Originally Posted by HomeGuy
I've had this set for two days now and can give my initial impressions.
Our delivery didn't go so well with Best Buy since they broke two stones on my front porch but that is another story.
1. Aesthetics: The set is beautiful. The silver bezel and one glass design works together. I also like the looks of the stand which is slightly retro.
2. Remote: The remote feels sturdy and has a keyboard on one side and a regular, lighted remote on the other side with slightly larger "main" buttons. There is a way to use the remote to operate a cursor but haven't been able to get that function to work. The juror is still out on web browsing - if I can get a pointer to work it would make surfing that much better. Overall I like the remote and feel it is way better than what you get with the new Panasonics.
3. Menus: I thought the menus were well laid out and easy to use.
4. HD PQ: I have Directv and am very picky about PQ. This plasma produces a very bright picture with excellent blacks and little noise. Colors are saturated without a cartoonish look and contrast is very good. I was nervous about buying plasma since they all looked bad in the store but in a real world situation this set produces a fantastic picture.
5. 3D: Amazing! Sharp, immersive, just excellent. The glasses are comfortable and sync easily with no flickering or cross talk that I could tell. I also didn't see any motion trails either. The best part of plasma is that there are basically unlimited viewing angles so everyone is in the sweet spot and I can also report that I didn't experience any loss between the glasses and the set. One issue is that there 3D menus are a little difficult to understand. I would have liked more of an explanation for each function.
6. Blueray: Awesome. No issues at all.
7. Heat and buzzing. I listened carefully in a quiet room but didn't hear any buzzing sounds. I did notice some heat coming off the screen which is normal for plasma.
8. Fast action: I haven't watched to many scenes with fast action but what I'v seen looks very solid.
9. PS3: Not tested yet.
10. Smart TV functions: Very cool. They load fast and work well. Most of the premium apps charge you for downloads, etc.
11. Overall I'm very happy with this set. The PQ ia amazing and the smart functions are way cool. Not much to dislike. Maybe the price.