or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › HTPC Gaming › Direct2Drive (and other) game deals thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Direct2Drive (and other) game deals thread - Page 8

post #211 of 820
Thanks for the infos... guess I'll be 10$ poorer.. even if I won't have time to play those games before 2014
post #212 of 820
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashboard View Post

Steam weekend deal :

Dead Space - 5,00$
Dead Space 2 - 5,00$

Dead Space pack (1+2) = 9,99$

Might finally bite the bullet on both.... even if I won't have time to play them. 5$ is so cheap for a game

Controls on this game (DS1 at least) are f'ing terrible for keyboard mouse...terrible as in barely (and not worth) playing.
post #213 of 820
Thread Starter 
Deus Ex: Human Revolution for $9.99 at Best Buy. Apparently Best Buy is now getting in on the digital download scene.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Deus+Ex+...=227502&loc=01
post #214 of 820
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomfoolery_79 View Post

Controls on this game (DS1 at least) are f'ing terrible for keyboard mouse...terrible as in barely (and not worth) playing.

Did you play with vsync disabled? I didn't notice any problems with the controls once doing that. With vsync enabled however it's completely unplayable.
post #215 of 820
Force VSYNC disable in the game launcher associated with your video card, I know Nvidia and AMD both have that feature.....and you'll be back to normal. I had to play with a joypad however, it never felt right with kbm, but the game was designed with pad in mind so I wasn't really surprised.
post #216 of 820
If all else fails and you want Vsync in Dead Space, then use D3DOverrider found in RivaTuner to force triple buffering along with Vsync.

The forced triple buffering aspect of D3DOverrider can greatly help the playability of other games as well, Just Cause 2 being one example.
post #217 of 820
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkwing View Post

Deus Ex: Human Revolution for $9.99 at Best Buy. Apparently Best Buy is now getting in on the digital download scene.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Deus+Ex+...=227502&loc=01

Holy! 10$ I would bite but probably not able to buy it in Canada.

Also, finally a rebate on the DD format compared to the physical.
post #218 of 820
Alice Madness Returns is $7.50 on Amazon. It also qualifies for the December promo code, so you can get it for $2.50 if you have one of the promo codes. You can also use the key and download it on Origin.
post #219 of 820
20% Off everything this weekend on Direct2Drive.

Use coupon code : ENDURANCE at checkout.

I'll be gone so I won't be able to pick anything... good thing
post #220 of 820
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashboard View Post

20% Off everything this weekend on Direct2Drive.

Use coupon code : ENDURANCE at checkout.

I'll be gone so I won't be able to pick anything... good thing

I guess I'm jaded. After the sales that Steam, Amazon, Gamersgate, etc. offered last month; 20% off looks positively anemic. I'm going to do what I always do and play my huge backlog while waiting for the summer craziness.
post #221 of 820
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhufnagel View Post

I guess I'm jaded. After the sales that Steam, Amazon, Gamersgate, etc. offered last month; 20% off looks positively anemic. I'm going to do what I always do and play my huge backlog while waiting for the summer craziness.

20% is nothing compared to the Amazon and Steam sales but still.

2 weeks ago I bought Dawn of Discovery (only available on D2D), I would have waited if I knew this was coming

This deal is nice if you still haven't pre-ordered ME3, since it's not available on Steam, this will cost you around 43-47$ for ME3....
post #222 of 820
Thread Starter 
post #223 of 820
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkwing View Post

Wow Kane and Lynch 2 for $0.99:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16832141020


About all that game is worth. I bought it used for the Xbox 360 in a buy 1 get 1 sale. I ended up paying $7.50 for it and felt a bit cheated.
post #224 of 820
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhufnagel View Post

About all that game is worth. I bought it used for the Xbox 360 in a buy 1 get 1 sale. I ended up paying $7.50 for it and felt a bit cheated.

I picked it up for $5 on Steam couple years back. I did finish the game and was sad how it had so much potential it had. But the dumb AI, held it back from greatness.
post #225 of 820
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseGuy2k7 View Post

I picked it up for $5 on Steam couple years back. I did finish the game and was sad how it had so much potential it had. But the dumb AI, held it back from greatness.

I bought this game for a couple of my Steam accounts and had a blast playing it in co-op when friends come over. I thought it was a pretty cool game.
post #226 of 820
Amazon has Crysis 2 download for $9.99, or $4.99 if you have one of their $5 off promotional codes.


I could have sworn that I had 3 of those $5 off promotional codes, but I can only find two of them in my email inbox. One of them I used to get Dead Space 2 for free, and the other one I used on Need For Speed Hot Pursuit to get that down to $5. I was about 95 percent positive that I had a 3rd code, but I've searched my inbox and can't find it.

Oh well.... I guess I'll pick up Crysis 2 at a later date. I have tons and tons of games to play, so no rush...
post #227 of 820
Thread Starter 
Warhammer 40000: Space Marine for $12.49:

http://www.greenmangaming.com/games/...-space-marine/
post #228 of 820
Still 30 hours to grab Skyrim at 33% off on Steam

you can stack coupon from the last xmas sale!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/72850/
post #229 of 820
shank 2 pc from steam....$10



old school bad-ass side scroll shooter/slasher/chopper game

awesome..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #230 of 820
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditch-digger View Post

shank 2 pc from steam....$10



old school bad-ass side scroll shooter/slasher/chopper game

awesome..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think the 10$ is the normal price since it just released.

Today's deal on steam... Dino D-Day for 3,39$
post #231 of 820
Amazon is having a pretty decent sale tomorrow. I'm definitely picking up Mirror's Edge for $4.99. They also have Assassin's Creed 2 for $4.99 and Trine for $1.24, lol. Assassin's Brotherhood for $7.45. Witcher 2 for $14.99 and Darkness 2 for $24.99.

Last day in February sale...:


http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=303554
post #232 of 820
Thread Starter 
L.A. Noire Complete Edition PC Game Download for $9.99:

http://www.greenmangaming.com/games/...plete-edition/
post #233 of 820
Thread Starter 
Deus Ex: Human Revolution PC Game Download for $10.19

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...SIN=B005HRZ29K
post #234 of 820
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkwing View Post

Deus Ex: Human Revolution PC Game Download for $10.19

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...SIN=B005HRZ29K

It's also the same price on Steam
http://store.steampowered.com/app/28050/
post #235 of 820
Picked up Payday: The Heist for $5 on Amazon. Was only able to play a SP mission, but seems pretty good.
post #236 of 820
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by markc72 View Post

Picked up Payday: The Heist for $5 on Amazon. Was only able to play a SP mission, but seems pretty good.

This game is really fun with a group of buds.
post #237 of 820
Thread Starter 
post #238 of 820
Quote:

Thats a great deal for both games. I think I may have to pick up Deus Ex now.
post #239 of 820
Quote:

Just to clarify, it's Civ V. Steal for this price. Also, the expansion pack is coming soon with religion, spy, etc.

might pick up Deus Ex for me and also a copy as a gift for my dad's bday
post #240 of 820
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashboard View Post

Just to clarify, it's Civ V. Steal for this price. Also, the expansion pack is coming soon with religion, spy, etc.

might pick up Deus Ex for me and also a copy as a gift for my dad's bday

ah my bad, don't know where I got that extra I!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HTPC Gaming
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › HTPC Gaming › Direct2Drive (and other) game deals thread