or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Forza 4! - Page 8

post #211 of 611
1:51.487 loving this game. Didn't think I would.
post #212 of 611
Thread Starter 
huge 1 hour video from Gamespot covering Forza 4




video review from IGN (beautifully produced video):
post #213 of 611
I was reading on the Forza forum that a bunch of people that had pre ordered online the LCE from Best Buy received an email today
stating their order has been cancelled due to product availability. Many had placed their order in August

Earlier in this thread I said I went down to my Best Buy and pre ordered the LCE personally for in store pickup and so far I haven't
received the dreaded email. Also hearing the LCE has pretty much sold out everywhere else.

I wonder what happened to BB for them to have to take such actions. I do know there are a lot of really pissed of people right now.
post #214 of 611
What I like about this game is you have to work at it to get it right. You can't just bang around the track and win, at least when racing hard to professional levels. You have to be brave and brake late, you have to know the track, and you have to be smooth on the controls. You can't have heavy thumbs and fingers (controller users).

I do wish though, there was another level of opponent beyond professional. If you do nearly everything right, you will win. Period. And by a bit of a margin. But you can still make some mistakes and get away with a win. I'd like to see that margin narrowed a bit. I understeered WAY outside on a corner and still held off the already close AI in professional mode.
post #215 of 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuno21 View Post

What I like about this game is you have to work at it to get it right. You can't just bang around the track and win, at least when racing hard to professional levels. You have to be brave and brake late, you have to know the track, and you have to be smooth on the controls. You can't have heavy thumbs and fingers (controller users).

I do wish though, there was another level of opponent beyond professional. If you do nearly everything right, you will win. Period. And by a bit of a margin. But you can still make some mistakes and get away with a win. I'd like to see that margin narrowed a bit. I understeered WAY outside on a corner and still held off the already close AI in professional mode.

On the demo......?? ..Who knows what they will tweak.
post #216 of 611
who has the best preorder deal guys? amazon / toysrus?
post #217 of 611
Count me in as one of Best Buys victims. TWICE. After recieving the e-mail of death, I called one of their brickn'mortars to see if I could still pre-order it in store and after being assured that I could, I got there and the counter jockey tells me sorry, we're not taking orders for it any longer. WTF? 15 miles in rush hour traffic to be shafted. The one game in my budget for the entire year and they pull a stunt like this. Very deflating, and it'll be a bitch finding the LCE somewhere this close to release. I've suddenly developed a strong distaste for BB.
post #218 of 611
If this is at all like Forza 3 I should skip buying it as I'll win multiple free copies...
post #219 of 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabob983 View Post

If this is at all like Forza 3 I should skip buying it as I'll win multiple free copies...

how would u do that?
post #220 of 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamonsasa View Post

how would u do that?

Turn 10 sent me a free copy of the Limited Edition because I found a game breaking unlimited cash glitch and notified them of what it was and how to replicate it (I probably could have gotten a lot more as Che told me "can we do anything for you, anything at all").

Then I won a free copy from Road & Track in one of their "guess the car" challenges.
post #221 of 611
I would order the game from Amazon. You get it the day of the release. If the price drops they credit the game. The also don't fail like Best Buy.
post #222 of 611
Gametrailers just gave it a 9.5, their only criticisms were that it didn't have dirt (rally) racing and it didn't have night or weather, so obvious comparisons to GT, which is expected. Watch the driving parts in the video review when they are running at 60fps....its almost weird to see things happening so fluidly.....then the rest of the reviews bits are at 30.....
post #223 of 611
Walked into my BlockBuster yesterday afternoon to rent a movie and
there were five copies of Forza 4 available to rent and no they weren't just display copies because I asked
post #224 of 611
And you rented one, right?
post #225 of 611
post #226 of 611
Too rich for my blood.
post #227 of 611
I ask this question everytime a new racing game comes out.

Are the physics realistic and do you get a real feel? I'm looking for an answer for someone who races.

I've tried them all, and for all I hear about the physics it still just is not the same. GT5 was close, Forza 3 was too but not the same.

I forget the name of the game but I found in an arcade a racing game. One was a standard sit down. The other you sat in a suspended pod, the pod moved side to side to give the feeling of cornering and G's. Back to back consistently 10 seconds a lap faster in the game with feed back.

When I am in the car most movements are instinctual based on a lot of feedback, most of which is feeling what the car/tires are doing. Some of that comes from the wheel but more of it is seat of the pants.

After the GT5 disappointment I'm seriously considering selling my PS3 setup and moving to a Xbox for Forza 4 specifically in mind. If the game is that good I'll invest in a proper wheel and the rest.
post #228 of 611
Should we do a Gamertag list for Rivals mode?
post #229 of 611
Picking it up today.

XBL: Choilicious
post #230 of 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric_Connelly View Post

I ask this question everytime a new racing game comes out.

If you didn't think GT5 was "realistic enough" than Forza won't be, either.
These are games available on consumer-grade videogame entertainment systems.

If you want a hard core sim, go look at what the real race car drivers use, and buy one of those.
post #231 of 611
Was thinking of stopping by Chinatown but don't want to make the trip for nothing. I hear 'they' don't do day early releases anymore, but I am still itching to pass thru...
post #232 of 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadRusch View Post

If you didn't think GT5 was "realistic enough" than Forza won't be, either.
These are games available on consumer-grade videogame entertainment systems.

If you want a hard core sim, go look at what the real race car drivers use, and buy one of those.

Agreed, none of these are really "realistic," they're getting closer but it's still arcadey. Nothing like GTR or anything but not close to iRacing.
post #233 of 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabob983 View Post

And you rented one, right?

I was having a busy weekend with no time to play and I can wait until I get my LCE Copy on Tuesday.
Even then I might only have an hour or two to play it until the weekend. Not a lot of available gaming time at the moment.
post #234 of 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by gameboy View Post

Picking it up today.

XBL: Choilicious

I didn't know this was you, Choi.
post #235 of 611
Oh Tom, I have been around here for how long??? Some of my posts should make more sense to you then...
post #236 of 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by gameboy View Post

Oh Tom, I have been around here for how long??? Some of my posts should make more sense to you then...

No, no they still don't.
post #237 of 611
Curses...I so don't need another Forza game but I just placed my order at Amazon, looks like Wednesday Night Racing is back on for me...
post #238 of 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabob983 View Post

Curses...I so don't need another Forza game but I just placed my order at Amazon, looks like Wednesday Night Racing is back on for me...

And what do you think the chances are of getting the band back together?

I do miss hanging out with you guys (Queasy, OSJ, Waldo, you etc)

Man I am so torn on this game right now.

Greg
post #239 of 611
Queasy's getting it, Waldo's getting it but "not yet." No word on OSJ yet although I'll message him soon. Check the AT boards, there's already a Forza 4 night thread posted.
post #240 of 611
Just got a shipping notification from amazon for my lce,will be here tomorrow.I guess they are doing release date delivery after all.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Xbox Area