Originally Posted by OhYeahitsJosh
Well that's the funny thing, it keeps switching. Like last night it kept switching between 2.0 and 5.1. The output kept switching too. I only have 5 speakers but it would keep changing between 5.1 and 7.1. I've not only noticed this on my xbox but on my cable box as well. I know both are capable of 5.1 and nothing has changed at all.
Hi OhYeahitsJosh, its possible a receiver issue.
Here is a few suggestions to try:
1. update to the latest firmware
2. set input source Listening Mode Preset to "Straight Decode"
3. under Hardware Setup menu if HDMI Control is "on", turn it "off"
4. try a different HDMI cable (from receiver to tv)
5. unplug receiver power cord from wall outlet, wait a minute, reconnect power cord and then perform a factory reset using the buttons on the receiver:
- turn receiver on
- while holding down the [VCR/DVR] button
- press the [ON/STANDBY] button
- Clear will appear on the display and the receiver will enter Standby mode