or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › 3D Central › 3D Displays › Vizio E3Dxx0VX series tread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Vizio E3Dxx0VX series tread - Page 3

post #61 of 190
Hi guys,

You don't need 3DTV play to play games in 3D, you can play at maximum resolution 1920x1080 at 60 fps using IZ3D drivers. I've been using this for nearly 3 years. Read my guide for info.
post #62 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyguy3d View Post

Hi guys,

You don't need 3DTV play to play games in 3D, you can play at maximum resolution 1920x1080 at 60 fps using IZ3D drivers. I've been using this for nearly 3 years. Read my guide for info.

I've seen references to IZ3D. I'll check it out, thanks.
post #63 of 190
so you can use an amd or nvidia card to output games and than use the passive glasses that came with the set?
post #64 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taubs View Post

so you can use an amd or nvidia card to output games and than use the passive glasses that came with the set?

With IZ3D you can. I used it last night with Fable 3. It works very well. Nvidia's 3DPlay works too but only at 1024x720 resolution. So far IZ3D is a better solution.
post #65 of 190
Picked up Vizio 32 3D for my bedroom... Very Nice for the Bucks!

Also TriDef 3D game driver works well for me.


JohnnyJT
South Philly
post #66 of 190
How does everyone like or have used 3d gaming on your tv's so far?
post #67 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyguy3d View Post

How does everyone like or have used 3d gaming on your tv's so far?

I have and like it; crysis 2 (native), Fable 3 (IZ3D), and PS3.
post #68 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngwest36 View Post

I have and like it; crysis 2 (native), Fable 3 (IZ3D), and PS3.

Cool, I don't have a ps3 but glad to hear you enjoying it.
post #69 of 190
Has anyone had their 32" calibrated? Or, do you know of any calibration settings?
post #70 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by keb33509 View Post

Has anyone had their 32" calibrated? Or, do you know of any calibration settings?

I haven't read of any calibrations on the 3 E3DxxV0X threads I subscribe to. If you're interested you can look at the screenshots here and the settings I use.
post #71 of 190
can someone help me? just got the set installed (i got the 32) and tried a vudu 3d trailer it shows it sbs but when i press the 3d button nothing happens, even in settings the 3d is greyed out, can someone help me out?
post #72 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by felixm477 View Post
can someone help me? just got the set installed (i got the 32) and tried a vudu 3d trailer it shows it sbs but when i press the 3d button nothing happens, even in settings the 3d is greyed out, can someone help me out?
that's weird. I just tried the 3d trailer for tron legacy and it didn't even ask, just chose 1080P and it started playing in 3d, put on glasses, etc. didn't have to hit the 3d button at all. Which trailer was it, how is your TV connecting to internet, wireless or wired? Do any other trailers work? Do you have a PS3 to try 3D trailers from there?
post #73 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngwest36 View Post

that's weird. I just tried the 3d trailer for tron legacy and it didn't even ask, just chose 1080P and it started playing in 3d, put on glasses, etc. didn't have to hit the 3d button at all. Which trailer was it, how is your TV connecting to internet, wireless or wired? Do any other trailers work? Do you have a PS3 to try 3D trailers from there?

my set installed a firmware update and now it goes str8 into 3d when im in hulu automatically so it must be a update. my issue now is when i connect my pc thru hdmi the desktop wont cover the whole screen it has a black border so when i fullscreen a 3d youtube video and have it combine sbs its a bit off and the 3d doesnt work well, i assume the black border is affecting it, is there any way for me to fix it?
post #74 of 190
what graphics card do you have? Look for a display setting called "Just Scan" or something like "PC Mode."
post #75 of 190
Does this TV support displaying MPO files on USB port? Thanks.
post #76 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by DueN View Post

Does this TV support displaying MPO files on USB port? Thanks.

If I can find one I'd be glad to try. Nothing in the manual about them.
post #77 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by DueN View Post

Does this TV support displaying MPO files on USB port? Thanks.

doesn't look like it does.
post #78 of 190
Does this TV support displaying MPO files on USB port?


I tried mine and unfortunately it will not work.
If I connect my Fuji 3D camera to the set via HDMI
it plays perfect

JohnnyJT
South Philly
post #79 of 190
Anybody else getting decent amounts of crosstalk on their sets? I have the 47" and get noticeable crosstalk, especially in games like Crisis 2 and Killzone 3, and a tiny bit in Avatar on Bluray. I thought passive sets had little to no crosstalk. Would a different type of glasses help? I know Polaroid and Oakley make curved lenses passive glasses, but I don't know if they would make a difference.
post #80 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikari Warrior View Post

Anybody else getting decent amounts of crosstalk on their sets? I have the 47" and get noticeable crosstalk, especially in games like Crisis 2 and Killzone 3, and a tiny bit in Avatar on Bluray. I thought passive sets had little to no crosstalk. Would a different type of glasses help? I know Polaroid and Oakley make curved lenses passive glasses, but I don't know if they would make a difference.

I played the PC version of crysis 2 and a bit of the first chapter of KZ 3 and did not notice any ghosting. I don't have avatar but I do have Drive Angry and The Universe and didn't see ghosting except for one scene in DA but since another person saw it at the same spot on a panasonic we put it down to a problem with the source material.

What exactly is ghosting in KZ3? I notice double images in the helmet HUD but I think it supposed to be the reflection off your visor.
post #81 of 190
I get ghosting throughout KZ3, but its most noticeable during the cutscences, there is an early scene where some Helghast are executing prisoners with a turret and both soldiers have clear double image ghosting around them. Crysis 2 is better, mainly the reticule and anything bright against a dark background has ghosting. I was expecting almost none due to the passive tech. Anyone know if different glasses would help?
post #82 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikari Warrior View Post

I get ghosting throughout KZ3, but its most noticeable during the cutscences, there is an early scene where some Helghast are executing prisoners with a turret and both soldiers have clear double image ghosting around them. Crysis 2 is better, mainly the reticule and anything bright against a dark background has ghosting. I was expecting almost none due to the passive tech. Anyone know if different glasses would help?

I didn't go very far in KZ3 (I haven't finished KZ2 yet), but do you mean the cutscene with the two fake Helghast or something I haven't seen yet. In any case, I haven't seen any ghosting in cutscenes and I'm using the glasses that came with the vizio.
post #83 of 190
I"m looking at getting a 32" tv for a monitor. Anybody have any info on the imput lag? any tests done or using it as a monitor notice bad input lag? I was going go go with a panasonic set but after i stumbled across this one on walmart site i cant hardly pass it up at that price for 3d. Only real concern is input lag. i'm not a pro gamer, but can get picky at times still.

thanks
post #84 of 190
post #85 of 190
I'm not familiar with 3d TVs, however I've noticed alot of mentions of this set requiring you to be at eye level. How much wiggle room is there? For example, I have a TV center that has the "hole" on the left side, however it'd be too small for this set so I would need to place the TV on top of the stand, would that make the 3D less effective due to lack of it being at eye level?

The image I attached is the closest I can locate to mine, but mine appears to be thicker and doesn't have that back left section. Essentially, the same TV stand everyone had in the 90s.



Essentially, my sofa is "eye level" with where the fake TV screen is, however the television would be placed above that, on top. Would there be enough wiggle room for the 3D to be effective?
post #86 of 190
I have my 42" mounted on the wall above eye level and it's tilted down to get the center of the screen pointed to where I sit.

I had one of similar design to yours before wall mounting. I just removed the left side shelf section to fit the tv.
post #87 of 190
The TV stand is so old, it'd probably fall apart if I removed the left section (though mine's on the right). I'm hoping to get another stand, but can't seem to find the "right" one. If the 3D was decent enough at the angle, I'd probably still snag the TV.
post #88 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikari Warrior View Post

Anybody else getting decent amounts of crosstalk on their sets? I have the 47" and get noticeable crosstalk, especially in games like Crisis 2 and Killzone 3, and a tiny bit in Avatar on Bluray. I thought passive sets had little to no crosstalk. Would a different type of glasses help? I know Polaroid and Oakley make curved lenses passive glasses, but I don't know if they would make a difference.

No crosstalk on my e3d420vx.. Make sure you are sitting in front of the tv. Passive sets exhibit crosstalk when you are not within the 15 degree cone
post #89 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by foladar View Post

I'm not familiar with 3d TVs, however I've noticed alot of mentions of this set requiring you to be at eye level. How much wiggle room is there? For example, I have a TV center that has the "hole" on the left side, however it'd be too small for this set so I would need to place the TV on top of the stand, would that make the 3D less effective due to lack of it being at eye level?

The image I attached is the closest I can locate to mine, but mine appears to be thicker and doesn't have that back left section. Essentially, the same TV stand everyone had in the 90s.



Essentially, my sofa is "eye level" with where the fake TV screen is, however the television would be placed above that, on top. Would there be enough wiggle room for the 3D to be effective?

I'm estimating your new eye level will be 20" from the top of that entertainment center; or, judging from the picture, about a 40" increase total from where it would be from a TV sitting in the center spot. I think that will probably be too much to overcome since the stand doesn't tilt. The manual doesn't give a 3D viewing angle, only a chart. And it is really narrow; looks like about 15-25 degrees off center. I think you're better off ditching the center (or the TV).
post #90 of 190
While Flingo works on my Vizio TV for watching youtube videos ... I noticed that 3D contents cannot be viewed via Flingo. The problem is that while playing Side-By-Side or Top-And-Bottom videos ... the TV will not switch to 3D mode (even though it allows you to select the modes) ... it remains in 2D. The problem is that Vizio App mode does not allow you to switch from 2D to 3D.

Anyone know how ?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: 3D Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › 3D Central › 3D Displays › Vizio E3Dxx0VX series tread