or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Forza 4! - Page 9

post #241 of 611
Yeah, Amazon always ships the afternoon/evening before on release day delivery, I've yet to have one fail to arrive on time.
post #242 of 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabob983 View Post

Yeah, Amazon always ships the afternoon/evening before on release day delivery, I've yet to have one fail to arrive on time.

I've had two games arrive a day late recently, and I'm a prime customer, and Amazon didn't give a damn. Gears showed up on time and Forza has just shipped for me.
post #243 of 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by gameboy View Post

Oh Tom, I have been around here for how long??? Some of my posts should make more sense to you then...

Tom can no longer remember that all the original BT folks were AVS posters... And one AVS admin.

My copy has not shipped from Amazon. Going to pretty upset if it arrives late as I cleared tomorrow afternoon to play.
post #244 of 611
For anyone who gets it early, let me know how credit transfer works. I just looked and I've got over $100M in cars/credits. I actually sold a few cars thinking it might just be credits that transfer and now, sitting at over $30M, I hear it may calculate garage value as well (grr). Oh well, still a few hundred rides in my garage.
post #245 of 611
Quick report...

I got the limited edition and, boy, there are TON of stuff you need to install first. There are three DLC (code based) stuff you need to download (about a GB total) and then you have to install the second content disc.

Just about finished downloading.

I did notice that it gave me an option to import the level from Forza3, which was nice. I am trying to check and see if my credits rolled over as well.

I must say they made a HUGE improvement from Forza3 on graphics. Forza always had very muted low contrast look to it. However, the graphics have much more dynamic contrast now. Specular highlights are very pronounced. I like it.

...DAMN!!! 0 credits. I had millions in Forza 3 as well. Looks like they do not transfer. No cars transfered either, although I have a collection of cars to start with (due to DLC code). That is a bummer...
post #246 of 611
Well, at least all of my decals moved over...

post #247 of 611
how bout them tigers? Gotta give my love a shout out!
post #248 of 611
Wait, no cars OR credits?
post #249 of 611
Maybe I am doing something wrong. It said it imported my level at 19, but I am starting from level 1...
post #250 of 611
It can use the DLC tracks from Forza 3?
post #251 of 611
From what I can gather this is what you get if you were level 50 in Forza 3 and choose to import your profile.

Quote from forza forum "After importing my FM3 profile data I was awarded with all the cars for being a level 50(Abarth, Focus RS, Camaro SS, R8 5.2, BMW M3 GT2, Veyron, DBR9, and 908), the FM3 VIP cars(Corvette ZR1, 430 Scuderia, Superleggera), and the random cars from FM3(DeLorean, LF-A, RX-7 Spirit R, 458 Italia).

They even give you 60,000cr.! "

Looks like no matter how many CR you had the max moved over is 60,000

You receive a car if you have reached certain levels. The more levels you reached the more cars you will receive. If you have certain cars in your garage that you own, they will also transfer over to Forza 4.

Go here to read the official details from Forza and see a list of cars http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/underthehood2/

Also found this info list of the cars you can choose as your free car after completeing each level. In Forza 3 you were just given a car. In Forza 4 you are now given a choice. One thing is the price of the car is not shown at the time of your choice so it would be in your favor to know what a car is worth.
At one level you are given the choice of a 1966 GT40 MKII or a 1967 Ferrari 330 P4. The price difference is several million but doesn't show at the time you have to choose. It also helps to know so you don't buy a car if you will eventually win one for free.

SPOILER- Here's a link to a complete list, level by level of the cars you will get to choose from and their value. DO NOT click if you want to be surprised as you level up. http://www.gamespot.com/features/6338910/index.html

One thing I haven't figured out yet is how to convert my paint designs to vinyl groups so I can import them to Forza 4.

Right now I'm out the door to pick up my LCE from Best Buy
post #252 of 611
For those that anticipate buying all future DLC they are running a special right now for the Season Pass.

Season Pass is prepaying for all the future DLC at a discount in one purchase.

For a very limited time, if you buy the season pass you will get 250,000 CR added to your Forza 4 profile.

I believe you also get the Muscle Car pack and since the Muscle Car pack already comes with the LCE I think they added the 250,000 CR gift as another incentive.

Great deal if you know you're getting all the DLC anyway
post #253 of 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Sain View Post

For those that anticipate buying all future DLC they are running a special right now for the Season Pass.

Season Pass is prepaying for all the future DLC at a discount in one purchase.

For a very limited time, if you buy the season pass you will get 250,000 CR added to your Forza 4 profile.

I believe you also get the Muscle Car pack and since the Muscle Car pack already comes with the LCE I think they added the 250,000 CR gift as another incentive.

Great deal if you know you're getting all the DLC anyway

I never did find the LCE for pre-order anywhere, how do you get it?
post #254 of 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arutha_conDoin View Post

I never did find the LCE for pre-order anywhere, how do you get it?

I tried to order mine at Best Buy online in the middle of Sep but they didn't show in store pickup so I drove to my Best Buy and ordered in store and was told I could pick it up which I just did.

Right next door to my Best Buy is Walmart so I walked over to see if they had some on the shelf because I wanted to get a copy for my brother. The clerk had a whole cart of new xbox games he was putting out and he couldn't be bothered to look for the LCE when I asked so I walked out.

Seems Kmart, Target, Dell, Walmart and a few others had LCEs available at the last minute so it might still be found somewhere. I bought it for the VIP status and extra cars but I must say the Hard cover book that comes with it is pretty nice and the metal case looks good on the table
post #255 of 611
I am still torn on this game.

On one hand I liked the demo a fair bit and I like it a lot more than F3 which for some reason I just couldn't stand.

On the other hand I so hate playing racing games with the controller. It just defeats the purpose IMHO.

If I still had my wheel I would probably grab this and play it until MW3 comes out but w/o the wheel I am kind of less interested.

Arrgggh!!

Greg
post #256 of 611
Can unicorns be gifted?

Thanks,

Rod
post #257 of 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arutha_conDoin View Post

I never did find the LCE for pre-order anywhere, how do you get it?

At the time of this post the LCE is available again at Amazon

Click on Limited Edition

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=468642
post #258 of 611
Amazon's WRX STi pre-order code + eBay = $12. Nuff said.
post #259 of 611
Tried the wireless speed wheel at BB. Seems like a promising concept but I would have like higher build quality. I guess they are trying to keep the price down.

First impression was not quite as good as I was hoping, but I didn't try fine tuning sensitivity. If anyone buys one please post a review.
post #260 of 611
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ileff View Post

Tried the wireless speed wheel at BB. Seems like a promising concept but I would have like higher build quality. I guess they are trying to keep the price down.

First impression was not quite as good as I was hoping, but I didn't try fine tuning sensitivity. If anyone buys one please post a review.

buy.com is selling it through their Ebay store for $45.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Xbox-360-Wir...ht_2203wt_1396


on another note, how do you guys feel about buying a used wheel through craigslist? I was thinking of doing that for Forza but I don't know how reliable the Microsoft wheel is.
post #261 of 611
I don't quite understand the concept of wanting to hold a device as WELL as ones hands out in the air for any extended period of time. "Air Steering" on Mario Kart is barely tolerable with the lag from the motion sensors, in a game like Forza I can't imagine how badly it would play, i'd much rather use the pad sitting on my lap :P
post #262 of 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Sain View Post

I tried to order mine at Best Buy online in the middle of Sep but they didn't show in store pickup so I drove to my Best Buy and ordered in store and was told I could pick it up which I just did.

Right next door to my Best Buy is Walmart so I walked over to see if they had some on the shelf because I wanted to get a copy for my brother. The clerk had a whole cart of new xbox games he was putting out and he couldn't be bothered to look for the LCE when I asked so I walked out.

Seems Kmart, Target, Dell, Walmart and a few others had LCEs available at the last minute so it might still be found somewhere. I bought it for the VIP status and extra cars but I must say the Hard cover book that comes with it is pretty nice and the metal case looks good on the table

A friend of mine told me a local store had it, but I had Amazon just ship me the normal game since I had prime. It was waiting for me at my door step this morning at around 11am when I got back doing errands. I figure since I could not get the LCE when I ordered I will just get the season pass and not have to worry about anything.

What is strange is I got the season pass and downloaded everything, but the only cars I see in my garage are the 5 that imported from Forza 3. I can not find my American Muscle Cars, BMW, Launch Pack, and Subaru WRX STI that I got with Amazon. I know I am probably missing something obvious since you would think they should all be displayed in the garage?
post #263 of 611
Many years ago I used to play my PC racing games with this:



Man the accuracy and control was so good. I was kind of hoping the larger range of motion would help over the little thumbsticks. But first impression at least, I think the controller is still better.
post #264 of 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post


on another note, how do you guys feel about buying a used wheel through craigslist? I was thinking of doing that for Forza but I don't know how reliable the Microsoft wheel is.

Meh, you can read my post above about my current broken MS wheel. I know exactly what's wrong with it, but don't know how to fix it exactly (electronic component issue). I've sent in for a retrofit, but who knows if they will still do it.

I'd love to go buy another used one, but will it end up just doing the same thing? If it's one of the troubled models I'm sure it will. It makes me mad the only other options are crazy expensive, or lame ass Wii wheels.

Note, I can still play with battery power and no force feedback. But what's the point in that?
post #265 of 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arutha_conDoin View Post

A friend of mine told me a local store had it, but I had Amazon just ship me the normal game since I had prime. It was waiting for me at my door step this morning at around 11am when I got back doing errands. I figure since I could not get the LCE when I ordered I will just get the season pass and not have to worry about anything.

What is strange is I got the season pass and downloaded everything, but the only cars I see in my garage are the 5 that imported from Forza 3. I can not find my American Muscle Cars, BMW, Launch Pack, and Subaru WRX STI that I got with Amazon. I know I am probably missing something obvious since you would think they should all be displayed in the garage?

U downloaded the option to purchase the cars in the game if I recall that is how it works.
post #266 of 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by mboojigga View Post

U downloaded the option to purchase the cars in the game if I recall that is how it works.

Ahhh that makes sense I guess for some reason I thought if you bought the pack you got the cars.
post #267 of 611
Thread Starter 
don't know if it's already been posted but there's the 2012 BMW M5 available for download free. it's a car you can race, customize, or view in Autovista.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Pr...0-1d461bcd9d4f

I totally see car manufacturers wanting to jump in and include their cars in Autovista. it's pure car porn and a great way to build mindshare.

there's also the BMW theme for free which is pretty slick:
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Pr...eme&noSplash=1
post #268 of 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by mboojigga View Post

U downloaded the option to purchase the cars in the game if I recall that is how it works.

I think you go to the Marketplace tab on the far right of the main menu and from there you download the stuff with your season pass. If one were to try and download a pack from the LIVE marketplace they will be charged points for the pack when they should get it for free from within the Forza Marketplace.

Actually a nice system once we get it all figured out.
post #269 of 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post

don't know if it's already been posted but there's the 2012 BMW M5 available for download free. it's a car you can race, customize, or view in Autovista.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Pr...0-1d461bcd9d4f

I totally see car manufacturers wanting to jump in and include their cars in Autovista. it's pure car porn and a great way to build mindshare.

there's also the BMW theme for free which is pretty slick:
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Pr...eme&noSplash=1

Judging from the size of the download I'd guess that's just a single car from the BMW pack that's included with the game. Otherwise I'm confused as to why the file is over 300 megabytes.
post #270 of 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Sain View Post

I think you go to the Marketplace tab on the far right of the main menu and from there you download the stuff with your season pass. If one were to try and download a pack from the LIVE marketplace they will be charged points for the pack when they should get it for free from within the Forza Marketplace.

Actually a nice system once we get it all figured out.

You do get cars in your garage though. My Forza 3 Level gave me cars like the Bugatti Veyron and being a VIP I got more cars which were in my garage.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Xbox Area