or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › 3D Central › 3D Content › http://www.3d-blurayrental.com/
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

http://www.3d-blurayrental.com/ - Page 5

post #121 of 547
Neat service, Ive missed this thread somehow. Need to try them out.
post #122 of 547
I've rented a total of 3 movies from them and evidently they never received the 3rd one back although at this point it's been 10 days since I mailed it back. I'm gonna email them tomorrow (Monday) and see what they want me to do to resolve this. I was thrilled to have found a source for 3D rentals and even decided to continue to rent from them after they dropped the paypal option. I was concerned about this possiblity from the beginning especially since the return address says "3D Bluray Rental" so everyone knows what's inside. More of a temptation to a thief in my opinion than a Netflix rental. My son just gave me a $30 gift certificate for them for Father's Day. Looks like that $$$ will be used towards paying for the missing disc. Now I'd be afraid to rent one again.

Ed
post #123 of 547
Rented my 2nd movie from them "Under The Sea 3D". The disc had a small, deep scratch and wouldn't play the 3rd and 4th chapters (out of 5)

Sent the movie back and emailed them and they gave me a credit for a free rental. I like the service so far...not too many other places to rent 3D

Hopefully I'm not the lucky one who gets a scratched disc next time. After watching the 2nd chapter and then the movie stalling, it kind of ruined the movie watching experience I had with that particular movie
post #124 of 547
Thanks for this thread, I am going to check this company out. Anyone else know of any other rental companies?

I got the Shrek bundle with purchase, bought Meatballs and Cirque on eBay. Also bought Kenny Chesney on Amazon. Has anyone viewed that? I love him so will probably think it is wonderful no matter what it looks like, lol.

Lynn
post #125 of 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoFamily View Post

Thanks for this thread, I am going to check this company out. Anyone else know of any other rental companies?

I got the Shrek bundle with purchase, bought Meatballs and Cirque on eBay. Also bought Kenny Chesney on Amazon. Has anyone viewed that? I love him so will probably think it is wonderful no matter what it looks like, lol.

Lynn


I think there are a total of 3 places to rent...1) 3D-blurayrental.com 2) Playstation and 3) Vudu.com

I have a big preference for #1 because the quality of Playstation and Vudu.com is no where near 3D Blu-ray. Plus you have to own a PS3 for option #2 and for option #3, you have to play it on a computer, some set-top box or PS3. Lastly, selection is much bigger with #1. Hope that helps. 3D-blurayrental is the only place that I know of that sends out physical 3D-bluray discs....the others are internet downloads or live streaming thus the quality difference.
post #126 of 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by bachuka View Post

I think there are a total of 3 places to rent...1) 3D-blurayrental.com 2) Playstation and 3) Vudu.com

I have a big preference for #1 because the quality of Playstation and Vudu.com is no where near 3D Blu-ray. Plus you have to own a PS3 for option #2 and for option #3, you have to play it on a computer, some set-top box or PS3. Lastly, selection is much bigger with #1. Hope that helps. 3D-blurayrental is the only place that I know of that sends out physical 3D-bluray discs....the others are internet downloads or live streaming thus the quality difference.

I've rented regular movies (on VUDU) through my LG bd390 and now bd690. If you have the bandwidth they claim to have 1080p, I haven't tried it since I got the new tv and 3d capabilities though.
post #127 of 547
Just curious but why are some of their prices so high on disc such as Narnia and Monsters VS Aliens, that is just expensive.
post #128 of 547
rjhythloday - i dont think Vudu does frame packing for 3D content. Only 3D bluray can do that which means you get a full 1080P resolution to each eye.

bravia3d - i agree some of the prices are high for Narnia, Avatar, Monsters vs Aliens, but keep in mind, those titles are currently only available via exclusives with Sony TV, Samsung's, Panasonic's etc. The prices for these movies on ebay are $60 - $100 so I think it's fair they charge higher for these movies.
post #129 of 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by old corps View Post

I've rented a total of 3 movies from them and evidently they never received the 3rd one back although at this point it's been 10 days since I mailed it back. I'm gonna email them tomorrow (Monday) and see what they want me to do to resolve this. I was thrilled to have found a source for 3D rentals and even decided to continue to rent from them after they dropped the paypal option. I was concerned about this possiblity from the beginning especially since the return address says "3D Bluray Rental" so everyone knows what's inside. More of a temptation to a thief in my opinion than a Netflix rental. My son just gave me a $30 gift certificate for them for Father's Day. Looks like that $$$ will be used towards paying for the missing disc. Now I'd be afraid to rent one again.

Ed

Did this get resolved for you?
post #130 of 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by bachuka View Post

Did this get resolved for you?

YES!!! I emailed them and told them I was willing to apply my $30 credit toward the lost disc and they quickly replied that that wasn't necessary and they would just note that it was lost in mail. Outstanding customer service! I feel really bad that this happened but I DID mail the movie back and shortly after receiving it. Hope nobody takes advantage of their liberal, trusting policy! Needless to say I'm a very satisfied customer.
I also told them that I would mail back future rentals to them in a padded mailer, 1st class mail with delivery confirmation (at MY expense!) and would just address it RENTAL @ their address. It'll cost me a couple of bucks but the peace of mind will be worth it to me!

Ed
post #131 of 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by old corps View Post

YES!!! I emailed them and told them I was willing to apply my $30 credit toward the lost disc and they quickly replied that that wasn't necessary and they would just note that it was lost in mail. Outstanding customer service! I feel really bad that this happened but I DID mail the movie back and shortly after receiving it. Hope nobody takes advantage of their liberal, trusting policy! Needless to say I'm a very satisfied customer.
I also told them that I would mail back future rentals to them in a padded mailer, 1st class mail with delivery confirmation (at MY expense!) and would just address it RENTAL @ their address. It'll cost me a couple of bucks but the peace of mind will be worth it to me!

Ed

That's great news. I'm sure they did this since you are probably a good standing customer. I personally have not had any movies missing and I've rented quite a few from them 20+.
post #132 of 547
i have few question about 3d-blurayrental.com.

how do they change the credit card if i cannot fill out the payment info and etc?
post #133 of 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by audionewer View Post

i have few question about 3d-blurayrental.com.

how do they change the credit card if i cannot fill out the payment info and etc?

Just put the movie you want to rent in your cart and go to checkout. It'll ask for it then. Not sure but maybe you need to open an account 1st. I don't think so though.

Ed
post #134 of 547
when i go to checkout with the movies, it says "These products require special authorization before you can purchase them: "

what does that mean?
post #135 of 547
I'm pretty sure you have to open an account with them prior to purchase or renting.
I never saw the message you mentioned when I purchased the rentals from them.
In fact I just finished checking out the 'Despicable me" movie.
post #136 of 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiopho View Post

I'm pretty sure you have to open an account with them prior to purchase or renting.
I never saw the message you mentioned when I purchased the rentals from them.
In fact I just finished checking out the 'Despicable me" movie.

+1

Ed
post #137 of 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by audionewer View Post

when i go to checkout with the movies, it says "These products require special authorization before you can purchase them: "

what does that mean?

I've seen that before....you are trying to rent a movie that has not been released yet I believe....maybe something in their coming soon. That's why you are getting the error message. What movie are you trying to rent?
post #138 of 547
I just heard these guys are now accepting Trade-ins of used or new 3D Blu-ray movies. I sent them an email and they offered me $28 for Deep Sea...better than I can get if I tried to sell it on eBay because of all the eBay/Paypal fees. The catch is that they only offer rental credit and not cash. Works for me cause I still rent quite a bit from them.

http://stores.3d-blurayrental.com/-s...Categories.bok
post #139 of 547
Not sure how the company (a very small one is my guess) is doing these days since there are not that many new releases as of late?
But I've done my part.
post #140 of 547
Ordered 2 BD's and just got package yesterday. There is only 1 BD in the package. Do they ship each one separate? Now to the "horror" story. I open the package and the BD is cracked all the way through. It is shipped in a paper envelope with NO padding or case. There is no protection at all. There is no way I could send a disc through the mail by just sticking in an envelope. Is this normal? Do Netfix and Blockbuster ship this way? How do ANY of them make it?

post #141 of 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by William View Post

Do Netfix and Blockbuster ship this way? How do ANY of them make it?

Yes they mail the same way, but the post office knows not to put those mailers through the sorting machines that break BD discs.
post #142 of 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post

Yes they mail the same way, but the post office knows not to put those mailers through the sorting machines that break BD discs.

It looks like it DID go through a sorting machine since the side of the envelope is also ripped. What about my other BD? Do they mail each one in a separate mailer? What if it also went through the same sorting machine and is also cracked?

I have sent an email (with pic) to 3D Blu-ray rentals. Know it will be tomorrow (at best) but anxious for the response. I always buy my BD's and this is my 1st rental.
post #143 of 547
Got a (great) response already from 3D Blu-ray Rentals . They are going to send me a replacement when available (no big hurry to me). Also stated that each BD is mailed separate, so I'm not missing one.

This being my very first (I belive) disc retail ever it was quite a shock.
post #144 of 547
You should never be shocked at the USPS capacity to shred things.
post #145 of 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post

You should never be shocked at the USPS capacity to shred things.

I'm not and even expect THAT so..... I'm shocked that rental companies ship disc's without a case and/or padding. Whenever I ship a CD/DVD-ROM at work I always use a plastic case and a padded envelope and still felt insecure. I have never rented from Netflix or Blockbuster so I had no idea discs were shipped this way.

The bad part is this is my very fist disc and I'm already "flagged" so now everything NEEDS to go right with the rest of my rental life. Also I'm now gun shy, expecting my BD due tomorrow to show up cracked too. Plus I have to put it back in that plain envelope and turn it over to the "shredders" and hope they don't do it on the way back.
post #146 of 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by William View Post

I'm not and even expect THAT so..... I'm shocked that rental companies ship disc's without a case and/or padding.

They could use padded mailers and then charge you more for the service. Most customers want lower prices. The other issue is the return mailer, padded options exist but cost is high. I'd settle for a slab of cardboard inside but there's no assurance the USPS won't shred that too. Rental disc mailers need to be disposable which makes for high costs with anything but paper, not to mention the ecological impacts. The actual postage is obviously an issue as well.

The USPS uses machines with rollers that bend and pinch mail. DVDs are less likely to object but BD's are brittle. The only way to avoid those machines is to package more than 1/4" thick or larger than 6-1/8 X 11-1/2.
post #147 of 547
Looks like USPS messed it up.
Netflix is a bit on flimsy side but never received a damaged disc. (+10 years subscriber here)
Have not rented from Blockbusters for ages so I can't comment.
They're very good with packaging but they can only do so much.
Just email them what you've discovered and they'll take care of you.
They've provided great customer service thus far.
$hit happens!
NO WORRY!
post #148 of 547
Thread Starter 
I am at about 20 rentals from them now and everything is still a go. I too have experienced receiving a broken disc (had that with Netflix also) and also a returned disc that they never got. Neither one created a problem nor an extra expense for me and they were most professional in the way in which they handled it.

Still recommending this company. Only wish they had more content to rent.
post #149 of 547
The greatest thing about this site is, I've got to watch all the 3D BR exclusives (US only) before they (if ever) get released to street.
I ponder if they somehow can work to get other 3d titles from oversea.
post #150 of 547
Had another mail problem in delivering Drive Angry. It was mailed at the same time (Aug 2) as the mangled Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs BD. Emailed and they sent me out anther copy. Oddly the original made it in the mail yesterday. Hopefully I've got all my mail problems behind me. 3D Blu-ray Rental service has been OUTSTANDING and super FAST to respond. Think Google customer service and rotate 180ยบ.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: 3D Content
AVS › AVS Forum › 3D Central › 3D Content › http://www.3d-blurayrental.com/