or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Samsung UNXXD7000 Owners' Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Samsung UNXXD7000 Owners' Thread - Page 102

post #3031 of 3296
There is another thread running about the AMP issue. There have been several suggestions as to how to handle this, but it is obvious there is a problem with AMP causing stuttering, skipped frames for film and blurring for direct viewing of sports, etc. As I understand it, clear helps but it affects the 3:2 pull-down for films that causes the skipped frames and jerkiness. One of the better suggestions was to use the movie mode and set AMP to custom with blurring set to 10 and dejudder set to 0.

You might want to try that to see if it helps.

Otherwise, as the other thread suggests, people need to advise Samsung that there is a problem with the AMP and to voice a request to have it fixed.

It is such a shame that such a good T.V. is marred by something that can make some viewing difficult to watch.
post #3032 of 3296
Will do. I will try both settings tonight while watching the Nationals game. I do not have a blu ray yet and am still using my DVD right now but did not notice the problem when testing it.
post #3033 of 3296
Just bougth the 7150 from Costco this past Wednesday. Lasted till Sunday when i noticed one very visible vertical Blue line toward the right middle of the screen. verified it was happening with all components unplugged with just the tv on no matter what input or screen it was on, it was there. attempting to take it back for the second time today as i guess costco closes at 6:00pm saturdays?? very strange... should be no problems returning it, however any tips on mounting? I'm currently using a tilt mount

my brother has the 6000 series samsungs and was saying he heard from some forum that it's bad to have these LED's tilted too much on a tilt wall mount as the weight eventually pulls apart parts of the tv inside... i find this hard to believe, but just wondering if anyone else has heard this. he also said maybe my screws could have bottomed out on the mount causing the problem, although i had it mounted and playing fine for about a day until the problem started, and once the problem showed up, it was constant not intermittent.
post #3034 of 3296
So to reply to myself... it turns out that my TV, since it was an open box from Best Buy, was in "store demo" mode and every time I tried switching the settings (ie. Auto Motion Plus to clear) they would revert back to the original settings by themselves. It was driving me crazy but the Samsung hotline diagnosed the problem for me over the phone and I was able to resolve it. MUCH happier watching baseball games and other sporting events now!!
post #3035 of 3296
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpmredwing View Post

So to reply to myself... it turns out that my TV, since it was an open box from Best Buy, was in "store demo" mode and every time I tried switching the settings (ie. Auto Motion Plus to clear) they would revert back to the original settings by themselves. It was driving me crazy but the Samsung hotline diagnosed the problem for me over the phone and I was able to resolve it. MUCH happier watching baseball games and other sporting events now!!


So what did you have to do? A master reset to factory defaults?
post #3036 of 3296
I am having the same problem, it tells me DEMO when I click some of the buttons. What did samsung tell you to do to fix this!!!
post #3037 of 3296
Hello,

I'm considering purchasing this and wanted to know what you guys thought about it.

I'm debating between this one and the new ES7100's.

I'm going to be purchasing this online and was worried about some of the risk, but I believe Samsung has a 1-year manufacturer warranty on these T.V.'s and will replace any faulty unit with the new ES7100's anyways.

Ultimately, I just really liked the picture and the really thin bezel which the new models also have.
post #3038 of 3296
Try this to get out of Demo Mode (it works for the D8000, may work for D7000, I have never done this)


1. Turn your input to TV (top)
2. Menu > Setup > Plug and Play + [Enter]
3. Go through setup again, choose HOME mode, and do NOT choose SHOP or STORE mode.
4. Finish the setup process.


Good luck.
post #3039 of 3296
Yes "Atomic" is correct. You have to switch your input to TV or DTV whichever and then walk through the steps he mentions. I am not sitting in front of my TV but if they are not exactly correct just call Samsung's 1-800 number and they will walk you through it step by step as they did for me.
post #3040 of 3296
Oh look, another update...

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/UN60D7000VFXZA

Upgrade File(USB type) (Firmware) (ver.1025.1)

1. Title Firmware for LED TV D7000 series.(ver 1025.1)
2. Applicable Model LED TV D7000LF, D7050XF, D7900XF, D7050VF Series
3. Description

- Supports the lastest Verizon, MLB.TV, Amazon, Netflix apps.

- Decreases flickering problem on 3D mode.

- Changes the way to get out of Store Demo Mode

- Prevents escaping issue when pressing volume button on video apps(Netflix, Vudu, etc)

- Supports Remote Service
post #3041 of 3296
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicAgeZombie View Post

Oh look, another update...
http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/UN60D7000VFXZA
Upgrade File(USB type) (Firmware) (ver.1025.1)
1. Title Firmware for LED TV D7000 series.(ver 1025.1)
2. Applicable Model LED TV D7000LF, D7050XF, D7900XF, D7050VF Series
3. Description
- Supports the lastest Verizon, MLB.TV, Amazon, Netflix apps.
- Decreases flickering problem on 3D mode.
- Changes the way to get out of Store Demo Mode
- Prevents escaping issue when pressing volume button on video apps(Netflix, Vudu, etc)
- Supports Remote Service

Off to the TV. Upgrade time!!! Thanks for the notice!
post #3042 of 3296
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicAgeZombie View Post

Oh look, another update...
http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/UN60D7000VFXZA
Upgrade File(USB type) (Firmware) (ver.1025.1)
1. Title Firmware for LED TV D7000 series.(ver 1025.1)
2. Applicable Model LED TV D7000LF, D7050XF, D7900XF, D7050VF Series
3. Description
- Supports the lastest Verizon, MLB.TV, Amazon, Netflix apps.
- Decreases flickering problem on 3D mode.
- Changes the way to get out of Store Demo Mode
- Prevents escaping issue when pressing volume button on video apps(Netflix, Vudu, etc)
- Supports Remote Service

Interesting - my TV could not find this update, either by Internet or by USB memory stick. It displays having update # 001023. Anyone else having update issues with this new one?

Andre'
post #3043 of 3296
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre Smith View Post

Interesting - my TV could not find this update, either by Internet or by USB memory stick. It displays having update # 001023. Anyone else having update issues with this new one?
Andre'

I put in on the USB drive then went to the system menu and it found it on the USB drive no problem. I went from fw 1024 to 1025. Install completed in a little under 10 minutes. Damn...just realized I left the drive plugged into the tv. Need to grab the step ladder again!
post #3044 of 3296
Call me crazy, but after this 1025 firmware update I no longer am seeing the "stuttering" problems I had previously when watching Dtv through my Anthem MRX. I had been forced to use "through" mode on the Anthem (no upscaling) just to make watching tolerable.

I love when there are "unpublished" benefits to firmware upgrades. I hope this is real and not just a temporary coincidence. I'm happy!
post #3045 of 3296
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre Smith View Post

Interesting - my TV could not find this update, either by Internet or by USB memory stick. It displays having update # 001023. Anyone else having update issues with this new one?
Andre'

Make sure you unzip the file to the USB.
post #3046 of 3296
Hey guys, quick question.

I placed an online order yesterday for one Samsung 46" LED LCD, UN46D7000.

Just moments ago, I got an email from this online retailer. They said they don't have the TV I ordered anymore. Something about getting their stock wrong on the website.

They then offered to ship me a new, unopened "Newer" version of the same TV I tried to order. They specifically stated this model number: UN46ES7100. ... at no change in price. So basically, I'll get the UN46ES7100 for what I was going to pay for UN46D7000.

I should be okay right? I mean, to the average guy, the newer, higher model number is better, but I know that's not always the case, just figured I'd check with you pros.
post #3047 of 3296
Quote:
Originally Posted by D4C8 View Post

Hey guys, quick question.
I placed an online order yesterday for one Samsung 46" LED LCD, UN46D7000.
Just moments ago, I got an email from this online retailer. They said they don't have the TV I ordered anymore. Something about getting their stock wrong on the website.
They then offered to ship me a new, unopened "Newer" version of the same TV I tried to order. They specifically stated this model number: UN46ES7100. ... at no change in price. So basically, I'll get the UN46ES7100 for what I was going to pay for UN46D7000.
I should be okay right? I mean, to the average guy, the newer, higher model number is better, but I know that's not always the case, just figured I'd check with you pros.

Yes
post #3048 of 3296
Thanks.
post #3049 of 3296
I don't know about anyone else but I'd swear my picture gradually improved somewhat over the last 6-7 months since I've had the TV.
I'm aware of the 3-4 week break-in period but I still think it slowly got better over time.
Still things that irk me about the TV like the clouding is noticeable on really dark movies like Immortals.
The web browser is also pathetic but overall I'm happy with the TV.
post #3050 of 3296
Have had the Samsung for about 6 months now.... Purchased through vanns and they have been great....the first tv that was delivered had really bad flash lighting, and they agreed to switch it out right away. Second tv was much better, and have had no problems up until a few days ago. Now the tv picture keeps going dark, and resetting itself every hour or so. Then today I couldn't get it to turn back on at one point. Does not sound like it is powering Down completely and the screen just goes black for different periods of time... Has anyone had this problem? Going to call Samsung Monday morning, should be under warranty, but I'm starting to lose my patience.... The guy at vanns told me to use elector duster for electronics around the power cable and outlet, did not seem to help....

Thanks guys
post #3051 of 3296
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri in Mtl View Post

I don't know about anyone else but I'd swear my picture gradually improved somewhat over the last 6-7 months since I've had the TV.
I'm aware of the 3-4 week break-in period but I still think it slowly got better over time.
Still things that irk me about the TV like the clouding is noticeable on really dark movies like Immortals.
The web browser is also pathetic but overall I'm happy with the TV.

i agree and have been saying the same thing to my wife. i bought mine in september of last year, and about 3-4 months ago randomly i swear the picture quality got better. it's always been good but i swear it has gotten better. i had clouding bad when i first got the TV but tweaked the settings and havent had an issue since. love this TV minus a few small complaints.
post #3052 of 3296
Installed 1025 last night just in time to watch Falcons/Ravens. Bought a new 3-D Bluray player. Still have some tweaking to do, but my 60D7000 has been great so far.

Quick question for the pros here:

My receiver only has 3 HDMI inputs and is not technically 3-D rated (Yamaha V-861). I have no problem just connecting my Bluray and another device through the TV itself, but my question is this: If I run Optical from the TV to my receiver, will it reproduce DTS, 5.1, etc? That would be the easiest way for me to do it rather than re-assigning 3 optical inputs and adding 3 more cables to my setup.

I'll hang up and listen. Thanks!
post #3053 of 3296
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed5275 View Post

Installed 1025 last night just in time to watch Falcons/Ravens. Bought a new 3-D Bluray player. Still have some tweaking to do, but my 60D7000 has been great so far.
Quick question for the pros here:
My receiver only has 3 HDMI inputs and is not technically 3-D rated (Yamaha V-861). I have no problem just connecting my Bluray and another device through the TV itself, but my question is this: If I run Optical from the TV to my receiver, will it reproduce DTS, 5.1, etc? That would be the easiest way for me to do it rather than re-assigning 3 optical inputs and adding 3 more cables to my setup.
I'll hang up and listen. Thanks!

I'm pretty sure that the set can do an average passthrough of 5.1 audio (not sure about DTS), but since you're using an optical cable, you will never get DTS HD or Dolby True HD because the cable can't handle the bitrate. Optical cables can only handle basic DTS and Dolby Digital.
post #3054 of 3296
Thank you for the info. I guess that means I will do Bluray through the receiver via HDMI and Apple TV and DirecTV through optical (Since both do not duplicate more than standard 5.1).

Edit...I may just have to get a new receiver.
Edited by ed5275 - 8/10/12 at 3:44pm
post #3055 of 3296
Is the brightness of the 16 LED back lights on my 7000 series TV adjustable? Can they be adjusted individually by a calibrator? Or is it a service call?

I've seen comments hear about the banding. I have one strip, exactly in the middle (about as wide as the 'samsung' logo just below it) that is brighter than all others, and it shows even when I darken the display. It shows depending on the background. A light background brings it out the most.
post #3056 of 3296
Yea u can press the menu its at the setting
post #3057 of 3296
Quote:
Originally Posted by gearskin View Post

Yea u can press the menu its at the setting

I'm not sure I understand your reply. I'm not talking about the menu setting for backlight adjustment. I'm asking if the settings for the actual LEDs are adjustable individually under the hidden service options.
post #3058 of 3296
any of you use movie mode to watch movies? how high is your black level?
Edited by gearskin - 8/14/12 at 12:51pm
post #3059 of 3296
Let me try this another way. Has anyone encountered this before?

My 46" 7000 series, out of the box and either the same or a little worse after 3 months of use, has a strip of lighter luminance going from top to bottom, about 4 inches (10 cm) wide, exactly in the middle of the screen. Regardless of brightness/contrast settings, that strip is lighter. Only under very dark brightness/contrast (too dark to see most of the picture) does it become not visible.

This only happens in 2D. 3D content does not seem to produce the lighter strip.

I also have the usual banding when I brighten my display. I'm not talking about that.
Edited by cglenn - 8/15/12 at 5:57pm
post #3060 of 3296
Quote:
Originally Posted by gearskin View Post

any of you use movie mode to watch movies? how high is your black level?

What is yours at now?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Samsung UNXXD7000 Owners' Thread