Oh, hi there! This theatre is just about "finished" as of 11/2012 but the project is very much an ongoing thing. It's my hobby. Since I wrote this first post I've morphed the design and overall concept quite a bit. The video archive and Table of Contents in the next post down does a pretty good job of showing you my progress. All of my videos are produced in timelapse which, as you'll see has also progressed in quality since my first attempt.
Thanks for dropping by!
My theatre was featured in Electronic House in May, 2013. Have a look at this excellent article.
Here are photos as the project stands in January 2013.
- Room: 24'-4" x 16'-8" with 8'-1" ceilings. Single 5/8" drywall direct to stud (standard) w/ R30 in walls and ceiling. Soffits are drywall over wood w/ IC 4" cans and R30.
- Screen: Seymour Center Stage XD acoustically transparent. 139" diagnonal viewed from ~ 12 feet
- Projector: JVC RS45
- Speakers: Meridian DSP 5000 24/96 (L,C,R), Meridian DSP 5000 16/44 (SL,SR,RL,RR), Two LFE Lil' Mike Cinema F20 (15" horn-loaded subwoofers)
- Electronics: Behringer DSP1000 (subwoofers), Meridan 568.2mm Surround Processor, Meridian 562v.2
- Sources: Mac Mini running XBMC Eden, Samsung Blu-ray, Apple TV 3rd Generation, Logitech Squeezebox
- Infrastructure: Synology DS1812+ NAS hosting ~6TB of (LEGAL) media, DLink and Apple Gigabit switches
- Rack: Middle Atlantic
- Power Management: Too many power strips. Soon to be ETA sequencer or similar.
- Power Draw: ~950w in use, ~300w in standby (unacceptable!)
- Lighting: 8 overhead LED 6" fixtures, 21 perimeter 4" fixtures w/ 40w incandescents. Lutron Diva LED Dimmers.
- Control: Crestron QM-RMC, Crestron Mobile Pro G App for iPad, Custom software, XBMC-Commander app, Apple Remote app, iPeng app (for Squeezebox)
- Seating: Palliser sectional. Seats 5 for a movie but 4 is more comfortable.
- Acoustic Treatments: 2" Linacoustic RC ductliner on screen wall, bass traps coming soon
- Paint: Restoration Hardware 'Charcoal' (soffits, rear wall, closet door, trim), Restoration Hardware 'Shore' (walls), Behr 'Mouse Ears' (ceiling, rack corner, exterior door)
- Decoration: Custom-designed CNC carving on two sheets of MDF 3/4" (rear wall). Finished in clear satin finish.
- Future: Bass trapping (right of stage behind panel), reflection absorption (2" Linacoustic behind custom-printed 19th century map of London)
Edited by jdanforth - 5/29/13 at 12:43pm