or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Other Areas of Interest › Camcorders › Canon HF G10, XA10, XF100, XF105 Owners Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Canon HF G10, XA10, XF100, XF105 Owners Thread

post #1 of 4142
Thread Starter 
I am starting this thread because these cameras will be available soon and no doubt will need a thread other than the TM700, TM900 and Sony 560 Threads.

I see no reason to not start at the top.
Here is a low light movie made using the Canon XF100
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ls6aOyacb0c

Here is a real world practical test of the Canon XF100.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41PVc...eature=related

Low light looks very very good on this camera.
post #2 of 4142
Steve, the more I see, the more I think the new Canons are the cams to beat. Low light is simply superb on these units (HF-G10, M Series, anything using their new sensor). So where do we get one...tell me, PLEASE!!!!
post #3 of 4142
metooo, I want a hf g10.....do u guys have any idea when is going to be available to buy and where ?

Do u guys think that these new canon camcorders may be in some extent low radioactive ? Sorry for the stupid question above..but u know, looking at the news, it is something that come up in your mind, even if u do not want to......I feel so sorry for the Japanese friends..I wish them the best...keep strong !!! don't give up !!! I love Japanese culture...
post #4 of 4142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Ross View Post

Steve, the more I see, the more I think the new Canons are the cams to beat. Low light is simply superb on these units (HF-G10, M Series, anything using their new sensor). So where do we get one...tell me, PLEASE!!!!

It is possible to buy M41, M40 and M400 in Singapore and maybe other Asian countries.
post #5 of 4142
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcolisi View Post

metooo, I want a hf g10.....do u guys have any idea when is going to be available to buy and where ?

Do u guys think that these new canon camcorders may be in some extent low radioactive ? Sorry for the stupid question above..but u know, looking at the news, it is something that come up in your mind, even if u do not want to......I feel so sorry for the Japanese friends..I wish them the best...keep strong !!! don't give up !!! I love Japanese culture...

I don't think that is a stupid ? At all. I feel awful for all the people in that area. This is going to impact all of the world for sometime. The Cars being shipped over will they be safe? The one thing I can tell you is that most of the citys and towns have equipment that detects the smallest amount of radiation. The shipping companys should do this too. How I know it works well is our fire Dept in the city I work for have these devices on there vehicles and we got a call to stop a car that had been detected with radiation come to find out it was a man just treated for cancer. Funny and scary all at the same time.
post #6 of 4142
BTW, the Canon M41 with the same sensor as the HF-G10 is available now. This could be a very nice option in that it has many of the features of the G10 (sensor, VF etc.), is cheaper, but doesn't have that nice WA lens of the G10.

Edit: Sorry guys, I thought the M41 was available, but like the G10, it's not. Bummer.
post #7 of 4142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Ross View Post

BTW, the Canon M41 with the same sensor as the HF-G10 is available now. This could be a very nice option in that it has many of the features of the G10 (sensor, VF etc.), is cheaper, but doesn't have that nice WA lens of the G10.

Edit: Sorry guys, I thought the M41 was available, but like the G10, it's not. Bummer.

but are u sure that the M41 is at the same level of the HF-G10 ?

I think that the HF-G10 has more than just the WA lens....
post #8 of 4142
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcolisi View Post

but are u sure that the M41 is at the same level of the HF-G10 ?

I think that the HF-G10 has more than just the WA lens....

You can compare the spec's on Canon USA's website the chip is the same, however depending on which model you choose, you start to give up memory and functions and I believe lens size is all the same on the 40,41 and 400 but not the Hf g10 or AX10 models


purplestinger
post #9 of 4142
Steve I am happy to see this new Canon thread, I have and older Canon HG10 that has been very useful. I just switched to the Sony's to see how well they preformed.

I am looking forward to reading and seeing how they compare with the other Mfg. camcorders.
post #10 of 4142
Thread Starter 
Well if I come across any info from anywhere about genuine release dates or anything I'll be sure to post them.

Right now it looks pretty glum.
post #11 of 4142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Cebu View Post

Well if I come across any info from anywhere about genuine release dates or anything I'll be sure to post them.

Right now it looks pretty glum.

I just returned from my local Best Buy and it looks like people are snapping everything in sight up quickly.
The other day when I found my Sony 560V there were only two, and they had just arrived the night before. Sales lady had to check if it was Ok to sell it at that time.
Glad it was because today the other one was gone, and they don't expect to get any more soon if ever.

So I hope Canon will be better off with their Mfg.site so they can ship their products.
Keep in mind I have both a Canon 60D&7D. So I am all for Canon.
post #12 of 4142
post #13 of 4142
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcolisi View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGGYdlNP-Wg


Nice video, I wonder what filters they are using?
I still think the XA10 is a better deal than the HF G10 as it has more features and dual XLR inputs as well as the gimmicky night vision.

That said it might be 6 months before we see it.
post #14 of 4142
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcolisi View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGGYdlNP-Wg

Wow, very nice! From what I've seen from good light footage, as limited as its been, there is no question the image in bright light will be very very nice. The low light image should be excellent. This is why I see this unit as being the best balanced cam out there. For me the HF-G10 is perfect, I don't need the XLR inputs or the additional features for pleasure use.

But when? Next week? Next month? Next year?

Now the guy I spoke to last week said these cams were already in a container vessel on their way. So who knows?
post #15 of 4142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Ross View Post

Wow, very nice! From what I've seen from good light footage, as limited as its been, there is no question the image in bright light will be very very nice. The low light image should be excellent. This is why I see this unit as being the best balanced cam out there. For me the HF-G10 is perfect, I don't need the XLR inputs or the additional features for pleasure use.

But when? Next week? Next month? Next year?

Now the guy I spoke to last week said these cams were already in a container vessel on their way. So who knows?

Don't suppose you would be willing to share the name of the retailer claiming to have them coming on Wednesday?
post #16 of 4142
Abt
post #17 of 4142
Great! That's where mine is on order!
post #18 of 4142
ErLupo, keep in mind that I'm really very skeptical they'll actually get them in this Wednesday. I hope I'm wrong big time!
post #19 of 4142
Ken, I'm with you on that. The rep told me last week they were expecting them at the end of this month. That's more in line with what I had heard from Canon. Hopefully they had been shipped before the tragedy in Japan hit.

If not, oh well...
post #20 of 4142
According to B&H, the Canon Rep told them that Canon was withdrawing all delivery dates on virtually everything and would not commit to anything.
post #21 of 4142
Person I just spoke to at Abt said they expect them soon but no firm date.
post #22 of 4142
All of Canon's manufacturing facility's are off line too re route the power and energy to residential places that have lost power do to the earth quake/Tsunami.

purplestinger
post #23 of 4142
All of Canon's manufacturing facility's are off line too re route the power and energy to residential places that have lost power do to the earth quake/Tsunami.

purplestinger
post #24 of 4142
Looking at all the pro camera reviews and due to no stock any where for the new canons has any one looked into these. They seem a little older tech but solid. Just wondering only a few days left for me to see if I'm going to keep the tm900.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...Camcorder.html
post #25 of 4142
I just ordered the canon hf g10 from an online store....1399 dollas including shipping and no taxes. They told me that their distributor told them that they will be shipping them the cameras before the end of this month...lets keep the fingers crosses....my feeling is that I payed less, for the disturb to wait.....well maybe the 100 dollars of saving would be worth...expecially if than I find out that the canon is worst than my sony xr550 and I was better to get the cx700
post #26 of 4142
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcolisi View Post

I just ordered the canon hf g10 from an online store....1399 dollas including shipping and no taxes. They told me that their distributor told them that they will be shipping them the cameras before the end of this month...lets keep the fingers crosses....my feeling is that I payed less, for the disturb to wait.....well maybe the 100 dollars of saving would be worth...expecially if than I find out that the canon is worst than my sony xr550 and I was better to get the cx700

Somebody just bull S%^&t you, get your money back, if you can? Lots of scams and money making interest while you wait for months.

Can you please tell us who you ordered from, I like to speak with them.
about this conflicting info you just gave us from them, who ever they are? Be careful my friend, the bad are always lurking.

purplestinger
post #27 of 4142
As I've said elsewhere, there are dealers from which you can pre-order without risking or putting down a dime. These are reputable dealers and there is nothing to be risked. If your camera comes in your card is charged. If it doesn't your card is not charged. No B.S., no risk.

I have one such order with a very reputable dealer who said the camera should be in no later than next week. What could anyone possibly have to lose with placing an order like that?

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
post #28 of 4142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Ross View Post

As I've said elsewhere, there are dealers from which you can pre-order without risking or putting down a dime. These are reputable dealers and there is nothing to be risked. If your camera comes in your card is charged. If it doesn't your card is not charged. No B.S., no risk.

I have one such order with a very reputable dealer who said the camera should be in no later than next week. What could anyone possibly have to lose with placing an order like that?

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Please share your reputable dealer with the forum member. I'm sure he will be greatful for the extra business Ken.

thanks, chris m.
post #29 of 4142
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplestinger View Post

Please share your reputable dealer with the forum member. I'm sure he will be greatful for the extra business Ken.

thanks, chris m.

I've already done that in another thread. ABT.
post #30 of 4142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Ross View Post

I've already done that in another thread. ABT.

Actually you did it in this thread. 12 posts above him asking.

Crutchfield is another reputable dealer taking pre-orders and not charging. Though I prefer not to use Crutchfield for other reasons.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Camcorders
AVS › AVS Forum › Other Areas of Interest › Camcorders › Canon HF G10, XA10, XF100, XF105 Owners Thread