or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › 'Game of Thrones' on HBO HD - NO SPOILERS or Book Discussion
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

'Game of Thrones' on HBO HD - NO SPOILERS or Book Discussion - Page 85

post #2521 of 4834
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

I don't know about anyone else, but I am eagerly looking forward to seeing some major whoop-ass handed out by our dragons.
I get a feeling our slave-traders are about to learn a horrible truth about 'em....tongue.gif

No one takes Khaleesi's dragons!

It is known.
post #2522 of 4834
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitearrow View Post

No one takes Khaleesi's dragons!

It is known.
Are they going to have to make Astopor look like Harrenhall on the map at the show's start?
post #2523 of 4834
Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Hockey Guy View Post

it does seem to take it's time, but unlike many other shows I've grown impatient with a slow pace, there is SO MUCH material to cover, I cannot fault the production at all, and would probably be more irritated if they sped through episodes any faster. That seems to be one of my biggest gripes about movies these days is the lack of character development when you can see there is substance there just begging to be pulled out.

GoT is like eating a small piece of fine chocolate or sip of a great wine. A little goes a long way and we savor it. smile.gif


good analogies.

question however, so if we re-watch an episode, which i always do,
is that like regurgitating the chocolate/wine?
post #2524 of 4834
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tack View Post

Ill be happy when Craster gets his. He's got to be the biggest skank in the series.

Agreed.
post #2525 of 4834
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. wally View Post

good analogies.

question however, so if we re-watch an episode, which i always do,
is that like regurgitating the chocolate/wine?

In a 'cud' sense, yes.... smile.gif
post #2526 of 4834
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Pylot View Post

His name was Craster, and I think he's "donating" the boys to the White Walkers to replenish their armies or what ever. That could be why they leave him alone with all of his "wives" and basically no protection.

Thanks I really didnt feel like Googling it at that time wink.gif

No need to think, it is known that he does that wink.gif

They leave him alone well becasue he wants it that way, they dont protect those who dont ask for it smile.gif he doesnt need protection anyways becasue of the "deal" hes worked out.....
post #2527 of 4834
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. wally View Post

good analogies.

question however, so if we re-watch an episode, which i always do,
is that like regurgitating the chocolate/wine?

I would think it would be more akin to taking a second sip\bite to further your appreciation for the finer details of said food\drink wink.gif sometimes you pick up on things you missed the 1st time around smile.gif
post #2528 of 4834
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOPA View Post

His bio on the IMDB on my iPhone lists him as being in Ep 3 Season 3 of GOT, but not in the BBC America mini-series Spys of Warsaw, playing a priggish French diplomat in their embassy in Warsaw. Saw that last week.

That is strange, because when I looked him up last night I got the exact opposite. Listed for SoW but no Got..
post #2529 of 4834
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitearrow View Post

No one takes Khaleesi's dragons!

It is known.
Apparently, not by everyone.biggrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. wally View Post


question however, so if we re-watch an episode, which i always do
This was the first episode I have ever done that....it worked much better the 2nd time around.wink.gif
post #2530 of 4834
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooked01 View Post

Are they going to have to make Astopor look like Harrenhall on the map at the show's start?

I don't think the dragons have quite enough displacement for a Harrenhall type event just yet. They will probably start with an HO scale Harrenhall on Kraznys compound
to start. Should at least get us some smoke on the intro smile.gif
post #2531 of 4834
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post


This was the first episode I have ever done that....it worked much better the 2nd time around.wink.gif

This season Ive been averaging three views per episode. No I'm not that nerdy, I just put it on before I go to sleep. Its not like there's anything else on.

Amazing what you pick up the second or third time.
post #2532 of 4834
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tack View Post


Amazing what you pick up the second or third time.
Agreed.smile.gif
post #2533 of 4834
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. wally View Post

good analogies.

question however, so if we re-watch an episode, which i always do,
is that like regurgitating the chocolate/wine?

Noooooooo! *vader.jpg*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post

I would think it would be more akin to taking a second sip\bite to further your appreciation for the finer details of said food\drink wink.gif sometimes you pick up on things you missed the 1st time around smile.gif

Quality Control validation wink.gif. I think I'm going to start watching the episode a 2nd time right before the new one to keep the continuity rolling with everything fresh in my head.
post #2534 of 4834
Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Hockey Guy View Post

I think I'm going to start watching the episode a 2nd time right before the new one to keep the continuity rolling with everything fresh in my head.
NOW that's a good idea.smile.gif
post #2535 of 4834
Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Hockey Guy View Post

Quality Control validation wink.gif. I think I'm going to start watching the episode a 2nd time right before the new one to keep the continuity rolling with everything fresh in my head.

exxxxxxxcelent (Burns voice) idea wink.gif
post #2536 of 4834
Ok, I must be a bigger fan than previously thought. My wife got me this for my birthday.

It's nice, but most the story info can easily be found online at HBO's site or the wiki pages. The less easily found info is the artistic concept and design elements in how they created the realm for television. A good coffee table book.
post #2537 of 4834
Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Hockey Guy View Post

Ok, I must be a bigger fan than previously thought. My wife got me this for my birthday.

It's nice, but most the story info can easily be found online at HBO's site or the wiki pages. The less easily found info is the artistic concept and design elements in how they created the realm for television. A good coffee table book.

Looks pretty cool
post #2538 of 4834
Another wonderful episode, the guy who owns (and now sold) the Sullied is hilarious. Loved those scenes, both what he was saying and the translator. Wonderful show, not my normal genre with the fantasy element, but my goodness, that is great. Boardwalk Empire should be more up my avenue and I enjoy that very much but GoT is simply on another level.
post #2539 of 4834
Quote:
Originally Posted by djb5f View Post

Another wonderful episode, the guy who owns (and now sold) the Sullied is hilarious. Loved those scenes, both what he was saying and the translator. Wonderful show, not my normal genre with the fantasy element, but my goodness, that is great. Boardwalk Empire should be more up my avenue and I enjoy that very much but GoT is simply on another level.

I agree that the slave master who sold his Unsullied to Dani was a hoot and that his translator's sugarcoated translations have made the whole thing even funnier. As others have already suggested, I have a hunch Dani understood what the nasty bastard was saying before hearing the soft-soap version delivered by the translator. This could lead to some more fun stuff.smile.gif
post #2540 of 4834
www.InnattheCrossroads.com is the official Game of Thrones food blog, and origin of the cookbook, A Feast of Ice and Fire. New recipes are always being posted, so visit often!
post #2541 of 4834
Finally caught up on the most recent episode.

Just a reminder after reading the spoiler discussions earlier. Not sure why this continues to be debated.

This is a "No spoiler" (or book discussion) thread which means exactly what it says. There is no case - NONE - where spoiler tags are justified in this thread. Any post with spoiler tags will be deleted.

There's no point in having separate threads if spoilers are being discussed in both.

... Numerous posts comparing the show to the books were deleted. Continuing to do so will result in being banned from this thread.
post #2542 of 4834
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

Can't we all just get along?biggrin.gif

To be serious for a moment.....
It's important to remember we have TWO GoT threads on this forum: one for spoilers and one for none.

A lot of guys around here have read the books.
Does that preclude them from posting in this thread?
NO.
And I believe they have enough class to not post "spoilers" in this thread (the AVS Honor System).wink.gif

Many that have are posting here. The key is not to let anyone know you read them. Once you do, you can no longer speculate, guess, have a feeling or hunch, etc about what you think may happen - because it won't be a guess at all - and most importantly, everyone will know your guesses aren't "guesses" at all.
post #2543 of 4834
Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Hockey Guy View Post

Noooooooo! *vader.jpg*
Quality Control validation wink.gif. I think I'm going to start watching the episode a 2nd time right before the new one to keep the continuity rolling with everything fresh in my head.
The only way to do it.
post #2544 of 4834
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPanther95 View Post

The key is not to let anyone know you read them. Once you do, you can no longer speculate, guess, have a feeling or hunch, etc about what you think may happen - because it won't be a guess at all - and most importantly, everyone will know your guesses aren't "guesses" at all.
You have a point.
Still, I would hope those that have read the books would have enough respect for their fellow members not to ruin the discussions for those who haven't read the novels.

A little naïve on my part perhaps....wink.gif
post #2545 of 4834
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPanther95 View Post

Many that have are posting here. The key is not to let anyone know you read them. Once you do, you can no longer speculate, guess, have a feeling or hunch, etc about what you think may happen - because it won't be a guess at all - and most importantly, everyone will know your guesses aren't "guesses" at all.

Thanks for this clarification. There is a certain poster here who admits to having read the books and is always saying things like "I get the feeling that so and so may end up such and such." Like you say, it's not really speculation if you know the outcome. I'll just report any of those posts from now on.
post #2546 of 4834
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzzin View Post

Thanks for this clarification. There is a certain poster here who admits to having read the books and is always saying things like "I get the feeling that so and so may end up such and such." Like you say, it's not really speculation if you know the outcome. I'll just report any of those posts from now on.

Just send me an IM. Any of those "guesses" that come to fruition will result in an immediate thread ban.
post #2547 of 4834
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPanther95 View Post

Any of those "guesses" that come to fruition will result in an immediate thread ban.
What if someone guesses right?confused.gif

A lot of guys are TV savvy and understand the "formula" for TV shows....
post #2548 of 4834
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

What if someone guesses right?confused.gif

A lot of guys are TV savvy and understand the "formula" for TV shows....

I think this would only apply if you've outed yourself as a book reader and continue to make "guesses" about future outcomes.
post #2549 of 4834
Another reason i dont read books & just wait for the movie....or tv show as it were. biggrin.gif
post #2550 of 4834
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzzin View Post

I think this would only apply if you've outed yourself as a book reader and continue to make "guesses" about future outcomes.
Oh, OK, that seems workable.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Programming
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › 'Game of Thrones' on HBO HD - NO SPOILERS or Book Discussion