or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › 3D Central › 3D Tech Talk › Official Monster Vision Max 3D Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Monster Vision Max 3D Thread - Page 2

post #31 of 1039
I don't see anything in the specs to indicate that this 2009 TV model is a 3D model and ahich has a Vesa port.

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-PN42B4.../ref=de_a_smtd
post #32 of 1039
Not sure about that amazon page.
But it is listed in the user manual (page 25)
samsung.com/us/support/downloads/PN42B450B1D

Also here : 3dmovielist.com/3dhdtvs.html

It was confirmed that nvidia 3d vision works with this model but no word about monstervision.
post #33 of 1039
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikenificent1 View Post

I've used mine for almost 5 hours on one charge no problem and still going. I didn't charge mine by USB though. I used a blackberry charger and it fully charged in about 30-45 minutes.

good suggestion. I was originally having USB from the PC charging issues, it didn't see to last long at all. I decided to try and old blackberry charger I had laying around and it works great.

eurotrance - give this a shot when you get a chance.
post #34 of 1039
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie10k View Post

good suggestion. I was originally having USB from the PC charging issues, it didn't see to last long at all. I decided to try and old blackberry charger I had laying around and it works great.

eurotrance - give this a shot when you get a chance.

Thanks guys, that did the trick!

I'm sure glad I don't have to get 3 pairs exchanged. Of course I was just closing one pair and the LCD lens broke after a plasticky click sound... I like the glasses but they're way too fragile IMO.
post #35 of 1039
Hi, guys
Long time member, but not as active lately. Been with Monster for 7 years and am the Product Area Manager for MAX3D if you have any further questions.

The Firmware update will be posted on the MAX3D micro site this week. Addresses the following issues:

1) Hunt and Seek sync improvement: If you are constantly moving the TX from one 3D TV to another, there is improved efficiency in adapting to the new TV's IR code. (In the past, it was sometimes necessary to perform a hard reset on the TX so that it can find a new TV)

2) Sharp TV 3D IR codes- The ones that Sharp ultimately deployed were not the ones they provided to us, unfortunately

3) Enhanced IR Decoding for Philips and Xpand compatible projectors

4) Improved signal detection for Samsung TVs for more flexible IR Sensor placement - Samsung's IR emitter port is the least friendly of all of the 3D Enabled tvs.


Updating the firmware is simple and painless.

Cheers
post #36 of 1039
FYI per an engineer at Bit Cauldron, the glasses can handle a refresh rate anywhere from 30Hz to 120Hz per eye (i.e. total 60-240Hz). I haven't seen this info anywhere else.
post #37 of 1039
Thread Starter 
Thanks for the update Elbert!
My Max3d worked poorly with my samsung 63 plasma (see my posts in this thread). I decided to give them another chance with a new pair. I will try tonight and report later. I wonder if i will get the same results until the firmware release.
post #38 of 1039
Thread Starter 
Elbert,

Any hope of this being Mac compatible?
Im surprised that it wasn't out of the box.
I don't own a PC.
post #39 of 1039
Hi I am new to 3D and am wondering do i need to buy the full kit or can i just buy the glasses? I picked up a samsung pnc7000 sorry this is probably a stupid question but just looking for some clarity. If i don't need the kit what are the advantages over just having the glasses?
post #40 of 1039
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydneycb View Post

Hi I am new to 3D and am wondering do i need to buy the full kit or can i just buy the glasses? I picked up a samsung pnc7000 sorry this is probably a stupid question but just looking for some clarity. If i don't need the kit what are the advantages over just having the glasses?

you need the kit for the first pair of glasses because it comes with the emitter which is necessary for the TV to be able to communicate with the glasses. Any additional glasses, you don't need the kit.
post #41 of 1039
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikenificent1 View Post

you need the kit for the first pair of glasses because it comes with the emitter which is necessary for the TV to be able to communicate with the glasses. Any additional glasses, you don't need the kit.

OK great thanks, I was a little confused..
post #42 of 1039
The emitter is allready built into the lower left hand corner of the Bezel of the Samsung plasma as show on page 20 of it's user's maual part of which is quoted below.

"
This exciting new feature enables you to view
3D content. In order to fully enjoy this feature,
you must purchase a pair of Samsung 3D
Active Glasses (SSG-2100AB, SSG-2200AR,
SSG-2200KR) to view 3D video.
Samsung 3D Active Glasses are sold
separately. For more detailed purchasing
information, contact the retailer where you purchased this TV.
✎✎The LED on the 3D emitter blinks only when sending a
3D signal.
✎✎If there is any obstacle between the emitter and 3D
Active Glasses, the proper 3D effect may not occur
"
post #43 of 1039
Quote:
Originally Posted by walford View Post

The emitter is allready built into the lower left hand corner of the Bezel of the Samsung plasma as show on page 20 of it's user's maual part of which is quoted below.

"
This exciting new feature enables you to view
3D content. In order to fully enjoy this feature,
you must purchase a pair of Samsung 3D
Active Glasses (SSG-2100AB, SSG-2200AR,
SSG-2200KR) to view 3D video.
Samsung 3D Active Glasses are sold
separately. For more detailed purchasing
information, contact the retailer where you purchased this TV.
✎✎The LED on the 3D emitter blinks only when sending a
3D signal.
✎✎If there is any obstacle between the emitter and 3D
Active Glasses, the proper 3D effect may not occur
"

so does this mean i do not need a transmitter lol
post #44 of 1039
Thread Starter 
I have a Samsung 8000 plasma.
You do need the kit for the Monster glasses. The Samsung emitter is an IR emitter. The Monster glasses will never get a signal from the TV in a million years lol.
The monster kit is used to pick up the IR signal from the Samsung and convert the signal to RF which the Monster glasses will accept.
post #45 of 1039
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampyro View Post

I have a Samsung 8000 plasma.
You do need the kit for the Monster glasses. The Samsung emitter is an IR emitter. The Monster glasses will never get a signal from the TV in a million years lol.
The monster kit is used to pick up the IR signal from the Samsung and convert the signal to RF which the Monster glasses will accept.

Hahaha yea i called monster and they told me the exact thing, thanks though
post #46 of 1039
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydneycb View Post

so does this mean i do not need a transmitter lol

I am talking about the Samsung 3D IR emitter being built into the TV and not about any other emitter.
post #47 of 1039
I am thinking of picking a couple of pairs up. My only question is if these glasses appear any brighter than the stock JVC or Xpand X103 with a JVC 3D projector?

I wanted to wait for the Xpand Youniversal glasses, but they got pushed back to the 3rd quarter of this year.
post #48 of 1039
I have the mits 73738 which has Direct IR Format Selection and Independent IR Power ON / OFF. This TV doesn't need an adapter just software update.


Question 1- I know I need the Glasses kit but do I also need to buy another emitter to plug into my port ( Vesa 3 pin ) in back of the TV ?

Question 2- Will different IR glasses work with this setup ?

Thanks
post #49 of 1039
You need either DLP-Link glasses (then you don't need the adapter kit)

OR

An emitter to plug into the TV and glasses compatible with the emitter you obtain.
post #50 of 1039
Quote:
Originally Posted by walford View Post

You need either DLP-Link glasses (then you don't need the adapter kit)

OR

An emitter to plug into the TV and glasses compatible with the emitter you obtain.

Hi


I know I don't need the adapter

I thought The Monster glasses with kit would be all I need ..so I do have to buy another emitter ?

Where would I plug that into as the mits 73738 only has one vesa 3 pin port and the monster emitter (Ir/rf) would have to be plugged into that port.

So confused

I keep going back and forth between dlp and IR glasses but think I'm going to get IR glasses ..more pro's V cons for my taste.
post #51 of 1039
OK I do need an emitter..I thought the monster kit included an emitter
but it's just a converter to RF and has it's own power cord for outlet.

Seriously..the electronic industry should be flogged for all the turmoil
they have caused us. And I pretty much know my stuff..imagine the average jane or joe

Thats alright I'll be good for years screw them !
post #52 of 1039
Just tried the firmware update and got to the last step of removing the USB from the computer, plugged it back into the USB of the back of my tv ......and then nothing. No lights came on the transmitter or anything! Doesn't even turn on. Tried to reconnect to the computer it it doesn't recognize it now. Thought that it needed to update the glasses as the instructions say.......no go there either. Called Monster and the guy was stumped so he has to call a tech and call me tomorrow.
Has anyone did the update? Am I missing something here???

Please advise
post #53 of 1039
anyone know when these are coming to Canada
post #54 of 1039
Quote:
Originally Posted by space2001 View Post

anyone know when these are coming to Canada

i emailed monster and they didn't give a date but said they would be distributed through future shop and best buy.things sure are messed up here in canada.i am running out of patience with this 3d.it seems it is not user friendly for us in canada.
post #55 of 1039
Canadians always get screwed
post #56 of 1039
Quote:
Originally Posted by space2001 View Post

Canadians always get screwed

if you find them available let me know and i will do likewise.thanks.
post #57 of 1039
Quote:
Originally Posted by knobby View Post

if you find them available let me know and i will do likewise.thanks.

for sure
post #58 of 1039
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Rain View Post

OK I do need an emitter..I thought the monster kit included an emitter
but it's just a converter to RF and has it's own power cord for outlet.

Seriously..the electronic industry should be flogged for all the turmoil
they have caused us. And I pretty much know my stuff..imagine the average jane or joe

Thats alright I'll be good for years screw them !

If your TV/Projector has a Vesa 3D port on the back, you don't need an extra emitter, the kit comes with one that you plug directly into that port.
post #59 of 1039
does this glasses compatible with nvidia 3d version or not?
post #60 of 1039
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikenificent1 View Post


If your TV/Projector has a Vesa 3D port on the back, you don't need an extra emitter, the kit comes with one that you plug directly into that port.

So, even though the port is supposed to be for an IR emitter, the monster vision rf adaptor will work??

I've got the same situation as a previous poster. Mits WD-73838 with no 3D "stuff" yet. I was hoping the device could be plugged directly into my tv without having to buy an IR adaptor.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: 3D Tech Talk
AVS › AVS Forum › 3D Central › 3D Tech Talk › Official Monster Vision Max 3D Thread