or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › 2012 F1 in HDTV
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2012 F1 in HDTV - Page 14  

post #391 of 789
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjames View Post

You never know - I went to the inaugural Long Beach GP and it was heaven. Nobody there Friday and Saturday, had the run of the place. No internet then though ...

While LB had some experience with racing, Austin hasn't a bit.wink.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceTripper View Post

We just decided not to go and canceled our hotel. We'll see how things go before deciding to attend anything next year.
I hate to say it, but I think that's a smart move.
I wanted to go, but with all of the stopping and starting and funding problems and lack of leadership, etc...., I suspect it will not be an enjoyable experience.frown.gif
post #392 of 789
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

While LB had some experience with racing, Austin hasn't a bit.wink.gif
I hate to say it, but I think that's a smart move.
I wanted to go, but with all of the stopping and starting and funding problems and lack of leadership, etc...., I suspect it will not be an enjoyable experience.frown.gif

One of the major problems I see is parking and transportation. There is no parking at the track beyond the limited number of passes, which I think go to PSL holders. That means the only way to get to and from the track is via a shuttle service. I think that is going to be a nightmare. I can imagine very long waits in line to get a ride. That's not for me. My lower back can't take standing in line for very long.
post #393 of 789
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceTripper View Post

One of the major problems I see is parking and transportation.
I agree.

Quote:
My lower back can't take standing in line for very long.
Neither can mine....
post #394 of 789
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

While LB had some experience with racing, Austin hasn't a bit.wink.gif
Not much - they made them run one race the previous year to prove they could do it (because of it being a street course?) but that was it. I'm talking about 1976 here, the first one, not later when you never knew what LBGP really meant.
post #395 of 789
It was a nice race, I love Montreal because you can actually pass someone, we saw several..

Bad day for Alonso, tires gave up, Hamilton got "lucky" there

Very impressive day for Perez, came from 15th to 3rd

Love to see the race live, I missed those...
post #396 of 789
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post

It was a nice race, I love Montreal because you can actually pass someone, we saw several..
Bad day for Alonso, tires gave up, Hamilton got "lucky" there
Very impressive day for Perez, came from 15th to 3rd
Love to see the race live, I missed those...

Sauber is threatening to play with the big boys, and not doing a bad job of it. They're stealing Force India's and Williams' thunder, and knocking on Mercedes door. Impressive. This should net them some better sponsorship before long.
post #397 of 789
I thought it was the best race of the season. Three top drivers, on different strategies, and it worked perfectly for one of them. The com with Hamilton cracked me up - basically telling Lewis he needed to drive his ass off. Lewis is like, "okay."
post #398 of 789
Another great, unpredictable race.

Now that we have 7 races and 7 different winners, it's time for M.S. or Kimi to win next time out.tongue.gif
post #399 of 789
The taped delayed races on FOX are very annoying.
Sunday the race is 8am EDT and FOX is airing it at 12pm EDT.
I'd rather have them live on Speed.
post #400 of 789
Quote:
Originally Posted by icemannyr View Post

The taped delayed races on FOX are very annoying.
Sunday the race is 8am EDT and FOX is airing it at 12pm EDT.
I'd rather have them live on Speed.
+1
I like the idea of watching races on Sunday morning with my coffee and DirecTV DVR....
post #401 of 789
Quote:
Originally Posted by icemannyr View Post

The taped delayed races on FOX are very annoying.
Sunday the race is 8am EDT and FOX is airing it at 12pm EDT.
I'd rather have them live on Speed.

Could be worse, WAGA in Atlanta delayed it till 2 to show infomercials...
post #402 of 789
What a dramatic race!

What can you say about Alonso?
3 former World Champions on the podium.
Just WOW!smile.gifcool.gif
post #403 of 789
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

What a dramatic race!
What can you say about Alonso?
3 former World Champions on the podium.
Just WOW!smile.gifcool.gif



Agreed! Every time you turned around someone was dropping out or whacking into each other!

Alonso has been amazing this year! He's been squeezing every ounce of performance out of the Ferrari . He's easily driver of the year so far.

It's great to see Red Bull have some problems this year. Last year it seems like Vettel could race backwards and still win! tongue.gif

BTW, what the hell is wrong with Lewis Hamilton? Did he get in trouble again for ignoring some yellow flags? I heard they were investigating him. And a great way to get knocked out of the race. rolleyes.gif Maybe if he grows up he may win another drivers championship.
post #404 of 789
Quote:
Originally Posted by ti-triodes View Post


Alonso has been amazing this year! He's been squeezing every ounce of performance out of the Ferrari . He's easily driver of the year so far.
Agreed.
Redbull and McLaren seem to be the class of the field (by a small amount).

Take a look at the difference in results from Alonso to Massa....eek.gif
How the heck is FA able to do what he has done?

Quote:
BTW, what the hell is wrong with Lewis Hamilton? Did he get in trouble again for ignoring some yellow flags? I heard they were investigating him. And a great way to get knocked out of the race. rolleyes.gif Maybe if he grows up he may win another drivers championship.
Apparently, PM will be penalized (instead of Hamilton)...not sure if it is appropriate...
post #405 of 789
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

Apparently, PM will be penalized (instead of Hamilton)



Thanks. It seems like every race Hamilton is getting into some sort of trouble. Maybe his sour puss father is pushing him too much. smile.gif
post #406 of 789
Quote:
Originally Posted by ti-triodes View Post

Thanks. It seems like every race Hamilton is getting into some sort of trouble. Maybe his sour puss father is pushing him too much. smile.gif

Actually, I think Hamilton has been very good so far this year. He's had problems with his pit stops but much fewer visits to the stewards compared to last year. He also seems more calm and composed if something goes wrong. He's definitely matured much
post #407 of 789
Wow, great more Hamilton talk.rolleyes.gif I haven't figured out why he is the anointed one in Britain and gets much more press than Button. At best, he is the third best driver in F1 behind Vettel and Alonso.
post #408 of 789
Quote:
Originally Posted by ti-triodes View Post

Thanks. It seems like every race Hamilton is getting into some sort of trouble. Maybe his sour puss father is pushing him too much. smile.gif
Hamilton has/is immature when compared to a lot of his competitors.
His past "problems" merely reflect that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericglo View Post

At best, he is the third best driver in F1 behind Vettel and Alonso.
The thing with LH is he is VERY fast.
Unfortunately, he is lacking in other things.wink.gif
post #409 of 789
He is slowly learning and maturing.Lewis has been spoiled by Mc Laren since they first signed him as a teenager. Let's not lie to each other and pretend we've never said crap or done stupid ass things when we were younger that we later regret? The difference is we aren't in F-1 and followed by the media. I still believe Vettel is the fastest driver in F-1 right now and I'm not a big fan but am slowly warming to him after seeing him on David Letterman and getting edited on live TV! I also enjoyed him on Top Gear and watching him drive their road course.
post #410 of 789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp1080 View Post

He is slowly learning and maturing.Lewis has been spoiled by Mc Laren since they first signed him as a teenager. Let's not lie to each other and pretend we've never said crap or done stupid ass things when we were younger that we later regret? The difference is we aren't in F-1 and followed by the media.
Good point.

Quote:
I still believe Vettel is the fastest driver in F-1 right now and I'm not a big fan but am slowly warming to him after seeing him on David Letterman and getting edited on live TV! I also enjoyed him on Top Gear and watching him drive their road course.
He seems to be a nice kid, unusually mature and grounded for his age.
I haven't heard alot of bad press about him; Bernie has been trying to marry off one of his daughters to him.tongue.gif
post #411 of 789
I think he is smart enough to stay away from both of them! He most likely has his hands full with enough "crumpets" as Barry Sheene used to describe the women in racing.
post #412 of 789
I was grinning when I saw senna in the top ten... really disappointed when he knocked out.
post #413 of 789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman2 View Post

I was grinning when I saw senna in the top ten... really disappointed when he knocked out.
The name aside, he seems average....at best.
post #414 of 789
Top 10 again for Senna... smile.gif
post #415 of 789
I am not Webber's biggest fan, but he did a great job winning today.

Unfortunately for Alonso, F1 has that stupid tire rule. I think he would have won if it wasn't for this asinine rule.
post #416 of 789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericglo View Post

I am not Webber's biggest fan, but he did a great job winning today.
Unfortunately for Alonso, F1 has that stupid tire rule. I think he would have won if it wasn't for this asinine rule.
IMO, the "tire rule" adds to the drama.wink.gif
post #417 of 789
Great race, congrats to Webber, well driven. Not as much fun as Q3 though smile.gif
post #418 of 789
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

IMO, the "tire rule" adds to the drama.wink.gif

I am not surprised. Ironically this is something Nascar would do to improve "The Show".
post #419 of 789
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjames View Post

Not as much fun as Q3 though smile.gif
True.
post #420 of 789
Can we get a MotoGP thread?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Programming
This thread is locked  
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › 2012 F1 in HDTV