or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Sony NX720 Owner's thread (KDL60NX720, KDL55NX720, KDL46NX720)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Sony NX720 Owner's thread (KDL60NX720, KDL55NX720, KDL46NX720) - Page 110

post #3271 of 3424
Quote:
Originally Posted by senseijake View Post

What is bad about it? Video Quality? Audio Quality?
Video quality is pretty poor. Audio is fine. THe deal breaker is the TV either rebooting or dropping the internet connection while you are using the app (even when hard wired). Oh and it regularly forgets the skype password saying sign in failed until you enter it again.
post #3272 of 3424
from sony.com not much changed

Improvements over version PKG4.005AAA:

Improved performance and stability of the Internet features

Benefits provided by previous updates and included in version PKG4.009AAA:

Adds the ability to use the Skype® online calling service
Adds the "What's New" feature
Media Remote (Software keyboard, Full / Simple Remote and Shake Track ID)
VAIO® Remote Keyboard
Media Remote (text by voice)
Audio Theatre Control Widget
WMV/WMA Codec for DLNA / USB
Adds the capability for 3D via USB (3D models only and requires 3D active glasses)
Note: Allows you to view your Bloggie® 3D camera content when connected through the USB port on your TV
Improves performance and stability of IPTV (Internet Protocol TV) features
Note: IPTV allows you to enjoy HD (High Definition) programming from the Internet on your BRAVIA television that is connected to a broadband Internet connection
post #3273 of 3424
Quote:
Originally Posted by smooth tha boss View Post

from sony.com not much changed
Improvements over version PKG4.005AAA:
Improved performance and stability of the Internet features
Benefits provided by previous updates and included in version PKG4.009AAA:
Adds the ability to use the Skype® online calling service
Adds the "What's New" feature
Media Remote (Software keyboard, Full / Simple Remote and Shake Track ID)
VAIO® Remote Keyboard
Media Remote (text by voice)
Audio Theatre Control Widget
WMV/WMA Codec for DLNA / USB
Adds the capability for 3D via USB (3D models only and requires 3D active glasses)
Note: Allows you to view your Bloggie® 3D camera content when connected through the USB port on your TV
Improves performance and stability of IPTV (Internet Protocol TV) features
Note: IPTV allows you to enjoy HD (High Definition) programming from the Internet on your BRAVIA television that is connected to a broadband Internet connection

It's the same text published 1 year ago, nothing has changed in Sony's web page since firmware 3.XXX #Fail Sony
post #3274 of 3424
yea update still hasn't fixed my widgets not showing up at all
post #3275 of 3424
Quote:
Originally Posted by smooth tha boss View Post

yea update still hasn't fixed my widgets not showing up at all
I know it's a pain, but have you tried resetting the TV back to factory defaults? If that still doesn't work, I'd definately call Sony.
post #3276 of 3424
Hi all,

I've tried to read as much as this thread as I can, but 110 pages is a little too much to go over everything. I have two questions that I hope someone can answer?

1) I have the NX55720, can the audio return channel on HDMI port 1 resend 5.1 audio to a surround system from other HDMI sources? E.g My Macmini is connected on HDMI port 4, will the TV accept the 5.1 signal and reroute it via HDMI port 1 (ARC)?
2) The wall which faces my TV is a full mirror, sometimes I can see the reflection from the mirror on the tv. It's about 10 feet from the TV to the mirror, any idea what would be the best settings?

Thanks for your time.

Edit: Are widgets country specific? Being in the Philippines, I can only get the FB and Twitter widget frown.gif

Further edit: Sorry for all the questions. But using my Wii component cable, the TV doesn't seem to accept the blue channel using the adapter. Any one else had this problem?
Edited by Pottypotsworth - 7/26/12 at 12:45pm
post #3277 of 3424
after the newest update i cant change between analogue and digital when i use Picture in picture.
but i can switch once from digital to analogue when normal using then again i cant switch to digital from remote

and the youtube also doesn't work
post #3278 of 3424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pottypotsworth View Post

Edit: Are widgets country specific? Being in the Philippines, I can only get the FB and Twitter widget frown.gif

yes i think so
bz i bought my set from china and there are only useless widgets.
post #3279 of 3424
what happened to the nx720 users ?
post #3280 of 3424
So how's everyone liking this TV now? I've had it for awhile and love it .

What are your Settings?
post #3281 of 3424
Still loving it...no major issues so far. 3D isn't great but I knew that going in.
post #3282 of 3424
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMartin56 View Post

Still loving it...no major issues so far. 3D isn't great but I knew that going in.
what settings are you using for everyday use?

I only watch movies maybe thrice a month
post #3283 of 3424
Anyone else get a solid black line across the screen? 55nx720 bought in march.

Anyone know if sony is replacing panels or tvs outright? Will i get stuck with the underwhelming hx750?
post #3284 of 3424
Quote:
Originally Posted by winston9332 View Post

Anyone else get a solid black line across the screen? 55nx720 bought in march.
Anyone know if sony is replacing panels or tvs outright? Will i get stuck with the underwhelming hx750?

They replaced my 11 month old 60NX720 this past Friday. They had no replacement sets or panels for the 60 in stock so it was changed out with an upgraded set . I was extremely pleased with the way Sony handled this and am very happy with the new set after some tweaking to get rid of some mild clouding of black scenes. The issue I was having was a array of LEDs that were either full on or full off creating a 5" wide flashlight or 5" wide shadow. I posted pictures a few pages back.
post #3285 of 3424
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicFlair View Post

So how's everyone liking this TV now? I've had it for awhile and love it .
What are your Settings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMartin56 View Post

Still loving it...no major issues so far. 3D isn't great but I knew that going in.

did u guys analogue and digital selection button in remote working?
Edited by redjunior - 8/7/12 at 1:35am
post #3286 of 3424
in Russia, up till yesterday had 8th firmware, while reading forums thought why there's no 9th firmware to european set, and today it's updated to 12th version!
what was in 9, 10 & 11? mystery.
post #3287 of 3424
I just got brand new 55NX720 for $999 plus tax at sears clearance.

I think this is steal.. biggrin.gif anyway

Looks incredible and PQ is just amazing!

I also have samsung LNT4081F for about 5years still going strong with great PQ..
post #3288 of 3424
im new here and new to the world of sony TVs in general. i have recently bought a 40NX720 and has failed miserably to play my movie collection which resides into my mobile hdd. some movies which are in mpeg4 format plays well. most of them (.avi, .divx, .mkv etc) do not play frown.gif

any help?!?!?!
post #3289 of 3424
Quote:
Originally Posted by batoutofhell View Post

im new here and new to the world of sony TVs in general. i have recently bought a 40NX720 and has failed miserably to play my movie collection which resides into my mobile hdd. some movies which are in mpeg4 format plays well. most of them (.avi, .divx, .mkv etc) do not play frown.gif
any help?!?!?!

Get a free DLNA media server for your PC like serviio and use that to stream to your TV. Serviio will take care of converting your files on the fly to something the TV can play.
post #3290 of 3424
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryW View Post

Get a free DLNA media server for your PC like serviio and use that to stream to your TV. Serviio will take care of converting your files on the fly to something the TV can play.

thanks man smile.gif will try n get back to you smile.gif
post #3291 of 3424
I'd give Plex a go. It's a really good all in one player as well as media server (that now has DLNA).
post #3292 of 3424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsoncleaver View Post

I'd give Plex a go. It's a really good all in one player as well as media server (that now has DLNA).

hey man thanx for the advice. im new to this so i need to understand the difference between the player and the media server. from what i understand, the server should be installed in my laptop where all the media files are residing. The players should be installed in the TV?? eek.gif well as you tell im a newbie :$
post #3293 of 3424
Serviio does exactly one thing - stream media files to your tv.
Plex does that plus more stuff.

Forget plex, it is over kill for your immediate goals and will just give you more chances to make mistakes.
Come back to it later after you have media streaming working and you find yourself wanting more.
post #3294 of 3424
I have the 55nx720. Here is an alternative.

After many failed attempts. I finally have a successful system. It may seem cumbersome to some people, but it works fine for me and the best part is that it only costs me some time! smile.gif

Convert the file to HD WMA.
Stream wirelessly to TV from Computer.

Works fine so far. No hiccups whatsoever. No failed play attempts. Most files I convert are MKV. I'm currently doing a Bourne retrospective to psych me up for the Bourne Legacy and I've converted and played the first two of the trilogy with the above setup with no problems.

And again best part of it, no money was spent!biggrin.gif

Have fun!
post #3295 of 3424
Yep AVI and divx arent supported formats. MKV should be though. I too use Serviio to stream to all of the devices in my house. I think PS3Media server and TVersity are also good alternatives. Anything that can transcode on the fly will save you some time/effort.
post #3296 of 3424
I installed serviio couple of weeks ago but I found that widescreen (16:9) format videos are not being displayed correctly, it is showing up as a very narrow screen. Tried fiddling with various display sizes but that did not help and I gave up. Any tips on getting the serviio streamed video to show up correctly will be highly appreciated
post #3297 of 3424
Quote:
Originally Posted by yash View Post

I installed serviio couple of weeks ago but I found that widescreen (16:9) format videos are not being displayed correctly, it is showing up as a very narrow screen. Tried fiddling with various display sizes but that did not help and I gave up. Any tips on getting the serviio streamed video to show up correctly will be highly appreciated
Hmm well make sure you are using the latest 1.0.1 release which was just released last week. Based on some feedback myself and others provided, they have added a specific "Bravia 2011 US" profile. That should fix a few issues we US users were having with the default profile. You may have to manually select the profile using the serviio console.

Also, I had problems with the new DAR feature. If you are having problems still, try backing up the file servvio/config/profiles.xml and then edit the profile with id="sony2012" and delete every occurance of DAR="16:9" from that profile, and restart serviio.

Finally, I believe the Sony defaults to a zoom/fill mode for DLNA and doenst save the user selected display option, so you have to keep resetting it.

The serviio forums are a great place for help, I'd suggest starting there.
Edited by koan00 - 8/20/12 at 6:16am
post #3298 of 3424
Hey guys,

Any help with this?

1) I have the NX55720, can the audio return channel on HDMI port 1 resend 5.1 audio to a surround system from other HDMI sources? E.g My Macmini is connected on HDMI port 4, will the TV accept the 5.1 signal and reroute it via HDMI port 1 (ARC)?
2) The wall which faces my TV is a full mirror, sometimes I can see the reflection from the mirror on the tv. It's about 10 feet from the TV to the mirror, any idea what would be the best settings?

Thanks
post #3299 of 3424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pottypotsworth View Post

Hey guys,
Any help with this?
1) I have the NX55720, can the audio return channel on HDMI port 1 resend 5.1 audio to a surround system from other HDMI sources? E.g My Macmini is connected on HDMI port 4, will the TV accept the 5.1 signal and reroute it via HDMI port 1 (ARC)?
I don't think it will work this way. You need to connect the Mac Mini to the reciever and use the reciever to switch between the inputs. Only run 1 hdmi from the reciever to HDMI1 on the TV.
post #3300 of 3424
Just got a software update to PKG4.012AAA ....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Sony NX720 Owner's thread (KDL60NX720, KDL55NX720, KDL46NX720)