Always wanted a thread like this...here's a bunch from from varied genres...all solid selections consisting of 90% "real" music, and not rap/electronic pulsing that you can find on just about any bass/techno CD in existence. IMO, of course!!!
Sorry for the length, but I think they're all worthy!
1. Kasabian: Vlad the Impaler - West Ryder Pauper Lunatic Asylum. Terrible LP title, excellent LP. Very deep punctuated hits throughout.
2. Common: Universal Mind Control - Universal Mind Control. Great tune, dreadful LP.
3. The Cranberries: No Need to Argue - No Need to Argue. Many may be familiar with the organ here. Superb vocal and bass mix here.
4. Beastie Boys: Intergalactic - Hello Nasty or the Sounds of Science. Many have never heard this track on a rig with stellar bass reproduction...surprise them...and perhaps yourself!
5. Kaiser Chiefs: Never Miss a Beat - Off With their Heads. Another smart pop tune that has a surprisingly tight boom to it.
6. Beatles: Come Together - Abbey Road. Another one that really shines, properly reproduced. The classic bassline's a lot deeper and affecting than many have ever heard.
7. Blur: On the Way to the Club - Think Tank. Long, pulsing bassline throughout.
8. Electronic: Dark Angel - Raise the Pressure. OK, an electronic pick. Nothing exceedingly heavy, just solid, aggressive hits.
9. Fleetwood Mac: The Chain - Rumours. Not much needs to be said about the timeless bass-moment half way through this song.
10. Foo Fighters: Still - In Your Honor. If you're not a fan, it's notihing you'll expect...if you are, then you already know. Will make you smile...especially starting at 1:16. Get this song.
11. Gnarls Barkley: Crazy - St. Elsewhere. Another one eveyone likes, but you can still impress by revelating its depth.
12. Jay Z: Moment of Clarity - The Black Album. Not huge into rap, but this is solid and has some serious low tones.
13. John Mayer: Vultures - Continuum. Very clean. Excellent.
14. Justin Timberlake: What Goes Around - Future Sex. Don't get it twisted...the woman's choice here but absolutely stupid bass when the outro starts.
15. Kings of Leon: On Call - Because of the Times. Very wobbly, excellent bassline.
16. LCD Soundsystem: Dance Yrself Clean - This Is Happening. Worth the 3 minute intro. Trust me.
17. Outkast: Ghetto Musick - Speakerboxxx. Not for everyone.
18. Radiohead: Myxomatosis - Hail to the Thief. Mean. From the masters.
19. Sade: No Ordinary Love - Love Deluxe and Best of Sade. For all of you Adult Contemps out there. Classic.
20. Tribe Called Quest: Ince Again - Beats Rhymes and Life. Very spry bass line with some twists
thanks, have fun everyone!
Honorable Mention: Dire Straits: So Far Away - Brothers in Arms. Classic.