posts so I'm not asking the same stupid questions long ago addressed here...
post #2749 of 3067
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradP View Post

I realize that, but I ended up paying $860 total for a brand new UN55D6000. It was a clearance price that I just couldn't pass up.

Great deal. I got a returned 46" model before Christmas that was not much less than that. My previous TV was a Panasonic plasma TCP46S1 and the picture quality, as someone else stated, is night and day difference to me and it isn't just the extra brightness that the LED produces. My backlight is set to 12 but I also have the ECO option turned on with a minimum backlight of 4. It looks great any time of day or night. Originally I opted for plasma mainly because of the viewing angle over LCD and almost everyone preaching that plasma was the better technology. But in the end, I regretted it and sold it to partly fund my new LED. Viewing angle is good on the UN46D6000, actually. And the flashlighting can be minimized greatly by adjusting your settings and keeping the backlight lower at night. Many HDTV gurus say you should turn off the light-sensor that adjusts the backlight, but I find it one of the best features of this and other HDTV's. It beats switching modes or adjusting the backlight via the menus.

There are, however, some things I miss that the Panny had:

- custom label inputs (Why the f$%@ can't Samsung add this?)
- disable unused inputs (Yes, they disable themselves when there is no signal, but with the Panny you can disable them. When I turn off my PS3 I have to race to switch back to Dish or I have to arrow up numerous times instead of once.)
- the time displayed when pressing Info on the remote (Again, WTF, Samsung? The Info menu on the Samsung is useless other than the generic input label and the ECO meter, which isn't all that important. Add the freakin' time to the Info already. In fact, I like Panasonic's Info option more than any other TV I've seen.)
post #2750 of 3067
Ref. my UN55D6000: Actually my flash lighting problem has gotten better since my November purchase. It has dimmed noticeably. I hope that once this Samsung series gets through the broken in process, we all experience the flash lighting problem being less of a distraction. I know that mine is. I have my backlight set on 10 for my dark room viewing. Please check out Redwolf's settings. Use them to save yourself a lot of time calibrating the picture. I have changed the settings slightly only for color, tint & sharpness. My picture color's are just awesome. I sure am happy with my purchase!
post #2751 of 3067
the tv was looking great until recently its as if everything was reset.

no idea why or how but the pictures now look absolutely horrendous, white, hazy.

i tried using the settings on the 1st page but no success. anyone have suggestions or ideas i can use to make the picture look perfect again?
post #2752 of 3067
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaytoon21 View Post

the tv was looking great until recently its as if everything was reset.

no idea why or how but the pictures now look absolutely horrendous, white, hazy.

i tried using the settings on the 1st page but no success. anyone have suggestions or ideas i can use to make the picture look perfect again?

You shouldn't have messed around in the service menu.

You know you did.
post #2753 of 3067
Ha, that was my first thought when he described the problem, too.
post #2754 of 3067
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToonMasterTim View Post

Great deal. I got a returned 46" model before Christmas that was not much less than that. My previous TV was a Panasonic plasma TCP46S1 and the picture quality, as someone else stated, is night and day difference to me and it isn't just the extra brightness that the LED produces. My backlight is set to 12 but I also have the ECO option turned on with a minimum backlight of 4. It looks great any time of day or night. Originally I opted for plasma mainly because of the viewing angle over LCD and almost everyone preaching that plasma was the better technology. But in the end, I regretted it and sold it to partly fund my new LED. Viewing angle is good on the UN46D6000, actually. And the flashlighting can be minimized greatly by adjusting your settings and keeping the backlight lower at night. Many HDTV gurus say you should turn off the light-sensor that adjusts the backlight, but I find it one of the best features of this and other HDTV's. It beats switching modes or adjusting the backlight via the menus.


I also had the "pleasure" of owning the S1. What a dud that TV set was. The greyscale was overly green, no matter what color temperature preset you chose, the color decoder pushed green heavily, creating this neon look, and the set was DIM, even with contrast set to 100. The Auto Brightness Limiter kicked in way to early, and the set was simply dim and dull, no matter how you adjusted it.

The D6000 in comparison has a near perfect color gamut and grayscale.
post #2755 of 3067
Does anyone know when the 2011 "D" model production will end?
I saw in the BestBuy circular they are still promoting the UNxxD6420 tvs and a quick check on availability showed that they are widely available with high numbers. When I tried to get one at the end of Jan. most stores were running low or out of stock. I'm wondering why they are still producing the "D" 6420s?
post #2756 of 3067
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwolf4k View Post

I also had the "pleasure" of owning the S1. What a dud that TV set was. The greyscale was overly green, no matter what color temperature preset you chose, the color decoder pushed green heavily, creating this neon look, and the set was DIM, even with contrast set to 100. The Auto Brightness Limiter kicked in way to early, and the set was simply dim and dull, no matter how you adjusted it.

The D6000 in comparison has a near perfect color gamut and grayscale.

Yeah, I remember you commenting in response to one of my earlier posts, calling the S1 a "dud," which it was. My parents are perfectly happy with it, but they aren't as critical and they don't even subscribe to an HD package. I was just saddened whenever I would walk past the HDTV's and observe how much better they were in comparison. I'm very happy with the Samsung.
post #2757 of 3067
I have a Samsung UN46D6300, which I bought from amazon for $715 couple of months ago. My question is when I connect my laptop to the TV, there is border on all the four sides. I tried to change the picture size using P.SIZE button on the remote but it didn't help. This doesn't happen when I connect a flash drive to my TV, it's just when I connect my laptop.
Any suggestions?
post #2758 of 3067
The answer to that will be in the documentation for the graphics driver/card of your laptop. Look for overscan/underscan or scaling subjects.
post #2759 of 3067
If anybody could please help as soon as possible.

I have two choices. The LG 42LW650S or the Samsung 40D6500.

Which tv will give me the best 2D picture quality (possibly after calibration)?
Is there a lot of crosstalk and flicker in 3D mode on the Samsung TV?

Thank you in advance.
post #2760 of 3067
This is where I'm going to be sitting (red box) while watching this TV most of the time. THe TV in the photo is the one that the 55" Samsung is replacing.

The one there is a plasma so viewing angle was never a problem.

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/5133/tvscreen.jpg

Should I be worried with this LED in that sitting position/angle?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Samsung UNXXD6000 Owners' Thread