For the past week I've been building some panels to go around the screen. I'm not finished yet but the panels are almost finished and then will need a couple hours to install and finalize.
But first... have a look at the (blurry, horrible, cellphone snapshot) XBMC screenshot. This is great software that's a lot of fun to use. It has replaced my AppleTV use 100%.
Then, have a look at the couch that I bought a while ago but haven't gotten around to showing you! This one's made by Palliser.
I built a total of six frames using finger jointed pine. I used pocket screws to put them together but I reinforced some of the larger ones with steel corner brackets.
Then a little test fitting. Some fit immediately.
But more than half didn't. :-(
I laid out the frames on some black FR-701 that I bought from Fabricmate.
And the result is VERY pleasing. It's remarkable what a difference the panels make to my enjoyment of the room.
So there you have it. The first work I've done down in the theatre since Maker Faire in June! I still have a video in the works that shows painting the room. It's coming. Promise!
I still need to paint the columns that support the screen, install a couple supports to keep these new panels from falling all over the place, and generally tidy them up. I've got a LOT of work coming up in the next 6 weeks so theatre work will be put on hold again. Ah well... at least it's functional!