or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Samsung PNxxD450/PNxxD490 Owners Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Samsung PNxxD450/PNxxD490 Owners Thread - Page 55

post #1621 of 1859
GamerBoy40 glad it worked out for you

those the same settings i use on my 51d7000 as well
post #1622 of 1859
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bachelor View Post

I use a 2tb external drive using the USB port with no issues. When watching 3d content I do have to physically unplug and then plug back in the hdmi cord from the back of the TV and then it works. Seems to be another issue with using model d7000. Small price to pay for the increase in picture quality and I don't watch too much of 3d content.

I'll try that the picture really is good. I changed it back after the 3D didn't work but it's easy to fix.
post #1623 of 1859
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bachelor View Post

I use a 2tb external drive using the USB port with no issues. When watching 3d content I do have to physically unplug and then plug back in the hdmi cord from the back of the TV and then it works. Seems to be another issue with using model d7000. Small price to pay for the increase in picture quality and I don't watch too much of 3d content.

Hmm I use your settings (with the set renamed to D7000), & I watched Transformers: Dark of the Moon this past Monday & it seemed that the 3D was fine. I think I will try again when I go home today & reseat the cable & see what happens.
post #1624 of 1859
Anyone know if you can record tv from component to a external hdd through the USB? I have a ps43d490 and I see a record button but nothing happens when I press it
post #1625 of 1859
Any reports on image retention/burn in? I ask because I really want to play my PS2 but I can't get rid of the small black bars on the side. Plus, I want to play certain games on the PS3 that have constant HUD's on the screen. Anytime I look up the issue, I find articles that date back to the 2004-2007 time range, and I know plasmas have improved since then, just not sure how much.
post #1626 of 1859
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgin187 View Post

Anyone know if you can record tv from component to a external hdd through the USB? I have a ps43d490 and I see a record button but nothing happens when I press it

I believe that functionality is only enabled for european models.
post #1627 of 1859
Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerBoy40 View Post

Any reports on image retention/burn in? I ask because I really want to play my PS2 but I can't get rid of the small black bars on the side. Plus, I want to play certain games on the PS3 that have constant HUD's on the screen. Anytime I look up the issue, I find articles that date back to the 2004-2007 time range, and I know plasmas have improved since then, just not sure how much.

I will say this... my wife has a bad habit of sometimes pausing tv shows for awhile when getting distracted by other things (like my children... so it's not like it's a bad thing she's pausing it). I've been concerned that despite the advancements on this set, that we'd still be seeing issues with the amount of time sometimes she has paused it.

As of now, no image retention and burn in has occurred at all - and I've caught the TV paused and on sometimes for 40 minutes or more...
post #1628 of 1859
Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerBoy40 View Post

Any reports on image retention/burn in? I ask because I really want to play my PS2 but I can't get rid of the small black bars on the side. Plus, I want to play certain games on the PS3 that have constant HUD's on the screen. Anytime I look up the issue, I find articles that date back to the 2004-2007 time range, and I know plasmas have improved since then, just not sure how much.

All I can say is do not use this plasma as a computer monitor...
post #1629 of 1859
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovswr View Post

Hmm I use your settings (with the set renamed to D7000), & I watched Transformers: Dark of the Moon this past Monday & it seemed that the 3D was fine. I think I will try again when I go home today & reseat the cable & see what happens.

unplugging and plugging back in the cable is only needed when 3d is not engaging when pushing the button. It seems it needs to resync for it to kick over to 3d mode.
post #1630 of 1859
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunon View Post

I believe that functionality is only enabled for european models.

Thanx for the reply. I have the European model but cannot get the function to record to hdd to work. My model is the ps43d490
post #1631 of 1859
Has anyone sucessfully done the d7000 hack on a North American 51d450 ? In the service menu "d7000" is not an option for model.
post #1632 of 1859
Just use D560 as the model number you will get cinema smooth
post #1633 of 1859
What model number did you pick ? pb560 ?
post #1634 of 1859
Yup but rem to write your calibration settings down they default whwn u access the svc menu
post #1635 of 1859
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntrisKKT View Post

All I can say is do not use this plasma as a computer monitor...

That's not much of a concern for me since I didn't plan to use it for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterOz View Post

I will say this... my wife has a bad habit of sometimes pausing tv shows for awhile when getting distracted by other things (like my children... so it's not like it's a bad thing she's pausing it). I've been concerned that despite the advancements on this set, that we'd still be seeing issues with the amount of time sometimes she has paused it.

As of now, no image retention and burn in has occurred at all - and I've caught the TV paused and on sometimes for 40 minutes or more...

Well that gives me some hope. I guess I should play things safe but not completely stop playing certain games because of the fear of burn in.
post #1636 of 1859
Looks like the 51E450 may have lower lines of resolution, according to specs on BB website, at 1024x768 lines of resolution. Still trying to confirm. The D450 has 13--x768, so you may want to buy a D450 before they disappear if that is important to you. Although one review said the E450 has a very nice picture.
post #1637 of 1859
Hey just wanted to ask if anybody else was setting the WB values to 128 in the service menu (D490)

and when i was exploring the EDID stuff in the service menu

i recognized "EDID VER" shows HDMI is 1.2 and can be changed to 1.3

so does it mean wich version the HDMI ports are ? cause i thought the TV has HDMI 1.4


this made me a little bit curious
post #1638 of 1859
Finally picked up my 43" D450 today.

I'm using it in a bedroom, with only a single window behind it. Without adjusting anything (other than turning on SRS trusurround HD) the picture is stunning. 100x better than the 1080p/60Hz LCD I returned.

I'm seeing no motion blur or blotchy spots when people move whatsoever. There's also no dead pixels (not sure if that is even a problem with plasmas)

Can anyone recommend settings I should use for the first 100 or so hours while breaking it in? Or should I leave it as is? And should I just try to watch movies that cover the whole screen during the break in period? I'm going to avoid watching channels with logos for more than an hour at a time for now.

Also, how long should I run the scrolling option to avoid the burn in? I thought 1 hour might be good?

fwiw, I'm using an HDMI.

Sorry for all the noob questions, and thanks in advance for any responses.
post #1639 of 1859
I noticed after doing the D560 hack there is now network options in the menu. Has anyone tried using the samsung linkstick after the hack?
post #1640 of 1859
hmm i dunno if its quite normal a bit or not for plasma tv , this is my first one btw ! (Ps43d490) (EU)

the running time not above 100 hours

so last day i recognized while watching 3d on bright scenes that i have like 4 brighter spots on the screen ?

And if i look at plain white screens i see a bit of this Dirty screen effect or what its called

i attached a picture where u could see the spots ( had to reduce the brightness in Photoshop so u might see it better cause my cam is crap)


and i saw this from another User ! it shows how my tv looks like


LL
post #1641 of 1859
I dont know if this issue was raise before.. my question is it is possible to use flash drive in playing 3D movies... downloaded 3D movies in torrent site mostly 5-13Gb in capacity put in USB flash drive... does anyone had tried it???
post #1642 of 1859
PN43D490 3D Concern:

I dont know if this issue was raise before.. my question is it is possible to use flash drive in playing 3D movies... downloaded 3D movies in torrent site mostly 5-13Gb in capacity put in USB flash drive... does anyone had tried it???
post #1643 of 1859
It works. I use an external hdd hooked up to my bluray player instead of using the USB port on the TV because it locks into dynamic mode.
post #1644 of 1859
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bachelor View Post

It works. I use an external hdd hooked up to my bluray player instead of using the USB port on the TV because it locks into dynamic mode.

When you begin to play the file though, it allows you to calibrate it. Unless ours are different.
post #1645 of 1859
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stilltheboss View Post

Just use D560 as the model number you will get cinema smooth

What menu does cinema smooth option show. I changed my D430 to PB560 and did not see the option
post #1646 of 1859
Its under picture options film mode, make sure your watching at 24hz and HD then cinema smooth will become available
post #1647 of 1859
How do you find out how many hours you've put on your plasma? Can't seem to find it in the menu.
post #1648 of 1859
Quick question, does cinema smooth also work in games, like on the ps3?
post #1649 of 1859
I think more so movies cuz you need 24hz playback to get Cinema Smooth to work
post #1650 of 1859
Was hoping it does. To make 30fps games run smoother. I missed the motion plus of my LCD, but plasma has all the advantages in picture quality. Thanks for the reply.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Plasma Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Samsung PNxxD450/PNxxD490 Owners Thread