or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Vizio E3D420VX
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Vizio E3D420VX - Page 10

post #271 of 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngwest36 View Post

This is a good set for the price but this is still a "discount" TV, so yes, you will see bleeding and some banding, and some juddering. If you don't want that then you're going to have to spend much more. For me, it's a cheap 3D TV - but it does what it does, warts and all, at a great price.

That stinks. It is a good price. I don't agree that you would have juddering and backlight bleed just because it's a "cheap" set though. The Vizio M3D470KD is $748 with "no" motion problems and has "slight" bleeding. The ES models from Samsung including the High-End ES8000 exhibits flashlighting. That rather expensive "mid-range" LG LM6200 experiences terrible juddering. But I get what you're saying. It is Vizio.
post #272 of 373
Quote:
I'm interseted in this set mainly because it's LCD and not LED.
I hate to tell you, both are "LCD TV's". One is LED driven, the other is CCFL driven (backlighted).
Blame Samsung & the CEA for this current scam/sham/deceptive advertising of these sets.

BTW, full array LED driven sets don't suffer from flashlighting.
post #273 of 373
Quote:
That rather expensive "mid-range" LG LM6200 experiences terrible juddering.
Are these models with 120Hz (and above) and if so, is this when that feature is 'on'?
post #274 of 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by videobruce View Post

I hate to tell you, both are "LCD TV's". One is LED driven, the other is CCFL driven (backlighted).
Blame Samsung & the CEA for this current scam/sham/deceptive advertising of these sets.
BTW, full array LED driven sets don't suffer from flashlighting.

True, LCD standards for Liquid Crystal Display. LED and CCFL are the types of backlighting LCD TVs have. Its all marketing, like you said. I think it would confuse the hell out of the average joe if you said "LCD LED HDTV" or LCD CCFL HDTV". That said, they could have just kept calling it LCD HDTV and state "with LED backlighting".

I
post #275 of 373
Quote:
I think it would confuse the hell out of the average joe if you said "LCD LED HDTV" or LCD CCFL HDTV".
Of course if the CEA would take the time to educate the consumer, it wouldn't be a problem and they wouldn't have to resort to new 'gimmicks' to sell stuff.

When the CCFL backlighted sets disappear, I wonder what new 'scheme' they will come up with. rolleyes.gif
post #276 of 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by videobruce View Post

Of course if the CEA would take the time to educate the consumer, it wouldn't be a problem and they wouldn't have to resort to new 'gimmicks' to sell stuff.
When the CCFL backlighted sets disappear, I wonder what new 'scheme' they will come up with. rolleyes.gif

Laser HDTV! lmao
post #277 of 373
Mits already has a Laser driven DLP RPTV for a couple of years now. wink.gif
post #278 of 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by videobruce View Post

Are these models with 120Hz (and above) and if so, is this when that feature is 'on'?

The 6200 is 120Hz. I know the juddering issue was a hot topic on the 6200 thread for a while. I believe it was happening with it on and off. I currently have the Samsung D630 that exhibits the same problem. Off, Clear, Standard, Smooth, or Custom and my D630 still judders. Clear is the best for all programming but still judders on certain material.
post #279 of 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by videobruce View Post

I hate to tell you, both are "LCD TV's". One is LED driven, the other is CCFL driven (backlighted).
Blame Samsung & the CEA for this current scam/sham/deceptive advertising of these sets.
BTW, full array LED driven sets don't suffer from flashlighting.

That was just a brain-fart on my part. I realize my mistake. I know that LCD and LED are the same thing. I should've said CCFL instead of LCD.
I'm no stranger to televisions and technology. I know all about full array, local dimming. I was merely trying to point out that just because something is low in price doesn't warrant that it will have issues. Hence the examples I gave.
post #280 of 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by videobruce View Post

Of course if the CEA would take the time to educate the consumer, it wouldn't be a problem and they wouldn't have to resort to new 'gimmicks' to sell stuff.
When the CCFL backlighted sets disappear, I wonder what new 'scheme' they will come up with. rolleyes.gif

Samsung already has a new 'scheme' that actually works really well. It's "DIrect-Lit LED" that is set up like a CCFL only it's LED. It's cheaper to make than full array. Basically a poor-man's full-array. The EH series is very good in terms of screen uniformity. I'm assuming Samsung will start using this set up more often in the coming years.
post #281 of 373
Anyone have any trouble connecting a Macbook Pro to this tv? I use the adapter and plug the hdmi wire into hdmi 1. My Mac picks up the tv as a display but the tv will say either not supported or no signal depending on what resolution I pick. From what I read its supposed to automatically detect the best resolution for the tv. Can anyone help?
post #282 of 373
This issue isn't particular to the vizio. My pc laptop to my samsung LCD sometimes does the same thing. When I cycle the input from pc to tv and back it straightens out.
post #283 of 373
How is everybody liking the Vizio E3D series. Was thinking about picking up the Vizio E3D470VX. However I do play games and was wondering if anybody experienced gaming or input lag? Also looking at the Vizio M3D470KD and the LG LM6700 and 7600. How do you guys think this TV compares. If you have anything to say about your experience with this TV please chime in. Thanks it is greatly appreciated.
post #284 of 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngwest36 View Post

This issue isn't particular to the vizio. My pc laptop to my samsung LCD sometimes does the same thing. When I cycle the input from pc to tv and back it straightens out.

How is everybody liking the Vizio E3D series. Was thinking about picking up the Vizio E3D470VX. However I do play games and was wondering if anybody experienced gaming or input lag? Also looking at the Vizio M3D470KD and the LG LM6700 and 7600. How do you guys think this TV compares. If you have anything to say about your experience with this TV please chime in. Thanks it is greatly appreciated.
post #285 of 373
Hey guys,

I just recently bought the Vizio E3D420VX. I have it connected to my pc and I've been trying to play games in 3d from the pc. The issue I have is this, when the tv is in 3d mode, I can't turn game mode on at all. It is greyed out and I can't adjust it. So the picture looks great in 3d, but I get horrible input lag. I can click a button and see it react a half second later.

Now, when I turn off the 3d mode and play in 2d, I can adjust the game mode setting to on and it works like a champ.

Is there a way to bypass this game mode being greyed out in 2d?
post #286 of 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanT View Post

How is everybody liking the Vizio E3D series. Was thinking about picking up the Vizio E3D470VX. However I do play games and was wondering if anybody experienced gaming or input lag? Also looking at the Vizio M3D470KD and the LG LM6700 and 7600. How do you guys think this TV compares. If you have anything to say about your experience with this TV please chime in. Thanks it is greatly appreciated.

I have the 47 and am not having issues with lag. Others do, I believe, especially with 3D turned on but I've not had any experience with lag making anything unplayable. Played the entire uncharted 3 in 3D with no trouble.
post #287 of 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemoWilliams84 View Post

Hey guys,
I just recently bought the Vizio E3D420VX. I have it connected to my pc and I've been trying to play games in 3d from the pc. The issue I have is this, when the tv is in 3d mode, I can't turn game mode on at all. It is greyed out and I can't adjust it. So the picture looks great in 3d, but I get horrible input lag. I can click a button and see it react a half second later.
Now, when I turn off the 3d mode and play in 2d, I can adjust the game mode setting to on and it works like a champ.
Is there a way to bypass this game mode being greyed out in 2d?

This has been addressed before. We think vizio goofed in this aspect and it'll take a firmware update from vizio to correct it.
post #288 of 373
Ahh... so not likely to be fixed.
post #289 of 373
Question about the Vizio YOUTUBE app -

I skimmed through and didn't see so I apologize if this has already been questioned and answered

I have several youtube playlists on my youtube account that I have made. Some playlists have over 100 videos...............

I have 12mbps internet and have no problems with the videos playing at all..........what my PROBLEM is is when I start a playlist, it autoplays for about ten vid's (maybe, give or take) and then it just stops and shows a the main youtube app screen as if it's saying "thanks for watching, we can't play anymore vids unless you manually start it." I'm pretty sure it's not an internet connection issue. The TV is LAN connected..

The panasonic bluray player youtube app doesn't do this. it keeps autoplaying for hours if I want it to...........But the Vizio always stops.....

Is there like a playlist limit or something? I don't get why there would be but can't find any info on it.

Thanks : D
post #290 of 373
anyone else notice the firmware upgrade a few days ago to version 2.20.0.1113?
post #291 of 373
My 47" is still on 1100.
post #292 of 373
Mine has not updated yet either. Guess it will come eventually. By the way, did the firmware update provide any new features or widgets?
post #293 of 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy1 View Post

Mine has not updated yet either. Guess it will come eventually. By the way, did the firmware update provide any new features or widgets?

one thing I noticed is that YouTube doesn't say Droid Sans Fallback anymore when launching. also the interface for VIA seems more responsive. other than that I'm not sure if there are any new apps. this update happened only after I had been unplugging my unit at night. this happened after the second night. I was so surprised that I took a picture of the upgrade notification.
Edited by petermg - 12/10/12 at 11:30am
post #294 of 373
Did the new update fix the greyed out "gaming mode" option when playing in 3d? I have the 42 inch, and the lag can be pretty severe depending on the game. It seems strange that this option would be disabled for 3D, but not 2D, when 3D gaming has to be the reason at least some people got this TV.
post #295 of 373
Just curious, but how do you check what version you are running?
post #296 of 373
Are these updates available for a separate download for a self install if you don't have a Ethernet connection to the TV?
post #297 of 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdchance View Post

Just curious, but how do you check what version you are running?

Go into MENU, then select HELP, and you should find the version number in the system info panel.
post #298 of 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by videobruce View Post

Are these updates available for a separate download for a self install if you don't have a Ethernet connection to the TV?

I checked the Vizio website and they don't seem to have any firmware update files available for download. My TV has yet to download the update, and Vizio claims there is no way to force a download...you just have to wait for it to happen.
post #299 of 373
Which forces you to have a Internet connection even if you don't want it. Then if the update causes more or different problems, you can't roll back.
Really lame.
post #300 of 373
Just ordered this TV for my bedroom. I went with the 42" version. I will mainly be gaming (non-3D 98% of the time) and watching TV/Movies (Some movies in 3D). It will be in tomorrow and I am very excited about it. Can't beat the price for all the features and the reviews have been mostly positive. Anybody else here game on this TV (360, PS3, Wii U) and have no problems? I have read some people say there is input lag but others have said it's 100% fine after you turn on Game Mode. I am guessing most the people complaining haven't turned on game mode or tweaked the settings enough to get it going like it should be? Any new owners feel like sharing their experiences? Thanks!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Vizio E3D420VX