or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › 3D Central › 3D Tech Talk › 3D Theatre - VIP Product Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

3D Theatre - VIP Product Thread - Page 9

post #241 of 2235
Got my email from consignia saying its been shipped with tracking numbers(displayer).
post #242 of 2235
I can't wait for my order,
VIP 3D-Theater
VIP 3D Infrared Active Shutter Glasses Includes IR Emitter for 60hz & 120hz Projectors
And extra glasses.

This will hold me over until I get a passive 3d tv most likely a 2011 LG 55/65 or something else in the future.
I'll use the VIP 3D-Theater on the new tv to have an active/passive all in one best of both worlds tv.
I really don't get why LG or Vizio does not include an active option on passive sets and sell the glasses separate if needed.

Any one know if the VIP 3D-Theater will work on 120hz or higher tvs in 120hz mode using the infrared emitter?
post #243 of 2235
Quote:
Originally Posted by acem77 View Post

Any one know if the VIP 3D-Theater will work on 120hz or higher tvs in 120hz mode using the infrared emitter?

Glasses and IR emitter are rated for 60hz and 120hz.
post #244 of 2235
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeezra View Post

Got my email from consignia saying its been shipped with tracking numbers(displayer).

Let us know if this unit has the infrared sync out for glasses for 60/120HZ. I would switch my order if I could be sure it will work with a polarity rotator and passive glasses. We have not seen pictures posted of this unit only the theater.
post #245 of 2235






Dont know if this would be of any help Mike or any of you. Jay sent it to me via email. I would recommend buying off him to anybody.
post #246 of 2235
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeezra View Post







Dont know if this would be of any help Mike or any of you. Jay sent it to me via email. I would recommend buying off him to anybody.

I will need to give him a call and talk to him. Sure looks like it should work. Unit also has more versatility than the 3D-XL. A little pricier with all the accessories.
post #247 of 2235
sorry didn't mean to quote everything just the answer.
post #248 of 2235
LOL I'm not tech savvy. I still dont know the answer.
post #249 of 2235
Thread Starter 
Heres another video, this time the Theatre was Tested with an Optoma HD66.

Important to note is I am using the same 60hz/120hz glasses that Vip sells with the emitter, and they worked flawlessly with the HD66.

So for me the glasses are an Incredible piece being they can be used with so many different units.

Couple that with the theatre's ability to display TnB, SbS, and frame packed, I cant say enough about the unit.

Good luck to all, hope you get yours soon! I will be away for a few days but will try to check in and see if I can help!

Heres a link to the vid,...................
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYJnQn9uCtw

Enjoy!
post #250 of 2235
Has anyone gotten their shipping confirmation for the Theatre?
post #251 of 2235
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiehunter47 View Post

Has anyone gotten their shipping confirmation for the Theatre?

I have not yet, but it seems like the folks who orderred through consigna (above) have.

Anyone who's ordered direct heard from Jonathan yet?
post #252 of 2235
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiehunter47 View Post

Has anyone gotten their shipping confirmation for the Theatre?

Yes, I got my Paypal notification late yesterday of being sent by USPS Priority, supposed to arrive tomorrow!
post #253 of 2235
Quote:
Originally Posted by threed123 View Post

Yes, I got my Paypal notification late yesterday of being sent by USPS Priority, supposed to arrive tomorrow!

Did you order direct from VIP?
post #254 of 2235
I ordered direct from Jonathan, no e-mail yet. I was hoping that would be the faster method.
post #255 of 2235
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebard View Post

Did you order direct from VIP?

I ordered direct, but several weeks ago, so I was in the que before most on this board got in, so probably why I am getting one of the first ones.
post #256 of 2235
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiehunter47 View Post

I ordered direct from Jonathan, no e-mail yet. I was hoping that would be the faster method.

I ordered it also direct with jonathan.

Lets hope that it ships soon to us.

Best regards cees beekhuyzen
post #257 of 2235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chezbrgr2 View Post

Heres another video, this time the Theatre was Tested with an Optoma HD66.

Important to note is I am using the same 60hz/120hz glasses that Vip sells with the emitter, and they worked flawlessly with the HD66.

So for me the glasses are an Incredible piece being they can be used with so many different units.

Couple that with the theatre's ability to display TnB, SbS, and frame packed, I cant say enough about the unit.

Good luck to all, hope you get yours soon! I will be away for a few days but will try to check in and see if I can help!

Heres a link to the vid,...................
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYJnQn9uCtw

Enjoy!

Thanks for all these videos. As far as brightness loss with this new video. It does look like it is a 3 F-stop drop in light. So the 84% loss seems to be about right. Great to see it working so well in all the different setups you have shown us.

Tonight I played the video on my projection setup and when the camera was taking pictures through the glasses I could compare the light loss with my ND filters and the glasses loss against the basketball court. The ND8 filter came very close to the same amount of light loss as the glasses. It was nice to see that the glasses were very neutral in color temp to my neutral high quality ND8 filters.

So if you want to know how bright your setup will be with the 3D-Theater get a neutral density (ND8) filter and that will be pretty close.

Regards,

Ron
post #258 of 2235
Just received mine

ordered from consignia.ca

It's finally 3D movie time with beer, popcorn and flipping the finger to Optoma during the movie
post #259 of 2235
Quote:
Originally Posted by perfectdark View Post

Just received mine

ordered from consignia.ca

It's finally 3D movie time with beer, popcorn and flipping the finger to Optoma during the movie

Please Let us know what you think off it.

And what kind off setup do u use it with.

Best regards
post #260 of 2235
Just got my tracking number for my direct payment to jonathan through paypal, I cant wait!
post #261 of 2235
ok, haven't heard from VIP, but Paypal shows it as shipped.

Yay!
post #262 of 2235
Would it be safe to assume that the reduction in brightness would be less of a factor with a flat panel tv (i.e. plasma, lcd, or led/lcd) than with a front projector?

If this thing will indeed work with any of the millions of flat panel sets already out there, eliminating the need to purchase a new set at twice the cost of this device I see a huge market for them. From everything I've read in this thread about the usefulness of the product and the customer service provided by VIP these guys deserve to be multimillionaires.

Imagine the potential if economy of scale and good marketing made this available at BB for anything under $300?
post #263 of 2235
Got a tracking number for mine.

Excellent...
post #264 of 2235
By the way, would this device be compatible with xpand103 glasses if going the ir route?
post #265 of 2235
AAAEEEIIIIIII!

My Mits3800 bulb exploded. Only had 1000 hours in eco mode. I now have my ACER as my main projector, but won't be able to test 60hz on the Mits until I get the bulb (and who knows what) replaced....UGHHHHHHH!
post #266 of 2235
Quote:
Originally Posted by threed123 View Post

AAAEEEIIIIIII!

My Mits3800 bulb exploded. Only had 1000 hours in eco mode. I now have my ACER as my main projector, but won't be able to test 60hz on the Mits until I get the bulb (and who knows what) replaced....UGHHHHHHH!

Darth Vader : "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOO"

I was so looking forward to seeing how it works out on your HC3800.

Sorry to hear about your loss dude. I feel for you. Hope you're up and running on it soon.

Bill
post #267 of 2235
The ironies of life!
post #268 of 2235
It doesn't usually hurt anything, I've had a few bulbs explode in various projectors.
post #269 of 2235
That's it. I'm ordering a new bulb right now.
post #270 of 2235
anyone with the 3D-Theatre i would like some help here

my 3D-Theatre, as its not working.
I have the HD66 and the WDTV Live
I am powering the 3D-Theatre from the WDTV live (and i tried a different power source)
I connect hdmi from wdtv live to hdmi input, i connect hdmi output to HD66
i've tried both dip switch #1 on and off
when i power it all up the on light is green and the LINK light is green for about 3-5 seconds and then the link light goes off and stays off


UPDATE

now its strange the ON and LINK light are both green and staying on... but i have no picture on the projector or TV

UPDATE 2

now , and i havent changed anything, i got the link light and a SBS output picture .. have no idea why it appeared out of the blue. I pressed the P1 button for SBS and the link light flashes on and off slowly and the 3D light is solid but i have no picture again

UPDATE 3
now it just started working
what the hell is going on here
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: 3D Tech Talk
AVS › AVS Forum › 3D Central › 3D Tech Talk › 3D Theatre - VIP Product Thread