I know that it has been a while. Life keeps getting in the way! Summer is our busiest time at work and it's hard to come in and do anything with the theatre when I get home at 7 or later.
Here and there, however, I have been designing the room in my head and in Sketchup. I've been rolling ideas around in my head, dismissing them, compromising a bit here and there, etc. I've also been haunting the threads here and saving pictures to my scrapbook folder for reference.
I decided that enough is enough and it was high time I got messy! I tore up the carpet in the basement this morning so that I could make room for the stage. I also knocked out a row of ceramic tiles for the same reason. It was a lot of fun getting the tacking strip up. Hooray for tetanus boosters!
After a little cleanup I went to Lowe's and bought a bunch of pressure treated lumber to build the stage. I'm using 2x10" pressure treated lumber for the project. I figured that would be a good height based on what I've seen here.
This week I'm going to work on building the stage and this coming weekend I'm hoping to be ready for plastic liner and sand.