Originally Posted by Smacky
I've been thinking about getting this game. I played a little guitar long ago, but other than my Fender Strat Rock Band guitar haven't picked one up in a long time. I'm not sure the quality of the bundled guitar will make me happy. Been looking at possibly a Mexican Stratocaster. What kind of quitars are you guys using? Pro's and Con's
If you can, go to BB and try it out Guitar Center has it set up with the bundled guitar. If you like the game but not the guitar grab an axe off the wall and see if you want to invest in a better tool. I look at it this way if your going to spend money on a guitar, it will be with you for the rest of your life if you get a good one. You will only get better with practice. RS is a good incentive to get back into it.
I was in the same boat as you but decided to get a good guitar. I always wanted an electric but never really perused it until RS came out. I was looking at the bundled package and thought about the quality for the most part. I looked at the Gibsons and Epi's and decided on the MIM Strat for these reasons.
1) Sound: Pretty good pickups for an MIM Strat and can easily be upgraded pretty cheap. Tone blocks, Base plates etc
2) Action & Fit: Medium jumbo frets with good steel, well cut nut, neck is on straight.
3) Reliable & Durable: Decent chrome tuners, little to break or fall off.
4) This is a budget priced guitar, but it's not cheaply made in any way it's not an American Deluxe but the MIM's have more to offer than Some American Strats made today.
5) Every player needs a Tele, Strat, then all the others.
6) Bought at WLA Music otd new for 350.00, came with a bag, tuner, picks, and a cord.
7) It cost 350.00. Guitar Center and all the others were 100.00 more. If you don't like it you can always get back what you paid for it at that price.
Ask for Kurt tell him Gary Tanji referred you: 310-477-1945 see what he might be able to do for you. I bought all of my Acoustics from there 12 years ago and to this day they still have the better deals.