Picked up a UN46D7000 at BB on Saturday and hooked it up on Sunday.
First, I am not any kind of an expert, but here are my impressions.
1. I do not notice any kind of glow when the screen is black. I mean it is deep black. Now, I can only compare it to an old Sony 40" of several years ago, and two 32" non-LEDs I have in my "Man" room and my wife's "Woman" room.
2. Without any adjusting the colors are stunning. Vibrant is what my wife calls it.
3. Not crazy about the bezel and the stand, but getting used to them.
4. I am running everything (LGBD590, Cable Box, PS3, Sony Mega Disk Changer DVD) through a Denon 2310CI via HDMI. I am seeing all sorts of audio lag on everything except the cable box. Needs some investigation.
5. I have not yet attempted to watch 3D as it is totally secondary to everything else. Besides, the 2310CI does not pass through 3D content (maybe a 3311CI is in the future
With the exception if the audio difficulties, I love this set and can say without a doubt that it is a marked improvement over what I had. Also, when compared with other sets side by side at BB, this was the best to my eyes.
Looking forward to reading and learning more.