or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Panasonic DT30 impressions?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Panasonic DT30 impressions? - Page 8

post #211 of 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Planet View Post

I am even more confused after reading the 24hz section on CNET.
http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-...#ixzz1NzeHh9El

That article was also written 3 years ago, when many TVs didn't detect 24hz signals. Most do now.
post #212 of 434
So guys, between the DT30, the 42D30 and the 42E30, what is the big difference? Is it just the 3D factor that makes the DT standout? I don't see a difference between the D and E30 models, other than $100 in price. I'm considering the D30 after I was disappointed in the flashlighting/lag of my Sammy UN40C6300. I'm thinking the 42D30 is a much better option? Help me out
post #213 of 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmbownz View Post

So guys, between the DT30, the 42D30 and the 42E30, what is the big difference? Is it just the 3D factor that makes the DT standout? I don't see a difference between the D and E30 models, other than $100 in price. I'm considering the D30 after I was disappointed in the flashlighting/lag of my Sammy UN40C6300. I'm thinking the 42D30 is a much better option? Help me out

The DT30 only goes up to 37 inches in size, but does have 3D. The D30 is very nearly the same TV, but without the 3D, and it goes up to 42 inches.

I would recommend avoiding the E30, as a European review I read said it had higher input lag. The D30 and DT30 have low input lag.
post #214 of 434
Hey tiger.......Do the D30 models also have an AI option like the DT30?

I also wonder what will change in the 2012 flagship led models?

Maybe they will be called the DT40 and D40 and feature bigger sizes with full local dimming rather that edge dimming.

My display looks great with deep blacks when my bedroom lights are on.

When I turn my lights off the blacks aren't that great....At least there's no flashlighting on my set though.
post #215 of 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Planet View Post

Hey tiger.......Do the D30 models also have an AI option like the DT30?

I also wonder what will change in the 2012 flagship led models?

Maybe they will be called the DT40 and D40 and feature bigger sizes with full local dimming rather that edge dimming.

My display looks great with deep blacks when my bedroom lights are on.

When I turn my lights off the blacks aren't that great....At least there's no flashlighting on my set though.

Yes, the D30 has the "Picture AI" option. I have it turned on as well. Works very nicely.

It's anyone's guess as to what they'll do in 2012. I would be surprised to see them introduce a local dimming LED model. Panasonic doesn't seem to want their LED models to overshadow their Plasmas, which is exactly why I think they didn't offer 3D on the D30. They didn't want a 3D model that was large enough to compete with their plasmas. It's a shame they think this way though.
post #216 of 434
GOOD NEWS FOR ESPN 3d FANS. I have the 32" DT30 and was wondering if it could show the espn 3d 720p sbs format. Well last night the NBA Finals were on and the set showed it PERFECTLY. It was bright and clear and the 3d was great!
post #217 of 434
Hi everyone, I have a couple simple questions for those who already own this television. First, does the analog D-sub jack accept a full 1080p PC signal just like the HDMI jack does? Second, The silver strip going around the entire frame of the tv is it made out of metal or is it just made to look like it?
post #218 of 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest Gump View Post

Hi everyone, I have a couple simple questions for those who already own this television. First, does the analog D-sub jack accept a full 1080p PC signal just like the HDMI jack does? Second, The silver strip going around the entire frame of the tv is it made out of metal or is it just made to look like it?

Can't answer your pc signal question, but the strip around the outside feels like metal to me. Might be aluminum.



Oh, and for those that are interested, the D30 and DT30 are marked way down on Amazon at the moment. The D30 in particular just dropped $130 tonight, so I immediately called and got a price match on both of mine.
post #219 of 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerriot View Post
Oh, and for those that are interested, the D30 and DT30 are marked way down on Amazon at the moment. The D30 in particular just dropped $130 tonight, so I immediately called and got a price match on both of mine.
Yep, I just emailed Amazon regarding the DT30. The price difference was ~$50, but hey, that's a tank of gas.
post #220 of 434
After reading so many opinions on the net and finally i pulled the trigger. Expected to be delivered on 6th.
post #221 of 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosevilleHT View Post

Yep, I just emailed Amazon regarding the DT30. The price difference was ~$50, but hey, that's a tank of gas.

Annndddd... Amazon rocks. The $48 difference has already been posted to my account.
post #222 of 434
Cnet / flatpanelsHD still haven't listed the official calibration settings for the D30 and DT30.
post #223 of 434
For anyone who ordered from amazon:

The 37 inch DT30 was $981.01 and is now $932.95

I called amazon and they refunded me the difference as well as paid back my return shipping.

EDIT: Someone beat me to it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest Gump View Post

Hi everyone, I have a couple simple questions for those who already own this television. First, does the analog D-sub jack accept a full 1080p PC signal just like the HDMI jack does? Second, The silver strip going around the entire frame of the tv is it made out of metal or is it just made to look like it?

Looks like metal (Seriously) but doesn't feel "cold" like metal, hard to tell because it's dark but I want to say plastic.

It's impossible to tell without touching it, don't let that stop you from buying this amazing set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Planet View Post

Cnet / flatpanelsHD still haven't listed the official calibration settings for the D30 and DT30.

Try mine out while you wait! Looks great to me and multiple other people have thanked me
post #224 of 434
Hi !
How would you rate the vertical viewing angle ?
I would watch a 32inch DT30 from different fitness equipment at different heights (vertical angle) as well as side angles, sometimes combining a side & vertical angle...

Thanks for all this relevant info posted here
post #225 of 434
The DT30 was used at the E3 demo for the Wii U.

post #226 of 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by flavoie View Post

Hi !
How would you rate the vertical viewing angle ?
I would watch a 32inch DT30 from different fitness equipment at different heights (vertical angle) as well as side angles, sometimes combining a side & vertical angle...

Thanks for all this relevant info posted here

There really isn't an LCD on the market that's going to have good vertical viewing angles. The DT30 does have very good horizontal viewing angles though, but it's blacks will give off a glow from horizontal angles. The glowing blacks are pretty much irrelevant unless you're watching 2:35 movies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Planet View Post

The DT30 was used at the E3 demo for the Wii U.


Ha. That's cool.
post #227 of 434
Quote:


I would recommend avoiding the E30, as a European review I read said it had higher input lag.

Tigerriot i haven't heard the e30 has higher input lag. Could you send me a link to the review about input lag.
As far as i am aware the E30, DT30 etc were aimed at gamers.

http://www.dday.it/redazione/3298/DD...ione-2011.html

Use google to translate
post #228 of 434
Bought the 32" DT30 last week after returning a 32" Sony Bravia EX720.

Much happier with the Panasonic as the colors & quality IMO are far superior compared to the Bravia.

I wanted to use this tv for gaming only: 360, PS3, and PC. Having no issues with my consoles. Absolutely gorgeous.

I am having PC issues though. My current PC & laptop only have VGA and the TV can't display much more than a 1024 x 768 resolution. I will be building a new PC over the 4th weekend & expect to be using a NVIDIA GeForce 570 video card (HDMI). I should then have no issues using my PC at a high resolution. Are others connecting their PCs via HDMI?
post #229 of 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaRd2BeAr View Post
Tigerriot i haven't heard the e30 has higher input lag. Could you send me a link to the review about input lag.
As far as i am aware the E30, DT30 etc were aimed at gamers.

http://www.dday.it/redazione/3298/DD...ione-2011.html

Use google to translate
http://www.digitalversus.com/panason..._10617_60.html

That review says the E30 has 66ms of lag. As far as I was aware, Panasonic said the D series tvs were "aimed at gamers". The E series is about energy efficiency.
post #230 of 434
Quote:
That review says the E30 has 66ms of lag.
I have read the review but note the model they review was
the TX-LF (note the f) the American version is the TC-L and the
uk (where i am) is the TX-L Its been argued on other forums that
its a different model with a different panel/spec.

Basically take that review with a pinch of salt as its not the same
model.

The American and Uk E30 has equal input lag to the DT30.
post #231 of 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaRd2BeAr View Post
The American and Uk E30 has equal input lag to the DT30.
and you would know this how?
post #232 of 434
Post 227...
post #233 of 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaRd2BeAr View Post
Post 227...
I see that now. What's interesting about that link you provided is that the E30 in that pic on that page, doesn't look like the E30 here in the U.S.

Does the U.K version of the E30 have that lower hanging module below the TV, like the D30 and DT30 have?
post #234 of 434
The pictures are the wrong way round but from a reliable source on
another forum

ie the e30 picture is the dt30.

dt30 picture is the e30 confusing i know

Sorry easier way of putting it Uk E30 looks like yours, uk DT30 same as yours.
post #235 of 434
CapnMikeM, thanks for making my choice easy. I was looking into the Sony EX720 32 inch too.

Does anybody have an assessment of the DT30 sound quality ? Of course I don't expect the sound to match my home theatre setup, but i wonder if i'll hear a bit of bass and be able to hear dialogues when the volume is low. Some TVs are totally not good at this, but i am holding hope because they actually put aside extra space for the speakers on this TV so they should be better than the average TV.
post #236 of 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by flavoie View Post

CapnMikeM, thanks for making my choice easy. I was looking into the Sony EX720 32 inch too.

Does anybody have an assessment of the DT30 sound quality ? Of course I don't expect the sound to match my home theatre setup, but i wonder if i'll hear a bit of bass and be able to hear dialogues when the volume is low. Some TVs are totally not good at this, but i am holding hope because they actually put aside extra space for the speakers on this TV so they should be better than the average TV.

Panasonic never been good in the sound dept with their LCD, so don't expect much.
post #237 of 434
Got the 37" and it seems like this thing doesn't save unique "picture mode" settings for EACH input. So, let's say I want all the vivid settings on input 1 to be 40, and then i go to input 2 and set everything to 50. Well when I go back to input 1 again all the settings will be at 50, not 40. Is this how it's supposed to be? My old sony bravia had this feature, so I'm a bit surprised.
post #238 of 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by flavoie View Post

CapnMikeM, thanks for making my choice easy. I was looking into the Sony EX720 32 inch too.

Does anybody have an assessment of the DT30 sound quality ? Of course I don't expect the sound to match my home theatre setup, but i wonder if i'll hear a bit of bass and be able to hear dialogues when the volume is low. Some TVs are totally not good at this, but i am holding hope because they actually put aside extra space for the speakers on this TV so they should be better than the average TV.

If I was using this for my main tv, I would invest in some home theater setup.

I use in my office and mostly use a pair of Astro 40s headset. Without the Astros the sound is just ok.
post #239 of 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by flavoie View Post

CapnMikeM, thanks for making my choice easy. I was looking into the Sony EX720 32 inch too.

Does anybody have an assessment of the DT30 sound quality ? Of course I don't expect the sound to match my home theatre setup, but i wonder if i'll hear a bit of bass and be able to hear dialogues when the volume is low. Some TVs are totally not good at this, but i am holding hope because they actually put aside extra space for the speakers on this TV so they should be better than the average TV.

Compared to most TVs on the market today, I think the sound quality of the D30 and DT30 is quite good. Especially is you turn on the bass boost feature. I've tested a Sony, Samsung, Vizio, and these Panasonic's in my home recently, and the Panasonic's easily had the best sound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by opxer View Post

Got the 37" and it seems like this thing doesn't save unique "picture mode" settings for EACH input. So, let's say I want all the vivid settings on input 1 to be 40, and then i go to input 2 and set everything to 50. Well when I go back to input 1 again all the settings will be at 50, not 40. Is this how it's supposed to be? My old sony bravia had this feature, so I'm a bit surprised.


That is a good point, and it is dissapointing. Especially because the Cinema picture preset is the most accurate out of the box. I'd prefer to use thet setting for every input.
post #240 of 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnMikeM View Post

Bought the 32" DT30 last week after returning a 32" Sony Bravia EX720.

Much happier with the Panasonic as the colors & quality IMO are far superior compared to the Bravia.

I wanted to use this tv for gaming only: 360, PS3, and PC. Having no issues with my consoles. Absolutely gorgeous.

I am having PC issues though. My current PC & laptop only have VGA and the TV can't display much more than a 1024 x 768 resolution. I will be building a new PC over the 4th weekend & expect to be using a NVIDIA GeForce 570 video card (HDMI). I should then have no issues using my PC at a high resolution. Are others connecting their PCs via HDMI?

I just connected my PC to HDMI 1 to test for dead pixels.
My Nvidia card autodetected the set as Panasonic TV with 1920x1080 resolution.

Got the 32 inch version, very nice so far !
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Panasonic DT30 impressions?