or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Screenshots

post #1 of 130
Thread Starter 
This thread is for my sreenshots so as not to interupt others. I'm looking at genre, subject, photo and media quality. My camera is a Sigma DP2 and my source is a HTPC.

BenQ W5000



post #2 of 130
Thanks SteveMo -

Ive always enjoyed your screenshots. I see in the other thread, some people were quite rude in fact. To the point of being obscene and childish.

Keep up the great work.

Curoius to know your screen size, and screen type. Also how long have you been into the projector hobby?
post #3 of 130
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstosity12 View Post

Thanks SteveMo -

Ive always enjoyed your screenshots. I see in the other thread, some people were quite rude in fact. To the point of being obscene and childish.

Keep up the great work.

Curoius to know your screen size, and screen type. Also how long have you been into the projector hobby?

No screen yet just a wall, but I really am saving my money. It's that I have surgery in May or deviated septum from a broken nose when I was about five and again when I was about nine years old, and it's going to cost me over 7K. I plan on getting a Screen from Seymour AV when funds allow. I was considering a new projector first, but after I recently replaced the chip in the projector, I'm content with the image once again. Thank you.
post #4 of 130
Thread Starter 
BenQ W5000



post #5 of 130
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstosity12 View Post

Also how long have you been into the projector hobby?

I have some new years photos from 1985 with our rear CRT projector in the basement where my front projector now faces. I think we had it in the middle of 1984. I had my first CRT front projector in 2000 with a DIY screen.

Edit: We had the rear projector since 1978 according to my father. We might have moved it away from the wall in 1984, which I remember it being worked around then.
post #6 of 130
Thread Starter 
The Gateway P-6860FX (external enclosure/blu-ray, and soundblaster mp3) setup I had failed to work. The video card fan quit. I finally gave up after it shut down three times while I was watching "Unstopable". I took advantage of my extended warranty and backed up my data two a second hard drive which will go into the second hard drive location later on. It's the second time I had to repair it, last time replacing the hard drive and the motherboard.

I bought a Panasonic DMP-BDT210P blu-ray player, new tripod, Canon EOS 60D camera (two year bestbuy warranty), UV filter, and a 200X 8GB card.
post #7 of 130
Thread Starter 
BenQ W5000

WB A7, M1, 3700K, ISO100, f9.5, 15sec.

post #8 of 130
Hey Steve,
I have been posting screen shots on my Wall also,
You should check it out over in the diy section
Epson 9700 flat paint wall test,
would love to hear your feed back on my screen shots....
post #9 of 130
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraisa View Post

Hey Steve,
I have been posting screen shots on my Wall also,
You should check it out over in the diy section
Epson 9700 flat paint wall test,
would love to hear your feed back on my screen shots....

I checked the last page (page 6) and there is my City Of Ember mkv file screenshot. It's also one of my shots where I am unsure how the color appears because I'm switching to a a new PC, and I have not set saturation on the projector as well.

What I was doing during that shot was trying to get my fathers PC to work, and I was checking to see what the shade of red was like to my eyes on the projector at the same time. I moved to a location with no screen, and my HTPC quit working, which I mentioned.

My eyes are also not the same color. My left is eye is brown and my right is a brown/golden color. From my left eye, I see things darker red than in my left eye. In the example you posted, I canno't determine well whether the image is more saturated red, or more saturated yellow which is the method that I use to set saturation. My ColorMunki helps. I have no idea what red looks like in the Dark Knight example there. It could be hot pink as far as I can tell...

I will look at your shots later tonight.
post #10 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMo View Post

I checked the last page (page 6) and there is my City Of Ember mkv file screenshot. It's also one of my shots where I am unsure how the color appears because I'm switching to a a new PC, and I have not set saturation on the projector as well.

What I was doing during that shot was trying to get my fathers PC to work, and I was checking to see what the shade of red was like to my eyes on the projector at the same time. I moved to a location with no screen, and my HTPC quit working, which I mentioned.

My eyes are also not the same color. My left is eye is brown and my right is a brown/golden color. From my left eye, I see things darker red than in my left eye. In the example you posted, I canno't determine well whether the image is more saturated red, or more saturated yellow which is the method that I use to set saturation. My ColorMunki helps. I have no idea what red looks like in the Dark Knight example there. It could be hot pink as far as I can tell...

I will look at your shots later tonight.

Thanks for sharing that ,
would never had known...
Again your shots are also very good.
Look forward to you posting in that thread ,
I have spent a good amount of time trying to get a good image on my painted wall and all my efforts have been documented in that thread...
It also has been a learning curve for me...
Also i have taken a lot of negative comments for trying to project an image on a painted wall...
post #11 of 130
Thread Starter 
I may have some for that thread when I learn more about this new camera. Thus far, the settings I use and preview when in "Live View" look more close to my JPEG files than RAW. Here are some JPEG straight from the camera.





post #12 of 130
Thread Starter 
BenQ W5000



post #13 of 130
For a painted wall they also are amazing...
Would be honored to have more of your shots posted in that thread.
What type of diy paint did you do are your wall?
post #14 of 130
Thread Starter 
BenQ W5000

frasia - The name elludes me.





post #15 of 130
Thread Starter 
BenQ W5000





post #16 of 130
Thread Starter 
Here is the color of my walls. I found the name in the walmart.com color matchs and recognized it. It is named White Sandstone.

wall color example:
post #17 of 130
Thread Starter 
Added note: The Speed Racer and Apocalypse Now were without a ND2 filter on the projector.

Thumbs Archive 1:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Spoiler  
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Man on Fire












BenQ W5000 - Sigma DP2 - Photoshop Elements







Race To Witch Mountain
BenQ W5000 - Sigma DP2 - Sigma Photo Pro













Inkheart
BenQ W5000 - Sigma DP2 - Sigma Photo Pro









post #18 of 130
Thread Starter 
BenQ W5000



post #19 of 130
Thread Starter 
BenQ W5000





















post #20 of 130
Thread Starter 
Is anyone able to explain why images change color when converted from RAW? My Sigma DP2 does the same thing, and I tried using capture software to grab the image before the processing but that made the image too light. Switching to JPEG for my Sigma DP2 made the image look less saturated.

Bellow is a real good example using my Canon EOS 60D.

post #21 of 130
Thread Starter 
BenQW5000
Photos from examples in thumbs archive 1

0:08.10


0:18.21


0:20.46


0:22.09


0:50.03


0:51.12
post #22 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMo View Post

Is anyone able to explain why images change color when converted from RAW? My Sigma DP2 does the same thing, and I tried using capture software to grab the image before the processing but that made the image too light. Switching to JPEG for my Sigma DP2 made the image look less saturated.

Bellow is a real good example using my Canon EOS 60D.


When shooting RAW you get pretty much a pixel-by-pixel, bit-by-bit sensor dump from the camera. When you shoot JPG, you're using the camera's onboard image processor to apply any adjustments to the picture, plus of course compression. So, when you download a RAW image, and are viewing it, you are applying whatever image processing the rendering software uses to it (and any settings). RAW does have the advantage that you can apply any number of different parameters to the source data, which you lose if you shoot JPG only as you only get the post-processed image.

Hope that helps?
post #23 of 130
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by netvantage View Post

When shooting RAW you get pretty much a pixel-by-pixel, bit-by-bit sensor dump from the camera. When you shoot JPG, you're using the camera's onboard image processor to apply any adjustments to the picture, plus of course compression. So, when you download a RAW image, and are viewing it, you are applying whatever image processing the rendering software uses to it (and any settings). RAW does have the advantage that you can apply any number of different parameters to the source data, which you lose if you shoot JPG only as you only get the post-processed image.

Hope that helps?

Yes that helps, thank you. By default my shot settings are saved to both RAW and JPEG, but I found a setting called auto lighting optimizer that is loading for RAW only. There is an entire tab greyed out dedicated for various RAW settings reserved for post-processing. The low setting causes the red in the image it seems when converting from RAW, standard, strong, or disabled does not. What I view with the RAW image in live mode on the viewfinder is apparently at higher bit depth than my LED and laptop monitor.
post #24 of 130
Thread Starter 
BenQ W5000







post #25 of 130
Thread Starter 
BenQ W5000



post #26 of 130
Thread Starter 
BenQ W5000







post #27 of 130
Steve how do you get your screen shots to post that big?
post #28 of 130
You have to post them using a web hosting company say flicker, or photo bucket, etc. then insert the link into your post.

If you just upload them to AVS they will be small and you have to click onto them.
post #29 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by rovingtravler View Post

You have to post them using a web hosting company say flicker, or photo bucket, etc. then insert the link into your post.

If you just upload them to AVS they will be small and you have to click onto them.

Ya I know that i was referring to his size ,
this is the size that i normally post shots in...



His latest Size...

[/quote]

How do you get them that big...?
post #30 of 130
Infocus SP8602 low lamp BC turned off on 120 inch screen.









New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home