Front Panel USB Digital connection with iPod and iPhone Audio Control
A USB port on the front panel provides convenient connection for your iPod/iPhone, which also charges when connected. Because the digital signal from the iPod/iPhone is transmitted directly to the AV Receiver, noise interference is minimized and sound quality is much better.
This model offers networking capabilities and can serve as the hub of a home entertainment network that’s connected to the Internet. Its powerful networking capabilities provide enjoyment of thousands of free Internet radio stations worldwide and full access to free and paid music streaming services such as Pandora, vTuner, Rhapsody, SiriusXM Internet Radio and Napster. This model is also Windows 7 and DLNA 1.5 certified which allows access to music files on any computer or local NAS drive content available on the home network.
iPhone AV Controller App
Use in a Home Network for More Music, Easy Control: This AV Receiver can be the control center of a home entertainment network connected to the internet. You can use the AV Controller app for control from an iPhone, etc., and enjoy music streaming from Pandora, Napster, Rhapsody and Sirius Internet Radio.
Analog and HDMI Video Upscaling to Full HD 1080p
This model is capable of outstanding upscaling and i/p conversion quality, This AV Receiver will upscale video signals up to 1080p. This means a much better picture with HDTVs capable of 720p, 1080i or 1080p resolution.
This model also features extremely precise motion adaptive and edge adaptive deinterlacing and multi-cadence detection (including 3-2 pull-down).
Advanced On-Screen GUI
On-Screen Advanced GUI (Graphical User Interface) Yamaha’s latest Graphical User Interface has a high resolution display with clear, easy-to-use menus and also includes a selectable Status Bar that shows input source, volume level, DSP mode and audio format.
HDMI with 3D and Audio Return Channel
1080p HDMI with 3D and Audio Return Channel (6 In/ 1 Out), including one on Front Panel deliver crystal-clear, all-digital audio and video via a single cable, HDMI dramatically simplifies cabling and helps provide consumers with the highest-quality home theater experience. HDMI can provide an interface between most audio/video sources, such as a set-top box, Blu-ray player, DVD player, or A/V receiver and a video monitor, such as a High Definition Television (HDTV), over a single cable.
Audio Return Channel (ARC) is a distinctive 3D-ready function allows consumers to use a single HDMI connection to transfer digital audio from the TV back to the AV Receiver eliminating the need for a second cable between the TV and the home theater AV Receiver.
Front Panel HDMI Input
An HDMI terminal on the front panel makes it easy to connect a camcorder or digital camera. All of the HDMI terminals are compatible with 3D and CEC, making them convenient for connecting set-top boxes and Blu-ray disc players.
HD Audio with CINEMA DSP 3D
CINEMA DSP 3D provides a wide, high and dense sound field. HD Audio format decoding lets you enjoy HD Audio sources. Virtual Presence Speaker delivers 3-dimensional sound without actual use of presence speakers. The actually measured sound field data contain the information of the height of the sound images. CINEMA DSP 3D mode achieves the reproduction of the accurate height of the sound images so that it creates the accurate and intensive stereoscopic sound fields in a listening room.
SCENE for One-Touch Start
The Four SCENE buttons make operating the receiver easier than ever. They are initially set to default settings for BD/DVD Viewing, CD Disc Listening, TV Viewing and Radio Listening. Pressing a SCENE button will automatically launch a number of operations that initiate play of the source controlled by that button. Other SCENE settings are also available, such as iPod Listening, SiriusXM Listening [model dependent], TV Sports Viewing and Action Game Playing. Browsing and selecting the settings is quickly accomplished by changing Input via the front panel and watching the on-screen display. The settings can be selected for one-time use, or they can replace the original default settings. The SCENE names can be changed also.
YPAO Automatically Sets the Best Sound for Any Room
Yamaha’s YPAO system uses a small microphone and sophisticated equalization to automatically set the best sound for any room, no matter where the speakers are. First it checks the speaker connections and phase of each speaker. Then it sends out tones which are captured by the microphone to analyze the room acoustics and sets a variety of parameters, such as the speaker size, the distance of the speakers and even the sound pressure level, etc. Until it achieves the best sound conditions for your room and you don't have to do anything!
Compressed Music Enhancer
When music is encoded into a digitally compressed format like MP3, the frequency response suffers. This function restores what was lost, so your music always sounds the way it should.
The RX-V671 has a low standby power consumption of 0.1W (2.0W in HDMI Standby Through mode) and an Auto Power Down feature (selectable to 4, 8 or 12 hours) which help make this an environmentally friendly receiver
Optional Accessories for Added Convenience
Yamaha Docks make it easy to enjoy your favorite music from your iPod or iPhone, with or without cables. With the YDS-12, all you have to do is set the unit in the cradle.
Universal Dock for iPod/iPhone YDS-12
yAired Wireless Dock System YID-W10
Bluetooth® Wireless Audio Receiver YBA-10
- SCENE buttons (BD/DVD, TV, CD and Radio)
- Quick and simple to use
- HDMI CEC powers up compatible TVs and Blu-ray Disc™ players
- Network functions
- AV Controller app for operating various functions from an iPhone, etc.
- Access to: Internet Radio (vTuner): MP3, WMA Streaming Services (Rhapsody®, SIRIUS Internet Radio, Pandora®, Napster®) Music files on PC: WAV, MP3, WMA, AAC, FLAC
- DLNA 1.5 certified
- Front panel USB Digital Connection for iPod and iPhone
- Advanced multi-language GUI on-screen display with album art
- SIRIUS Satellite Radio ready
- HDMI front panel input for devices such as camcorders and digital cameras
- HDMI CEC with versatile control from AV Receiver remote control
- YPAO sound optimization for automatic speaker setup
- Audio input assign capability for HDMI and component video input
- Ability to change HDMI Input while in Standby Through mode
- iPod/iPhone compatibility with optional YDS-12 Universal Dock
- Wireless connection for iPod/iPhone with optional YID-W10
- Bluetooth (A2DP) compatibility with optional Yamaha Bluetooth® Wireless Audio Receiver YBA-10
- iPod/iPhone song titles displayed in English and Western European languages on the front panel and on-screen display
- Dialogue Lift
- Audio Delay for adjusting Lip-Sync (0-250ms)
- Preset remote unit
- Background video feature (for tuner and USB only)
- 7-channel powerful surround sound, 125W per Channel (8 ohms, 20 Hz-20 kHz, 0.09 % THD, 2 ch driven)
- HD Audio format decoding: Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio; Dolby Digital Plus and DTS-HD High Resolution Audio
- Discrete amp configuration
- Pure Direct for highest resolution sound
- Low jitter PLL circuitry helps optimize sound imaging
- Assignable amplifiers for bi-amp connection
- Intelligent assignable amplifiers for Surround Back to Front Presence or Zone 2
- Analog and HDMI video upscaling to full HD 1080p
- 1080p-compatible HDMI: 6 inputs (1 on front) and 1 output
- Supports Deep Color (30/36 bit), x.v.Color, 24Hz Refresh Rate and Auto Lip-Sync compensation
- High quality video processing with precise deinterlacing
- Motion adaptive and edge adaptive deinterlacing
- Multi-cadence (incl. 3-2 pull-down) detection
- HDMI with 3D and Audio Return Channel
- HD Audio decoding with CINEMA DSP 3D (17 DSP programs)
- Compressed Music Enhancer with CINEMA DSP
- Virtual Presence Speaker function for CINEMA DSP 3D surround without Front Presence Speakers
- Adaptive DRC (Dynamic Range Control) and Adaptive DSP Level
- SILENT CINEMA and Virtual CINEMA DSP
Versatile Zone Control
- Zone 2 on/off and control on front panel
- Zone sleep and system sleep
- Remote input/output
- Programmable +12V trigger output
Released May 2011.
Note: The RX-V671 probably shares 90% commonality with a number of other 'mid range' Yamaha 2011 "national" and/or "market segment" variants, including, but not limited to: the RX-V771, RX-V871, RX-V867, RX-A710, RX-A810, HTR-6064, HTR-7064, and HTR-8064.